[MINI-EVENT] City Sights (Hemera + Panili + Tigwyn) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:41 pm
Tigwyn had been back for a few evenings now. Sufficiently cleaned up and with a new set of clothes, he was starting to re-emerge around the Settlement. However, his jovial nature had yet to return. He seemed hesitant in his unfamiliarity, a bit sheepish to ask about any modern goings-on.

It was only a matter of time before Panili pulled Hemera aside

“Hemera? I have an idea…” Panili hummed. “I don’t think it’d be too much at this point to take Tigwyn into the city. Would you like to take a tour through New Hemisect with me? It’ll be like a fun tourist trip! You’re knowledgeable, plus personable to boot. I think it’d be a huge help.” She clapped her hands together. “Would you like to?”

--

The plan was in motion!

Panili stepped tentatively out of the scuttlebuggy, gesturing for Tigwyn to follow. The night sky was blurred out by bright city lights, with Tigwyn finding himself similarly awash with the senses of the city. He seemed a bit tense, but at least curious. Panili breathed a sigh of relief.

“Where to?”

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:04 pm
Of course Hemera would help! It came as second nature, and Mera would always set time aside for Panili. She especially felt some concern for Tigwyn's situation. He had to have been on his own for sweeps, and had little time to reintegrate with society. His attitude only made sense. It was one thing to bounce back after crashing back onto the planet; there was still a connection between trolls to help ease in. But to be isolated like that? She couldn't even imagine.

Mera joined the fray, and looked around their point of entry. She knew the city pretty well, first there for sewing assistance then to learn how to sew herself. Then on, there was the fashion scene she could never quite get away from, as well as many other points of interest. Perhaps she would get to share some of them with Tigwyn and Panili...

"Well, we have plenty of options. There are the parks, museums, shopping districts, fashion district, the largest in-city farmer's market on the planet... Is there anywhere particular you would like to head towards, Mr. Ioyana?" She could easily play tour guide on the way to wherever. There were always plenty of sights, and fun long ways to get around the seedier parts of the city.

Sypon

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:19 pm
“Mm.” Tigwyn scratched his head, overwhelmed by all of the options. Panili seemed a bit pensive at first, then after a tense moment the helmsman seemed to settle on something.

“What’ch-got museum-wise, eh?” He asked, stuffing his hands into his pockets. There was plenty of greenery at the Lightseeker’s encampment, but being fully entrenched in Alternian culture was a bit out of the way for the space crew at the moment.

Perhaps for the best. Panili bit her lip and looked to see where Hemera would take them, trusting her friend’s guidance.

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:16 pm
Museums! An excellent selection. And still rather varied. "Well, there are a couple of art museums and galleries, a fashion museum, a museum for technological advancements, a military museum, a Regina Marian museum, an aquarium," she counted off her fingers like an index, "and some educational museums, though those are targeted more towards children. For things such as wildlife and planet science. Of course they have their worth, but it can be...a bit loud and hectic."

Since Tigwyn struggled before, she took a moment to consider presenting a selection of suggestions. Perhaps that would help some? "I think for this time of night, an art gallery or the aquarium would be the most calm. Of course, you have final say and if either of those don't interest you, that's perfectly fine."

Sypon

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:27 pm
"Les'do.... The military museum." Tigwyn decided after a short pause. "Yeh, that'll work. 'Says you, little 'Nili?"

The aforementioned small troll stifled a laugh. "I think that sounds... Well, maybe not my cup of tea, but interesting enough! Whatever you want to do."

She clapped her hands together and looked up at Hemera. "I've never been to the military museum in New Hemisect City! You'll have to lead the way! Is it close?"

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:49 am
"It isn't tea at all, more like slightly-hard root beer, but it's definitely good to try something else just for the sake of knowledge," Hemera noted. God knew she put up with Leeroi's televised ALG matches jusr to know what in the world was going on with that, even though watching just reinforced what she already thought.

"The museum isn't terribly far, though." Fortunately not one of the landmarks that took a couple of buses to get there in a decent amount of time. Hemera wasn't sure if Tigwyn was exactly ready for public transportation yet, especially in the touristy areas.

Still something of a walk, though. But everything was like that in the cities, if, again, you were going by foot.

Mera took point easy enough, and was mindful about alerting when they were going to turn corners or cross streets. Sometimes she had idle commentary for streets and stops she recognized. Otherwise her priorities were to keep on track and make sure no one got separated.

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:58 am
Tigwyn guffawed (an actual, honest to goodness guffaw). His hands drew out of his pockets, shoulders loosening. Panili looked over at her companions and visibly brightened as Tigwyn shook a finger at Hemera.

"Slightly-hard root beer is more m' speed, methinks," he winked at Hemera and gave Panili a pat on the shoulder before starting off with the rest.

The walk was pleasant, Panili asking questions and looking between the two older trolls - obviously gauging their enjoyment. Her butterflies were settling, and as they wandered the streets even Tigwyn's posture and lanky lope seemed to become more acquainted with each crack in the sidewalk, drone to sidestep.

"Architecture's a bit different, ye?" Tigwyn commented, pointing up at hivestems and towering structures above squat buildings. "Got the squish I'm used to, less spires though. 'Gina hasn't stamped herself all over this 'smuch as our Queenie. How old's this place? Is Old Hemisect City still 'round?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:18 am
Mera hadn't expected the laugh, but it wasn't mean, so she took it as a good thing. (But really what had been so funny she was just trying to maturely play along with a turn of phrase and)

Anyway.

The tealblood continued to settle into her role like it was second nature, not skipping a beat or falling behind in any capacity.

She only hesitated at Tigwyn's question. Hemera glanced at Panili real quick, her small smile at the term 'squish' fading a bit. Hmm. She had no way to gauge if there was any personal connection to Old Hemisect, so it was hard for her to tell how much the news would matter.

But, bygones... Had gone by. "Old Hemisect is unfortunately no longer. Civisect City is now where it used to be. I..suppose it makes it awkward to have a New Hemisect when there isn't an old one anymore to compare it to..." But from what she understood, OHC hadn't been much of a city anymore before it was destroyed anyway. Mera could only wonder if it had still been in good shape when the space crew were last on the planet.

"What was it like back before our current queen, if I may ask?"

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:59 am
"Mm." Was all the Helmsman managed. Staring straight ahead, not revealing anything but a sigh as he exhaled. His throat dipped in a swallow, humming in thought.

Panili bit her lip as she looked up at Tigwyn. He seemed to take pause for a moment, looking to the side as though someone or something might hear him and cull him on sight. Then he shrugged.

"'Course. I ain't seen much of this place now, but -- seems a little looser if I'm honest, ye?" He gestured to a redblood resting on the sidewalk, almost dozing off. "Ain't friendlier, but in my day bein' out and about durin' nighttime as a rusty kiddo was a culling roulette."

He shook his head. Panili swallowed a lump in her throat, her little hands balling into fists. "Soon as y' popped outta the ground y' were headed fer space, ye. Cities were crowded so gettin' rid of..." He flickered his gaze to Panili, "Undesirables... Pretty common, eh. Keepin' the population loyal, 'guess. Anyhoo, seems like y'all get time to breathe now that Condy's fleet's all gone. 'Till it comes back."

"Right! At least... As dire as the situation was in the past, we have a window of opportunity to really make a change. Anyway...!" Panili clapped her hands together, excitable now that (thank the stars) they had arrived at their destination. The structure towered in front of them, as gaudy and Reginian as a military museum could be. "Is this it?" She asked, somewhat obviously.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:42 pm
Hemera nodded at Panili's question about their location, though absently. Her thinkpan felt very full yet hollow at the exact same time.

"Entry fee is an optional donation," she said after a moment. But they were less likely to deal with any pointed suggestions about how much they should contribute to show their unyielding support to progress if they flashed some military identification.

"There will be a few wings centered around an atrium with a statue of the queen in the center of it, plus a second floor. The lower wings primarily have walk-through exhibits about the development of the military itself. Projected films and recreations with mood lighting, that sort of thing." Ways to psyche children up about potential enrollment with as few distractions as possible. "The upper floor has more items on display and more...windows."

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:19 pm
Panili had a sinking sensation. Perhaps they would fare better in the more modern installments of the museum? While Tigwyn didn't seem... Too bothered by shoring up the past, he was one of the few adult survivors of the era. Would seeing relics be a nostalgic walk through time, or a reminder of trauma?

Tigwyn grinned, wry and grim. "Suppose I am drawn to windows," he remarked. Panili's hand met her face.

"Shall we head upstairs?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:11 pm
"...Ah." She set herself up for that one too without realizing. Embarrassing, but no window trauma to be seen in Tigwyn. Apparently? The helmsman continued to prove himself to be bouncing back very well in such a short span of time. Impressive, even in a society where adapting to basically every curveball was the norm.

"I suppose we shall." And hopefully nothing else that could lead to her saying something stupid. Most of that was probably in the lower exhibits, with the psionic pshowcase (Test Your Abilities Here) and the like. Ugh.

"A lot of the fare will be weapons," she shrugged, figuring Panili might as well know ahead of time. "But there are also medals, war hero memorobalia, blueprints. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the future, your crew is asked for contributions or interviews." The wreck of their ship would be fitting in a place like this, but she guessed parts would have been taken for military study. Not really her business either way.

Collections included those of notable orphaners, helmsmen, and officers of rank. Mera had not seen anything of the military guests at Awassi's party before and didn't expect to see anything in their honor now.

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:44 pm
The two perused, with Panili looking rather squeamish at classic Alternian propaganda. Tigwyn, on the other hand, seemed amused - interested in names, trying to place faces, looking to and fro between old documents that may reveal something familiar.

"We've been off the radar for so long I'd be surprised if that was th' case. Plus, not sure if 'Gina wants us to provide accolades or even acknowledge th' ol' Queen." he mused, staring into a glass case that contained a jewel encrusted harpoon gun. The occasional comment was made, but for the most part Tigwyn absorbed everything around him.

"Oh, this is interesting."

At Tigwyn's remark, Panili scooted closer. The psionic had his fingers spread against the bar in front of a standing display: what appeared to be a high-tech, claustrophobic looking diver's suit with custom molded metal clasps to fully enclose the head and horns. He was grinning ear to ear. "Haven't seen one of these in sweeps. Label's wrong, though. This, ladies, is a sensory overload suit for some poor ********' helmsman. Tech kingpins experimented with this baby for a coupla sweeps to see if us space batteries could be double-juiced in a pinch. Long story short: Didn't work. I bet if I checked the ID tags I could tell which sap fried their brains out in there. Horns look familiar."

He leaned forward over the security bar - aching to see, a fiendish look on his face.

"Tigwyn --" Panili started. She appeared a bit panicked, both by his eagerness to get close to the artifact as well as its disturbing history. She clutched Hemera's sleeve, trying to communicate something that she couldn't articulate.

Fortunately (perhaps), a tealblooded guard swaggered over to the trio. "Stay back, there, friends", they barked - looking up and down at both Panili and Tigwyn. Their snifenode wrinkled. "Hands off museum property."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:58 pm
Oh. No. Tigwyn leaped past procedure, regulation, rules. No no no no no. Hadn't he ever been to a museum before? For a second, she could almost see Leeroi in is shoes.

Panili clung to her, crying out. Mera didn't have time to add her own voice before security came along. She let out an internal groan. Fantastic. Meanwhile her gaze sharpened at the guard's pointed attitude to the lowbloods. Not a surprise by any means. That was how the system worked. And yet trolls wondered why lowbloods became criminals more often than any other caste, if they were treated like such.

But Hemera couldn't get on her high horse here. Tigwyn was in the wrong, and she probably should try to do something about it without throwing her ID around to start with.

"Of course. Apologies," she conceded to the guard. "Our veteran friend here is just very excited about this particular subject... Ioyana, please... I'm sure we can get an archivist to look at those tags for you... Someone with clearance and proper handling equipment..."

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:33 pm
Tigwyn immediately pulled back and rolled his eyes. He was in no position to pull rank, but after having been granted honorable retirement and then granted accidentally government issued head trauma he was a man of few shits.

"She's right, yeh. And -- no need, 'Mera, I know where I've seen those horns anyway. That property is Helmstroll Mourja's, and it's her tomb. Helmstroll Tigwyn Ioyana, Culling Class 53BW, Cutting Spite and the Flagship of Her Highness. Step down and show some respect, citizen."

The helmsman's drawl made the order more of a taunt than anything, but for a moment the tealblood seemed shaken. They looked to Hemera and adjusted their belt, unsure for a moment and then smug. At least the situation seemed to dissolve.

"I see." They coughed, a gravelly, wet sort of thing. "You takin' this codger for a nighttime field trip, ma'am? It's good to stimulate the thinkpan." He made a loopy gesture around his spongeclot with a finger. Panili rolled her eyes, but held herself back. Hemera could easily handle this chump.  
Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff