{PRP}Fried Egg Brains {Zamistia x Nalacko} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:14 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

Nalacko let out a long breath as the candidate master finally released them from their lesson. Her brain felt like mush or fried egg, or both! While the other candidates hurried to pack up and leave, to head off to where they were going next, Nalacko took her time to back her books. She felt her eyes kept trying to cross. Who knew dragon riding was so hard!

One by one, she tucked her books into her bag. Once everything was packed up, she poked the sleeping green firelizard on her desk in the side. "Vine, get up. Let's go." At least one of them had been able to sleep through the lesson. It took the green a few more minutes to wake up and finally perch on her shoulder.

Nalacko hadn't expected anyone else to stay as long as she had as she headed towards the doorway.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:40 pm
Zamistia listened as Master Gr'del finished, biting her bottom lip nervously. She always tried to hold back and be one of the last exiting, since she hated thinking she might accidentally bump into someone. So she took her time in putting away her supplies, seeing people leave out of the corner of her eye. Once she figured she was the last one, she put her last item in and began walking towards the door. Little did she know that the thing she had been worried about as she accidentally walked into someone.

"Ooo..I..I am so sorry,"she stammered.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:35 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

She looked up as another candidate lightly bumped into her. Nala gave the woman a small tired smile. "It's alright. Did his lecture make your brain feel like fuzz too?" If a brain could feel fuzzy, she'd swear that's exactly how hers felt this exact moment.

Nala gestured for the woman to go ahead of her to avoid any confusion for them exiting the classroom. From her shoulder, Vine cheeped at the new woman.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:15 am
"I think I got most of it, but some of it was a little confusing. Course..it is..umm new to me. Only been around..errr...two dragons before becoming a candidate. Now they are all around me..so it is a lot to take in,"Zamistia admitted, rubbing the back of her head. Some of the others seemed to know so much of this, while she had only been here a couple of months. What if a dragon didn't pick her because of her lack of knowledge? The thought made her shiver a moment, before she noticed the gesture of the other. She gave a soft nod, before heading out of the place where their lesson was. Looking over her shoulder, she wondered if she should wait for the other girl or not.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

She realized the woman must be a rather new candidate. Nala followed after her as she mulled on that for a moment. "I only just started lessons myself," she volunteered quietly. It was sort of like being a new candidate right? Except she'd grown up around dragons and hearing all the little drabble about dragons that was just common place in a weyr.

"I'm sure you'll get it." What would happen if she didn't though? Would the candidate master kick her out? Nala couldn't remember hearing of that happening. "How did you come here? If you don't mind my asking."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:07 pm
"I sure hope..so, I don't...want to let..anyone down. My sister is..a rider here. She has a...sweet green dragon..who is so...kind to me. As to how..I got here..well, I was...visiting my sister. One of the..search riders found..me and told..me I would..make a good..candidate. How about you? Are you new..are lived here?"she asked. She said she was new, but maybe she was younger than her. Or it could be that she hadn't been ready to become a candidate, she wasn't sure.

magnadearel

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:32 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

"Really? It must be nice, having a parent you look up to." Nala sighed softly. "But if you have any questions, I can try to help. If you want I mean. I know I just started too." Dumb! What was she doing? She barely knew any of this herself.

She nodded as the girl explained how she'd come here. That's how it usually was for non-weyrbrats. A searchrider had to find them suitable. "I was born here. I just recently reach candidate age and decided to stand."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:07 pm
"I am glad...to have my...sister set the...path. I can only...hope I don't...disappoint her. I worry...about not impressing. I would love..any help you..could give. I mean, since..you are from..the Weyr, there...are things you...would know. Though don't you..have family to..look up to?"Zamistia asked. If she was from the Weyr, wouldn't that mean one of her parents was a rider? Or maybe her parents just worked at the Weyr, after all, they needed people that kept the place running.

magnadearel

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:30 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

Nala wished she had had an older sibling to look up to. Or maybe they would have distracted her father from her. "I'm sure your sister is happy to have you here. What color does she ride?"

She shook her head, "I think we all worry about that, but we have a lot of time." Well some had more than others due to age differences. Someone like her had more chances than someone searched at 19. "Are.... Are you happy to be here?"

"Of course I'll help! Just let me know what you need." Inside she was excited and torn. She wanted to help, but what if she got something wrong? Nala made a bit of a face as the woman asked about her family. "My.... f-father is a rider, my mother is a cavern worker."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:56 am
"Oh, she is..very happy to..have me here. She was the..one who convinced..me to take..the offer. She is the..rider of a...beautiful green. And I guess..you are right. I mean you...have more chances..than I do. However, I do..have several years. And I am...though very overwhelmed. I feel behind..some of our..fellow candidates. Knowing all the..important people and..dragons. That is part..of what I...need help with. Knowing who is..who and how..things are done. You don't sound..happy about what..your parents do,"Zamistia noted. She hadn't missed the look the other gave when mentioning her parents. Maybe there was bad blood there somewhere.

magnadearel

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:06 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

Nala was glad the other woman had someone she could look up to. Then she realized she couldn't remember if she'd introduced herself or not. If she had and did it again, she'd look like a sharding fool, but if she hadn't then there'd be the awkward pause that followed the awkward introduction in the middle of the conversation. Should she? Shouldn't she?

"I should be able to help you with those things, I think. Would our next rest day work for you? Or whatever day works better for you. I'm Nalacko by the way. I can't remember if we've been introduced yet."

"My mom is great! She works in the caverns and helps with daily things like the kitchen so everyone can eat, or laundry so we all have clean clothes." Her dad on the other hand..... she'd rather not talk about him.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:24 pm
"Our next rest..day should work...fine. I don't have..anything planned for...it. Maybe I can..convince my sister..to bake some..treats for us..to enjoy. Of course if..I do that..she may go..overboard. And no, I..don't think we..did introduce ourselves. It is nice..to meet you..Nalacko. My name is..Zamistia. And your mother..sounds like a..wonderful person. Though, what about..your dad?"Zamistia asked. Was that where the problem lay, with her father, hence the look that had been on her face? Not only that, but the other was gushing about her mom's job, but nothing about her dad's.

magnadearel

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:18 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

Nala nodded to herself, she'd make a note to remind her later. She perked up when Zamistia mentioned her sister baked. "Ooooo she bakes? I'd love to try some!" She really was just a kid at heart. "It's a pleasure Zamistia. My mom is the best."

She made a grimace. "I'd rather he didn't live here at the weyr. He rides a brown." Her dad was nothing but trouble, she was pretty sure. "What do your parents do?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:40 am
"Oh yes, my...sister loves baking. She was in..Dessert craft before..she impressed to..Cozelleth. Even now she...loves making desserts. You should see..how much she..would send me. I am sure..she would love..to make some...things for us. And oh, I..am sorry you..have to deal..with your dad. My parents are..farmers. They live at..Landing Hold,"Zamistia answered. She smiled softly as she thought about her parents, she definitely missed them. However, she knew not everyone could have such a supportive family like she was blessed with.

magnadearel

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:14 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

She hadn't realized there was a Dessert craft. That sounded awesome, she loved sweets! "If you would be so kind as to ask her, I wouldn't mind helping if she needed it." What she was really looking forward to was eating those sweets.

"Does your sister live here or with your parents?" Wasn't Landing Hold so far away? Nala thought it was on the southern continent. Maybe she should have paid better attention in geography class.  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff