Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[ p3: ticket ] First Aid Break (Adaline & Jules) (fin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:29 pm
Adaline wasn't entirely sure how she'd gotten roped into doing what was practically volunteer work for a company she sorta half had an internship at. Really, it was an utter miracle that they'd picked her resume considering the various short-term jobs she had.

It wasn't her fault that her attention wandered frequently. She was a millennial! That's just how her generation's brains worked!!!

Still, she had been sent over to one of the hospital locations to try and recruit some volunteers to help with the first aid stations for the convention that she guessed she was supposed be helping out at.

She didn't even remember saying yes but, like, it probably didn't matter long term. Adaline was here and she had a job to do. Sorta.

Whatever.

She approached the reception desk and leaned over. "Excuse me?"

ghouliboo
ding ding here's a ticket rp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:37 am

Jules didn't make a habit of working anything but the graveyard shift but every now and then a coworker found themselves in need and, being the bleeding heart that she sometimes was, she ended up agreeing to a shift swap.

In this particular instance, she agreed to pick up four additional hours so that Pete could make it to his child's recital. Extending her eight hour shift into a twelve wasn't exactly how Julianne wanted to spend her Wednesday night but it wasn't as if she had any other plans than to sit at home and read a book. Or steal energy. Or whatever.

She was busy charting the final comments of her latest discharge when a female voice caught her attention and drew blue eyes away from the computer screen.

"May I help you?"

She didn't look like any of the family members of the patients she was currently overseeing but that didn't mean that she wasn't a late arrival come to check in on a hurt friend or family member.

Nuxaz

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:02 am
Green eyes widened when the nurse lady greeted her and for a hot second Adaline's brain forgot what she was doing and she just started blankly before she glanced at her hands and remembered the forms that she pushed onto the counter and towards the lady.

"Hi," she blurted out because she needed to say something to not look like a total idiot. "Um, well, you see--" She forced herself to stop, close her eyes and take one deep breath before she tried again with more collected thoughts. "I'm here on the behalf of this company, Argent Industries? They used to be called, um, shoot, uh, Renegade Media I think? Anyway, I'm here on their behalf hoping to see if any registered nurses would be interested in volunteering some of their time for their upcoming convention?"

Everything came out in a rush of words, very few pauses between her sentences and when she finished she was beaming at the lady. "They offer meals and free tickets to volunteers. So, um, interested???"

ghouliboo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:38 am

Jules watched quietly as the young woman fumbled through her introduction. She didn't even bother to say her name - maybe she'd forgotten to, in her rush to remember who she was representing? There was no cordial formalities, no asking her how she was... just straight to the point word vomiting.

"A convention, hm?"

She took the first slip of paper from the offered stack and glanced over the fine print. The flyer looked professional enough, some big gathering by Argent Industries - she'd heard of Renegade Media from somewhere, hadn't she? - that looked to be booming with people, if it was anything like the conventions she'd seen on television.

"You'd probably do better by setting up an appointment with one of the nurse managers, to spread the word out."

Still....

"I think I may actually be available on the eighteenth. And free grub, you said?"

Not that she needed any sort of handout but a change of scenery might prove interesting enough.

Nuxaz

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:57 am
"Yeah!" Adaline said excitedly, mouth split into a wide grin that had her leaning forward when the lady took one of the papers.

She did, however, completely deflate when she was told that she probably needed to arrange a meeting with the nurse manager. "Oh. Really? Hrm." She screwed up her face, nose wrinkling.

The girl didn't exactly know how to go about doing that, she'd simply been given the forms, told to show up at one of the hospitals and see if she could get volunteers. "Can you like, help me do that?"

Adaline like, didn't even know how or where to begin, so she really, really hoped that the nice nurse lady would help her out.

And she did, totally, by basically volunteering and if she wasn't already leaning over the counter, Adaline would have collapsed against it in an over-dramatic way.

"Really???? Omigosh, that would be like, incredible. And yeah! They feed all of the volunteers and stuff. The good stuff, not just like cheap meat trays or whatever, real catering stuff." She let the papers rest on the counter and brought both of her hands together and shook them at the lady in a pleading manner. "Oh pretty please, it'll make this whole find some nurses thing waaaay easier."

ghouliboo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:18 pm
Jules couldn't help but giggle at the sight of the poor girl in front of her, who wrung her hands together in an almost praying motion as she begged and pleaded for her, a stranger, to help in an almost child-like fashion.

"Who could say no to some catered food? I might even be willing to take a meat tray over the stuff they serve us in the hospital cafeteria."

Sure, she had absolutely no idea what details entailed when it came time for a "convention" like this but she had a sneaky suspicion that her job for the event would be a figurative cakewalk compared to the tasks she performed nightly in the emergency room. Take care of passed out youth, hydrate those who were feeling dizzy and call an actual ambulance in the case of "extreme" medical attention.

Yeah, piece of catered cake.

Scribbling down her information on the form, she handed it back to the girl, along with a pen and a slip of blank scratch paper.

"If you leave your number here, I'll slide these on to the manager in the morning and see how she'd like to distribute them. But yes, go ahead and count me in, Miss...?"

Nuxaz
wrap us up, boo <3

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:14 am
Adaline was beyond grateful to the nice lady with mostly blonde hair and dark tips. Knowing that she wasn't going to have to go around asking every single person in the healthcare establishment if they were willing to volunteer some time was one hell of a bonus and she was stoked.

Beyond stoked, really.

She took the paper back eagerly and then hastily wrote a good number to be reached at before sliding papers back at the nurse lady.

"Oh!" She gasped, having completely spaced, or missed, or ignored, honestly, that she hadn't given a name. "Adaline!" She chirped, then rocked on her heel ready to bound away.

'Thanks so much again!!!" With that she waved and hurried out before the lady changed her mind.

ghouliboo
fin

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces