Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:49 pm
User Image

The village square, where everyone goes to socialize, especially during festivals, There are some vendors that work in the area. north side of the square has an inn that is one of the best around.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:48 am
As Callisto tugged him through the street, and more toward the center of the square, Leon looked around. It practically looked like a movie set. Somewhat like you would see in Indiana Jones. Hopefully, that scenario from said movie wouldn't play out, though.

The shops were lined not only with trinkets and crafts, but great food stands as well. Back home, one just went to the store, and picked something up, without really browsing around. But here, it was almost like the shops begged to be looked upon, and had hidden treasures just waiting to be found.

Upon reaching the very center of the market, Leon broke away from Callisto, looking around again, fascinated by everything. The people, the smells, the sounds, and...

"Hey, Callisto, wait here for a second, okay?"

And without any other words to his date, Leon ran rather quickly to a nearby stall, around the corner. Upon returning, Leon held in his hand a necklace, bearing a simple, yet stunning ruby design in the center.

"I-I figured it would look nice on you, and, it's something to commemorate our first date."

Leon knew it was an impulse purchase, but he wanted this to be something she could remember, and Leon wanted to start their relationship, if there would ever be one, off with a bang.

"I-I know it might be cheesy or maybe a bit too much, but..."  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:46 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image "Huh?" She asked, perplexed as he suddenly pulled away and hurried off. She looked in the direction he'd gone in blankly, utterly confused as to what had happened. Was he sick and running to find a bathroom? Was he embarrassed to say something about it? Or had he just seen something really, really interesting and didn't think she could keep up with him. She tilted her head as she thought about going to follow him or waiting as he'd asked her to. It had been more than a second. She brought her hands before her stomach, tapping the tips of her fingers as she waited. Her eyes wandered the square, taking in sights of people going around and having fun. Some children were playing with a wheel and stick, running up and down the street. She saw a butterfly, eyes widening as she had never seen one before. She was just about to follow it when Leon returned. She looked over at him with a smile, happy that he'd returned. Until she saw the necklace he was holding.

User Image
"U-uh..." Her heart jumped into her throat and though she was hearing what he was saying she wasn't fully paying attention. To her, that necklace looking like a marriage proposal. In her culture a male would offer a female a precious item to state his intentions. The female accepted if she agreed to marry him. She was so taken aback by it that it took her a few moments to process what had been said. From his words, she understood that he wasn't proposing marriage. She closed her eyes slowly, holding back a sigh of relief. "Wow..." They'd only just met and that wasn't something she was ready for right now. But another curious thing was that he'd referred to the necklace as being cheesy. It looked like a nicely made piece of jewelry. What was cheese anyway? It also seemed weird that a man who claimed he'd never dated before would jump right to wanting to get married.

User Image So, it seemed safe to assume that this gift didn't mean anything immensely serious. She didn't want to embarrass either of them by creating another awkward misunderstanding so she decided to take the risk and accept it without asking questions. She looked up at him, smiling softly.
"Wow! I couldn't breathe for a while there. You're so full of surprises, Leon! Can I wear it now?" She turned to the side a bit to show him her neck. She lifted her braid so it would be out of the way. "Would you put it on for me?" Her heart was fluttering a bit. She felt like she could trust Leon, but she was worried that she could be misunderstanding his intent. By asking him to put the necklace on her, she was trying to find out what he meant.

Knight Of The Dark Void
((Enter from: Sweet Sleep Inn ))

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:52 am
Sabriel Thurirl

"O-Oh! Of course!"

Leon carefully put the necklace on Callisto's neck, putting together the latch in the back. He backed up after he was done, and looked at her.

"It looks wonderful on you! Do you like it?"

As Leon was complimenting her, and older woman walked up to the two, smiling all the way. She was short, about half Leon's size. She wore long robes, that trailed behind her a bit. She looked up at Callisto and spoke.

"My, my, aren't you two a charming couple? How long have you two been with one another?"  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:38 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image Callisto held her breath as she felt Leon's hands behind her neck fussing with the latch. It tickled a bit and somehow, his hands touching the back of her neck and shoulders made her feel self-concious. Was she infected with his nerves now instead? Her face felt hot, though due to her complexion it wouldn't be easily noticed. She turned to face him, lips pulled apart in a nervous smile. He looked pretty happy. Maybe like he'd done this before or didn't think much of being so close to a woman? She found his energy and overall attitude to be quite cute right now. She put her hand on the pendant, at a loss for what to say until they were approached by an old woman. She looked at her curiously, taken off guard by the way the woman was dressed. What were those clothes called? They looked so different from what every other woman on this island had been wearing.

User ImageShe'd never seen someone so short before either that wasn't a child. But this woman sounded like an adult.
"U-uh... Well, this is actually our first date." She responded frankly, being one poorly adapted to deceiving anyone. She also lacked the desire to lie unless she absolutely had to. Since she was foreign to his culture she didn't want to risk doing something that might tarnish his reputation. As long as he minded it, that was. She was still quite nervous from the impressive and sudden gift Leon had given her. She really hadn't expected anything like it.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:58 am
Sabriel Thurirl

"Goodness, how wonderful! I remember when I first met my husband. Please, come with me and have your fortunes told free of charge."

She seemed nice enough, and her stall was close from what it looked like.
Leon was a little cautious, but turned to Callisto.

"Well, it seems like something fun to do. That sound alright to you, Callisto?"

Leon wanted this date to be fun, but was ready in case something went wrong. However, he didn't want to tell her about the technique he had developed. Considering the strength of even Callisto, however, he thought it might be unavoidable.  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:58 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image She tilted her head at the mention of having their fortunes told. She didn't know what that was. The elder was talking about her husband. Did that mean anything? But instead of asking, she looked up at Leon. He didn't seem alarmed by her suggestion, although he looked sort of grumpy. Neither thrilled nor repulsed. That meant he wanted to do it! Least it was as good a sign as any that he was fine with it. She couldn't resist the temptation to experience something new anyway. "Let's do it!" She said excitedly, her eyes all a-sparkle with enthusiasm. She took hold of his arm by the wrist so she wouldn't lose him in the crowd and hurried on after the old woman. She was intrigued by the unusual look of the woman's stand. The fabrics and beads and shiny things. It looked so very different from the other stalls. "So, what's going to happen? What's all this for?" She asked the old woman, letting go of Leon to poke some beads that were hanging from above.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:42 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

"It's simple, dear. You tell me what your plans for the future are, and I compare the two of you after you tell me that. Then, the ball will show me vague information about your future together."

Leon looked around, just to make sure this whole thing wasn't a scam. No thieves in sight, and the stall was an open one. He knew he shouldn't have been so on edge, but he couldn't help but feel a bit protective of Callisto.

"Young man, why don't you go first?" The woman asked.

Leon turned back to attention, the woman smiling at him.

"Oh, um...alright. I suppose in the future, I want someone who can guide me, but not restrict me. I want to be able to protect them, while still being myself. In terms of just stuff I want...my own Dojang, a modest home, and a family. Just enough to be happy, and do what I love."

The woman's smile grew brighter, as Leon finished.

"You seem to be a very confident man, yet you acknowledge you are still a bit lost in life. You are a free spirit, who glides through life with the wind behind you, and the life you seek my be absolutely possible, but will hold challenges of emotion, as opposed to just physical strength. With that in mind, stay strong, and you will achieve your dream."

As Leon processed what he had been told, the woman turned to Callisto.

"Alright, dear, your turn. What do you want in the future?"  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:56 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image Callisto listened carefully as Leon spoke. He sounded like he knew what he wanted, more or less. Were no human girls interested in the same things? Having never been wholly responsible for another person she didn't understand what was meant when he said that he wanted to protect someone without changing himself. Was he afraid of becoming paranoid? Considering how he had been with her all day, he seemed like he was taking their date seriously. Did he think he had to protect her? She made a mental note to ask him to spar later. She was strongest under water and for obvious reasons couldn't reveal that to him. But she was confident that she could fight or run to avoid getting killed up here. As he finished speaking she smiled softly to herself. His response sounded honest and upfront and she liked that. As she was asked to give her answer, she was quiet for a moment. This was something she should have talked about with him anyway, since this was a date.

User Image
"I left my home and may not ever be able to go back. But I'm okay with it. I chose adventure over staying and living an normal life with my friends and family. I want to learn and experience new things. It may be selfish, but I don't want to do this alone. If I choose a mate for myself he will be honest and loyal. A man unafraid to talk about difficult topics, who wants to spend his life with me and can put up with... certain... things about me. As for what I'll be doing or where I'll be, say, ten years from now I can't say for certain. I could still be exploring the world or maybe I'll have found a mate and made a new home with him." She wasn't one to mince words. Callisto hadn't given serious consideration to the future that far along. Hell, she'd left home with barely any of her belongings and had at first spent a lot of time living in different parts of the ocean. This was only until she could craft and sell to be able to afford things on the surface.

User ImageShe desired adventure and wanted to travel. She knew that what she wanted was fairly different from what Leon had just said. Even if he'd told her his reason for coming to this island was to fight and meet new peoples. She was a bit hesitant to see what sort of face he was making to hearing this. So she stayed looking at the old fortune teller and waited for her to work her curious magics.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:59 am
Sabriel Thurirl

The woman smiled again, and chuckled to herself.

"You two are more similar than you think. You too walk where the wind blows, and love nothing more than the thrill of what comes next. Though this young man may have goals, such things can change from year to year. Now, let me look into the ball..."

Her smile faded, into more of a focussed look, she put her hands around the ball in the center of the table, though not touching it. Eventually, energy began to move around the glass ball.

"I see two young people entwined by fate, and enjoying whatever one another throws their way. However, they are held back by fear. One holds a secret that will change the way the other views them, and the other holds a secret they fear will harm the first one. But the two misplace their fear in honesty. They must be calm, and realize they both will love one another, and protect one another. If they accomplish this, their lives will hold nothing but happiness."  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:59 pm
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image For whatever reason she felt a bit nervous when being told that she was similar to Leon. But when it was mentioned that he might change his mind she thought to herself that she didn't want him to change just to suit her better. She wanted him to be true to his wants and needs. A free an independent man who decided his own destiny. Though she was attracted to him and did like him, she didn't want to stop him from having the sort of future he wanted. She didn't want to look at him just yet, unsure about this entire experience. Lightly she bit her lower lip and kept her eyes focused on the elder's mysterious crystal ball. The fortune she told them seemed like it was about them. Yet she was only saying what might happen? This magic was fortune telling? Leon was keeping a secret from her? Which one was hers? She didn't want to scare him or make him think differently of her. So far they were getting along and she hoped that wouldn't change.

User ImageShe was told they'd both have to be calm, but right now she was oh so perplexed. She brought a hand to her chin, staring at the crystal ball as she spoke.
"Elder, it sounds like you really can see the future. But this magic you showed us isn't very specific. I don't know what it means... I promise I'll think about it though. You will too, right? Leon? " She asked, looking over at Leon. She was interested to know what he thought of all of this. She'd left certain details out but she'd also been pretty straight forward about her intentions. She wondered if she should have talked about this with him before agreeing to something like this. Was he upset about their fortune? Embarrassed by how open they both had to be? Worried about the secrets that had been mentioned in the fortune?

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:00 am
Sabriel Thurirl
Sorry about being away for a minute. Twas moving day.

"But we're not quite done yet, Sweetie."

The elder turned to Leon with a look that held sympathy and a bit of sadness.

"You have a fear that isn't so secret. But I think it's important you solve it here, where she and I can both help you."

Leon turned away a little bit, not denying the statement, but not acknowledging it much. Leon knew exactly what she meant.

"I...that's none of your concern."

The woman smiled again at him, but was somehow...different. She was more genuine, and caring. Like she knew what his fears were, and exactly how to approach them.

"You fear exactly what this stall is about. The future. You are afraid of loss, uncertainty, and how your actions in coming here will affect your life to come, or your relationship with this woman here. I've looked into many hearts, my dear boy, and I can say you are indeed very strong both physically, and mentally. But your emotions are like the sea, always changing. Please, share with us. I'm sure...Callisto was it? I'm sure she would be more than willing to listen."

Leon continued looking away. She was spot on. His life had been spent training, and becoming prepared for his journey there, to the island. But now that he was there, he had ideas of sharing his life with Callisto, and seeing where life took them. But how would he live with himself if he hurt her accidentally, or lost her? He became too quickly attached, and now he wasn't sure if he could keep the promises to himself.

He had achieved his goal, but his next goal seemed like it could be catastrophic if not weighed carefully.  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:45 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image She found his silence unusual, having only known him to be a friendly and cheerful person. Then again they'd only known each other for little more than a day. Callisto looked up at him curiously as he refused to answer the old fortune teller's request. What was it about the future that scared him so much? She leaned towards him and to the front to be able to get a good look at his face. He looked conflicted and like something was hurting him. His expression was pretty confusing in all honesty. She was annoyed that she didn't know him better as if she did she would be able to handle these sorts of moments better. He truly was afraid of something and didn't seem to want to talk about it. She stepped forward, the side of her hip touching the front of the stand. She wanted to be facing him but not forcing him to look at her. She stood straight and gently placed her hand upon his arm. "Leon, look at me... Please?" She waited a moment to see if he would, but whether or not he did she continued.

User Image
"We haven't known each other that long, I'm not going to pretend like we've been close for all of our lives or something like that. I know we're not like that right now. Also, that I'm not really someone who can ask you to talk about something as private as this either. But I like you. A lot. I may have asked you a ton of questions so far and I wouldn't blame you if you're sick of me making requests. But whatever it is that you're afraid of, I want to know! I want to help you because you're important to me. I'll only ask you this one time to talk to me about it. If you don't want to now, I won't try to force you to. But I hope that eventually you'll feel comfortable enough with me to do so. I don't care if it's a small worry or a huge, really complicated, big old pain in the butt sort of thing, you know?" She spoke honestly and without any sense of hesitation. She also didn't notice that she'd said something that wouldn't normally be said in public. Even if she were aware of that sort of unspoken rule she still wouldn't care.

Knight Of The Dark Void
((No worries. ^_^ ))

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:43 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon stared at the ground for what felt like about 3 minutes. Finally, he took a shaky breath, looking at Callisto, with elements of both regret, and anxiety.

"Callisto, there's one thing I cannot tell you about because I don't want you to get hurt. But I came here to further my training by fighting other creatures I thought to be more powerful than myself. Instead, I found calm, a friend, possibly more than that. Because of that, I...I'm not sure if I can protect what I've found here, or if you can trust me with secrets knowing there's something I can't tell you without risking that you'll be hunted down for information. Callisto, for the first time in my life...I'm conflicted to the core of my being, whether to tell you, so we can keep each other safe, or if I should keep it to myself so I don't risk losing you. "

The older woman looked on in silence, listening patiently. Leon gave a nervous laugh.

"It's funny...to find myself falling for a girl I met in just one day, feeling like I'd risk everything just so she stays safe...but that's the reality. And I'm truly scared I'll disappoint you, or hurt you when I don't want to."  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:27 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image Callisto listened intently, interested to know just what it was that was bothering him so much. For once she kept her mouth shut as she waited for him to feel comfortable to talk again. It was like the words were on the tip of his tongue and she didn't want to do anything to stop him from speaking his mind. What he said however was surprising. "I understand..." She said softly, smiling a bit though not being trusted did hurt her feelings a bit. A secret that couldn't be told no matter what with the penalty being death? They were more alike than she'd thought. The old fortune teller was right. If she gave it any thought they really shouldn't trust each other as much as they had been so far. It was obvious how seriously he was taking this and she felt like she should share the blame here. She liked Leon, a lot. She wanted to be friends if they couldn't be anything more. But she might've been too quick to ask him out like this. Maybe she should've tried getting to know him more first? Had she rushed things again? She knew she had a bad habit of acting without thinking. She thought his personality was really cute considering how strong and intimidating he looked. So, she simply wasn't able to resist at the time. If she could go back to that moment, she'd still ask him out. She still wanted to go out with him despite this grave conversation.

User ImageShe lifted her hand from his arm to lightly pat it, looking up at him with a small smile. She was worried about him, considering how upset he looked and how serious he was about this.
"There are people out there who try to kill each other over something small--or for no reason at all, sometimes. I know that already, from experience. There are probably people who would try to kill you just because you look strong-or maybe they think you're making at face at them. Something small like that which isn't even a good reason to fight in the first place. Maybe I look weak, but I promise I'm not. From what you told me yesterday there are also people out there who would try to kill me just because I'm not human. I don't plan on dying so easily, I can promise you that too! And I do trust you, if that's not obvious enough now. If you don't want to tell me because you think I'm not strong enough to be your companion then I understand. I don't hold it against you. Like I said, I have no interest in trying to force you to do anything. I will just have to show you that I'm not as weak as you think I am!" She said with a bright smile.

User Image As curious as she was about his secret she didn't want to force him to tell her since he clearly didn't want to. But his words were still a bit concerning. He was being hunted?
"Unless... you're leaving? Don't tell me that this is your way of saying goodbye?" She stared up at him, startled gaze hidden behind the darkness of her sunglasses. She stopped patting his arm and instead pulled her hand away. She curled her fingers back into her palm and her smile faded completely. Was all that talk of not wanting to force him to do anything coming back to bite her? Was he saying all this as a preface to him leaving?

Knight Of The Dark Void

Vampire Island: Main Areas

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces