Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Which Anime / Manga Character Do You Identify With?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:58 am
Which Anime / Manga Character Do You Identify With?

Most of us like a large number of Manga and or Anime series. Many of us also cosplay one or more of the characters in our favorite series. I'm wondering what character or characters resemble you in real life the most and why.

For me one of them is the character that I Cosplay the most, Syaoran from the "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles" series. In real life I took every science class that they had in both middle school and high school. I can imagine myself being an apprentice archeologist just like Syaoran and going on adventures with my friends.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:13 pm
This is also a tough question...
I think I connect most with Ayano Tateyama from Kagerou Project and I've had
the chance to cosplay her a few times!
She's certainly the type of character that wants to put other's happiness before
her own and will always put on a smile, even if it is fake.
But she's still human, so she does experience all other emotions, and most
recently, there was a new song about her (Additional Memory) which is referred
to as "The Story of Regret" which is really interesting!! It's the first song since
Ayano's Theory of Happiness, that we've actually been able to see things from
her perspective! And it hurts!

SweatshirtNinja27

Lonely Phantom

17,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:22 pm
I kind of see myself in many characters.

Hanji from AOT because I'm a bit weird and people don't always understand me.

Mirajane from Fairy Tail because I sometimes fill like I'm the one who did everything wrong. I understand why she cries so much.

Tsunade from Naruto because I'm good at teaching.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:38 am
Back in what I call my Depression Era, I really identified with Asuka from Evangelion- the fierce independence, not needing anyone, focusing on accomplishments/achievements over friendships, thirsting over older men, swearing at people in German, and generally being an Überbitch most of the time sweatdrop

I grew out of most of that stuff though, now I try to be more like a cross of Usagi Tsukino, Senku Ishigami, and Alphonse Elric gaia_zurg  

Koetto

Original Gaian

9,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Guildmember 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:22 am
Wow. It's been a hot moment for me doing this.

I'm going to change my thoughts on who I'm like.

I'll have to say now:

Asirpa from Golden Kamuy: A person who always does what's right even if they don't have to and they know it's going to hurt.

Yuki from Sign of Affection: Wanting to be part of someone elses world when they are limited by the world.

Hanji Zoe from Attack on Titian: Being super smart and not being understood, but also pushing people to recognize their potenial, and getting excited by your niche.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:45 pm
I want to add Horimiya. The main characters remind me of my husband and me.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:09 pm
Koetto
Back in what I call my Depression Era, I really identified with Asuka from Evangelion- the fierce independence, not needing anyone, focusing on accomplishments/achievements over friendships, thirsting over older men, swearing at people in German, and generally being an Überbitch most of the time sweatdrop

I grew out of most of that stuff though, now I try to be more like a cross of Usagi Tsukino, Senku Ishigami, and Alphonse Elric gaia_zurg

Evangelion happens to be one of my favorite series. It's a dark and very telling tale of what's deep inside. I can relate to the characters doing whatever it takes to get things done.

I can also relate to Usagi. I also go out of my way to make friends with people who are cast aside. How can you not like her!! My wife is similar to Sailor Jupiter. She's tough, tall, an excellent cook, a Tomboy and has a kind heart.  
Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games