Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
homebrew class contest {not guild endorsed}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you enter?
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:23 pm
Ok hear is the deal. I am going to run a little contest for up to 9 people. Everyone participating will win something if we get all 9 spots filled. The rewards will be as follows: First place, 8000plat; second 5000plat; third 3000plat; fourth 2000plat; fifth to ninth, 500plat. Now, the concept is simple in wording. I give a request for a homebrew and the people participating WIP it up and then I get my friend to help me grade the them. I will even tell you BEFORE the contest how my grading system works (Grading System at below request in second post). To enter, simply post hear and I will add you to the list of participants in this post. Entrys will be taken from now til Dec 31.
class must be finished & handed in by Jan 31.

PARTICIPANTS

1/9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:35 pm
Homebrew class

Will reveal after the poll closes.

Grading System

Each category will get a grade from 1 to 9 entry with the most points wins!

category #1. how well it would deal with games with lots of down time or little down time. (dose it have good RP potential or not)

category #2. how well Balanced against the other base classes it is.(not to complex with its fetcher and how difficult it is to play)

category #3. how close to the source material the class is. (this is darker than black contractors)

category #4 how it effects the action economy. (don't want it out preforming or under preforming the other classes)

post modification log
Dec 24: spell corrections, reordering & added this section
Dec26: desecided to extend entrys to the 31st & added the "wook time" or time to finish the class.

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:18 am
I have a question before I say, "I am interested."

What system? I am a slow reader, on top of being really busy in life, and fear It would take me a while to learn what are the rules in different systems.

And I think in your grading scale, you mean features. Not, fetchers. Fetchers being the people who go to grab something and comes back with it. Hillbilly's call them Go-fers  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:21 pm
5E d&d
ya i'm not good at spelling & the spell checker i use dose not always get it right plus some times i am in a hurry so i do not check the meninges of the spell check word ill go change it now.  

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Alzzak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:14 am
Cool, I haven’t really played it but I do know 5e. How long would the contest last?

I like to create things, in case if I am the only one, don't worry about the prize. I will still place an untested class for inspection, though It would be no fun without competition. razz

Have you tried Grammarly? It checks both grammar and spelling. It has a free version and there are add-ons for Firefox and Chrome and Apple products, I don’t know about Edge, Internet Explorer or Android. The Firefox add-on works swimmingly with Gaia.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:44 pm
i was hoping to run it for at least a month but maybe longer if needed. and i was hopping for a computation because it would create a desire to create the best class every one could. and it lets me get a class i have bean wanting but no one seems to have made.
this is honestly just a plot for me i want to see if a good class can be made & i promised my gram long ago to do for good dead for a strangers a year so this is how i am doing it this is my way of doing it.  

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items