Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Wicca Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:54 pm
I was trying to get an idea as to what it would be like if someone had been initiated under less than steller conditions.

Thanks for the insight.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:44 pm
Perhaps this is a silly question, but are the 161 Laws oathbound?

I know many of us(?) have seen them, but I suppose I grouped them together with, say, the Book of Shadows on Sacred Texts. Possibly accurate, but no one who really knows would say, "Yes, that's right."

Anyway, it just came up in M&R and I wondered. ^^;  

Ashley the Bee

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:22 pm
Ashley the Bee

I know many of us(?) have seen them, but I suppose I grouped them together with, say, the Book of Shadows on Sacred Texts. Possibly accurate, but no one who really knows would say, "Yes, that's right."

It depends on the tradition and line to be honest.
Some Gardnerian lines for example will not talk about them AT ALL
Most Alexandrians will talk about them on a surface level
You will rarely if ever get a "yes that's totally accurate", mostly because nothing in the public domain is 100% accurate. Much of it is amalgamated from more than one source and much of it contains transcribed errors.
Deeper understanding and proper application of the Ardaines is oathbound for most if not all traditions and lines.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:04 pm
I'm resurrecting this ancient thread after a long absence and a recent name change from [Kudzu] to Doctrix, so forgive the inane concept of replying to these long after the authors have moved on!

TeaDidikai
I was trying to get an idea as to what it would be like if someone had been initiated under less than steller conditions.

Thanks for the insight.

One would seek a vouch for a person initiated by a scoundrel in the same way that one would seek a vouch for a person lying about his or her initiatory status itself.

Ashley the Bee

I can neither confirm nor deny! That is my official and common answer. After all, if Wiccans announced clearly everything that was NOT oathbound and clammed up any time they were asked if something WAS oathbound, any clever person could easily assemble oathbound material through the process of elimination.  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:30 pm
Thanks so much for this!
It's really encouraging.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:35 am