Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:47 pm
With Valac calling dibs and he having four cheerleaders, Ruin believed this fight was soon over and adding a fifth wouldn't change that.

So, Ruin would fall back and to Irene. "How's it going, pipsqueak?"

Double move, to beside Irene  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:04 pm
36/71 hit points; +1 damage due to 2-handed longsword; Shield dropped in K17, -2 to AC and Reflex

MOVE ACTION

Revenge moves up to the fallen Roper.

Quote:
Revenge moves to F19

FREE ACTION

Quote:
Sword reverts to regular damage.

STANDARD ACTION

"I will not steal this victory from Valac; but Sehanine judging the evil in this monster's heart is a different matter altogether!" Revenge would say, hoisting his blade with both hands over his head. It would become ethereal like silvery moonlight before he would slash the blade down before him. It would pass through the creature before returning to steel once more, but the flash of light would bolster nearby allies instead as Sehanine passed judgement on the monster.

Quote:
Virtuous Lovestrike. 30 vs AC. 0 damage, and Valac and Ilikan both receive 5 temporary hit points instead. Revenge has +2 to saving throws until the start of his next turn.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:42 pm
The roper continued focusing on the barbarian, lashing out furiously at Valac- and as he wedged his blade in to hold himself out of its maw, Illikan leaned and brought the hammer around- not terribly hard, but right in the dead center of it's giant eye, halting the attempt to chomp on the barbarian- who quickly followed up on it.

[Reaction: Warden's Fury]
[27 vs AC, 9 damage, Roper grants CA to allies until end of Illikan's next turn]

Illikan watched as Valac swung his sword like a driver, flipping the roper right off the ground and sending it tumbling. It was a big opening- but it wasn't his kill. So instead, the warden planted a foot on the base of a tentacle, the primal energy thrumming off him once more as he looked over to the buff tiefling.

"Your kill."

[Mark adjacent enemies.]
[Aid Attack: Valac has +2 to his next attack against the roper, before end of Illikan's next turn.]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:14 pm
[Forgot to add in my feats/equipment last time.]

[Move to H21]
[19 to hit vs reflex for 0 damage, it gets a -2 to all defenses.
Next to hit it heals 9hp]

Kuori saunters up, "Fine. Just don't die." She stands next to it in case she needs to help.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:38 pm
Gate Keepers
User Image

(Squares filled entirely by stone are blocking terrain, otherwise stones taking up roughly half a square provide partial cover, and stones smaller then that are difficult terrain to move over)

Initiative Order
Ruin HP: 34/65, +2 shield bonus to AC and Reflex 11THP, 11 cold damage at start of turn to adjacent enemies
Revenge HP:36/71, +2 to saving throws
Ilikan HP:63/83. 5THP
Kuori HP: 36/59,
Roper: Bloodied, marked by Ilikan, granting CA
Valac: HP: 15/75, Grappled Bloodied
Irene:

As Ruin moves back over to Irene he sees her buried waist deep into the carcass of the dead roper. Her muffled giggles could be heard echoing from inside along with scraping sounds. She seemed surprised to suddenly hear the Tielfings voice and would withdraw from the roper, covered in blood. Wiping her face with her sleeve covered hand she would respond. "Oh, I'm doing fine. Is the fight already over? You know, this guy has some gold coins in his belly!"

After being smacked in the eye the Roper struggles back to its feet and in a desperate fury strikes out at Valac with both his tentacles. He manages to strike him only once though (19 damage). In one last final attempt (action point) he lashes out with his other tentacle again but Valac is able to fend it off.

((Valac up, Ilikan take you opportunity action, and I will upload the right map later. ))  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:09 pm

Breaking free of the roper once more Valac moved to give himself some breathing room for a moment. The encouragement from his party and being on the ropes Valac transformed with a scream in Abyssal as his horns grew and his muscles swelled in size.

His eyes full of hatred and malice Valac raised his blade, it now sheathed in black flames. Valac turned his blade forward and charged forward using it like a spear he plunged it deep into the Roper's Maw with even more Abyssal screams of rage.

Inspired by his previous violence Valac twisted his core ripping the blade free though the Roper's jowls followed by even more screams of abyssal rage.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:22 pm
With his damaged mouth the roper can't even let out a scream as it falls over dead! Silence once again returns to the caverns.

END OF COMBAT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:11 pm
"Was there any doubt?" Ruin would ask, after looking back at the Roper's last moment. "How many coins are we talking here?" Kneeling at the downed roper, he would cut a tentacle off of the roper and it's blood to his lips to taste.

(Taking the +4Heals offer, and raising it one Healing surge for a total hp of 54 )  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:58 pm
Groans as she relaxes. "Fuuuuck. It hasn't even been an hour and I'm already beat." She will herd the injured towards the battle standard. "Get over here if you don't want to die on the next hundred foot walk." She will wait on the tieflings to gather, as the human seemed fine enough, but if he joined, she wouldn't object. "I think we can press on if people get healed up, but I've only got one more of those left in me today."

Valac can spend surge to heal Surge+15
Revenge can spend surge to heal Surge+15
FOR EVERY PERSON THAT USES A HEALING SURGE, ALL CHARACTERS IN THE ZONE GAIN 4HP (battle standard+feat+armor)

I.e. because Kuori is spending a surge via short rest, everyone gains 4 HP, which puts her at 54/59

Ruin HP: 38/65
Revenge HP:40/71
Ilikan HP:67/83
Kuori HP: 54/59
Valac: HP: 19/75  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:55 pm
The Paladin would ready his sword once more just in case, though after a few moments, the adrenaline would fade and he would let out a long exhale.

"Hold on, I just need to get my shield before someone trips on it. Though if they did, at least it would have accomplished something..." Revenge would mutter, lowering his weapon. He would look around before finally spotting it, swinging by to grab it and tuck it under his arm before joining Kuori near the standard.

Holding his blade before him, he would concentrate as frost would begin to crystalize on it. Swinging it downward, the crystalized roper blood would flick off like a tiny snowstorm before the blade would return to normal, clean. Sheathing it in the scabbard, he would begin to tend to his wounds. "That is a handy standard, Kuori. Is that one of the items you had Fumiyo fetch for you?"

When/if Valac joined them, Revenge would say to him, "I'm glad you're on our side."

Revenge would allow himself to be healed by Kuori (I'm not sure if that's a Healing Word after a short rest or not), regaining surge value (17) + 15 + 4 = 36 hit points for 1 healing surge, putting him to full. Per Kuori's Standard, everyone else also regains 4 hit points in the area.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:29 am
Valac held on to his rage for a moment lavishing in his victory through brutality, tearing the corpse of the roper asunder bathing himself in gore.

With the battle finally over Valac sunk into the corpse of the roper, leaning into it like a giant bean bag. Catching his breath his swollen muscles shrunk back down and his elongated horns retracted.

Once he had caught his breath Valac swung himself back to his feet and swaggered on over to the call for healing still covered in gore.

"Things've just been getting better for you ever since I turned up! Ha ha!" Valac replied to Revenge, giving Revenge a heart slap on the back leaving a bloody print.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:28 pm
She nods, "Yeah, I left all of my old stuff behind magic wise. Found most of this in the hoard." She motions to the armor, the morningstar, and the standard.

Ruin HP: 42/65
Revenge HP:71/71
Ilikan HP:71/83
Kuori HP: 58/59
Valac: HP: 23/75  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:38 pm
"I suppose that's one way of - OOF - of looking at it," Revenge would respond to Valac, wincing as he got a back slap. "Yeah, I kind of deserved it. You seemed a little preoccupied for me to interrupt your rampage, but I also didn't want you to think it was an enemy standing behind y-"

"..."

"Wait, did you get blood on my back??" he'd ask as soon as he spotted Valac's hand. He would try to look over his shoulder, then trying to reach back to feel, the plate mail not allowing him the range of motion to accomplish either task. "Oh come on. There better not be a handprint there." His tail would whoosh over the ground in annoyance as he tried for a good minute to try and find a print.  
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:11 pm
Bluff: 19

"Valac didn't put a paw print on your back, Revenge." Ruin would lie, before wondering how to add 'Slap me' or 'I was here' under the blood print.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:11 pm
About the coins Irene would respond. "Maybe about a hundred or so? I honestly didn't look that close as it wasn't a concern of mine. I'm betting the others must have stuff in their stomachs too though."

Upon seeing Ruin cut off a tentacle and lick it's blood she would get a bit of an excited look in her eyes. "Oh? I didn't know you were into that kind of thing. What does it taste like to you?"  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games