Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:23 pm
His head hurt enough to blur his vision as he woke from the usual midday nap, but he still forced himself up, body unsteady. Where his head had been a rock now was visible and a scowl appeared on his face. One of his siblings, probably Satinka, thought it was funny to play a prank on him. “For ******** sakes, can’t I just have a little peace?” Tossing the offending rock away from his body, Astrid shook his head, rubbed the sore part of his face with his paw and wandered off.

It didn’t take long for him to find himself far, far away from any of the lounging spots his family tended to frequent. He had learned at an early age that the most amazing gift to be had was a space for yourself. Rolling his mismatched blue and brown eyes up to the sky he took a deep breath in and sighed.

So much has changed in the pride… the lioness’s are always on edge, the famine had unmasked the greedy and cruel and there he was right smack dab in the middle of it wondering what was next.  
Opalescent claws extended and curled as she sat, staring at her paw, examining the colorful talons that were apparently something from their father. She had met him a pawful of times but she was bitter about everything. Why couldn't he have kept her mother alive? What about the rest of her siblings, why couldn't he have done something? He was a GOD afterall. Giving a growl she lowered her paw and curled her lip, she needed to go for a walk or something.

Getting up she walked around, with no set destination in mind when a rather striking figure came into view. He was dark with vibrant markings and stole her thoughts for the time being. Maybe she could learn about him a little bit. Walking closer towards him she gave a sly smile. "It's a good day to die."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Mismatched eyes lazily looked at the lioness who called his attention. She was a pastel wonder with a smile he had seen many times before. Unlike some bumbling idiots, Astrid did know how easily he could charm a lady… or gent for that matter. From his build being solid and muscular to his pelts unique markings, Astrid easily cast a sense of envy on those around him.

Not really finding it worthwhile to stand, Astrid glanced away, mourning the loss of his time alone. “Perhaps it is a ‘Good day to die’ for you, but I must say, I prefer living… and don’t truly subscribe to the cultures of this pride.”

He was still bitter about the new reign and extremely frustrated that one of his sisters had disappeared soon after. He had no idea where she had gone, and was still frightened to perhaps find her remains somewhere on the outskirts of the lands or beyond.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Laughing she stared at him and shook jer head.

"Then why do you stay?" She could ask herself the same question honestly. "Not that I don't disagree with you, it doesn't hurt to put on a show. But you're a male so I guess you can get away with it." You could almost feel the distain in her voice as she spoke. Truly she hated these current changes in the pride because now her options were limited.

"What is your name?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

“Family.”

The word was rough and blunt, a hidden opinion hidden behind the single spoken word. What would she judge his attitude to be reflective of? Would she simply think he was too attached to leave or his family was a burden or perhaps maybe surprise him and think something more?

Without him even realizing it, Astrid had gotten to his feet, allowing the lioness to take in his full form. Had his biological mother been around the pride would have said the only thing he had obtained from her is his pelt, however, he had gotten more than that from her. His wit and mental strength he obtained from her. His father had been the only to only gift him his bulk.

“Then you are a terrible actress, lioness.” He was standing in front of her, gazing down at her with his mismatched eyes. “Continue like this and you’d surely be found dead or at the very least beaten to near death.” He checked the area around him before continuing. “I don’t know who you are, yet you question my reasons for staying and living in this ‘paradise’ after first failing to flirt with me and now… now you are chiding me and quite obviously jealous of my gender. Or…” He leaned his face down further so they were almost cheek to cheek. “Jealous of your lowly status.”

Astrid picked his face up and looked the lioness up and down a couple times dismissively, as though he was weighing her worth. “Your words are full of bitterness, I highly suggest you find someone kind to care for you… or leave as soon as possible.”  
Despite the fact he was fully grown, her adolescent size almost matched his. She would truly be a powerful adult once fully grown, but she was still young, but still his words made her narrow her gaze. "Don't threaten me with a good time." She hissed towards him, if he'd been in this pride since birth then he must have known the truth of her birth. The death of her mother, the devastating beating and almost death of her "other mother" and the dissapearance of her siblings. He knew nothing. Or maybe he did and he was making a mockery of her life.

A crooked smile formed upon her lips as she sqaured up towards him. "You can't base who I am off my single interaction with you." Looking him over she did have to say he was definitely easy on the eyes, despite his current attitude. Her tail whipped behind her in mild agitation as she stared at him. It was possible that he truly didn't know who she was given his earlier words, but if that was true then his choice of verbage was truly in poor taste given her family history to date.

"Are you going to make me?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Astrid’s face shifted, this lioness reminded him of several siblings causing him to push air through his nose in amusement. His little sister Satinka would react similarly when her attitude changed into something defensive, usually from Astrid’s being both blunt and honest with her. Perhaps this lioness was the same.

“You don’t need to get your pretty little mane all in a tizzy. I am neither offering nor threatening a good time for you. Please don’t act like I have been, I don’t enjoy having words or anything foreign for that matter, put in my mouth...” Astrid couldn’t help but make the joke, perhaps to lighten the mood, or maybe it was his defense mechanisms. However, having the pastel lioness square up against him and defend herself had him almost rumbling with laughter. He couldn’t take her seriously, not with her reactions… honestly it was almost cute to him.

“You do realize I already have made my opinion based on your pervious actions?” He was smiling now as he found a stone to roll his paw on, a quirk he picked up while he was young. Other than the movement of his paw as he rolled the stone under it, he was rather collected and comfortable.

“All I am saying is that you are bold… and boldness in this pride right now for you, my sisters and closest friends could cost you dearly. They like the timid ones that don’t fight… the ones that don’t question logic and the ones they can control.” Astrid looked over top of the pastel lioness into the distance stopping on several figures in the distance. A huge white lion was damn near beating a lioness into submission, making her carry his seed. Averting his gaze from the horror show behind her, Astrid’s mismatched eyes gazed into the strangers. “How far we have fallen taking you females and stripping you of rights.”

Backing up, Astrid took another look out towards the show the massive white lion was now performing and shuddered. There was a divide… one that would surely end with a civil war.
"...Probably best not to go back the way you came."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:25 pm
Shaking her head she paced away from him for a moment. There was no use in explaining anything to the male and she just looked back towards him with ears flat. "What's wrong with being bold, if that warlord wants to take me on, let him. I'll put up one hell of a fight in the process." More of one than her 'mother' had when he had beaten her out. She didn't know the full details of the entire event but she would one day, or wanted to at least. "I refuse to just roll over and allow myself to be viewed as someone to be kept. I'm not the only one who feels this way." SHe was certain of that.

"I'm not concerned about anything back that way anyway." Still, she didn't know this male's name yet and she was still curious to know more about him. "What is your name? You never answered me earlier." Just in case she wanted to look him up later or something, he was a challenging sort and wasn't afraid to speak his mind either and that was rather refreshing for her.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:25 pm
Astrid just shrugged, he had already spoken his piece on the matter and in his opinion there was nothing more to say. His words would lay like dust and either be inhaled by this stranger and digested or simply add a layer to the earth below. “Then you do you… but fighting single-pawed might now be the answer. Rebellion tends to work best with the backings of many.”

Shifting is gaze to her paws he looked back at her face again and lazily shrugged, “I tend to avoid giving things for free when nothing was offered in the first place.” He chuckled at her and turned away from her, wandering back over to his little peace rock. “If you really want to know, offer me your name first next time.” He was smiling to him, finding the whole event almost funny at this point. Would he run into her again? Who knew, but he was definitely certain he had left some kind of impression on her. Negative…. Or positive, it was up to her.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:39 pm
Clicking her tongue to the roof of her mouth she watched as he walked away. Fine then, he could be stubborn, perhaps she could get around to him in time.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas