Players || Bastion / Hilda

Word Count || 1250

Famine in the Stormborn lands had made it so that Bast'ion had to leave the pride to scrape up food and medicines to provide for his family. Bast'ion was still very much a reaver but he'd not been going on as many far outings or bringing any thralls back or even sleeping with any outside females since Yhe won his heart. Bast'ion was trying his hardest to be well behaved and, for the most part, he was doing a pretty good job.

The herbs he needed for Yhe were thinning by the border and Bast'ion found him self having to go out further and further away from the pridal territory to even find a leaf of what he needed. Some times he was able to ambush a traveling merchant and steal their goods, but, this was very rare and unreliable for the kirin lion. Also he was pretty sure if Yhe knew that she would be displeased.

The urge to keep his mate and cubs healthy had him creeping further and further away. Today was an especially grim pickings day with nothing in sight. There must have been some sort of field mouse outbreak because it looked like the herbs had been nibbled on and not picked which was a huge problem. It was likely if there was a healthy pack of mice around these parts it was going to be a further trek until he found what it was he needed.

His journey had taken him a few days out to a jungle where the fog was so thick you couldn't hardly see your paw in front of your face. Those herbs were needed and by the gods, this adventurous Kirin Lion was going to find what he needed for Yhe and his two princesses.

Not too far off, hidden by the jungles lush foliage and the fog, a familiar purple figure could be found lurking. It had been a while now since she had attacked and, as she believed, killed a god but the injuries were still there to remind her. She'd busted a rib on her fall and it had never healed properly making her life quite painful. She'd been gathering herbs to treat the pain but that was the best she'd been able to do. Around her neck in a makeshift necklace hung the busted horn of the god she'd 'killed' which dangled as a reminder of what she'd done. There had been no word back from her pride with the dozens of birds she sent to tell them of the glorious victory. It was as if the pride was no longer with in the territories she had so desperately sought out to save. Hilda could only hope that there was a storm keeping the birds at bay for a while and that was why she hadn't heard back. The lioness would not believe the great crime to the divine she'd committed was for nothing but it was starting to feel this way.

What Hilda had not foreseen was a certain Kirin lion making a re-entrance in to her life. Hilda had been careless with her herbs and left a very clear trail that lead right to her. The purple lioness was pretty sure no being would be foolish enough to go after her after all. Being on the top for so long had given her a streak of arrogance which would be her undoing.

The trail of herbs had, of course, caught Bast'ions attention and he followed it hoping he could find the merchant foolish enough to let their goods fall to the ground like this. What Bast'ion had not expected to find in the lush foggy jungle was the purple lioness who had undid his life and Zerrins.

There she laid in front of him on top of a bolder with a eerie necklace around her neck and a make shift satchel of herbs by her side. You couldn't wrap this pretty gift up nicer for the Kirin lion and better yet, thanks to the fog, he'd yet to be seen by her.

His claws unsheathed and readied themselves for the eventual beating he was about to lay on this evil lioness before him. She had drawn first blood a long while back and she would pay for what she'd done. The thought of killing her crossed his mind but that was too good for this purple demon. He'd have her pay as his servant but she'd not be treated well as Yhe or Rana were.

The kirin lion stalked around the bolder allowing the fog to take hold of his form as he did so. Hilda laid on top of the bolder quite unaware. After all, she had not expected anyone would go after her.

A moment was all Bast'ion needed before he was up in the air and ambushing the purple female from behind. The two tumbled off the bolder all the while Bast'ion made sure he'd land on top of her with his claws out and his teeth bared. Hilda had not expected this at all and she could only wince in pain as the side he'd pounced on was where the broken rib laid.

"YOU!" He growled allowing his face to be dangerously close to Hildas. "DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR THIS!?" He lifted a paw and smacked her hard on her face allowing his claws to scrape along side her pretty features. Blood rushed to the surface immediately on the face of a very shocked and surprised Hilda.

".. You're supposed to be dead last I checked." She was calm for just having the side of her face ripped in to by claws. Blood was pooling out the side of her face but she stared blankly up at the kirin lion. "I guess that was why things didn't turn out how I needed.. You were supposed to die."

Bast'ion lifted another paw and in anger slashed it across her front side being very careful not to go across the throat as Hilda had a long time ago. He didn't want her dead but it was hard to keep her alive right now. It was hard for him to see clearly with his revenge with in claws reach.

Hilda winced at the attack and decided it was best not to taunt the male who was clearly at the advantage right now. Her life was in his paws and right now those paws were covered in her blood.

"NOW." He put his paw down and leaned in once again close to her face, "You belong to me. If you put up a fight. I will injure you so bad that you won't be able to fight. I'll allow the vultures to finish you off and eat you alive... or any manner of creature. I don't care but if you put up a fight you will beg for death is that clear?" He was breaking everything he promised to Yhe right now but this was something he had to do. This was his mortal enemy and she couldn't be roaming free. There were things she needed to pay for.

Hilda looked up at the kirin lion, not an ounce of fear in her eyes, and nodded. Right now was not the time to test him. She wasn't sure where she would be taken to but there was no advantage to be had right now.

"Good. Pick up your herbs and follow me. We've got a long walk ahead of us."