[PRP] Looming Storms

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:51 am
Anselm had told him he needed to practice 'blending in'. Somehow, being seen with wings or horns was something that could be 'frowned' upon. While Ciro didn't care, he also was new to this role. Anselm had been bonded to the previous deity whom had given up his domain, so he knew more.

At least, for now. Ciro was determined to prove he would know more than the raven. He would just need to follow his direction and listen to his guidance until he could figure it out himself.

For now, the male had masked his godly form. No wings, no horns, no trinkets in his mane and no gear on his feet. He looked like a normal lion, although his size was large. However, he had had been told he was always a large lion. He hummed as he continued on the dry lands. A storm loomed in the distance. Ciro's golden eyes narrowed as he watched the dark clouds rolling. He felt a connection to the storms. Soon, they would drive him to where he needed to be.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:19 am
Dark paws padded along, tail flicking behind him any time green eyes lifted up. He was relatively confident, as he hurried forward, that he'd beat the storm, but he didn't like to press his luck more than he had to.

Up ahead would be somewhere that he could seek shelter. Mzingile could see the shapes in the distance and if he simply kept going, then he'd arrive in a timely manner but...

His tail swished, ears flicking before his head turned and he spotted the large, dark lion. His step faltered, Mzi nearly freezing before he decided what he was going to do. A shift of his paw and he was headed more towards the other lion than away.

kasailoki

Nuxaz

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:35 am
Nuxaz

It wasn't the scent of the other that caused him to turn his gaze away from the pending storm. It was the sound of the shuffling as the other padded his way. Ciro turned towards him with a slight 'hmm', rising from his seated position until the male was close enough for him to speak with.

Ciro's head tilted, gazing the other up and down before a smirk settled on his maw.

"Is it common for others to approach strangers in these lands?"

He asked the other. Since his return, his only socialization had been with Anselm. The bird himself was a bit abrupt when speaking to him, it wouldn't be surprising if Ciro's tone mimicked it occasionally in their conversation.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:42 am
His nose wrinkled.

Now that he was closer, he could see how much bigger the male was and he paused in his approach. There wasn't enough distance between them to do anything if he was hostile, really, but he liked the illusion of it.

Perhaps he could be wily enough for any sort of escape that might be needed.

"Depends," he answered, tail flicking like a nervous gesture. "On the strangers." His lips curled, the faint hints of an amused smile. "On the circumstances, really."

Mzi thought about sitting, but stayed standing. "How well do you know these lands?" Mzi didn't know them very well.

kasailoki

Nuxaz

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:10 am
Nuxaz

Ciro didn't miss the flicking of the tail.

"Depends on the strangers?" He wasn't sure of the comment, but the clarification that was said next made him bob his head in a sort of strange agreement. "I guess I could understand based of circumstances." The male inwardly shrugged, finding himself take a seat. It only made his appearance, slightly less intimidating.

"Not at all. Well...maybe? I don't know. Can't say I recall having lived in this part of the land before?" Ciro rambled slightly. "I guess I am just not use to the interactions with others, or at least, those who do not have wings." There was an underlying meaning to his words, for he held his illusion to the mortal before him. Mzi could think he had been talking about birds, instead of the divine.

"Do you know them well?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:20 am
The stranger sat, so Mzi sat too. His tail curled around his paws and he cocked his head, blinking slowly.

"Are you not the stranger approaching sort?" Mzi asked, though he felt as if he already knew the answer. Why would he have been asked if strangers did such things and looked almost confused when the pink and blue lion had approached him if he was?

But he had asked the question already.

"Sort of," he answered, lifting his head to look at the sky and the storm that'd roll in. "Not well enough, to know the best places to wait out a storm, but enough to get out of it."

kasailoki

Nuxaz

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:34 pm
Nuxaz

An odd question. Ciro found himself shrugging slightly.

"I don't know. Honestly, I might be? Maybe, maybe not." Ciro was still trying to figure himself out. He wished his raven 'companion' was a little more helpful, but he would remain quiet. "I haven't been in these lands for long, and I know when wandering before others haven't approached me, so I figure it to be the norm here." Another shrug.

"Wait out the storm? There is something pulling towards it. Why wait it out, when you can delve right into it? I think there are many secrets a storm can uncover," he eyed the male curiously. "Do you have things to hide?" Ciro felt a calling to the storms. The winds around them had started to pick up, and surely the rain would be soaking the lands. Mzi would need to go quickly, if he were to avoid it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:16 am
Mzi found it odd that this lion, this grown looking lion, didn't know who he was. Ciro had a funny way of speaking, alluding to lost time and many things that he didn't understand.

How had he gone about his life not knowing so much about himself?

The male thought of asking, questions sitting on his tongue before he swallowed them back down. Later, later-- he could ask later.

"Being lost in a storm isn't appealing," Mzi offered, recognizing it as a weak defense. "I'd much rather watch, where I won't get so wet." His tail flicked and green eyes glanced over at the rolling clouds.

"All of us have something to hide." He stood, stretching his back because time was running out if he wanted to find somewhere before it was too late. "You have something to hide, don't you?"

kasailoki

Nuxaz

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:36 pm
Nuxaz

Lost in the storm? Ciro found himself smirking slightly, gazing towards the pink lion. "Water won't kill you." It could, but it took a lot. While the storm was rolling in, it didn't look like it would be one with those chaotic winds, or torrential down pours. A nice storm.

"You're right." How right Mzi was. Ciro had something to hide. In fact, he had been hiding it right before this lion with her current disguise. He wouldn't slip his tongue though. He'd keep who he was a secret until it was absolutely necessary for another to know. Mzi, at this time, did not need to know a god was standing right before him. To Ciro, he was still like a lion. Just because he had horns or large wings didn't make him any different.

"I do." There was no beating around the bush with it. "But perhaps in due time I will not need to." Ciro commented. A small drop of water hit his nose. "Careful, the rain seems to be here~" He said almost excitedly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:22 pm
"Water is as deadly as anything else," Mzi countered, though he shrugged his shoulders after, pawing at the ground as though he was growing antsy.

Ears flattened, Mzi almost hunching into himself as he blinked, startled by the admission that Ciro was hiding something. "Then you have secrets and I have secrets." The pink male wanted to know what was being hidden, but he didn't want to know badly enough to try and push.

"You have yours, I have mine. We leave it at that." Don't ask, don't tell-- that sort of policy worked best when getting to know strangers.

He could feel the raindrops on his fur and he frowned. Shelter was far away now and he'd run out of time. Too easily distracted. "Is that a--" His question was drown out by the loud crack of thunder.

kasailoki

Nuxaz

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:27 pm
Nuxaz

"I guess we do," the male flashed a grin, rising to his feet. He bobbed his head in agreement, turning away from the male. "Hopefully the rain won't expose those secrets from you." For Ciro, he knew they were.

Just as Mzi was about to ask a question, a loud crack of thunder, and a flash of light. The lion that was standing beside the pink male was gone, and in its place, a lone feather floated to the ground softly. If Mzi were to look up, a large raven had soared above, cawing as he flew into the storm. His dark form fading into the even darker clouds until he was completely out of sight.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:30 pm
One moment a beast of a lion had been sitting across from him and the next-- he was gone. Above was a bird and suspicion had him putting two and two together, as much as he could given the circumstances anyway.

He watched for a moment longer, brow furrowing before he shook his head. The rainfall increased and he could feel it soaking through his fur.

Almost as if nothing had happened, Mzi continued on his way, seeking shelter beneath the nearest trees when he reached them.

kasailoki
fin<3

Nuxaz

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas