Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Things in the Grass (Maikoa & Asuka)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Blue jaws opened wide in a yawn as Maikoa made her way through the tall brush. Night was falling across the sky, and after a full day of traveling, she could already feel herself getting tired. She was more than ready to buck in for the night.

Pulling her net of goods closer to her, the lioness glanced around her in an attempt to spot a good place to sleep. Somewhere well hidden was preferred, where she could stow her items away for curious eyes. If there was one thing she'd learned from being out in the rogue lands, it was to be careful about where she left her net. Thieves, while fairly uncommon, weren't unheard of.

There wasn't anything in the immediate area... but perhaps that boulder would do. It wasn't anything tall or intimidating, but between it and the tall grass, it should be enough to keep her hidden. She didn't think she'd have to worry about rain tonight -- the sky was fairly clear.

It would have been nice to eat before bed though, she thought with a grimace, but most creatures were asleep at this time. Unfortunately.

Oh well, maybe she'd come across someone's leftover kill nearby. She could hope.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:26 pm
MangoMeow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Asuka yawned and fluffed her fur as she woke up for the day and headed out. She really didn't have a plan for the day or any other day for that matter. She had a camp already set up with the kill she had made earlier in the day, she had taken a zebra down by herself. Her family life had been good and her parents had taught her to hunt before she struck out on her own to seek a life for herself. She wasn't sure if she wanted to join a pride or just wander the rogue land as she pleased but she had choices. She took a bite of her food and then yawned again, it would be time to sleep soon she figured.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:11 pm
It was as she was walking up to the rock, ready to curl up next to it and maybe sniff out nearby food, that she heard the yawn. Maikoa froze in place, ears flicking about to trace the source, before slowly setting her paws flat against the ground.

".... Hello?"

She hated not knowing if someone was there. Which was funny, because she grew up in a jungle, where it was very easy to not spot people immediately. You would think she'd be used to it. The lioness shook her head and started approaching slowly. Hopefully whoever it was wasn't interested in causing trouble. After all, someone yawning couldn't be all that scary. Right?

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:57 pm
MangoMeow

Asuka was surprised someone was traveling this late in the day, but it was the rogue land and you could never rule anything out too quickly or you might meet a very foolish end. She heard the hello and responded, "Hello there who are you?" She called out to try to gauge if they were friend or foe.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:12 pm
Maikoa turned her head to the side as a voice answered back, and analyzed the lioness that it belonged to. A rogue, by the looks of it, so this could go either of two ways. Either she's friendly and won't cause any harm, or well, not. Only one way to find out though.

The Kizi was nothing if not cordial though, so with a soft smile, she introduced herself. "Maikoa, of the Kizi, and you are?"

She sat down and pulled her bag around to sit beside her. Best to keep it close, just in case she needed to grab it and run, but she also wanted to make herself look approachable and nonthreatening. After all, this could also mean some company for the night, and perhaps another customer.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:32 pm
MangoMeow

Asuka was curious as soon as she heard the lioness say she was of the Kizi, she had never belonged to a pride before so she didn't know much about prides other than the rumors she had heard here or there. "I'm Asuka." She said in a friendly tone her camp a clear flat area under a small tree with her kill nearby so she could keep it safe till she decided to move on and let the avians and other small creatures have their fair share. "What is your homeland like?" She asked in a curious tone.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:38 pm
It wasn't the first time she'd been asked what her home was like, and like usual, it brought a much warmer smile to her face. While she was on the fence one whether she agreed with the pride's old values, she still viewed it as home, and likely always would. After all, nothing could beat the warm air and lush plants that the Kizi lived in.

"Warm. Warmer than here, by far. It's near the ocean, so there's a lot more trees, a lot more water." And a lot more people. Lions tended to flock around there because of it's good weather and amiable locale.

She hummed, tilting her head thoughtfully, "Are you a rogue?" She assumed so, but it was polite to check first before assuming. "Have you ever been to the sea?"

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:50 pm
MangoMeow

Asuka couldn't imagine a place that was warmer than the flat rogue lands she traveled day, too, day, it was pretty hot during the day and cool during the evening. She listened to the tale of the faraway land, imagining it for herself. "Yes, I am a rogue this has been my only home, more water than a river or watering hole? Sea?" She could not remember meeting anyone who had spoken of a sea so she had nothing to work with to make sense of what a sea was. The very idea of endless what was beyond anything she could ever imagine.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Maikoa gave a chuckle at that, “Oh yes, quite a bit more than a river or watering hole.” She paused with a tilt of her head, trying to think of a good way to describe it. “... It’s more like... if you can imagine, like this whole plain is just water, with many different types of creatures living in it. That’s what the ocean is.” She wasn’t sure she’d done the description justice, but she hoped that it was close.

She shook her head, “Someday, I highly recommend going to see it.” She paused with a laugh, “Just... don’t try to breathe in it. Water is still water.”

The lioness glanced up at the sky, “Anyway, I was just looking for a spot to stay the night. I’ve been traveling all day, so I’m ready to take a break.”

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:20 am
MangoMeow

Asuka listened and then looked around them, trying to imagine this whole land filled with water and she guessed the flood were kinda like that, but she always went to high ground when that happened. Asuka laughed "Yes I know what water is and I am not a fish so I can't breathe water like one." She smiled "Thank you for the tale of your lands I have a kill I don't need all of it if you are hungry." She smiled, she was interested in Maikoa's tale of the sea and wondered what it looked and smelled like. She considered taking a trip to the sea, to explore what that area was like.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:54 pm
Oh! Another already caught kill did sound nice, though she didn't want to impose. That said, who knew when she'd find food next... The evening was so quiet that she doubted any prey was scurrying about.

She tilted her head to the side in thought, before smiling and answering back, "That would be fantastic. I don't want to just take it from you though...."

The lioness let out a laugh, "I certainly don't want to turn down food, but..." She hummed, "Perhaps I could offer a trade?" She lifted her net up to show a few of the objects within it. "We can sit down, and you are free to take a look at what I have, if you'd like."

MiddyGlow
Fin with them going back to the kill or something in the next post?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:01 pm
Asuka guided Maikoa to the zebra kill so she could eat "I don't need anything else, I'll gladly take your tale of the sea as my payment."

(Fin?)  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas