Welcome to Gaia! ::

✭ Nightmare Academy ✭

Back to Guilds

The guild for the B/C shop, Nightmare Academy! 

Tags: nightmare, breedables, academy, nightmare academy, roleplay 

Reply Roleplay
[HHRP] The House is Haunted [Glacier x Kaden] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:07 pm
It had been nothing more than a dare. A stupid dare, and a dare that Glacier had brought by their own idiocy, but a dare none the less.

The Bakeneko was standing outside of the Haunted House. It was supposedly a truly haunted place, or at least that was what it was being advertised as…but Glacier had also heard that it was no more than a tourist trap designed for the season…and honestly? They didn’t know which option they were more comfortable with.

At least there was someone here to go with. There was a gesit with very pretty white hair that was near the house as well and after a long moment of internal battle, Glacier made their way over to the geist, holding out a hand. “Um. Hey. Would you like to perhaps try to go inside with me? I…figured you had read the advertisements for this place too? Either that or you’re just…you know…into spooky things…”

Was that presumptuous to say?

Quietly he bakeneko sighed. “Uh…I’m Glacier. It’s nice to meet you.” Or at least, they hoped so. "If you're going in...would you like to go together?"

Kaefaux
Your character(s) decide to explore a supposedly haunted house together… but what happens when the door slams shut behind them and they’re now trapped?!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:41 pm

The advertisements were all over the place about this house. And many others just like it, supposedly haunted and open to be explored by the curious population. Some hosted tours with supposed mediums, while others were just random doors open for people to explore and experience on their own. This seemed to be among the latter category, Kaden noted as they approached the area's infamous Haunted House.

Their black and white eyes narrowed slightly towards the building as they considered the random little stories they'd heard about the place. Nothing super outlandish or spine-tingling. Just... an old, creepy house, supposedly haunted. Nothing to be afraid of, or nervous about.

Still, they weren't against a bit of company! When a bakeneko approached them, Kaden's features lightened and a smile moved across their face. Immediately the giest took their hand, more on reflex than anything else, though paused and continued the contact as the other explained their approach. "Oh! Well, both actually," they laughed, grinning anew and giving the other's hand an actual shake. "I'm Kaden, lovely to meet you, Glacier. I'd be happy to go in with you, sure! More the merrier, right? Especially if the stories are actually true about this one." They said this with a laugh, a joke and a wink. But there was always that bit of warning in the back of Kaden's mind that in a potential uh-oh situation, having more people around who could help--or get help--was ideal.

"So was it just the advertisements that got you here? Or bit of both yourself~?"

Orangeish Sherbert

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:36 am
Glacier relaxed at Kaden’s friendly manner and managed a grin that lasted more than a few seconds. “Oh, it’s not really that I…I mean.” The bakeneko looked almost embarrassed. “I made a bet with myself that I would do this. I’m not really…a fan of frightening things so, I suppose this is just me pushing myself past where I’m comfortable, but it makes me feel loads better to know that I won’t be doing it alone, so thank you so much, Kaden.”

Taking another look at the house, Glacier blew out a breath, their tail twitching slightly. “…If I scream, please don’t think too ill of me, all right? To be perfectly honest, I would think that I would almost rather just be called a coward by myself and turn and go home but…”

They gulped and took a few brave steps up the short flight of stairs that led to the front door of the place, and again, with mild trepidation, held their hand out for Kaden’s. “…Shall we?”

Kaefaux

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:22 am

A bet with themself? Kaden forced themself to not laugh or grin, though they were delighted by the fact Glacier was pushing themself to face such fears. Instead, Kaden gave only a small smile and nodded their head, white locks bouncing slightly. "In that case, I'm even more happy to accompany you. It's good to face your fears now and then. Safely, of course. Which having someone else along counts for, so~"

For the giest, the unknown was fascinating and amusing. At least, in situations like this. A haunted house? Would be cool, but Kaden suspected it was nothing more than kids having fun and playing pranks. Still fun, and highly enjoyable, but nothing to be freaked out about. Didn't diminish their respect to Glacier for facing their fears--just the opposite! Kaden hoped the experience turned out well and got the other to laugh and enjoy themself.

When the bakeneko extended their hand to Kaden, the giest grinned and took it, squeezing gently. "I promise, I won't judge anything except being super impressed you're doing this. It's really big to be facing your fears!" Giving another reassuring squeeze, Kaden stepped forward and up the stairs, willing to take the lead if needed to open the door to the 'haunted house.'

Orangeish Sherbert

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:19 am
Kaden’s hair bounced. For a moment, that was all that really registered in Glacier’s mind as the bakeneko watched the geist speaking and then Kaden actually put their hand into Glaciers and squeezed it and a thrill of sudden…excitement and a quiet reassurance that yes, this would be okay. Sure it might be a little frightening but…they weren’t alone and with what Kaden was saying, it seemed as though they weren’t afraid at all and so perhaps Glacier was being a bit silly.

“Perfect then…if you. I mean. If we.” Was it such a big thing to face their fears? It didn’t…feel like such a big thing and when Glacier placed a hand on the door, fully intending to take the ‘big step’ and be the one to go inside first, well.

Well there was a long moment of hesitation, and then the bakeneko took a deep breath and opened the door, tugging the two of them inside. “Well. Look! We did it.”

Thankfully the door was still open and light from the outside was pouring into the entryway, but even as Glacier looked around, the door began to swing shut, closing with a loud and definite clatter. The sound of what seemed to be a lock clicking soon followed, and Glacier swallowed hard, having fully intended to only go into the house…not to explore it.

“Ah…that…that didn’t sound so good, d-did it, Kaden?”

Kaefaux

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:05 pm

Ok so Kaden would have been big time lying if they said they weren't hoping something happened in there. But the blatant fact was they didn't expect anything to happen, except maybe overactive imaginations getting away with them. Still fun! But. Y'know.

Didn't stop them from being excited when Glacier reached forward and pushed open the door. The giest didn't press or urge, just waited with a smile on their lips till the bakeneko felt ready to make the move themself. Kaden only gave occasional squeezes to the other's hand, just silent little shows of support. But they let out a whoop of joy when Glacier did the deed and pulled them both in, laughing and bumping their shoulder against the other's. "Let the fun begin, huh~?"

Not that they had long for such potential fun to occur, they realized, as they'd barely had the time to begin to look around before the door behind them began to swing and... clattered shut. Kaden's eyes went wide momentarily, offering a small smile to Glacier in the gloom of the house and another reassuring squeeze before turning to the door. "Sure it's fine. No worries!" They tried to open the door and frowned, finding it... uh. Stuck? "Hm. Could be a prank. Or just the house being old. Wood could have swollen up a bit." Brow furrowing, Kaden tried to shove against the door, the bangs of their body hitting the wood echoing through the otherwise silent house. "Jeeze... well!" They turned back to Glacier with still a grin in place. No need to freak out... "There's other doors. We'll be fine!"

Orangeish Sherbert

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:20 am
Glacier felt like they were dying, beginning to shake as wave after wave of panic and fear washed over them. No, this was not fine. How could Kaden say that it was? This was the very definition of why it was stupid to take risks. Because bad things happened…and then you ended up trapped forever and then…and then what?

The hand held by the geist trembled and for one, long moment, Glacier honestly considered telling Kaden to go ahead. To go and find a way out and that they would just sit here by the door…where it had to be safe. Because…it…had to be safe by this door right? Even in the best of times, haunted houses didn’t really…start at the door…and perhaps if they lingered, someone else would come in and they could get out. Perhaps this was like being lost and you should just stay where you are.

Regardless, Glacier looked at Kaden with wide, frightened eyes. “…Are…” Their voice broke and they tried again. “…Are you sure…it’s a good idea to l-look for another door?” Glacier moved closer to the geist, a stranger still, but right now they were the only semblance of strength and kindness to be found. “Be…because I mean…what if this really is some…somewhere haunted and we end up dead? Maybe…someone else will come in and you…you and me can just get out the back door—I have read some awful things about this place, Kaden…” Glacier’s voice was growing more breathy and high pitched and they began to feel almost strangely lightheaded.

“I’m just…just not in the mind to die right now…”

Kaefaux

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:40 pm
Something has happened....

There's a faint scratching noise. Something from outside seems to be dragging their claws against the walls of the house, perhaps seeking to claw it's way in?

Orangeish Sherbert

Kaefaux

Nightmare Adira
Captain

Tipsy Regular

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:56 pm

Panic wasn't something Kaden was used to dealing with. It wasn't to say they were immune to it--no one with a perfectionist nature could be, in their eyes, when they paused to really consider it. But dealing with someone else's panic?

Their white eyes widened, purple free hand wavering somewhat towards the bakeneko. "I..." Were they really sure? Again they glanced around. A dusty old house, what bits of furniture remained covered in cloth caked in the stuff. Was a steady hunch enough to go on? Kaden took a deep breath, their face hardening as they pulled an old facade around them. Playing a part was... not new to them, though in this role it was one Kaden didn't mind taking on. "Glacier, we can't just sit and wait. That would give your head more time to twist every sound and every shadow into something it's not." They winced a little and their lips twisted into an apologetic smile. "We will be fine, it will be ok. There's always other doors in houses like this. And if not, I'll just figure out a way to break one down."

Glacier's insistence about the place being haunted had Kaden frowning, and they ran their free hand through their white hair, gripping the locks briefly. "I really don't think that's more than just stor--"

Before the words were out, cut off by the sound of... something clawing against the outside of the house. Kaden straightened, moving towards the door with a scowl on their face. Immediately their fist pounded against the door, still stuck in place. "Hey! Enough of the pranks! Let us out now."

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:45 pm
For a moment, it seemed as though Kaden’s words would be enough to shake Glacier out of the building panic, and the bakeneko had begun to nod, begun to breathe again when the clawing noise happened.

And then it was just over.

Everything was over.

Glacier let out a cry that seemed to come from the depths of their very soul and curled up on the ground, long tail wrapping around their drawn up knees. “We’re going to die, Kaden. We’re going to die and there’s nothing to be done about it…it was out there watching us. And now it has us where it wants us and we are just going to die and…

…And Glacier wasn’t ready to die…

Glacier had so much more left to do.

After a moment, the bakeneko got up and ran and the door with all the speed they could muster, fully intending to force it open. “I want out!”

It didn't matter what else was out there. That could be dealt with later. Right now, Glacier just wanted themself and Kayden out of here. Before whatever was inside here got them.

Kaefaux

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:41 pm

So close, and yet... so freaking far. Kaden's expression lightened slightly, or well began to, when they saw Glacier begin to nod, begin to ease slightly out of the panic attack. Got hopeful that they were maybe breaking through the mental fog. But the scratching ceased all that. Probably some kids running yard tools up and down against the paneling of the house. Or something. Something stupid. Something harmless. But something a mind could so, so easily twist into something horrific and deadly.

"We are not going to die, Glacier," Kaden repeated, voice stern even as the green and white shifting tendrils at their limbs began to flare bigger. Puffing up, making themself look more intimidating than the Giest really was. The white lines and dots along their flesh and white eyes, though, as those began to glow in their flaring temper, that perhaps might have been a bit more effective in the gloom of the house.

It was perhaps why Kaden was so biased and unafraid--if there was any 'ghost' to fear, surely, they thought, it would be them.

As Glacier bolted to their feet and slammed against the door, Kaden jerked back, startled by the massive crack that came from the door's hinges and bolts. Smaller creaks and cracks followed, till the door gave out, the slab of wood falling forward onto the front porch with a bang and clatter.

"Are you alright?" Immediately they went to the other, though their misty tendrils still swirled and puffed through the air, bright eyes looking every which way and that way. So, so sure they might find kids snickering and playing games.

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:40 pm
Glacier’s hands had flown up to their head and a low groan escaped the bakeneko as they rubbed the suddenly very sore spot. But…as a soft breeze touched their face, they sunk back down to the ground, trembling. “It’s open. We’re out…It might kill us. Whatever it is…b-but we’re out…”

There were spots popping in front of Glacier’s eyes and for a moment, they were sure they were going to pass out from smashing their head against the door but…

“It was worth it, Kaden…It hurts but…”

Yellow eyes searched around the area and dark blue ears were flat against Glacier’s head as they waited for…for something to happen. Because clearly either they were about to die or it was all going to be shown to be a prank and all of this was for nothing and…

“…Ow…”

Whatever was going to happen…at least it was over and Glacier could go home and…and maybe one day. “Kaden, if we don’t die in the next two minutes, maybe…we should go get food sometime, okay?”

Because that was how it was done.

Shuddering, Glacier’s eyes fluttered shut and they slumped slightly.

Kaefaux

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

viatorai
Crew

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:44 pm
Something has happened....

It's thick fog outside, now.

Perhaps knocking the door down when there were strange noises outside wasn't the best idea in most circumstances such as this. Not even a minute after the door landed on the ground, something very...very large shambles into view from the left of the porch.

And another, from the right.

And a third, from in front, though farther away from the other two coming in from the sides. There's a soft chuffing, the dragging of claws against the ground, and some strange, soft glow of sorts. It's likely that staying is dangerous...but how do you know these...things couldn't run you down if you tried to run for it?

Orangeish Sherbert

Kaefaux

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:59 pm

How had the fog moved in so fast? Kaden felt an icy tendril slick down their spine and they shivered as it radiated out along their shoulder blades. They were out, sure, but it wasn't kids that Kaden was seeing out and about. For the first moment outside the door, there was nothing.

They'd heard Glacier's soft voice, caught the movement of them rubbing at the likely sore spot on their head from the impact. "We'll get you some ice for that, ok?" Speaking as if everything was fine and ok made it that way, right? Kaden wanted painfully to believe that at this point. Though, their eyes went wide for a moment, doing a double-take at the Bakeneko. Go out for food..? Wait. Was it bold to think they were being asked out on a date..? "Um. Yes. Ok. Definitely. And we are going to survive this, we're not going to--"

Two things happened before Kaden could finish speaking: first, Glacier gave a visible shudder and seemed to slump slightly. Second, movement caught their eye off to the left of the porch, somewhat in front of Kaden where they lingered. Immediately their head turned towards the source, hands going to Glacier's shoulders. "Glacier... Glacier you have to get up," Kaden hissed. The sound of claws dragging came from behind them as well, and they glanced over their shoulder, noting the similar glow from that side of the porch as well. A third seemed to be coming in from the front.

Immediately Kaden cussed and slid their hands down beneath Glacier's armpits to hold tight to them, beginning to drag them back into the house. "Glacier, get up, get up!" Towards the creatures, the Giest began to hiss and flare their tendrils further, hoping their own glowing might be a useful tactic against... whatever they were.

Orangeish Sherbert

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:03 pm
Ah good. The bakeneko was little more than half conscious when he registered the words. They had a date with Kaden when this was all over…that made things quite a bit better and…and now there was nothing more than an almost pleasant, swirling fog in their vision.

…No…

That wasn’t fog in their vision…that was just simply fog. How interesting…

Soon even that was fading as Glacier slipped closer towards unconsciousness. But then an urgent voice and a tugging on their arms broke through to the bakeneko and after a moment, their head cleared. “What? What’s wrong…?” Glacier’s voice was thick and disorientated and for a moment, they couldn’t quite figure out what was going on…why was Kaden acting…so…

There were shadows. Big, hulking shadows coming for them both.

The bakeneko’s eyes dilated with fear again and they almost just slipped unconscious once more out of sheer fright. “No…oh no, you’re not taking me back in that house Kaden…not for anything I…you…you can float, can’t you? Can’t you float or something? Can’t geists do that?”

They forced himself to their feet, eyes darting around, looking for a good escape, all the fur on their body beginning to stand on end. “We aren’t going back in there…we’ll be cornered and they…whatever they are—we’ll be dead! For real…!”

Finally Glacier held out a hand for Kaden’s, and finally just grabbed it, holding it firmly. “We’re going to run. We’re going to get out of here…and live…l-live to see tomorrow.”

Brave words but…Glacier tensed to run, and just needed the gist to give them the edge…if they could drag Kayden while the geist was floating…they might have some sort of a chance.

…They just hoped they could make it before the fuzzy edges of darkenss at the edges of their vision closed in again.

…Breaking down the door had been the stupidest of stupid moves.

Kaefaux

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces