[PRP] little hiccups [ yu'star/nevidenth + ?? ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:53 pm
Remedial lessons were fine, so said Yu'star and Neivdenth. It wasn't like they actually needed to stay behind for anything as they weren't have issues in their classes (neither were slow on the uptake, the not-so-little-now bronze was fond of saying), but rather it was because Yu'star has a sort of nagging insistence on not causing issues for the next day. Or the day after that, or the day after and - well, Nevidenth got the picture on the first try and thus was there to support his rider 100%.

It didn't stop him from questioning though.

So why exactly are we doing this? The bronze watched as Yu'star looked over all the buckets, lifting and testing their handles again and again. Earlier he'd been checking over firestone bags, setting aside those that even had the faintest imperfections. This isn't even our job and no one is here. The "to watch/praise us" was unspoken, but both knew that's what the dragonet meant.

"Because," Yu'star said, setting aside a bucket that (to Nevidenth) looked practically perfect. "I could be using these tomorrow, or someone else could need them in a really important moment. Wouldn't it be good to make sure they're in perfect condition?" Yu'star could feel a mental eyebrow raise, so he continued. "I don't want to cause problems for our new home, and you shouldn't want problems here either."

Hmmmm. Nevidenth thumped his tail, still not buying all of this. But I'm bored.

"Just a little longer, okay? I'll treat you to something when we're done." Neivdenth thumped his tail again, pretty darn pleased.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:11 pm
Moirath was looking for something. Veltanna wasn’t sure what, and when Moirath spotted a fellow weyrling pair Veltanna wasn’t sure that have been the thing. But it was now. Moirath angled towards them moving quickly. Neeviiiideeeeeeeenth!!! The green dragon called as she skidded to a stop beside the bronze. What is he doing? Shouldn’t he be playing? Playing is more fun! Could we help so he can play sooner? She looked expectantly between Nevidenth and Yu’star.

Veltanna came up a little slower. Moirath, we have talked about this. One question at a time. Taking in the separated buckets, Veltanna tried to figure out what Yu’star was doing, and failed. “Were those buckets bullying these?” She joked instead waving a hand at the ones put to the side.

houllow
!

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:41 am
While the green may have skidded to a stop to the best of her ability, she still did bump the bronze. Or at least bumped the air about him, prompting the larger dragonet to look over with proverbial raised eye ridges. Nevidenth certainly hadn't been expecting company but he was by no means going to refuse this break from the boring. Leave His to look at buckets and bags for a while longer now that he had someone to keep himself entertained with. You're a rare example, Moirath, of someone who likes to play all the time. It was a random statement to a question that hadn't been asked, but the bronze said it anyway. And I think he's doing chores? Not ones he was assigned, but ones he wanted to do himself so tomorrow is an easier day. Neivdenth sounded so smug and matter of fact in his words despite how only moments before Yura had been the one telling him the same thing. Yuramine is making sure the Weyr is safe.

Yura snorted a little at the shared conversation, wondering just how his lovely lifemate had gone from being bored to (dragon) tears to talking like this was the most important thing ever. As for the greenrider, he looked to Veltanna with a smile. "I'm just inspecting some of the items to see if they need fixed. We might not always use them every day but it's really important that everything goes off without a problem."

What he's really saying is he doesn't want to end up with another bag ripping on him while he tries to carry something. Nevidenth unhelpfully added his two bits, and Yura groaned.

"Yes, thank you for that." Another bucket was placed to the side with a sigh. "And how about you? What brings you out, Veltanna?" Yura didn't know much about this young woman aside from the fact they were weyrlings together.

faesinger
i know this tag is really, really old! if you would like to drop or continue this RP please let me know!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:57 am
Ooooohhhh! Moirath went to inspect some of the buckets, probably getting in Yu’star’s way while doing so. They look the same to me. Yours must be very good with buckets to be able to tell them apart. She stayed there looking at different buckets trying to tell what made certain ones go in one section or the other. Do things often rip when he carries them? How unfortunate! Such bad luck! Maybe he should inspect them before he carries them like he inspects them now! Or he could put the bag in a bucket!

Veltanna looked puzzled and peered at some of the buckets herself, unable to tell what made them need fixing. “Huh.” She said. She had never really thought about whose job it was to inspect these things. She sort of assumed that they simply set them aside as they used them when they noticed there were problems. “That is very kind of you.” It won’t make the Headwoman or V’mel mad, she hoped. Certainly, helping out would be good. But there were degrees of wear and tear. She wouldn’t say anything though.

“Moirath wants to explore. She said I know everywhere inside and out so she wants to know everywhere outside and in.”

houllow
I'd like to continue!

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:51 pm
I don't know if I'd call it good but I think he's just got more experience looking at stuff like this? From what he tells me this has been happening since before he met me and apparently he thinks it will continue. Nevidenth huffed and puffed his chest out a tiny bit. It won't considering he has me now. I'm going to make sure he's the best.

For the kindness of his words, spoken to both dragon and echoing in his rider's head, the bronze was given a soft wave of affection. It still felt weird to Yura to have a dragon all of his own, speaking just to him and loving only him. Back home there were the Twins, bonded to his parents but openly loving to everyone in the family; it was a different love, now that he could see it. And back home...he needed to think of there as Western, since High Reaches was now his home for the foreseeable future.

"That sounds like fun, exploring." He smiled up at the young woman, friendly and not at all mocking. Yura liked hearing from people about what they enjoyed doing, what they wanted. "And thanks, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. I might be cheating someone out of their chores for the next few sevendays though. but maybe it won't be a problem." That candidate would be really thankful or maybe they'd also catch things he missed. Either way the Weyr would benefit even if it meant a job was done twice.

"Are you....from here? Like, born and raised?" Again it struck him that he knew nothing about her but the same could be said in reverse. They may be weyrlings together and have dragons from the same hatching but for all purposes they were strangers. "Coming from Western myself it's a bit....easy to get lost. Neivdenth has had to pull me from a few tight spots." Literal and figurative.

Morirath, have you done anything fun lately? Exploring is nice, I love doing it too. Mine is more hesitant though, something about..... .danger? Or whatever that means.

faesinger
gosh, it's a tag!! i know it's ridiculously late...again, but if you'd like to continue or drop this RP please let me know!

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games