Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Wrong Side of Everything (Rune + W'tarl)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:07 pm
Honestly, Rune was nervous, though it didn't show on her bored face. Someone had heard about her fights, and now she was being seen...right after the Touching too. She knew that she'd messed up, that she wasn't supposed to be arguing with others this way. Nonetheless, it was the way it was. After all, she was an angry young woman. It had been about awhile a go that she'd lost everything except her twin brother, only to be adopted by a Goldrider and swept in to candidacy. It wasn't like her story was a secret. Rhys told everyone who asked with that same, calm, proud cadence. It was like he was destined for something far more than even Rune could dream of. If she was honest? She was expecting to watch him Impress this clutch, and to be left behind.

Going to meet with W'tarl was difficult, her fingers toying with a strip of wherhide that she had from their old home, playing over the leather to try and keep her cool composure that she was known for. Once she was where she'd been told to be, she knocked, her white-gold hair in a braid, gray eyes distant, "...W'tarl? Sir? I'm here."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:00 pm
One of their candidates - a serious contender, considering that she was vetted by their Junior Weyrwoman, some would say - had been getting into fights and it had been brought to W'tarl's attention that it needed intervention. Perhaps it had come to him because it wasn't so serious as to need Gr'del's attention. Perhaps it was being done as a favor. The most likely option had to do with a missing green in the clutch charts.

Rune didn't look present when she stepped into his office, and W'tarl could tell immediately she was trying to be somewhere else. Still, he gestured with a hand for her to enter. "Come in, Rune," he didn't have the cool edge his voice took when he was feeling particularly biting with his words, and if she'd been within eyeshot, his easily worried dragon was cool as a cucumber, sprawled out against her favored brown beau.

He waited for Rune to accept his invitation in before he pressed forward; "So what's going on?" It was to the point, but not judging.

-_Wish_of_Tevarae_-

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:29 am
demon_pachabel

Very slowly, she came in, looking around before settling herself near the entrance. She was ready to bolt, though she looked as though she were calm, her eyes moving over his face, trying to ascertain just what his intention was. Why was he....so calm? There was no ice, no judgement, just...calm. How strange. Part of her wondered if there was something more to this meeting than she realized, another wondering if her situation was....different. Letting out a shaking breath, she looked around one more time before she let her gaze turn back at him, "....People like to talk, and I'm not okay with it." Her swearing was dark, irritable. He wanted to know what was wrong? Fine, she'd tell SOMEONE, for the first time since all this had come about, aside from Fianth and Olliah, she'd tell someone.

"Lose everything, get dragged here by my brother, get adopted in all practicality, and now here I am. Stuck in the weyr, probably useless to the clutch, too hot headed for my own good. People who cross me usually get hit because I can't deal with their talking, or teasing. I don't like being pushed." It was simple, to her mind, anger at her situation making everything else an overreaction.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:36 pm
It seemed Rune had plenty on her mind worth pouring out at such a simple inquiry and W'tarl listened intently, his expression remaining almost mute. There was no judgement, but one who was looking for it may have found judgement in that alone. She had a lot of feelings, and he wouldn't fault her for that.

"You are not useless to a dragon if it is yours. However, you may find it needles at parts of you that you weren't ready to tame, Rune," W'tarl started simply - a statement, not an assessment. "But it is a wise judgement to be able to see oneself for what you are - many don't and more, rather than less, of those who have such strong emotional predicaments may find themselves dead," his expression remained mute even at such words. "I can tell you don't want some of those things for yourself, so where do you want to start? There are many who find waiting for a dragon to round out what they see are their own flaws, only to find it doesn't work that way. For some, they enhance what we find good about ourselves and leave us to handle the rest ourselves. If left in that position, what will you do?"

-_Wish_of_Tevarae_-

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:53 pm
That got her to shift, arms crossing below her breasts as she studied W'tarl. What did he mean? What parts of her would need taming for a DRAGON? They chose you for how you were, and what you COULD be. She? She knew who she was, was content with it. When asked how she would handle being left to handle the rest of her own nature, she couldn't help but scoff, drawing back in to her own shell again. She'd spilled a lot to him in that first go, he wouldn't get so much again, "...I'll figure it out. My eventual lifemate will choose me for how I am. I can make do. Did for my brother." Not enough to stay out of trouble here, but enough to protect him, and take on any IDIOT stupid enough to make disparaging remarks about them, or their circumstance. Shards and SHELLS, It wasn't like she was CRACKED or something, just that she knew what she had to do to protect what was hers! She was fierce in her defense...

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:10 pm
W'tarl leaned into his desk at Rune's insistence that she would 'figure it out'. "A green clutchsibling of my Altoth chose a young woman of free and irresponsible nature because they were kindred spirits. When two free and untamed personalities combine, what do you think happens?" he asked, waiting for an answer he quite clearly wasn't expecting her to give before he pushed back. "Strength is not bad, Rune. Anger is also not innately, bad. But you speak as though you will be ready to control yourself for a dragon, when you won't do it for yourself," she didn't have to like what he was saying, but it was still true. "I want you to succeed. I wouldn't have called you in if that wasn't the case."

-_Wish_of_Tevarae_-

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out