Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Clarke Family ~ Denied *See Note*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shadow_the_kit

Cluttered Phantom

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:52 am
Hello!

I am sorry to say that your characters, Eiji Clarke, Mashiro Niizuma-Clarke, and Gethin Clarke, must be denied for the following reason:

Unfortunately, due to some issues in the past with troublesome members, we've had to impose some limits on what members are allowed to do right off the bat. Once you've established yourself in the guild as a responsible roleplayer, you'll find that you have much more freedom with your characters. But, until you've been around long enough for us to know you can be trusted with out there or unusual characters, we'll probably deny anything that seems too over the top: - Characters who are strongly based on another character existing in fiction (aka the 'I just really wanted to play Frodo Baggins but as a Hogwarts student' character).

This can be found in the Information for New Members thread in the third post under Restrictions for New Members. As stated, we cannot allow new members to make characters based off of another source due to the fact that we don't know whether you loosely based it off of another character or whether you just made a copycat character. We only allow members who have been in the guild a while to do so when we know that the member would not copy a character in its entirety. As such, we must deny your student and request that you create an original character to play. ~ Dia

The Clarke Family

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Fortitudo Supra Oppressio"
Valor over Force

CURRENT FAMILY MEMBERS
William Clarke - Patriarch, NPC (Pure-blood)
---❤ Sana Niizuma-Clarke - Matriarch, NPC (Muggle-born)
-------↪Eiji Clarke - Eldest Son (Half-blood) {played by: shadow_the_kit}
-------◈Mashiro Niizuma-Clarke - Second Son (Muggle-born) {played by: Dragon Master Harper}

Gethin Clarke - Younger brother to Patriarch (Pure-blood) {played by: shadow_the_kit}

❤ = Married
✖ = Divorced
↪ = Offspring
◈ = Adopted
Name = Deceased

UPDATES
UPDATED (Date of last update): 10/10 All changes made

ACCEPTED BY (Do not touch this): Essy [10/25/18]
RECENT UPDATES ACCEPTED BY (Do not touch this):
CHARACTERS ACCEPTED (Do not touch this):
Eiji [10/25/18] Mashiro [10/25/18] Gethin [10/25/18]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:02 am

Hi, my name is Eiji Clarke

But I mostly go by Eiji

I'm a male

I'm 12 years old.

My birthday is November 3rd 2030

My dream job is to become a Mangaka

My blood status is half-blood

The school I'm at is Hogwarts. 

I'm a member of Hufflepuff house.

I'm interested in males

I'm currently with no one

People can describe me as
-Loud and very active: I have been told I don't know how to be quite. I am constantly running around or blasting music at incredibly high decibels. Even when reading, writing and drawing; I am fidgety or make sound effects to match my art or words (either read or wrote).
-Surprisingly respectful/protective (to those I like): I can be very respectful once I like or admire someone. I will be quick to anger and defense if I believe someone I like/respect is being bulled, bath-mouthed or hurt. That is where my prankster side really comes out. I also tend to prank those I think take advantage of their position and those that use their position to bully others.
-Quarrelsome: I tend to be very argumentative with people by questioning their action, knowledge and behavior. I can be prompted to argue over the smallest and sometimes silliest things, especially when my more impulsive acts (ie pranks) are thwarted or criticized.
-Modest: I am very modest and know I have a lot to learn both about the world in general and in my chosen career. I know the limits of my skill and am always willing to learn.
-Messy: I am extremely messy in general. I have been told I have horrible table manners. I tend to strew things about and can get very angry if people move my things. My mess is organized chaos to me.

My background story is
I was born on Nov. 3rd to Sana Niizuma-Clarke and William Clarke. My mother, Sana a Japanese muggle-born, feel in love with my father, William a Welsh Pure-blood, while he was on business in Japan. They married in Japan and moved back to Wales shortly after. I was raised in a small cottage in the Welsh country side.

We owned a small farm surrounding our cottage. We are quite self sustaining. We even own a small vineyard and orchard we use to make our money. Even though my mother left Japan, she always made sure I was aware of my mixed heritage. I was taught from a young age to respect both my families history. I even visit my grandparents in Japan every few years.

My father, his brother and his parents taught me quite a bit about our Welsh heritage as well. Though my father's greatest delight was telling me about Hogwarts. He would often regale me with tales of his youth in the castle and grounds. Also my parents recently adopted my cousin so I now have a brother a year younger then me.

The only real thing my parents regret me learning about is manga. Since I discovered manga as a child I have wanted to be the #1 Mangaka in the magical world. Due to this, I have earnestly studied calligraphy and different writing styles.

I enjoy ramen, drawing, writing, learning martial arts, reading manga, calligraphy and meeting new people.

I despise arrogant people, waiting for new Shonen Jump to come out, the 3 mins for instant ramen to cook, being ignored and being told to be quiet.

I'm afraid of failure and complete silence.

My strengths are amazing penmanship and very energetic.

My flaws are my messy habits and chronic insomnia.

I look like this.

My wand is a 12 inches, Aspen, with a fox fur core.

My pet is a young bearded dragon (smallish lizard).

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
(Add each class you will take an OWL in at the appropriate time)

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:
(Add each class you will take a NEWT in at the appropriate time)

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I hate sleeping. It seems like such a waste of time. I will devour caffeine to avoid it for as long as possible. Also if there is a rain storm/thunder storm, you won't find me indoors. I love to be out and about in storms!

UPDATES

UPDATED: 9/12
UPDATES MADE:
- Profile added for character

shadow_the_kit

Cluttered Phantom

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Pern Master Harper

Ruthless Giver

16,000 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Timid 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:12 am
Hi, my name is Mashiro Niizuma-Clarke

But I mostly go by Shiro

I'm a male

I'm 11 years old.

My birthday is February 14th, 2032

My dream job is a manga editor

My blood status is Muggle-Born

The school I will be going to is Hogwarts.

The house I'm in is Currently unsorted.

I'm interested in girls

I'm currently with no one

Shy and quiet- tend to stick with those already know. Do not seek out confrontation. Will not place self as center of attention. Wallflower.
Helpful- always willing to help those in need. Eager to be of use.
Deep thinker- very intelligent and enjoys thinking problems. Enjoys stimulating conversations that require contemplation of ideas.
Progressive- do not judge anyone on preference, race, or political alignment. Sees all individuals as equal.
Affectionate- enjoys cuddling and being close with friends and family. Will seek out friends daily just to see how they are and reaffirm connection.

My background story is Mashiro Niizuma-Clarke was born Mashiro Niizuma, to Miho Moritaka (a muggle woman) and Akito Niizuma (a muggle-born man), on February 14th, 2031 in London. For the first five years of his life he had a pleasant and loving family and environment.... until he showed his first sign of accidental magic. Mashiro's mother did not take well to his magic or his father coming out as a wizard. Mashiro's parents ended up divorced and Miho moved back with her parents in Japan. Mashiro and Akito moved to Wales to be closer to Akito's sister, Sana Niizuma-Clarke. For three years it seemed to be going well until Akito vanished. With no other options, Sana and her husband William took in Mashiro. After two years, Akito was declared dead and Sana and William officially adopted Mashiro.

I enjoy Reading, drawing, knitting and crocheting, photography and gardening

I despise slugs, invasion of privacy, unfaithful people, strong perfumes and airplanes

I'm afraid of flying

My strengths are I always keep promises and I am very independent

My flaws are I am uncompromising and very timid

I look like this

My wand is a11 inches, cherry, with a unicorn tail hair

My pet is a northern white-faced owl

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
(Add each class you will take an OWL in at the appropriate time)

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:
(Add each class you will take a NEWT in at the appropriate time)

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Even though I love my nii-san Eiji, I can only stand to be around him in small burst. He is far too hyper for me to deal with for long periods of time, unless we're reading or I'm editing his mangas.

UPDATES
Updated: 10/10
Updates Made:
* Birth year updated
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:39 am
Hi, my name is Gethin Clarke

I'm a Male

I'm 24 years old.

My birthday is October 31st, 2018

I work in (where your character currently works)

My dream job is Own a restaurant and wine tasting room that uses only products from my family farm.

My blood status is Pure-blood

The house I was in was Slytherin

I was in the class of 2037

I'm interested in both.

I'm currently with No one.

COMPASSIONATE - Always willing to loan a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen.
AMIABLE - Friendly individual with and agreeable nature. Doesn' like to argue.
DETERMINED - Firm in decision making and being resolved not to change/regret opinions or actions.
IMPETUOSITY - Impulsive and can make rash decisions or actions.
DOMESTIC - Enjoys menial task around the home and taking care of others.

My background story is: Gethin is the second born son of the Clarke family. He doesn't care much for his parents since they both care more for traveling then raising him. Gethin was raised mostly by his older brother with the help of an elderly house elf named Hobbsy.

Gethin is very fond of his brother and was eager to follow in his footsteps at Hogwarts. By the time Gethin was sorted, William was already well established in their family business and had a small fortune accumulating due to how frugal William is. It came as a bit of a surprise to the family when Gathin was sorted into Slytherin. He was the first Clarke to be sorted into that house in nearly 200 years. Even though his brother William was unaffected by his sorting, his parents were very displeased. It caused an even greater rift to open between them. William saw this and decided to purchase a home separate of the family estate for them to live in. William also left the family business and founded a farm, vineyard and orchard around their new home. The products produced from the land started a new business for William. Mostly it covered exporting rare fruits and wines.

Unfortunately, their parents refused to relinquish ownership of Hobbsy. Just a year after the family split Hobbsy passed. Gethin became withdrawn and depressed, which only worsened when William was forced to leave for Japan due to his employment. Though that did not last long when William came back with a wife. It was hard to be depressed with Sana, William's wife, loving personality and hyper nature living with them. Then came Eiji, Gethin's beloved nephew.

Gethin spoiled the child rotten even as he pushed and obsessively studied his last few years of Hogwarts. After graduating, Gethin spent his free time helping caring for Eiji and building onto their cottage. He even eventually built his own cottage on the property. Shortly after its completion Mashiro and Akito came to live with them. Gethin couldn't help getting attached to his newest nephew and even his standoffish father. Then Akito vanished....

I enjoy cooking and baking, potions making, watching the stars, camping and playing my lute.

I despise Two-timers, people trying to control me, lazy people, liars and spiders

I'm afraid of needles.

My strengths are fairness and gentle nature

My flaws are my impatience and pacifism.

I look like this

My wand is a 12 inches, Ebony, with a Coral core.

My pet is a Barn Owl

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Transfiguration: EE
Charms: EE
Potions: O
Defence Against the Dark Arts: A
Herbology : O
Muggle Studies: A
History of Magic: A
Astronomy: EE
Wizard Law: EE

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Transfiguration: EE
Charms: EE
Potions: O
Herbology: O
Astronomy: EE
Wizard Law: A

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I have a huge soft spot for both my nephews. I tend to spoil them rotten.

UPDATES

UPDATED: 10/10
UPDATES MADE:
- Bio expanded
-Graduation year changed

shadow_the_kit

Cluttered Phantom

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Graveyard (Trash)