Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:47 pm
User Image

Bright eyes danced in the dark as the dark blue male padded quietly through his prides lands. He had been growing restless as of late and the leader knew he had a few more announcements to make to his pridemates. He hoped they appreciated the changes he was bringing forth to them. While he believed in what his family had set down before him, these were a newer generation, a younger generation and to appeal to the masses he had made a few adjustments to their current rules.

Hopefully they all understood in time. He wanted to help them prosper in the best way possible without having to take away from the foundations in which they all lived.

Giving a sigh he tried to let the weight of it all drift off of him, but was having a hard time doing so. Perhaps someone would show up sooner than later and it would occupy his thoughts.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Siocled lounged in the lower branches of a tree, giving herself a thorough washing in the aftermath of a successful hunt. The cocoa leopardess had grown up in this dense jungle, lived here her entire life, and couldn't imagine being anywhere else. The climate was beautiful, the vegetation was lush and thus prey was plentiful, and most of the predators that a leopard would normally need to fear didn't find the overgrowth very hospitable - meaning she was relatively safe and could lead a peaceful, solitary life.

She was aware, of course, of the pride of lions she shared her home with. Sio could smell them, hear them, and had occasionally seen them. But she stayed outside of their territory and they didn't bother her for it. Still, the female was a curious creature, and on this particular night, she had chosen a tree quite close to their border for her meal. Not close enough to be considered an intrusion but certainly enough to watch as the patrols passed by.

Ah. Here's one now. He was quiet in paw and dark in colour, barely rustling the leaves he brushed past. These lions always intrigued her, almost more like her own kind than a lion should be. She thought about making contact - a product of her inquisitiveness and perhaps a little loneliness - but wasn't sure it was a good decision. After some brief consideration, Sio decided to let him make the call. She loudly scraped some bark off of the bough she lied on and allowed it to fall, crashing through the brush, to the jungle floor.

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:41 am
Rennekae

He was more than aware there were other creatures that dwelled in the forests aside from the lions in his pride and he paid them no mind. If they didn't bother them, they would return the favor and leave them in peace. More than aware that some of the older generation might attack them still he was more welcoming towards the stranger faces, as a traveling group of cheetahs had helped them a few moons back after the tropical storm had ravaged their pride.

Ears twitched as he heard movement in a tree not far away but he paid it no mind for the time being, his gaze had been looking upon something else. It was when the creature purposefully made known their location in a more robust way he turned his gaze to watch as some debris fell from above. Gaze followed the path it had taken and his golden orbs locked on that of the leopardess.

"If you were trying for me, you missed." It was a joke, but perhaps one to set the mood.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:25 pm
Sio smiled and blinked at the stranger, slow enough to be a deliberate display of being non-threatening but not so slow as to imply trust. She didn't really think she was in any danger but one could never be too sure.

"That would have been a very sorry attempt indeed," Sio chuckled amiably. Then, "No, I only hoped to catch your attention. Though I don't know what to do with it now that I have it if I'm being honest."

And it was the truth. Sio knew she had wanted to engage the lion but she had no idea what for. To talk? About what? Regardless, she was happy with her decision. She lay contentedly on her branch, tail curled loosely around her paws, the tip twitching interestedly.

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:12 pm
Rennekae

Humming slightly he gave a nod of his head and flicked his tail as he watched from his position upon the ground. "Do you live in the area or are you passing through?" Sometimes there were those that lived in the area, but they never showed their face around the prides home area. It was possible she did live here and was so good at staying out of the prides way that none ever knew she existed, or she had just arrived in the area recently.

Either way it mattered not to him.

He believed that creatures should be treated how they treat other's. If she was rude to him, he'd be rude to her and so on and so forth. So far so good though. "I'm called Tahni."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:38 pm
Sio regarded the lion - Tahni - silently for a moment, and her ear twitched as she pondered. Concluding that he was highly unlikely to suddenly attack her, Sio decided the polite thing to do would be to bring herself down to the same level as him. The leopardess rose to her paws and lightly leapt from the tree, hardly making a sound as she landed.

"I am Siocled, but you can call me Sio," she responded, padding slowly forward. She extended her neck to sniff at Tahni curiously. After catching his scent, she sat back on her haunches and smiled. "I was born here, and have lived here my entire life. I've just kept to myself. What about you? Have you always lived here with the pride?"

It was then that Sio realized why she had wanted to make contact with this stranger. She was lonely. She had been content with her solitude up to now - and honestly didn't want to have someone around constantly - but she wanted the option of having company. Not enough to look for a colony, but enough to have a friend that she could chat with from time to time.

AstoriaFallen
This doesn't have to be a lasting relationship, but it would be cute for them to be border buddies when he's out patrolling.

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:03 pm
Watching as the leopardess removed herself from the tree he gave her room to move and took a seat not far away. "I have always been here. " like her he was a part of these lands and knew nothing else.

"Well, Sio, what made you wish to catch my eye? Hopefully it wasn't because some of my kin have been harassing creatures out here?" He doubted they had been but with all the things they'd been through lately it wouldn't be odd.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:04 pm
Sio nodded - his answer was what she had expected. From what she knew, most lions wouldn't see this thick jungle and think it a great place to call home. They seemed to prefer the mostly open savannah, and this pride was an exception to that rule. She figured most of them were born and raised here, just as she was, and felt as comfortable in the trees as they did on land.

Sio perked up at his questions. "Oh, no. Of course not. I doubt they even know I exist." In truth, the world as a whole - besides Tahni, now - was probably oblivious to her existence. She hadn't even seen her own family since she had reached adulthood and struck out on her own. For all they knew, she could be alive or dead. The leopardess' interaction with others had been limited to brief encounters while hunting and the like. No one ever actually spoke.

"I guess I just wanted a friendly conversation," she admitted. No sense in lying. "It's been longer than I can remember since I've had anyone to talk to."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

It was likely good that her existance was basically unknown, unless she wanted the company.

Giving her a small nod he was pleased to hear that none of his people had decided to make an embarassment of themsleves and their pride by acting out in odd ways. "Company is something great to have. I'm sorry to hear that you've gone so long without it."

It was true he never came out this way very often so he didn't want to make any promises he couldn't keep. To be honest though, there had been a band of cheetahs in their midst not long ago, providing aid to them after the storm. Perhaps visitors wouldn't be such a bad thing.

"If I'm ever out this way I'll be sure to look for you?"  
"To be honest, I've been perfectly content without it all this time," Sio responded thoughtfully. "It just crept up on me all of a sudden when I saw you. I guess you just seemed that friendly."

Sio winked to show she was only teasing Tahni. He really had seemed that friendly after all, otherwise she likely wouldn't have sought his attention.

Sio started at his offer - the leopardess was a little surprised, but pleasantly so, that Tahni wouldn't mind seeing her again.

"I would like that." Sio smiled warmly and stood to turn away, letting her new acquaintance resume his patrolling.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Iknimaya Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas