It was hotter than usual and to be honest a terrible time to go on a Viking tour and yet there they were, wandering uncharted territory looking for anything worthwhile. The captain of the group had been fairly new and rather annoyingly strict. Any misstep was taken as a sign of disobedience and a lecture soon followed. One lion in particular seemed to be getting the most attention of the entire group, a very stubborn and unusually cruel white lion named Alby.

Astrid and Midas were watching as the captain went off yet again on the huge white lion, almost excited to see what would come of the whole event. Astrid still placed bets that Alby could easily take down the Captain if he really wanted to, and honestly feared looking away from the two when they fought. “b*****d doesn’t know how to listen to authority figures at all…” Casp, another lion of the group wandered over and sat down quietly, shaking his head.

“We wouldn’t be waiting around like this if the b*****d would just ******** listen once and a while. “ Midas raised a brow and smirked at Casp, “I agree but it is rather amusing to watch.” Astrid shook his head, “I am honestly a little leery of turning my back on him… something is just off.” Casp rolled his eyes and shrugged. “What, you suspect the b*****d would kill our Captain? Pfft, unlikely.”

Astrid turned his gaze to Casp and just looked at him with disdain. A rank proved nothing… and there had been rumors of captain killers within the pride, what if Alby was one of them. “Anything is possible…” Just at that moment, the Captain struck Alby in the face making everyone in the audience gasp. What would he do next?

Alby stood staring with steely grey eyes locked on the captain. He hadn’t even flinched when he was hit, nor did he move an inch. Had any of the males in the ranks been able to read minds they would probably all be worried for their captains safety, but thankfully that information was privy to him and him alone.

“I will take my leave then. Good day, Captain.” Alby’s voice was steely and cold, his body tense as he turned his back on the Captain. Had he no audience he’d surely have left the smaller male in a pool of his own blood, but for now he had to play it safe.

“Can you believe this idiot calls himself a captain?” The white lion wasn’t really directing his words to anyone in particular, but Casp still felt a need to respond. “I mean, yes, after all he has the proper training.” That line had warranted Casp a nasty glare from the hulking beast and a sudden block from Midas who stood between them.

“Eh, every Captain has their faults… this one is definitely uptight.” Midas attempted to smile at the both of them, however ended up grimacing more than anything.

“I just think it is bullshit, we should be catching some tail and bringing back some weak bitches to rule over… not tiptoeing around like we are weak little flowers.” Alby rolled his eyes and looked back at the captain again who was now more interested in caring for his fur than watching his crew. “See? ******** that guy, seriously.” Alby huffed as Astrid approached, his own blood boiling at how god damned annoying the white hulk truly was.

“I am certain we will find something out here soon… and then finally get back to our live back home.” Astrid’s tail flicked in annoyance as he looked into the distance, spotting movement, then quickly turning away and hoping that the others hadn’t noticed what he had.

Unfortunately that hope was lost for Astrid, as the females in the distances had indeed caught the eye of the party. His mismatched eyes gazed at Casp, Midas and then over at the white devil himself. Staring at Alby, Astrid had a shiver go up his spine and horror cast upon his face as the Ably bit his lip in excited. Midas also noticed the excitement of his fellow crew member and began to feel a deep pit in his stomach stretch forth. This wasn’t going to be pretty.

Casp looked at the three males and then over to the captain and was about to alert him when Alby quickly cut in, “Shut your damned mouth and learn to have some fun.” Alby’s face was mere inches from Casp now, threatening him to speak another word.

“Fun? W-what sort of f-fun?” Casp cowered beneath Alby as Midas and Astrid exchanged glances, one slowly creeping off to alert the captain while the other stood still and attempted to calm Casp into breathing slower.

“This is what we are going to do…” Alby looked towards the outline of the three lionesses and smiled widely. We are going to choose a lady to make into a thrall. He pointed out a stunning blue lioness between two brown females and grinned at Astrid. “I think I am going to take that one as my b***h.”

Astrid looked across the lands and stared at the lioness and felt something in the pit of his stomach. He knew her from somewhere, he was sure of it, but he wasn’t sure exactly sure how. Flicking his eyes up at Alby he went to open his mouth and rebuttal only to be interrupted by Casp’s whistling. “Fuuuuck, look that those two brow ladies. I am all for taking them…”

Panic started to set a fine line on Astrid’s face, he was hoping Midas could talk some sense into the captain. Glancing over, he watched as the two spoke, his heart beating furiously in his ribcage as he scrambled for ideas. He needed to stop them from proceeding somehow, glancing back and forth between Alby, Casp, Midas and the captain, Astrid froze in place.

Midas had been caught… and the temper that had been quelled for so long was now starting to spill over. “s**t.” He whispered as Alby took off after Midas and the captain.

“s**t s**t s**t.” Shoving past Casp who was in a daze, Astrid rushed to his father’s aid only to stop short. Alby was standing with his hackels raised, ready to fight and the captain was between him and his father. The captain was saying something, something that pleased Alby and disgusted Midas…

They were going to proceed forward.

Quote:
[Casting Call: Alby, Casp, Astrid and Midas. Word count: 1078]