(( Characters | Bast'ion | Zerrin | Hilda ))

Word Count | 1140

The trek had been long and unpleasant for Hilda as Bast'ion had made the trip as unpleasant as possible. There had been little rest for the female or comfort as the two lions had progressed through no lions lands. Bast'ion had no sympathy for any moans or groans that Hilda had for the trip. The kirin lions was was not cruel but he also was not compassionate.

The morning was just edging on the horizon as the two lions crossed the border of that which was the lands of the stormborn. There was no time wasted for the two to make their way towards Bast'ions family dens where Zerrin surely was. The two entered his private den with out so much of an announcement and went straight for his sleeping area.

On many pelts a shade of gold and white was seen sleeping. Bast'ion rolled his eyes before opening his maw.

"Zerrin! I have something for you." He was tired from his trip so his aggravation with Zerrin being asleep could not be hidden. The kirins tail swished from side to side in impatience.

Zerrin stubbornly rolled to his side and made a 'merph' type of sound. Bast'ion having something for him was not always a welcomed thing and he was unsure he wanted to open his eyes in fear it might be a waste of his morning.

"What is it Bast'ion..." He grumbled in half sleep.

"Hilda." A nasty grin unfolded on Bast'ions maw. Hilda made 'tsttt' sound uneasy with her name being mentioned. The effect that Bast'ion wanted as Zerrins eyes popped open to find the purple nightmare in his den. He shot up as quickly as he could to all fours and approached, slowly.

"Why did you bring this devil to our home? Are you mad? You have cubs Bast'ion..." He glared at the purple female with unease.

"It's nice to see you too oh mighty king..." Hilda hissed between her barred teeth. She was not happy about the situation she was in right now and wasn't all too sure what to make of being presented to the once mighty king. She could strike right now but surely she'd be put down. Bast'ion had proven earlier that he was not above hitting a lady such as her self and she had the marks squarely on her face and front side to prove it. She wanted to stay alive so she could escape and if she was to be too rambunctious she would surely be put to death.

"Quiet filth," Bast'ion hit her on the side of her head with an unsheathed paw. He made sure to hit her hard but not too hard to get his point across.

"Bast'ion why have you brought this threat to your family? She surely isn't to be trusted and isn't broken... Why did you not kill her?" Zerrin took a step back from the two. "It would be understandable if you had just ended her life in the roguelands... Why is she here..." Zerrin just couldn't deal with this right now.

Bast'ion pushed the back of Hildas head once more.

"Death was too good for the likes of her. I thought life as a thrall would be much better and I do not mean like Yhe and Rana but I mean the worst of the worst Thrall treatment we can muster. She is a gift to you Zerrin if you'll accept her." Bast'ion pushed her head once more for good measure which got a growl out of Hilda. Bast'ion slapped her so hard that she fell to her side.

"You will understand your place filth. You are beneath us and you will do our bidding so if you grow again expect swift punishment." Bast'ion roared. Hilda was silent and stayed on her side. She had been traveling with Bast'ion long enough to know this was not a bluff. He'd made her life hell on the way to this pride and she knew not to test him too much. Hilda was already looking for a weakness to get her self out of this situation and you better believe she'd exploit any weakness she found.

Zerrin frowned at all of this.

"It does not seem wise to bring her in to our home Bast'ion. Surely you can see that? The female that once almost bled you to death?" The golden lion huffed.

"Well.. thats your problem isn't it ? She is yours after all." Bast'ion gave Zerrin a grin. "If you want me to end her life right here right now I will. Her blood will spill all over the grounds and wash away any disgrace you endured because of her."

"Bast'ion... No." Zerrin shook his head, "I -can not- and WILL not be apart of a murder. This is sick and you know that."

"It's not nearly as sick as what she did. She pretended she was our friend until the moment she got close enough to me to - " The kirin lion was cut off by a glare so powerful from Zerrin that it may have the power to kill.

"Bast'ion.. That is enough. Leave her be." Zerrin sighed. "If she is truly mine than she is mine to do what I see fit with yeah? Well stop slapping her around it is not what I want... If you wanted her dead you should have done it in no lions lands.... I can't bare to see her killed in front of me... I would have preferred you done it before you come back to the dens."

"So you rather have me come back to the dens with blood on MY paws so you can look down your nose at me and say what a monster I've turned in to." Bast'ion growled, "What ever. Whats done is done and she is yours now so have at it. If you want to beat her go for it. Shes much too weak to put up a fight so yeah.."

"I will not do violence towards her.. if she is under my care I will deal with her how I see fit." The golden lion took a step forward towards Bast'ion. "I suggest you leave and deliver your herbs to Yhe."

Bast'ion grumbled something and turned his back on the two to head out of Zerrins den. He hadn't known how Zerrin would have reacted but this was a surprise. He was certain that a little execution would be on the menu today not that Bast'ion craved the kill. Zerrin turned back towards Hilda once the kirin lion was out of view.

"You deserve every bit of torture he put you through and more but I am not the lion to preform such actions. You will be submissive to me and not even look at any of Bast'ions family is that clear!" The golden lion was clear with his intentions. Hilda was still on the ground but gave him a nod.

"Good. You will remain on the floor for the rest of the morning until I think of what to do with you. I am going back to sleep and if you decide to attack me while I sleep good luck trying to escape a pride full of warriors. You won't survive five minutes if you try to escape." He growled. Hilda gave one more nod. "Good." Zerrin yawned. "Going to bed now.." He padded back to his heap of furs and laid down. Truth be told, he couldn't sleep after this surprise. Part because of fear of having his throat cut and part because what the ******** was Bast'ion thinking.