[VIKING-PRP] Certainly not a lion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:07 pm
Aldan had returned late to the group after he had disappeared into the Pridelands. Ayanga didn't question him then, but she would when they woke up to find breakfast.

"Spill it." She started when the two headed out on a hunt. "What happened in the lands?"

The winged male just laughed. "Nothing happened. I just...met a lioness. She was god blood too, so it made for an interesting time. No headaches, and you know how much I love not having those headaches." Aldan chuckled.

He tried changing the subject however. "What do you think everyone will want? I know I'm not the best hunter, and neither are you, so...maybe something easy. We should have gotten the god to come along. Surely he would have been better." Aldan suggested.

"Stop trying to change the subject!" Aya laughed. "Fine. We will talk about this later." She hummed at the thought of who to hunt. "I feel like the god can eat more...but they are like...immortal right?" The lighter female asked with a shrug, causing Aldan to return the gesture.

"Eh, whatever we find will be good."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:24 pm
KasaiLoki

Dundrasil heard whispers on the wind that there were lions in big groups, prides, that kidnapped others for... whatever nefarious thing they wanted them for. It was not up to Dundrasil to try and understand them for what they did: it was simply his job to find his friends and family, and get them home. He may have had a small group, not big enough to call a pride or a coalition or a colony, but it was his home. They were his home.

He needed them back, and would do anything to ensure it.

He spotted two lions nearby, crouching down but knowing he was too out in the open to really hide at this point. He'd been too lost in thought, and now he was stuck. His ears curled back and he let his tail coil around his legs as he crouched down, every muscle tightening in case he had to run away or fight. Going backwards would be no help to him, so if he had to fight his way forward, he would.

These two lions, however, seemed to be on the small side. Of course, he was still small, as a cheetah, but they were definitely not full grown. He heard lions could be monstrously big, and he did not doubt that the ones who took his friends would had to have been so. To defeat the elders? They had to be impossibly large and strong.

"Hail!" he called, daring to announce himself if only to keep them from getting too close.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:44 pm
Lithiasaur

Both the lions stopped suddenly at the other's abrupt announcement.

"Hail?" Aya asked with a quirked eyebrow. "What does 'hail' mean?" She asked, glancing towards Aldan.

"I've never heard it before...I haven't seen feline like him before either...." He spoke quietly, though Dundrasil was sure to have heard it by how close they were to him. "Er...Excuse me," was it even a sir? The voice sounded...masculine? Aldan was not about to look to verify however.

Ayanga laughed at Aldan's politeness. "Aldan, it is lion's like you that are starting to give the Stormborn the bad rap. Excuse me? Come on that's not a greeting!" The paler of the lions turned towards the cheetah with a smirk on her maw. "It's a good day to die." Now THAT was a traditional Stormborn greeting. Probably not the best to a rogue and not of the Myrsky Syntynyt.

Aldan couldn't help but roll his eyes. "What are you?" He finally spit out, glancing towards the cheetah.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:31 pm
KasaiLoki

Dundrasil frowned at them thoughtfully, the question catching him off guard. He swished his tail behind him, straightening up just a bit. They had not attacked him, yet anyway, and he was not about to attack adolescent creatures, even if they were possibly evil lions.

The young still had time to learn, right?

The female came closer, though, and said something that startled him. He leaped back a bit, growling and hunching down, baring his teeth as his fur bristled.

"I have no intention of dying today! Thou must be one of the same that stole away my family!"

He had no proof of that, and had no idea that the phrase was actually meant to be a friendly one. He was not part of a fighting-oriented home, after all, and he had no idea that there were creatures out there that welcomed death if it was honorable.

"I am Dundrasil! My ilk and I are Cheetah, and I will have them back!"

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:47 pm
Lithiasaur

"Good going Aya," Aldan muttered, both eyebrows shooting up at the quick statement of the other. "We do not intend to kill you. That is just a saying from our land. It is one that is similar to...good day?" The young demigod explained. "Though I don't know what 'thou' means, but it sounds like us and umm...I can assure you we did not steal your family."

Aldan was a passive creature. He likely would never take a thrall unless under extreme circumstances. The same could not be said for his traveling companion.

"Tell all the storm born secrets Aldan." Ayanga, once again, found herself muttering rolling her eyes. "He's right. It is not a real saying we will kill you, so calm yourself cheetah." She meant to say it as an insult, however the emphasis did not quite portray it correctly.

"I am Ayanga, this is Aldan. We won't hurt you if you don't hurt us. Deal?" She wasn't sure how much damage this strange creature could do, but they would have to be careful, just in case.

"You use weird words." Aldan mused. "ilk? What is ilk? and where is your family?"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:48 pm
KasaiLoki

Dundrasil frowned, tilting his head, trying to decide if he believed them or not. He was still very young himself, really, and lacked a lot of the worldly experience of the elders in his clan. He was sort of thrown in the deep end, with this quest, without knowing how to swim very well to start. But he was doing his best.

The green cheetah felt the young male was a little easier to understand than the female, but only because he did not know what storm born meant. Everything she said, in fact, sounded pretty evil and probably a lot like what evil, murderous, thief lions would say.

Probably?

"Forgive me. I am... unsure... of myself in these lands. I am far from home, in search of my lost family and friends. I do not wish to hurt anyone, but wicked creatures stole my kin away in the night. I... I find your tongue strange, as well. Thou art... unlike any that lived in our clan. What is... storm born?"

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:13 pm
Lithiasaur

Ayanga rolled her eyes, but ultimately decided to let her male companion take the lead in talk. Unless he said anything that was more of a need to know basis, she would remain quiet. Probably? ....Maybe?

"Don't worry," Aldan said quietly. "We aren't from around these lands either. Ours are further from here as well. We are a traveling group from a land called the Myrsky Syntynyt." His next statement would answer Dundrasil's question regarding the storm born. "We consider ourselves lions born of the storm, and pay respect to the storm gods of thunder and lightning," amongst others, though saying the patron War or Warriors was likely a bad idea.

Ayanga had shifted on her feet as Aldan spoke. She no longer could keep quiet. "Don't go around telling others you met the Stormborn though." She threatened quietly. How would their captain take that news? She would need to have some words with Aldan in private after this.

"When was the last time you saw your family?" Aldan asked.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:07 pm
KasaiLoki

"I have no one to tell," Dundrasil said vaguely, though it came out more depressed than he really intended. It was true, at the moment, he was very much alone and on the search for his friends. But he was determined to find them, and thus confident that he would not be alone for much longer.

The hope in his heart was strong, at least, even if he had very little to prove it justified.

It was just a light he carried inside him.

"Your pride sounds curious, but I have not heard of them before. To be sure, I have not left my home before, which follows.Ah... I have not seen them for a fortnight at least, though I was injured and I lost track of what time may have passed then. I fear they may have been taken far, by now."

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:43 am
Lithiasaur

Aldan's eyebrow quirked while Ayanga rolled her eyes at the cheetah's tone. "Alright then," the male said quietly before glancing at Ayanga. They probably should start heading back. They had much more to travel before they headed home.

"Fortnight?" Ayanga asked. Aldan shrugged his shoulders. "Good. It's best to not go around saying you have heard of it. I mean, it's one thing if a lion says it but your kind..."

Aldan stared at the female. Both had never seen a cheetah before. Not even in the pride. Would his species even be welcomes, or was it an automatic thrall thing if one wanted to join. He'd have to ask their captain, or his own father when he returned.

"Well...I hope you find them soon," Aldan said softly. Ayanga just nodded, turning away from the other feline.

"Come on Aldan, let's go back. Later~" the blunt female stated, heading off.

"Goodbye," Aldan said as well, bowing his head to the other before following his friend out.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:21 am
KasaiLoki

Dundrasil tilted his head in wonder. He supposed he could understand not wanting one's home land to be spoken about, as bad things could happen to it. That was what happened to his little colony, after all, though he was still unsure why anyone would want to harm such a small, out of the way community as theirs. These two seemed to be from some place much bigger, and were proud of that, so the ideas were a little at odds.

Still, if they requested he not speak about them, then he would certainly abide by their wishes. That was just polite.

"I see... so your home land do not have cheetah among their ranks? That is a shame, but I understand the separation. From what I have seen of your kind, you hunt differently to us." Not to mention how slow they were. How did they ever manage to catch anything?

But he knew for a fact that they could, and that they were deadly. Underestimating them was not something he would do.

"Farewell, take care of thyselves and each other." He watched the duo walk off, curious but not about to follow them after the warnings he'd gotten. He turned to walk the opposite way, and continue his quest.

(fin!)

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas