Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[SRP] Dragons Stick Together

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

((Set prior to the change in leadership in the SB, but after Dreki becomes a Reaver. So she's currently a Reaver in this rp.))  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:42 pm
Dreki sulked as she walked, unhappy with the group she was accompanying. She was the only female in the band, and, judging by the snide remarks and comments on how she should have stayed home, she had a feeling that she was only allowed onto it to try and appease those who would have thrown a fit over them refusing her.

It infuriated her. How was she different than these stuck-up mongrels she called "comrades"? Just because she was a girl?!

She kept her silence though, despite how badly she wanted to snarl and tear them a new one. Her Captain likely wouldn't have cared anyway -- he was one of them.

At least the world seemed to have righted itself... mostly, anyway. The pride was no longer starving to death, and things appeared to go back to normal. That said... there were still uneasy rumors and ill-content mutterings about how the Warlord achieved it. Personally, Dreki didn't care much. The rumors were likely false, but she did wonder what had made their pride so... abhorrent of Zjarri. She had never thought to ask.

She scoffed. She wouldn't be surprised if their attitude was solely due to her being a girl. Maybe she was just being cynical, but she'd experienced her fair bit of it recently. Oh, sure, there were just as many that approved of females taking a more active role in the pride, just as there were those that didn't care either way. But there were just as many who hated the thought too.

It was largely the desire to get away from that mockery that drove Dreki to attend this -- and other -- vikings of late, but clearly she had chosen incorrectly this time. A part of her almost wished that she had gone along with that big group, the one with the female captain leading them. That probably would have been a reaving to be remembered!

But....

Something had felt off about it. She hadn't been able to explain the feeling at the time, so she had assumed it had been due to Hjalmar being a part of it. Now though... now she wasn't so sure.

Oh well. There was no use dwelling on it now.

That didn't solve her current problem though. She wasn't dishonorable enough to abandon her viking band, but god, if she didn't need a break from it!

Which is where she now found herself, "scouting" ahead. The other lions had chortled at the idea and waved her off, making her fairly certain that they just wanted her to get away. They also knew better than to leave her, she was certain, so she left as they went back to their gloating and boasting to each other.

Dreki'dido sniffed at the air, ears perked up and eyes scanning the area in front of her. It was a wide plain with a small watering hole quite a ways away. She would have to inform her captain of that -- the group could use a drinking break -- but she wasn't ready to head back yet.

Besides, she noted with a raised eyebrow, it looked like there was someone there. Another lioness, it looked like, with a strange wiry bag of goods beside her.

Dreki could easily have gone over there and claimed her as a Thrall, she was positive of that. This one had not noticed her, and even if she had, she doubted that she would win in a fight against her. However, lately, the green lioness had found little reason to take a thrall for herself. Why bother? She didn't need one to care for her den or to show off to her pride.

And... maybe that encounter in the woods had left more of an impression on her than she was willing to admit.

No, she wouldn't attack her, nor would she alert her band of her.

Instead, the Reaver walked forward and, eyeing her bag for a moment, turned a lazy eye to the lioness before muttering, "What's that?"

The Kizi lioness was on another of her outings today, this time not too far from home but still far enough that it would take almost a full day to get back. This watering hole was a good place to stop, often visited by passerby and thus making it a good place to trade at, and she was just about to settle in for the evening when the stranger had approached.

With a wary eye, Maikoa observed her as she approached, taking in the bright coat and fascinating braid in her mane. A short memory of what that meant tugged at her brain, but for the life of her, she couldn't pinpoint what it meant. What it did remind her of though, was that she should remain on edge around her.

So the gruff question caught her off guard.

"Oh! Uh... Items, for trading." She put on her best merchant smile, "I sell wares for those who are interested." She wasn't above selling to the stranger, despite her reservations. Reaching into her net bag, the lioness pulled out a few of the items: a clay bowl, a few rock carvings and various colors of dye. "As long as you have something to give back, I'm happy to sell something to you!"

Dreki hummed back as the merchant -- because she now realized that that was what she was -- pulled out her wares. Interesting. The Reaver had heard of travelers that went around selling things. They even had a few within the pride, Reavers who were more interested in trade than combat.

She raised a paw, hovering over some of the carvings before the merchant nodded her head in acquiescence, and then started turning them over in her paws. She'd never seen things like this before. Intricate braids were usually the extent of what her pride mates did.

Finally, after a moment of silence, she spoke up, "... They're beautiful."

That made Maikoa start beaming from ear to ear, pleased that she liked them.

"Why, thank you! They're made by various crafters within my pride, the Kizingo-zaa. These stone carvings," she lifted one up in her paw, "were actually done by my brother. He's very good, and I'm sure he'll appreciate the compliment!"

Dreki moved her paw away, but continued to look over the items. The Kizingo-zaa? They were a nearby pride, weren't they? The Stormborn knew of them -- how could they not? -- but Dreki had yet to meet any of them... until now.

She looked up then, looking the lioness up and down. If her band were to arrive here, they would be quick to ambush her, both for her goods... and for her.

And for some reason, that left a sour taste in her mouth.

"I wish I had anything to trade with you. I would have loved to keep something." She paused here, and then said slowly, "But you should move on from here. My band are not above capturing and taking you and your belongings for themselves." She threw a significant eye at her at that.

Her words made Maikoa freeze in place. It was as much a threat as it was a warning, and her ears pulled back as she stared at the lioness.

"Wh.... What?" A band? She imagined it was a musical band either, and her mind finally clicked into place. Just as the Kizi were known to the Stormborn, so were the Stormborn known to the Kizi.

"O-oh! Oh, um...."

The Reaver let out a snort then, shaking her head and turning towards the water, "You still have a little bit of time. They sent me out to scout ahead, and I have no intention of returning yet, nor do I care to let them take you." Then she started lapping up water.

She stood there, breathing hard as she tried to figure out what to do. Well, there wasn't really a choice, was there? She needed to leave.

Maikoa started scrambling her items back into the bag, but paused as she was grabbing the stone carving that this lioness had been observing, slowly looking back up at her as she straightened out. It was kind of her, to warn her of the danger coming, to give her enough time to run.

And... she considered that enough of a payment. They could always make more figures.

Dreki's ears flicked up in surprise as something was dropped down beside her paw with a thunk, snapping her head up just in time to see the smile on the merchant's face before she starting hurrying away.

Her gaze bounced quickly between the leaving lioness and her carving, "W-wait! I can't pay for it!"

Maikoa only laughed, still moving away without turning her head back, "Consider it a gift then!" She stopped as she crested over a hill, finally looking back at her, "Safe travels, friend!"

And then the Kizi lioness bounded away. She would head home for now. A day's travel wasn't too bad, and she would feel safer at home for the next few days.

Dreki'dido watched as she left, before lowering her gaze down to the figurine. She was quiet as she lifted it up into her paw. It had been the one she would have liked to get, and it felt good to help someone.....

She would tell her band she'd found it in some dirt, that it had likely been abandoned because it was useless. They would turn a blind eye to it then.

Making a mental note of which way the merchant had gone, she laid down and decided to wait a little bit longer before going back.

MangoMeow

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff