[PRP] justice league [ fisher + dehka

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:41 pm
Fisher didn't exactly think herself a champion of justice, considering how often she ducked her head out of situations that most people would intervene. It was easy enough to walk away if nothing too bad was going to come about it, and sometimes it made her a little angry at herself to think she'd taken the cowards path. Other times she reminded herself that it was all about self-preservation and a need to be in decent physical condition to, well, do anything. If she was hurt she couldn't work and honestly Fisher doubted the Weyr had much use for a candidate who couldn't pull their own weight.

So why exactly was it that she was standing over a figure on the ground with someone behind her? Why did her knuckles hurt, and why did she think that maybe, just maybe, she needed to grab the kid and run? So, on that line of thought, Fisher turned and reached for the wrist of the boy she maybe/maybe not just rescued out of a situation that was likely to escalate. Really, she hadn't expected the guy on the ground to go down with a single hit? Maybe he had a jaw made of glass, or maybe she hit harder than she thought?

"Um, I think it'd be best if we go. Can you move? Do you need me to carry you?" Fisher was starting to really hope that the guy on the ground would have enough shame (as most in HR seemed to) to not admit he'd been hit by a girl. Even if Fisher didn't look like a typical girl and WHATEVER they needed to move. "Let's go. Like now, like yesterday."

Tsunake
IF THIS IS NOT OKAY LEMME KNOW /screams into claws

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:44 pm
It was a fatal shortcoming of his, perhaps. He couldn't stand to see people in pain or hurt, and would throw himself into the line of fire if it meant sparing their feelings. Of course, that meant that the pain would turn on him.... and that wasn't something he was expecting either. The first hit knocked him off his feet, causing him to land hard on his back. Dehka wheezed soundlessly, winded even as he stared up at the sky. Pain bloomed in his cheek, sharp and hot, and he could feel tears threatening to fill his eyes. Ouch.

Before he could regain control of himself, someone was standing over him.... and seized his wrist, hauling him to his feet. Dehka was rubbing his own jaw, staring with wonder at the boy that... well, she had laid flat without apparently any trouble at all.

Big green eyes fixed upon his savior, a strong, masculine woman. He'd never seen someone so beautiful, he decided, and nodded shakily. "N-No, I can run! I'll cover you!" Strong as she might have been, Dehka would never let someone get hurt for his sake. If she decided to run alongside him though... well, he'd run as fast and hard as he could.

houllow
ur perfect shhh

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:07 pm
"Cover me with what? Get movin'!" The boy's words were downright ridiculous considering the situation he'd been in, and Fisher raised an eyebrow as she hustled away from the body on the ground. He'd come round eventually and she wanted to be as far away as possible, even if it meant she needed to lift her rescue into her arms and run with him. She likely could, he looked small enough, and once again the thought inside her mind of Weyrfolk being frail rushed forward. Perhaps they only bulked up once they became riders? Who knew.

When the pair was far enough away that no one could come looking for them, Fisher allowed herself a moment to stop and catch her breath. Her knuckles were throbbing from the impact against bone and her lungs were screaming for air. High Reaches was, as its name suggested, higher up and sometimes the thinner air did her no favors. Fisher did consider it a bit of extra training that would come in handy were she to return to sea level, so even though she was panting now in the future she'd be fine and dandy.

Her breathing steady, the teen looked towards the young man she'd somehow roped herself in to helping. "You okay? Your face is lookin' kinda red there."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:38 pm
With what? Dehka faltered at the question, scampering on Fisher's heels before he could dwell too long on it. She'd saved him from a particularly nasty beating, and he was more than grateful. Once they'd stopped running, the boy paused to gulp down air, trying to restore himself. "I-I'm fine!" He reassured her offering a wobbly smile before he could fully straighten up.

And, promptly, he bowed. "T-Thank you! I didn't mean for you to get involved but you... you saved me a lot of trouble." He'd been standing up for another Candidate who was being bullied, and though he'd fully expected to be beaten for it.... well, his unexpected savior had shown up to save the day.

"My name's Dehka... Thank you for saving me..."

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:08 pm
Now that they were out of risk of being caught and the kid had managed to catch his breath, Fisher turned to give him a better assessment. Small, soft spoken - the default for the Weyr, she assumed - but possessed of decent manners and knew when to say thanks. "No need to say thanks, I was just stickin' my nose in where it didn't belong." Even if he had good manners it seemed as though Fisher didn't, though perhaps her refusal to accept them had something to do with the faint pink that colored over her tanned nose. Compliments were rare and always caught her flat footed, but it wasn't as though she didn't appreciate them.

"Nice to meet ya though, Dehka, m'name's Fisher." Trying to shake off the awkward, the teen extended her hand down to the young man in a request to shake. Of course she couldn't help but notice how her hand looked like a giant mitt compared to his; shards, she could easily bench press him. Maybe if she asked he'd even let her? It could be really fun, and so Fisher tried to eyeball-weigh the kid with as much subtly as a wher looking at a wherry. "What were you even doin' in that situation? You don't exactly look like the fightin' type."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:27 pm
The humbleness of his savior was enough to make a smile flash across his face, and he instantly accepted the handshake. Her hands were almost as big as N'ori's... almost. Dehka tried not to shift when he noted her staring at him, internally wondering if he'd done something awkward again. The question made him start though--and a flush immediately tinged his freckled cheeks. "Oh! Oh, um... H-He was bullying some of the newer candidates, so..."

Some of the Weyrbred candidates resented these newcomers showing up now that not one, but two queens had taken flight. Dehka vehemently disagreed with such thinking. The more candidates there were, the more options the young dragons had! His foster father hadn't been born at the Weyr, and neither had he.

"I couldn't just sit there." He finished a little lamely, well aware that even his ears felt hot now.

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:03 pm
"Nice that you wanna help, but maybe you shouldn't write bills your body doesn't have the marks for." Fisher was still looking the boy up and down, amused at how quickly his expressions changed and how fast he seemed to blush and sputter. It was like watching a small animal, or something those girls at port who'd fawn over her dads when they came to offload their catch. Sometimes she thought they made those faces at her but whenever she looked they darted away. Port girls were weird but Weyrfolk weren't that much higher up on the list.

Still though, she had to respect someone who knew they weren't likely to do well yet still tried. There was something admirable about the desire to protect and defend, but in the end all she could think was it was pointless to risk your life in a situation that probably wouldn't end well. A dead body was no use to anyone....or at least, no use to a decent individual. Pern probably had sickos out there but she wasn't going to think about it.

Fisher continued on though, her fingers flexing on the hand that had made contact earlier. The knuckles were red and would likely bruise, preventing her from talking her way out of the situation were someone in power to come asking. "Still, you did good. Where you're from shouldn't matter near as much as what you're doin' here and all that other stuff they've been spoutin' off at us durin' lessons." She admittedly paid quite a bit of attention to the lectures, seeing as they'd be what kept her alive should a dragon ever look her way. Plus all that information would be fun to pass back to her dads upon her return. "Also I'm glad you got to him before I did; I doubt I'd have been able to let him off just by knockin' him down if it were me to start."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:02 pm
Ah-- The boy bit his lip at that, because her words made sense. He knew he wasn't a very large person (at least, hopefully, not yet), but trying to just sit back and let bullies push around the weak was just wrong. As Fisher flexed a hand, Dehka noted with slight alarm that she'd definitely scraped the skin off of her knuckles. "Y-Yeah, I think so too!" He affirmed, brightening. Kahbrohm probably would have said if that people weren't strong enough to defend themselves, it was their problem. Dehka... well, it was putting it mildly to say that they'd butted heads over the subject quite a few times.

"You're big enough that you could have done it!" He said seriously, both admiring and somber all at once. It was definitely meant to be a compliment. "Um. Did you want to get your hand wrapped up? That looks like it hurts..." And honestly, he was a little anxious about Fisher getting in trouble. It wasn't her fault! Dehka would make sure to jump in to defend her if the talk of punishment started to float around.

If she did get in trouble anyway, what if they told her she wasn't allowed to Stand? The thought sprang unbidden to his thoughts, and Dehka felt himself break out in a cold sweat. "But if I speak up, surely they'll understand. And they can let her be in the stands, so that if a dragon does hatch, there won't be a risk of it going Between." Unbeknownst to him, he'd started mumbling to himself, almost feverishly going through the scenario. It would be fine... right?

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:30 pm
"This?" Fisher looked at her knuckles. "This don't hurt, not really. I mean I gotta clean it 'cause the skin's broke and I don't wanna get sick, but I'm not in pain or nothin'." She'd been flexing to prevent the stiffness but apparently that had caused more worry than she'd anticipated. Comforting people or alleviating their fears was not something she was particularly good at considering her dads never were the type to do it either. Perhaps one or two of them at random times, but overall she'd been raised by men who thought fear was just a four letter word and not an actual emotion. "Also, what're you goin' on about? Me gettin' in trouble for what?"

His mumbling had taken Fisher off guard just a little, and her left eyebrow raised in strange concern. Had this Dehka kid taken too many hits to the head which was causing the mumbling, or was it something else? Had she made an error stepping in to help him? Granted he didn't look like he could take her in a fight with or without a weapon so there was no worry there, but it was still a bit off-putting. The way he spoke did show that he had some concern for her and so she couldn't be too weirded out, or at least she had to pretend not to be.

"Dontcha worry 'bout me, okay? I'm fine, an' likely will be. You should be more worried 'bout yourself, walkin' 'round sportin' those looks like you do."

Tsunake
sorry this took so long to reply to D: if you'd like to drop or continue please let me know!

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games