Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Historical & Archived Events
=> [BOOTH] Psychological Help Stand (Day 7 open) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:33 pm
User ImagePsychological Help Stand
FOURTH YEAR RUNNING!

Post 1: Introduction and Tickets!

A simple but clean booth sits in a busy little corner of Bloodfest's winding passages. Well, clean except for the swarm of white cockroaches that seem to call it home! A redblood lounges behind the desk, watching trolls pass by with a nonchalant grin on her face. Noticing you, she beckons you over, brimming with cheerful mischief.

The booth promises insight. Do you dare to plumb the depths of your mind, and see what returns? Or ask for advice, that too. Or simply chat - the troll seems to be happy either way...

Ticket Winner List!

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:35 pm
Items!
And how you can get them!

“Always Available”

Assorted Candies
Assorted candies, mainly lollipops and mints (both mint flavored and not) in a wide array of hemospectrum themed colors!
(May grab whenever, however, whatever!)
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Cockroaches!!!
They're everywhere.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Business Card
They promise life advice, mental assistance, and a listening and interested ear for your problems.
(May grab whenever, however, whatever!)
User Image ???

Tickets!
Shiny, sparkly, tastes like possibility!
(Given out daily from the 3 main games via randomizer! Different activities stack! See first post for people eligible!)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Unlockable items require booth participation for you to use them! You could steal them, but why?

“Unlockables”

Daily Inkblot Pics:
Want some abstract art? Not terrified by the symbolism? You can have one of your very own!
(Must have done the Daily Inkblot at least once. New ones added per day – you do not have to do that day's inkblot to unlock it.)
See Inkblot post for all inkblots!

User Image
Origami Inkblot
Someone got bored and folded up an inkblot into a shape? Neat!
(Must have done the Daily Inkblot at least 3x times)

User ImageA brochure advertising the Civisect Rehabilitation center.
G]
(Must have posted to the Advice Wall at least once)

JROTC Brochure
A brochure advertising the JROTC.
User Image
(Must have posted to the Advice Wall at least Once)

Face Sticker!
It's a sticker of a face! It comes in several emotions and colors to add some FEELING to anything you want!
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
(Must have participated in a 'Food for Thought' at least once)

User Image
A copy of "Have a Thunk", a somewhat meandering comic made for the Rehab center about the inner life dramas of some random trolls. It's blantant advertising, but it's fun to read... at least you'll enjoy it for a few hours.
(Must have participated in a 'Food for Thought' at least 3x)

PLUS items are for the people who do a little bit extra. A few of these are customized to the troll, so keep that in mind!

“Unlockables PLUS!”

User Image
Eat your inkblot! Have a few inkblot themed lollipops. What flavor are they? You can't quite tell, it seems to be... whatever you want it to be.
(Participated in the Daily Inkblot for at least 6 days – an inkblot customized to look like your troll.)

User Image
A doll attached to a stand -- good practice for talking to a real person.
(Participated in the Advice Wall for at least 6 days – Customized to the bloodcolor of your troll)

Your Very Own Notebook
All your entries in your own personalized notebook, for safekeeping and future reference! Enjoy your insights!
(Participated in the inkblot, advice wall, and food for thought at least 5x total each)

Who has unlocked what (by user):

Current scores:
Purplerosesbeauty: Inkblot 6, food 6
Micillia: Inkblot 5, food 4, Advice 1
Melona-pan: Advice 1
Melancholies: Inkblot 2, advice 1, Food 1
Hobo Pixi: Inkblot 2, advice 2, food 2
Nepsah: Inkblot 6, advice 5, food 6
Buzzwolf: Inkblot 1, advice 1, food 1
Leon _a_darkangel: Advice 1, food 1
Doutei: Inkblot: 1, food: 1
Green Minuet: Inkblot 1, advice 1, food 1

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:36 pm
Inkblots!
What do you see?

Every day, Psykgi replaces the inkblot hanging at the back of her booth with a new one, and invites all comers to speculate on what it is. Just say what it looks like - there are no wrong answers. It is literally all in the eyes and the mind. Oh, and you can take copies of the inkblots home with you!

Have fun!

Today's Inkblot:
User Image

Past Inkblots:
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Participating in this activity gives you a chance to win a ticket!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:37 pm
Wall of Advice!
Get personal advice anonymously AND publically at the same time!

Post 3: Wall of Advice (Randomized ticket slot)

Does your troll need some help, but isn't ready to talk about it? Well, they're in luck – Psykgi has set up a bulletin board where you can ask your pressing life questions and get answers without anyone knowing who you are.

Write your questions, comments, unusual situations, whatever on a sheet of paper, stick it in the suggestion box, and the next day or so you will get an answer. Psykgi loves this sort of thing, so you are very likely to see your deeply personal question (or trolling question, she loves those too) up on the wall with an answer fairly quickly!
Sure, the question and the answer are public, on the billboard for everyone to see, but hey – no one's going to recognize your handwriting, right?
All Questions are Welcome!

Post the code below in the thread to post a question.
(Hemotyping optional).

[quote][align=center][b]I'm here for some advice![/b][/align]
[i]write your stuff here[/i][/quote]

Oh, and posting a question gives you a chance to win a ticket!

The Wall:
[quote]
Question
[list][size=11][color=#9b0100][i]Psykgi's answer[/i][/color][/size][/list][/quote][/quote]

Quote:

“My friend thinks I'm writing something important, but I'm just pretending. It's kind of fun to act like you have some great secret. Anyway, I think you have a fun booth! Your advice was really helpful. Thank you so much, and I hope you have a nice night!”
    Thank you! I hope you have a nice night, too!

Quote:

"My "family" hates the "family" my crush is from... Like they even want to kill eachother. What do i do?"
    If your lusus and your crush's lusus don't like each other, then it's probably a good idea to keep them apart. Or, you might have to auspice for a while, but it can be difficult to do that with lusii. My recommendation is to be careful, but don't let it stop you from following your pumpbiscuit.

Quote:

It seems foolish to keep putting yourself out there and hoping that it won't backfire. Is there a different way to deal with feeling betrayed that doesn't involve so much personal risk?
    You can stop putting yourself out there alltogether and become a hermit. You'd never be betrayed ever again, but why would you want to do that? Otherwise, you can protect yourself from being hurt by making it difficult to be hurt. Protect your openings, keep a secret here or there to fall back on, just in case. It might help calm you down, but being afraid of a friend like that is not, in my professional opinion, a healthy relationship. Putting measures in place to protect yourself may save your friendship, but you are only going to trust them like you used to if you put yourself out there and offer some trust in exchange...

Quote:

O How do you manage to carry so many trolls' burdens without it ever affecting you personally? It seems like a lot of work. I know I struggle with staying emotionally distant from other trolls' problems sometimes... O
    Oh gosh, I just do my best -- for everybody and myself. I keep myself as objective as possible, and that really helps.

Quote:

A while ago someone I considered a good friend threatened me in a way that was pretty severe. We have talked and I think that things are okay but I am having a very hard time letting it go. I don't know if I can really trust this friend again, but I want to. I think. Mostly I want to stop being angry about it.
    It's not easy to get over something like that: if it's not a normal part of your relationships, threats can really break your trust. But since you want to trust your friend, the possibility for trusting them again is there! It's a wonder what a troll can do if they put their mind to it!

Trust is like a muscle -- keep exercising it, and it will keep getting stronger. You may have to force it sometimes, but if you do, and they keep not giving you reasons not to trust them, you should find that it gets easier.

Quote:

My friend thinks I can't take care of myself. How can I change their mind?
    Depends on what they are worried about. For some situations, I would advise you to prove it to them.

If they think you can't defend yourself, I advise a sparring match over intentionally getting into a dangerous scenario -- plus, it will give your friend a first hand experience of your capabilities. If they think you can't hunt or cook on your own, make them a meal or take them out on a short trip.

Some people won't believe things that are right in front of them, though. If this is your friend, you just have to accept it -- don't worry about proving it. If they won't believe you, but you believe in yourself, that's what matters.

And hey, you've survived this far!

Quote:

Ever since I was little I've had a hard time not being busy, because when I'm not busy, I start to worry a lot. How do I stop worrying so much? I worry about everything. But it's mostly the future that I worry about.
    It depends on what your worried about. I find that being prepared for whatever you're worried about can help a lot, but if you can't prepare, then talking about your worries with a trusted friend (or a professional like myself!) can help you, either by helping you put those worries into perspective or putting your mind at ease. That said, being busy is good -- but taking some time to rest is always important.

Quote:

How do you find your purpose? Or joy in your lot in life, I guess. My lusus says that everyone has a purpose based on their hatching and mine is to be a worker, but I want to be more than that! I want to be important and not just a nameless face in the crowd. But... I know that I probably won't be. How do I accept that and be happy?
    You can be more than another face in the crowd, while also being a worker! That's what I'm doing -- I'm a redblood, so I support others, but I stand out by doing that support in a way that I'm passionate about (and that I think I'm pretty dang good at, not to toot my own horns too much!) If you have something that you are passionate about or good at, then that might just be the way to go -- you can work and be happy.

Quote:

How do I get my lazy lusus to exercise and lose weight?
    Take them walking, maybe? Or you can find something to motivate them to get up and moving. Not being an expert on lusus minds, the best motivation I can think of is... you? They are your lusus, after all.

Quote:

In my occupational field there is a lot of danger, so I am no stranger to trolls around me dying. My lusus passed away when I was young and so have a lot of trolls I grew up with. At the end of the night, I always considered those losses as an unavoidable and crucial contribution to part of a bigger picture rather than an outright loss, and it comforted me.
Then my matesprit died half a sweep ago, and that all changed. I don't know how to feel normal again or if I even can. How do I get over this? Is it even possible?
I don't want to replace him, I just don't want to feel like this anymore.
    The short answer, I'm sorry to say, is no. You will not probably never feel the same way that you did before.

Bonds like that do not break easy: Losing a quadrantmate, especially a matesprit, is like losing a piece of yourself. You'll survive. You'll heal. But it's still going to be there as a part of you, much like a large scar. It's going to tug at your skin, maybe flare up with pain when you least expect it, even when you think it's over. It's like a phantom limb, if you're familiar with that sensation -- that's how I've it's been described to me.

However, you can feel better with time. Again, like a scar or a prosthetic, you get used to moving with it. Finding things you enjoy, be they activities or people, can help -- they will help you get used to feeling positive feelings again, and will give you more good memories to... well, not bury your pain, but to dilute it somewhat.

You sound like you work very hard at your unnamed occupation, and are very dedicated to it, blood and spirit. This is commendable and vital to the proper functioning of society -- but if you can spare the time, take a rest. Take a while to rest. Do something that makes you feel good. If you don't have time, or keep putting off breaks for some later time... well, you need to make the time -- minds, like bodies, need rest to heal. It's tempting to work through your pain -- even, to drown out your pain with the intense focus of work. It hurts to stop. It also hurts to put disinfectant on wounds, and scabs itch tremendously, but that is a part of normal, healthy wound healing. The mind is not so different -- let the pain happen, and treat it well, and you will recover.

If you are having trouble doing this on your own, feel free to drop by the Civisect Rehab center. Talking with a professional in person can help you figure out how you, personally, can go about this.

Or, if you aren't comfortable with seeking official help for whatever reason, I suggest seeking out your moirail or a close friend to help pull you away from work. The trolls you work with -- and it sounds like your profession builds close-knit bonds -- may be willing to help, if you trust them and don't feel like it would damage your standing with them too much. If they were also affected by your matesprit's death, then you might find that they are hurting, too, and that you all need a bit of recreation time.

Either way, I wish you luck. And... well, I'm sorry for your loss.

Quote:

I have a friend and our opinions differ pretty extremely. Like, we're never going to see eye to eye on some pretty important issues and I know it. I feel like eventually there's going to be a pretty bad clash of interests, some huge, unavoidable confrontation. Should I give up on our friendship before it gets to that point? I think feelings are gonna get hurt either way.
    Friendship is not about agreeing all the time -- you aren't the same person, after all. Friendship is not about always seeing eye to eye, or about avoiding conflict altogether. Friendship, even friendships on the greyer side, are about support and compromise, and sometimes feelings get hurt in the process. It's a natural part of life and friendship. If you're not ready to weather a few storms, then you might want to ask yourself if you are ready for friendship at all?
    Still, I don't recommend giving up on your friendship. If it falls apart in conflict, then you get a similar result to giving up, but you also learn something about yourself in the process.
    But, if you manage to find a way to hold out, then you'll have an ally -- and trust me, that sort of thing? It's precious.

Quote:

How do I bring up to my red mate and friends that I want to expand our cafe and do catering?
    I don't know your mate -- You know best how they'll respond, whether they want some verbal acrobatics or a more direct method. But if you are in business with friends, you should definitely ask them straight out about your new business decision! They might agree! And, if they don't, well, you are already part of the way to a compromise.

Quote:

My friends seem really preoccupied with allowing oneself to rely on others in ways that seem like they could lead to a lot of trouble. One of them is really dead set on convincing me that its necessary to let others get really close. I can see why they think so, and I do care about them more than I care about anyone else... but I think they're talking about quadrants, not just friends. Not that I think they're insinuating anything with us, I think they just want me to open up to other people to a degree that I find frightening. Is that normal? Being scared? Or is it okay to not want to let anyone get that close?
    Being afraid of opening up emotionally and letting other trolls in is actually fairly normal. Many trolls learn, often from their lusus (but sometimes through experience) to close themselves off emotionally. Although this is a good protective strategy at times, other times you really do need to let people in... and if you're used to keeping other trolls at a distance, this can make you feel very vulnerable. Or sensitive. It gets easier to manage with practice.

It's okay to not want people to get close, but it doesn't sound like you don't want to. More that you are unsure about it. Obviously, I can't give you a proper analysis through a letter, but from the way you've phrased this... well, gosh, it sounds like you want to give it a try! Good on you: Relationships -- including and especially quadrants -- are very rewarding!

The solution I recommend is, if you feel up to it, letting them in gently, on your terms. They may not be as close as they want to be, but that is, frankly, their problem. Don't let them too far past your boundaries yet -- just bit by bit, as you're comfortable with. Pace yourself -- it's like a muscle, or a callous. You want to build it up.

As for relying on others... There is no shame in working together with others, but you definitely should be able to stand on your own sometimes, too.

Quote:

I know my morail is up to something dangerous, and I'm not sure if I should stop him or help him. I'm scared to do either, and I need to choose soon. Does this make me a bad friend?
    It does not make you a bad moirail or a bad friend --. Keep in mind that moiralliegiance is not about blindly following someone, it's about balance. Your uncertainty is a part of that balance, and that is fine.

It's going to be tricky to find the right way to go about your situation. Not knowing the trouble your moirail is in, I just need to say that the only hard and fast "rule" is that, if it's outright against the law and could get them severely punished, you should definitely stop your moirail if you can. It's the best thing you can do for them in that situation.

If you are not against what they are doing, but just feel that there is a different, less dangerous method that they should be using, you should try to get them to use that other method. If you really disagree with what they are doing (or why,) bring it up to them. They are your moirail, after all -- realizing that they are upsetting you might push them stop or change what they are doing. Otherwise, if you feel that you can, you should help them, either by backing them up or helping them in the aftermath.

Either way, the final decision is up to you and your pumpbiscuit.

Quote:

How exactly do you go about telling someone you admire, and respect immensely that you also have feelings for them? It seems easy enough to just say so directly, at least theoretically.

I, however, can't seem to muster up the courage, no matter how hard I try.

I fear if I wait...I'll somehow regret it, or lose my chance to say whats on my thinkpan. But what if I'm wrong? Perhaps by my asking, it makes things awkward? I've never been the best with sorting out the unknown. What would you suggest? Should I be forward, or wait and see how things develop? Be honest with me. I've known this troll my entire life it seems you see. Yet I still find myself hesitating.

I fear it's because of prior baggage holding me back, which perhaps is the most frustrating thing of all. Love in all its forms is strange and complicated suffice it to say.
    I'm always honest on my advice wall, don't worry! What I always tell my patients -- especially if I don't know the other troll -- is that you can't get an answer if you never ask. You can't change your relationship if you never tell them. If you're afraid to change your relationship, you should look at why -- why are you afraid? You've known this troll for your entire life. There are probably few trolls that know each other that well. So, what about changing the relationship is scaring you?

If it's a sense of losing some remnant of your childhood, that's understandable. Regrets, however, are far worse. You say you feel like you will regret it if you don't say anything... so you may as well say something. I assume you are pushing for quadrants, or want to, right?

This is much easier if you are feeling pale feelings, I think -- many close friendships evolve into moirallegiance and, chances are, they feel the same. In this case, act on it before you outright say it -- be there for them, let them know you are there for them, show you care. Then, when you tell them, it won't be a surprise.

If this is a flushed quadrant, this is going to be much trickier, especially if you knew them as a child. They might have never thought of you in that way -- though that doesn't mean that they won't. I would advise you to tread gently. Even if they prefer directness, I don't believe that you should go too far at first -- gauge how they respond to romantic overtures. You've built up a very stable relationship already, and you need to nudge it if you don't want it to become too intense all at once for the relationship to handle. I would say to take them on a date or two, maybe broach the subject here and there. Flirt. Show affection in whatever way works for you.

Do they respond well? Do they blush? Do they enjoy your company in that way? When you send signals, people will send them back -- and if you are getting positive signals, you should definitely broach the subject with them more directly. At that point, you've made room to ask. If not, then you might have to be happy with what you have.

Blackrom would be much the same, though with slightly different date types, signals, and flirting. Either way, "soften them up" before being direct, and they won't be taken off guard.

However, full disclosure, my specialty is not quadrants and if you are still uncertain, I advise you to seek out a professional specialized in quadrant management (we have several at the rehab center!) They can guide you through the tangled mess of feelings in ways that I cannot do on this wall.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Quote:

how do I understand what all these pictures are?
    I get this question every sweep! Inkblots themselves have no meaning - it is all in your mind. Whatever you think you see in the inkblots, even if you see it as just a bunch of ink on a page, is unique to you and to your mind. Enjoy it, or don't - that's up to you!

What do you do.. When you feel think you need help yet, you refuse to believe that you need it?

If you need help, you need it. If you refuse to believe that you need it, then you're not going to get it unless you have a really, really attuned moirail. There aren't many options at this point: A trained therapist might be able to convince you, or hypnosis, or again a very attuned moirail, but as long as you don't believe you need help, the only person who can help you is yourself. And gosh, how is that working out?

How are paintings significant to the theme of this booth?

Well, gosh, theres lots of reasons! When you look at a painting, especially an abstract one, most of what you're seeing is your own thinkpan, interpreting it for you! You can learn a lot about what's going on inside that head of yours from what you see in one of these! Isn't it incredible?

Previous Years

Quote:
What do you do if the troll you like doesn't notice that you like them, and likes someone else?
    I'm assuming this is quadrant level 'like', so it sounds like you need to send them some clear symbols about how you feel - flowers will work, talking to them about your feelings might work (and if you don't trust them enough for that, well, maybe you need to start looking elsewhere). Duelling the other troll over them is a very romantic and eye-catching option too (though it sometimes backfires in the pale quadrants, I hear from reliable sources). Really, though, what feels right for you? How much do you like them? How much do you want them to like you back? How do you feel about the other troll? Answer these questions for yourself and you'll probably see the answer right in front of you.

Quote:
how do you stop being stupid and be smart instead?
    Depends on if you're actually 'stupid'. You were smart enough to ask the question, weren't you? Trolls have strengths and weaknesses - maybe you're focussed too much on your weaknesses. That's not productive at all! What are your strengths? When you find those, you may be surprised at how smart you are when you look at yourself from that angle.
    More technically, though, studying helps you be more booksmart. Practice and training helps you be more survival-smart. People-watching helps you be more troll-smart. You can give those a try!

Quote:
how do you make someone who never smiles smile?
    Tricky question! It depends! What would they appreciate most? What makes them happy? Do it for them and see what happens. Keep in mind, of course, that with some trolls, they smile on the inside while scowling on the outside. And that will probably just have to do.

Quote:
I'm afraid of myself. I can't forget what happened and I'm scared of it happening again. What should I do?
    Which do you want advice on, being afraid of yourself, forgetting, the fear of it happening again, or how to prevent whatever it is from happening?
    Not knowing what 'it' is, and not wanting to assume too much and give you the wrong advice, I can't say very much in the way of specifics.
    However, if you want advice in forgetting, try to fill your time with other things and make new memories. Unfortunately, you may never forget it completely - the mind is tricky that way - but you will remember other things as well and that may help it lose some of it's power.
    If you're afraid of yourself... well gosh, that isn't going to get you anywhere. You don't need to be afraid, you need to be ready. My advice is make a plan for when 'it' happens. That way you have something to go to to prevent 'it'. Or, talk to someone who knows something about whatever is happening if that is appropriate. Maybe they can help!
    Sorry I can't give you something better - it's not an easy question!

Quote:
I was mutilated by a chance encounter and am having difficulty with dreams reliving the experience as well as occasional panic attacks when I am alone. Do you have any advice for pushing through the emotional trauma?
    Do you have a moirail you can go to? Or a trusted friend? If not, I'd recommend dropping by the Civisect Rehabilitation Center. Even if you have someone to talk to, I recommend dropping by anyway - there are resources there, and professionals that can help untangle things for you. My advice is not to try to handle this alone, not for too long - the panic attacks mean you need some support.

Quote:

Do you have any tips for doing business with highbloods?
    The biggest tip I can give you is to find some allies to support you and watch your back. Though, to be honest, that's good advice for life in general.

Quote:

How do you find a troll's weakness?
    There are many ways, but the standard method is to observe their behavior, be patient enough to let it appear on its own in context, and have corroborating sources who can confirm it. I feel like there are classes on this that get deeper into it.

Quote:

can you get good at a thing very quickly just by trying really really hard because i try very hard and do not get better fast enough
    It may not be as fast as you like, but compared to where you were when you started, you're probably already getting better at whatever you're trying to do. Having a tutor to work with you makes things go faster, I find.

Quote:

How do I stop being afraid?
    Without knowing the specifics, building up your confidence by practicing your skills and gaining competence. In ddition, confronting your fears systematically and head-on may help. There are professionals at the CRC that can help with that. However, in some situations, confrontation is not the best idea.

Quote:

how do you be less angry and more happy even though you want to be angry more
    Are you concerned that you're not assertive enough? You don't need to be angry to be assertive, and it might make you happier. If that's what you're after, try practicing in the mirror or at a training dummy. Or, if you have someone you trust not to attack you for it, practice with a friend. As for happiness... take care of yourself. Treat yourself when you do something you can be proud of. Do something you enjoy. That goes a long way towards happiness.

Quote:

How do you get over crushes that went bad?
    Put some space between you and them if possible, physical preferably, mental if not. Think about things other than them and focus on time consuming tasks for a while. They'll linger in your mind for a while, no matter what you do, but distance and focus should help weaken that... And you'll get stuff done, which isn't so bad!

Quote:

How many bricks could a brick-beast build, if brick-beasts built bricks?
    How many flickers could a flicker-beast flicker if flickering flickered it fully? Formerly, the answer was frankly four. Finally, it's five. }:]

Quote:

Will I one day be an entertainer?
    Sure! If you work hard enough and make the right friends. You should check out the Starlight Talent Agency - they have a booth at Bloodfest. Maybe you'll get discovered!

My partner called me useless. I think she's an overdramatic jerk but I still need her help. How to reconcile?

I think that depends on why she called you useless! Take a look at what she was expecting from you and figure it out from there. Generally, you're going to have, oh, two options for reconciliation: You can either give her what she was expecting from you before - a little late, but it's a gesture - Or you can do something eminently competent that shes not expecting you to do. Also a gesture. Or, alternatively, you can accept defeat and just apologize to her for whatever you failed to do. An apology is worth a lot.

I can't bring myself to trust anyone, I feel hopeless. What should I do?

It's healthy to be wary, but if you're too wary, it can get lonely. Complete trust is dangerous, but you don't need to trust someone completely to have trust in them. I recommend delegating your trust: trusting specific trolls about specific things that you know they will be reliable with. Try one thing to start, and then you can see if you can trust them for other things... or not. It might help.

What do painting supplies look like?

Well, gosh, I don't know much about painting supplies, but I'm guessing... Brushes? Paint? Water?

I joined a group but found a lot of animosity towards me and a friend of mine for stupid reasons. How do I get the group to stop being so hard on my friend? Not all of them are bad, just a handful.

Well, gosh. What did you do? Some people get hung up on reasons that seem stupid to us, but they feel are completely valid. You can't show them that the reasons aren't valid, but what you can do is show them that you are more than those reasons. This group of yours sounds pretty stubborn, so you might have to rub your good qualities in their faces a little, but the good news is once they get behind you, they probably aren't going to let you down: that's the double edged sword of stubborness!

What does it mean when a troll bats her eyes at, giggles a lot with, can't stop looking at, gets coffee with, and runs a booth with one specific troll? Oh and she seems to spend a lot of time outside those activities with them too, if that helps.
    Oh gosh! Sounds like textbook flushed flirting to me, but I could be wrong, it could be pale flirting. Either way, this 'specific troll' might have a quadrant on their hands!

Then how am I supposed to help myself if I'm the root of the problem? Hm? Right now I have limited options and therapy is not one of them.

If you are the root of the problem, the problem requires you to fix it. If you don't believe you can fix it, then you will stab yourself in the foot, metaphorically speaking, and it won't get fixed. If you feel you do have options, limited or no, what's keeping you from trying them? Fear? If you think they will help you, then try them.

I fear that I am too clingy to other trolls and am scared it will push them away. How do I balance giving them some privacy when I need constant affection and inclusion to feel happy? It's hard to let go of people I care greatly about!

If you really don't like to be alone, my advice would be to rotate your friends out - give some their space and privacy while you cling to others, and then switch them out. It gives them time to recover, you know?

One of my friends seems to forget things a lot. I'm not sure what to do about it since it's messed up plans before and hurt my feelings that he doesn't seem to know what I'm talking about. Do you think I should encourage him to seek medical help? Or is that none of my business?

I think that if it's interfered with you and your friend's friendship, it's totally within your business to suggest that he get help. It would also be within your rights to smack him, but it sounds like you prefer the other option. So go for it! Don't be surprised if he doesn't agree - it happens - but it sounds like professional help may be the way to go here.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:37 pm
Food for Thought!
Delve into the dark, troubling depths of your thinkpan.

Need some help understanding your rightful place in the world, the Empire, your life? Well, good news – this stand has questions to help guide your introspection.

Psykgi will put up a prompt a day, designed to shove some light into the innermost recesses of the thinkpan. The prompt must be answered in an introspective solo of at least 80 words (Though it can be more). Though she has a submission box, these don't have to be turned in... or even written down at all. The solo can be in the form of writing, internal musing, a conversation with a lusus, a conversation with themselves... whatever: as long as it is self focused, in character, and fulfills the prompt.

Post responses here (and quote draconicfeline) OR you may post the responses in your journal and post a link to them in the thread.
“Today's Prompt”
Where do you see yourself next sweep? How do you intend to get there?

Posting a response gives you a chance to win a ticket!

“Previous Prompts”

If you could take one moment in your life and re-live it in perfect detail (but not change anything) which moment would it be? Why? What makes this moment important to you?
When do you feel angry most often? What makes you feel angry?
When you want to learn and have fun at the same time, what activities do you end up drawn to?
What personality traits or behaviors does your lusus have that you wish you had?
When you think of your home city, what is the first thing that pops into your head? Do you feel like that thought relates to you? How?
Imagine that you have been given a very tasty sweet pastry, but you are not able to eat it yourself. Do you give it to your lusus, your friend, or a total stranger? Do you do something else with it? Why?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:38 pm
Spare!  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:16 pm
Ah, the beginning of bloodfest: Sure there were a few manufacturing delays on her prizes to iron out, but all in all, Psykgi was ready to go.

She stuck one of her softer prompt up on the board behind her, offered a honeyed toast piece to Ma'am, and waited...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:16 am
Gnash remembered this booth - always one of her favorites as Psygki had both candy AND bugs! "Psygki!" she called to the redblood. Her lusus loomed nearby, but not too close. Gnash looked at the inkblot, picking it up and examining it. "It is sort of as if it is an underwater picture and there are bubbles bubbling up to the surface of the water I have seen things like this before when I am underneath the water and blowing bubbles just like that."

Gnash paused. "This one is very nice Psygki," she said, beaming. She looked over to the food for thought and frowned deeply, her mouth contorting in an ugly scowl, glancing at her lusus. Of course they would ask this of her. Was there any trait her lusus didn't desire of her that she was failing to meet expectations for? To be stronger, smarter, to be a leader? It was impossible for her. She was too stupid, she was weak, she was a failure. It was as if there was nothing Gnash could do right by her lusus, nothing that didn't get her hurt and made her feel bad.

She grabbed a peppermint and stormed off.
DraconicFeline

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:40 am
Static Charge

Inkblots!
Static saluted the redblood. He had come to this one specifically to see Psykgi. She had been a wonderful leading captain and he was happy to see more of her. "Inkblots, cool." He said as he moved to look at today’s picture. At first, it was just odd shapes, swimming in black. The blueblood looked at it longer, squinting. Was that... "Those mutant gerbils..." the boy muttered, his face going pale. It drew back memories of zombies, life and death, horrific mutated beasts, mostly in gerbil form.

Food for Thought
Static quickly looked away from the ink, and went to read the question Psykgi had given for trolls to answer. The blueblood clenched his jaw as a moorage of feelings surfaced in him. His lusus. He didn't want to think about that. He didn't want to think about him. Static glared at the question for a second before calming down enough to say "Nothing."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:32 pm
There was one booth Byakko could recall seeing consistently the last few years she had observed Bloodfest. She had scoffed internally at it before- if you were weak enough to need assistance with such things, why would you do it so impersonally?- but now, she actively sought it out. The anonymity was safe.
There was no one to talk to about these things anymore, no one that she could show weakness to.
She was prepared- her question had been written out a week prior. Byakko had been careful to ensure that it couldn't be linked back to her. Hemoanonymous with generic government issued stationary and vague language. She'd even used a typewriter to entirely do away with the possibility of her handwriting being recognized, no matter how excellent her ability to change styles.
She really, really hoped this paid off. She was desperate, even.
Byakko, donning her redblooded disguise, slipped nonchalantly over to the Wall of Advice box. She was composed. She casual. She was 'chill'. Depositing the letter as if it was the most normal thing in the world, Byakko nodded to herself then began to head back to Cynril's booth.
Inside, her stomach cramped- it was better than feeling empty, she supposed. Her clammy hands trembled as she lowered them to her sides.
Then she saw him. He was a stranger in a crowd- and yet, his hue and scars rang so familiar he practically jumped out at her. Byakko's jaw immediately clenched, and she hurried off back to her charge without another moment's delay.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Quote:
I'm here for some advice!

In my occupational field there is a lot of danger, so I am no stranger to trolls around me dying. My lusus passed away when I was young and so have a lot of trolls I grew up with. At the end of the night, I always considered those losses as an unavoidable and crucial contribution to part of a bigger picture rather than an outright loss, and it comforted me.
Then my matesprit died half a sweep ago, and that all changed. I don't know how to feel normal again or if I even can. How do I get over this? Is it even possible?
I don't want to replace him, I just don't want to feel like this anymore.

Micillia
not rly tag but brief mention

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:55 pm
    Bloodfest! Bloodfest. Trusci loved Bloodfest, because it let her get away with a small margin more of shenanigans when it came to passing up higher castes. That aside, the booths were fun. She gravitated naturally to this one because of the redblood attendant, but was pleasant surprised when she saw the whole spiel was a little deeper than mini games. Sure. Why not.

"Hmm..." She studied the inkblot closely. "Kinda looks like... waves? Ocean waves." She nodded a little bit to herself, her arms making a little wiggly, wavey motion.

As she continued to study it, something else caught her eye. There wasn't a steady stream of them, but a few trolls had come by to deposit slips of paper into an advice receptacle. Hm. Trusci usually didn't like to ask for advice, but she also didn't mind weighing opinions.

Well. Writing it was a little bit of a mood killer.

Quote:

I have a friend and our opinions differ pretty extremely. Like, we're never going to see eye to eye on some pretty important issues and I know it. I feel like eventually there's going to be a pretty bad clash of interests, some huge, unavoidable confrontation. Should I give up on our friendship before it gets to that point? I think feelings are gonna get hurt either way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:53 pm
Inkbots + Wall of advice

Eilidh made her way to an odd looking booth. Bloodfest was one of her favorite festivals because of the uniqueness of all the booths she could see. As much fun as it had been last sweep, things had been so crazy recently that she was glad that they decided against a booth this sweep.

The tealblood inspected the...inkblot? She read over the instruction, curious as to what it was. She was supposed to say what she saw? Okay, that shouldn't be too hard... right? She tilted her head some, trying to figure out what it was that she really saw. She bit her lip as it gave minor flash backs of the space race, taking a slow breath... "Looks like rocks." She murmured, lying to herself. She then moved to the next thing that looked interesting in the booth, advice. It couldn't hurt, could it?

There was one thing she had been wanting to ask Xavier, Nucleo and Amonee about but she was too shy. Of course they all needed to do some growing and now wasn't the time but it was still something she was considering in her future. With a shy smiled, she moved to write her question onto the paper then dropped it into the box. She'd come by tomorrow to check for an answer.

Quote:

How do I bring up to my red mate and friends that I want to expand our cafe and do catering?

Food for Thought

With that taken care of and settled, Eilidh went to leave before she say one last part of the booth. It was a Food for Thought prompt. As she looked at the prompt, she thought of Papa Bear. What traits or behaviors did he have that she wanted too? She giggled a bit. These days, her lusus was a lazy fatty that enjoyed the company of her red mate's lusus. Her and Xavier tease the two about being lovers because of their bond. A soft smile crossed her face as she thought of her papa bear when she was younger. Even now, she still looked up to him and loved him with all her pump biscuit. If she had to pick a trait from him, it'd be his laid back attitude. He was always so relaxed and calm even when everything was going wrong... She wished she could do that but she was a worry wart and constantly worried that something was going to go wrong! Eilidh smiled as she wrote her answer down and dropped the paper in the box, she'd have to go home and visit Papa Bear soon.

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:57 pm

Inkblot
Deimos had seen this booth before, but was still too put-off by the idea to consider approaching. This time though... This time curiosity got the better of him. He stepped up to the booth, squinting at the displays. The inkblot thing seemed pretty interesting at least. He examined it for a moment before shrugging. "Looks like a meteor shower to me." Sort of. Maybe if he really stared at it. But doing that risked the image moving.

Wall of Advice
The next thing seemed... interesting enough. Admittedly, he didn't ask for advice all that often and when he did it was pretty much from maybe 3 people. And sometimes, it just didn't feel okay to ask any of them things - especially since they all had their own stuff going on and maybe they were biased in their own ways... This might be a good way to get some uninvolved insight on some things that bothered him. Yeah...

He just.. had to make sure no one could see it was him writing.

Quote:

My friends seem really preoccupied with allowing oneself to rely on others in ways that seem like they could lead to a lot of trouble. One of them is really dead set on convincing me that its necessary to let others get really close. I can see why they think so, and I do care about them more than I care about anyone else... but I think they're talking about quadrants, not just friends. Not that I think they're insinuating anything with us, I think they just want me to open up to other people to a degree that I find frightening. Is that normal? Being scared? Or is it okay to not want to let anyone get that close?

Eugh, that felt awful to write even if there wasn't a way to trace it back to him. Deimos shoved it into the suggestion box before he could chicken out. Welp... that was done.

Food for Thought
In need of a distraction, he settled on to the last "activity" at the booth. Honestly- the whole pro-Empire thing was a bit skeevy but he'd take anything to get his mind off of the previous subject. It... was just his luck that it was another personal thing. Honestly, what did he expect?

The question was a good one he guessed. What did Thypion want from him, anyway? He spared a glance back at his lusus, who was patiently waiting some feet away. Well, he seemed patient. Or was he just tired? Thypion probably wished he could sleep like a normal troll, or something. Or maybe he wished he was more well behaved, or more eager to engage with other trolls. Honestly there was probably a lot of things Thypion wished he was more like. Great- this question was just depressing.

With a sigh, the shot the offending question a dirty look before turning to stomp off. He needed a distraction from his distraction at this point, geez.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:59 pm
User Image
Engrav Setlar

Quote:
Inkblots!

Engrav narrowed his eyes at the piece of paper hanging in the back of the booth. He took a second to really mull over it, turning the shapes over in his thinkpan. This kind of abstraction always made him nervous, made him think others were reading deep into his answers in ways he hadn't predicted. "I see raindrops," he said after a long pause "and the inverse fluid mechanic of sudden impact into a pool of still water. A ripple effect." What, in fact, would that say about him? Was his focus on physics here indicative of an inability to let go of his work, or a deep seated and nagging voice that told him he was in the wrong? What could be read from this, and what did he stand to gain if he represented himself and his thought correctly? "Or... actually... no. Meteors. And impacts. Travelling towards an unsuspecting planet. Fluid dynamics in this case are equally appropriate when then ground melts to molten slag on impact."

The inventor wasn't quite sure where that had come from, but it felt right to him. A sense of impending danger was certainly what he received from the random collection of blotches and splatters, even if objectively he knew these thoughts were simply his thinkpan's attempt to categorize randomness, impose pattern where there was none.

Shrugging, he slipped the rolled-up paper note he'd written earlier into the redblood's box.

Quote:

I know my morail is up to something dangerous, and I'm not sure if I should stop him or help him. I'm scared to do either, and I need to choose soon. Does this make me a bad friend?

The anonymity of it was helpful, but even so he'd been very careful to remove all traces of himself from the note. He'd borrowed a pen and written with his left hand, and been very careful to avoid any fingerprints or fibers that could give him away.

Quote:
Food for Thought

"Hmm?" the yellowblood asked, turning back to the redblood. "My lusus? Well, she, uh... I feel like I should say her memory. I'm always jealous of it. She remembers absolutely everything. But if I really had to choose something... it's the way she can reassure me. I feel calmer just being near her. She's... solid. If that makes sense. I don't have that."

The inventor cleared his chagrin tunnel, staring out into the snow. "I'd like that. I'd like to be able to do that. Just be there when someone needs me."  

Buzzwulf

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:09 am
    Forger Specie (Stryke Nvrmor)

Stryke had come dressed as Forger, although it was in the theme of a wintery guise. He had carefully handcrafted a hemotyped letter so not to reveal his identity. He had a few things on his mind..one, in particular, was nagging at him. He decided what did it hurt to put his thoughts out into the world? Social interaction for him was often times..awkward. At least outside of friendly conversation and banter. It was more for he personally, even the topic of quadrants and relationships made him uneasy.

In the face of danger and combat was one thing...he'd take that pressure and stress any day. But admitting his feelings? Now that was dangerous.

Stryke felt incredibly awkward as he dropped the letter in he had to admit. The last time he'd done this, he had been nearly half his current size and a young, naive child. He had to wonder, what would that bookworm say if he saw himself in the mirror then vs now? The thought made him smile as he moved away from the booth.

Quote:

How exactly do you go about telling someone you admire, and respect immensely that you also have feelings for them? It seems easy enough to just say so directly, at least theoretically.

I, however, can't seem to muster up the courage, no matter how hard I try.

I fear if I wait...I'll somehow regret it, or lose my chance to say what is on my thinkpan. But what if I'm wrong? Perhaps by my asking, it makes things awkward? I've never been the best with sorting out the unknown. What would you suggest? Should I be forward, or wait and see how things develop? Be honest with me. I've known this troll my entire life it seems you see. Yet I still find myself hesitating.

I fear it's because of prior baggage holding me back, which perhaps is the most frustrating thing of all. Love in all its forms is strange and complicated suffice it to say.

Food For Thought

Stryke came out of his musing just as he was about to leave the booth when he noticed the additional prompt. He had ignored the inkblot for the moment..he wasn't really interested in that mumbo jumbo. Studying the prompt, he felt an odd thud in his pump biscuit. His lusus...SkinkDad had always been a strange, but loving parent. The two had bonded when he had fought off Errade and her people when they came after the Phoenix Initiative all those sweeps ago. Stryke had still been a small child, who was in way over his head. That night had also been the first time Byakko had made him feel like he was important somehow..she'd purposely made sure he was fine despite her own trauma and issues to contend with.

Stryke had never actually been much of a fighter as a child. He had been quiet, restless, and short-tempered over the most trivial of things. His lusus was equally short-tempered and finicky..but what his lusus lacked, he made up for in his dedication. Stryke learned his tendencies of loyalty and devotion no matter the weather or storm from SkinkDad. The large lizard-like beast resided in Salamire Outpost now and acted as a watchful guard over the village. Stryke was still waiting for the day his lusus would leave him and find a new troll to raise...that day had not yet come. Rubbing his neck he realized he looked forward to seeing his Old Man..maybe he'd bring him home his favorite dried meats from a local vendor.

Dropping in his submission, Stryke couldn't help but smile as he quietly left the booth. He oddly felt like a weird weight had been lifted off his shoulders...he couldn't really describe it, but it was there all the same.

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff