Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:18 pm
User Image

"So, have you talked to dad lately?"

A forward question from an ever forward Ta reached Mrjn's ears like a plague. She was aware of her daughter's need for attention and emotional tactics. They wouldn't work so easily on the older lioness. Mjrn had spent the better part of the past few years avoiding Tahka, to be completely honest she was fine if the two never spoke again... but she knew for the sake of her children they would end up needing to at some point.

She didn't hate him, Mjrn simply felt nothing for him. Her opinions never did matter when it came to Tahka. Not once in years they had spent together had he really asked her how she felt about anything, so why change the dynamic now?

"Ta, shut up." She laughed, sitting beside her brightly coated daughter. She felt pride in all of her offspring. Even those who left her, Mjrn was a mother through and through. Nothing would take that from her.

"Where is Taj today?" Her tone was soft, laced with a hint of curiosity as she rolled her shoulders laying beside her youngest daughter.

"Did he ever come home?"

"Naw, dad went to look for him. To bring him home kicking and screaming. He's been gone for a few days this time." Even at her age Ta loved to taddle on her brother. She should have been a mature hunter, elegant and deadly... but somewhere along the line Ta just missed the mark.

She was stuck in this strange place emotionally and still craved approval from her parents and siblings. She lived for gossip and bad behavior. In truth, she was still very much a cub at heart.

"I'm sure they will be back soon, Taj never leaves for long, he's a coward." She laughed, nuzzling her face into her mother's side.

"He isn't. Leaving home is a huge deal, even if for a little while... it takes a lot courage, you wouldn't understand." Her words were ice cold. Ta had no right to speak about things she herself had never experienced. Mjrn left home at a young age and never looked back. She understood the desire to be someplace else, yet, at the same time she never wanted anymore of her kids to leave her. it was a struggle she would most likely live with for the rest of her life.

"Let your father know I'd like to talk to him at some point, alright?"

"Sure thing." The two lay side by side under the blistering sun, it was a lazy afternoon but it felt good to be with family.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

With everything that had been happening between the pride's return and a certain dark lioness stealing away his attention, among other things, Azzan had been given the opportunity to spend precious little time with his family. He knew they had arrived - how could he not? But apart from a smile at a distance and a few spare words he had not really been given the opportunity to really spend any time with them.

That changed today.

"Come on," he said gently, coaxing, to the female that sauntered at his side, "that Shield said they were close by."

With the looming marriage on the horizon, postponed only because of the bizarre lights fluttering overhead, Azzan thought it high time that he really began focusing on his family. That didn't include only Chau and whatever fresh start they were giving one another but also the family of his own that had returned and devoted themselves, once again, to their lands. When the pair of lionesses came into view in the distance, he wondered at his mother for only the briefest of moments. These lands didn't mean much to her but she was here anyway; she was the most loyal lioness he could have ever asked for as a role model.

"Mom," he called at a distance, unable to help himself, "Ta!"

Pandorus Sphinx

Z o m b i k ii

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:17 am
User Image

Chau was not prepared for this.

The dark lioness was dragging her paws behind her betrothed, silver eyes staring into the distance without focus or reason. The female had heard Azzan’s voice reach her ears but admittedly had no idea what he had said; her mind was too busy running through every bad scenario that could play out in the next few moments. Each new disastrous thought making her heart beat a hair harder within her breast.

The once Rogue had never met a lover’s family; it was not how things worked in the wilderness she had called home for so long. Heck, she had never even met her own parents.

After a moment er attention drifted up to the male by her side, letting a soft but anxious expression cradle her face and consume her bright eyes. She knew she was not the girl anyone took home to meet their family - then again, up until very recently, she was not the girl who would not commit; to a pride nor a relationship. Ancestors, life was easier when she was unable to speak.

The lionesses ears flattened against her skull for a second as he beckoned the other women; before she stood as straight as she could manage. She was not going to ******** this up.

From a distance, she would have been hard-pressed to recognise the older female as Azzan’s mother, the colouration on them was so bizarrely different, though as they approached she started to look more and more like him. Ta, however, looked very similar to many in the royal family. Suddenly Chau felt like an overgrown cub, she felt so ridiculously experienced and young and the realisation that she was marrying into Ashiki’s brood was all too real. What was she doing?

“Are they as brooding and as serious as you are?” The smaller lioness leaned towards the male, her voice a little more than a whisper in his ear. “Even my charisma has its limits; charming three of you at the same time.” She exhaled in a huff, as if the very thought of such a task was exhausting. The joke put a smirk on her face, pretending to be braver than she was feeling.

Well, she could not possibly make a worse impression than she did with Azzan. “Hello.” She offered the two other women, her voice admittedly weaker than she wanted it to be. Ebbe would be proud; two seconds into the meeting and she had already identified three escape routes.

Pandorus Sphinx

Felyn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:41 pm
"Hello stranger." Mjrn chimed warmly, giving her son a welcoming smile. It had been a while since she had seen some of her children, in truth her coming back was so of secretive affair and at the time she didn't want to start drama between herself and Tahka. Good thing that time had passed. She had missed her son dearly. Ta and Taj came around often as did Kadaj when he was around, so she didn't have to worry about how they were doing in life. She worried about Azzan though. She had no idea what he was up to lately or what his life was all about. She hoped at least that he was happy. Mjrn wanted all of her children to be happy, no matter the cost. She did not believe in sacrificing happiness for duty, unlike Tahka she was a hopeless romantic at heart.

"You look well." Her voice was as loving as ever. As soon as she could she lifted herself from her spot beside her daughter and moved over to her son, nuzzling into him deeply. Though Tahaka was no longer her mate she was thankful for him for giving her such beautiful children. She was a proud mother through and though.

"I'm so glad you came to see me. I've missed you dearly." Her voice trailed off before her eyes noticed the darker lioness who had followed Azzan over. Strange, she didn't recognize this beauty. Mjrn smirked and pulled away from her son before speaking again.

"Oh, hello. Who is this lovely thing?" She was a little excited, to be honest. Was this a potential girlfriend? Or...? She wanted to ask a million questions but held them back, eagerly awaiting a response.

Ta on the other hand was not so polite and in seconds rushed her to bother, giving him a quick nuzzle of her own before spitting out without any hesitation. "Is this your mate? Mmm?" He had never brought a girl to visit mom before so this mist have been serious.

She was never one for respect or personal boundaries. This pissed her mother off constantly but it never seemed to slow Ta down. Her wild eyes flashed from side to side as she sized up Azzan and his female friend.

"I don't think I've ever had the pleasure." She smirked and pushed herself between her brother and Chau, making any space between them her new place. She was very interested in this new lioness. Her actions might have seemed a little strange if you didn't know her but this was Ta being friendly.  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:43 pm
Chau's small joke brought a small smile to his otherwise stoic face and though part of him wanted to dissuade her worries by telling her exactly what to expect of the two females that they were quickly approaching, the other part of him knew that she would have her answer in moments. Neither his mother nor his sister were particularly careful of personal boundaries even if they approached them with very different angles.

"I've missed you more," he murmured against the top of her dark skull as he let his cheek fall to lay against it. It only made him laugh under his breath as Ta gave him a brief, fly by echo of the same motion and then quickly slid to sit between himself and the dark lioness he knew who would have hidden herself against his body given the chance.

"Mother, Ta, this is Chau." He let his mismatched eyes find his lover over the heads of the two other females and all of the affection he held for her was written clearly across his face. He had always been a male that put duty about all else - the steadfast sentinel, guarding their lands until they were ready to reclaim them. His mother would have been thankful had she known that it was only Chau that had led him to see the world a little differently..

"We are to be wed by week's end, yes."

Pandorus Sphinx

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:10 am
Admittedly, Chau felt jealousy bubble in her gut and the revelation surprised her. The dark lioness had never known her own mother, never known that loving touch nor the sound of her voice. It made her heart ache but in the same breath, she was so happy. for Azzan. Her mate had a mother who loved him, her pride and affection were clearly painted across her face, in her body language and in the way she nuzzled into him. The sight of them holding each other brought a smile onto her face, pale eyes drifting away for a moment.

She felt like she was intruding on something private.

Her attention snapped back when she was addressed by the dark lady; lovely? Under her black pelt, she felt her skin flush. Her body instinctively drifted closer to the male as if he would protect her from the compliment; but the space was taken. Chau almost bumped into his sister before straightening herself and clearing her throat; all the time backing away a few steps and pretending she had not almost sandwiched Ta between them.

“No, we haven’t. I have been looking forward to finally meeting you.” Her service to Katiti meant that Chausika, for the most part, had been a part of a very small social circle. Despite being a part of the pride for a while; she was not a familiar face to many. Her eyes drifted between the sister and the mother, wondering if they knew who she was at all; about her punishment? Panic resonated in her breast for a moment, but then she remembered Azzan’s words.

The debt had been repaid, there was no reason to give it anymore thought.

It was hard to remain focused with how blunt and disarming her fiance was. The rusty male was never a creature that would beat around the bush. “Azzan.” His name was a cut off gasp on the exhale stuck in her throat, her eyes rising to meet his. The male’s face was looming above the women he was surrounded by so Chau was unable to miss the way he was looking at her.

She was sure the flush was visible then, black fur or not Chau looked nothing more than an overgrown cub with a crush. This was awful. “Y-yes. What he said.”

Pandorus Sphinx

Felyn

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:17 pm
Mjrn wasn't surprised by her son's forwardness at all. As much as she hated to say it, he got that from his father. It wasn't a bad trait to inherit at least. The older lioness smiled at her son's words and nodded her head softly. She was glad he had found someone to take as a mate, she was also proud that his bribe-to-be was of outsider blood. Mjrn was just like her at one point in time - it was never easy being from another place, trying to fit into to a already established family could feel very intimidating, so she would do her best to welcome Chau into her family with open arms.

"Well, this is something to celebrate." Her smile never faltered.

"Welcome to our family, Chau."

"Eh." Ta's tail danced wildly behind her as she circled Chau slowly, smirking under her breath. Something about her brother settling down before her bothered her more than she would admit. She hated feeling left out.

"Does father know?" I'm not sure he would approv-" Before Ta even had a chance to be catty Mjrn was on top of her, physically holding her youngest daughter down by the shoulder, her claws extending into Ta's pelt with little restraint. Mjrn wouldn't allow Ta to muddy this moment, not for her, not for her son, and most importantly not for Chau. She hissed under her breath as she rolled her jaws to Ta's ear and spoke, all of her weight now pinning her against the dirt.

"You will be respectful or you will leave." She was firm in her words, her eyes narrowed and focused. She would teach her daughter respect no matter how may years it took. Ta was too rude for her own good. Slowly Mjrn removed herself from above Ta, stepping back to allow her to stand once more.

"Fine, fine." Ta frowned as she rolled back to her paws, it was easy to tell how shamed she felt from the look on her face. She bit her lower lip and moved away from her brother and Chau, sitting a little off to the side now. Tiny claw marks could be seen on her shoulder, her mother wasn't one to mess around... not when it came to her cubs.

"But.... does father know?" She broke her own silence with an honest question, trying not to stir her mother's emotions again.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 pm
Even after all this time, his mother was as quick as a cobra. Azzan hadn't even got a smarmy remark out of his jowls before the dark, older lioness was on top of Ta and pinning her to the ground. It was hard for him to hide the small smirk that tugged at his maw as he watched it, in that moment he was every bit the bratty younger brother taking pleasure in watching mom discipline his sister.

With an odd dose of youth and mischief written across his features, he sat himself down calmly and made space for Chau to sit next to him. His family was strong and loyal but constantly at odds with one another - Outlanders did not settle their differences with catty remarks, even his rogue born lover had learned that by now.

"No," he said at last, letting his smirk fade to his passive soldier's mask as Ta got back to her feet and gathered up her injured pride, "I came here to tell mother first."

It wasn't that he did not care about his father, or that he did not want him to know, but he wanted Chau's first announcement to be with someone that would appreciate and adore her for marrying into their family and show that. His father and he were much too alike; it would be like a stone talking to a lump of clay. If he got so much as a grunt of appreciation it would be a long shot and that wasn't the reaction he wanted for her. He tossed Chau an easy smile at the thought, not at all distressed over her reactions.

"Chau can handle anything this family has to throw at her, I'm not worried about what anyone has to say. It can't go much worse than how I introduced myself."

He did laugh, then, low and easy.

Pandorus Sphinx

Z o m b i k ii

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:42 am
Azzan’s mother was not what the black female had expected and the dark lioness let out a sigh of relief escape her lungs. Just moments ago, Chau could not help but wonder and worry if Mjrn would be displeased with her son's choice, disappointed in her. Fears that seemed to be without cause or merit; given the kind welcome she had received from the older female. The meeting was going better than she could have hoped; at least until Ta opened her maw - and forcefully had it closed.

Mjrn’s discipline was swift and harsh and though taken back; Chau’s face remained unchanged, a lesson she had learned whilst serving Katiti. Though she was not as stoic as her rusty coloured mate, the once rogue had gained a decent poker face. Though, her sister-in-law’s words did cause her to raise a brow curiously. Her eyes drifted to her mate, who looked all too smug at the sight of his sister being scolded.

Every so often Azzan got this look about him; a youthful, rugged look that was so surprisingly handsome it made her stomach twist. Framed by a thick mane and strong features; he was noticing it more and more as of late. Now that his cold guard was slowly falling and she was getting to know him more and more.

It seemed that instead of worrying about the mother; her concern should have been with the father. A smile returned to her face as she tried her best not to linger on Ta’s embarrassment, instead, she pretended she had not noticed what had occurred at all. Instead, her mind wandered and she found herself thinking about her own, hypothetical, children and if she would ever raise a paw to them. She was not quite sure she would be very good at discipline; now when she herself, was so rebellious.

She shook her head; it was a topic that had never raised so far and thus not yet worth pondering. Instead, she instinctively moved to sit next to her mate when space opened up, her tail coming to rest around his hind legs as her head found his shoulder. “I don’t know about that, I remember thinking you were quite handsome, minus the scowl on your maw.” They did not have to linger on their meeting and how poorly it went. It was all in the past now.

Instead, her focus went back to the mother, silver eyes closed and her head, though still resting on the male; bowed respectfully.

“Thank you, I am honoured to become a part of your family line; and hopefully soon, we can continue it.”

Pandorus Sphinx

Felyn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:23 pm
The thought of grandcubs was exciting to the older female; she missed the days of Kutu and Tiah being small and needy. Her oldest son Kadaj had carried on the family name with his own cubs through out the years, yet not many of her other children had been so fruitful. None of them outside Kadaj had actually had cubs of their own, at least ones that lived in the Outlands still. The thought made her a little concerned for a brief moment, but she wouldn't let it linger for long. The news of this marriage and potential offspring was just the thing she needed to carry on her life here in a Pride she felt somewhat disconnect in. Her meaning had been stripped from her the day her youngest left home. So, Mjrn was thankful for her son and his bribe to be, extremely so.

The older lioness smiled and nodded, speaking with a soft voice. "I can see that. She already fits in well."

At the mention of the two's first meeting she laughed. Oh, the memories came flooding in to when he was born. She was proud of who he had become.

Mrjn wouldn't let her concerns about what Tahka would think cloud her thoughts for very long; he had no room to judge after all, he himself married outside of his family and Pride a long time ago.

"I am sure your father will be thrilled. I know we are." She was speaking for herself and Ta, despite her attitude she knew his sister was happy for him. Her green would wash away when she found a male she fancied. It would just take some time for that to happen, Mjrn was sure of it.

"Let us know when the ceremony will be, I would love to be with you both on the day of." She was hoping they would agree to it at least. She knew the ceremony would be very intimate and small, even so... she was his mother. She had some right to see him married off and happy.

Ta listened to her mother speak and sighed, looking off past Chau, her ears pinned back against her skull as she spoke again.

"You'll have to come meet our brothers sometime." Ta was the only female of the bunch that was still here in the Outlands, all of her other sisters had left a long time ago. So she was use to being the only female of the group, of this family. Maybe having Chau around would be a good thing, she sort of missed female companionship.

"Kadaj's kids are also good company. Kadaj is hit or miss - he can be a real hardass." She huffed.

"Oh!-" She stammered excitedly.

"You'll just love Sia, my older brother's mate." She was referencing Kadaj again.

"She's such a short-haired tornado, you'd get along with her." Ta was, in her own way trying to make Chau feel included in the family. Introducing her to some of them this was her way of showing care and effort. She didn't want Chau to feel excluded, it wasn't her intention to before. Ta was just tactless.

"It would be nice to have cubs around again." She added finally, smirking at her brother.  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:42 pm
If the women around him had been trying to make him feel out of place they had done a damnably good job now. At the mention, and continuous pressure, over cubs he felt the heat rise in his own face. He knew that Chau could be bold when she felt like it and his mother would eat up any opportunity to get her paws on a horde of grandcubs - he couldn't blame her. She had never been happier than when she'd her own batch of broodlings to dote upon.

"I'm sure.. there will be plenty of cubs around," he mumbled. If it weren't for the smile on his face it would have seemed he was uncomfortable at the notion of being a father but as he turned his mismatched eyes upon his to-be mate it was clear that this was simply a point of nervousness because he did not know how to handle these talks. If having a mate was something he had scarcely ever considered being plausible then his own cubs had most certainly been almost out of the question.

But now, with Chau..

He simply smiled at her and let his gaze drift back to his mother and sister.

"I wouldn't let you miss it for the world, mother. I'll go find dad and Kadaj and let them know and once we find a vessel we'll make sure you get the message of when to be there."

It was a whole new era for their family; maybe not everyone had come home, maybe not all of them were together, but enough of them were here in the lands that he was beginning to feel like his ancestors were smiling down upon him again. Soon they would have new blood to carry on their names and new claws to mold. At once, a wave of nostalgia overtook him and he stood so that he could press his cheek against his mother's affectionately.

"Thank you for coming home."

Because he knew, ultimately, that she did not always feel as if she belonged. He had taken her for granted, once. As he pulled away he even managed a soft smile for his sister.

"Both of you."

Pandorus Sphinx

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:47 pm
“Plenty? Oh good, you can carry them, then.” The words came out before she could stop them; with all of her anxiety melted away, the black female was starting to show signs of her true nature. Under dark fur, her skin turned pink as she looked away; wishing she could suck the words back down her throat. In the end, all she could do was laugh awkwardly - Azzan’s family were going to discover her true colours sooner or later, there was very little point in pretending to be a lady.

If he was happy to call a small, sassy rogue his mate; then she was proud to be one. Silver eyes followed the male as he doted on his mother, moved for a moment. She had not known what to expect - but it most certainly was not this. Chau had always known the Claw had a gentleness about him, hidden under all those scars and his stoic expression. Though if she had been told the tenderness he reserved for his family, even she would have found it hard to believe.

It was strange really; she had accepted his proposal without much thought, too caught up on a tide of feelings to process what was going on. Though in the days that followed, she found herself falling in love with him - and with each new discovery, she was becoming more certain of her choice.

The black lioness let her attention settle on Ta, smiling softly as she rolled off names that she did not know, but was soon to recognise as family. “Oh for sure. I have missed having brothers, honestly.” Though Chau rarely talked about her family or the life she lived before she arrived on the red sands; sometimes small snippets of the past slipped out of her maw. For a second she thought back to her adolescence and the two males that were once her soul comfort.

“You’re my first sister, though. I am very glad you are here; Ta.” She brought the conversation back rather quickly; like Ta herself, Chau was very excited to have female companionship that extended beyond Katiti. Silver eyes rolled to look at the oldest female now her son had stepped away from her; taking Azzan’s place to press her nose against Mjrn’s check in a quick ‘peck’. Chau was not reluctant to show affection towards females; especially one that she hoped she would one-day call mother.

“Do not worry. I will come and deliver your invitation personally.”

Pandorus Sphinx

Felyn

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:41 pm
If she wasn't sold on this union before she was now. Mjrn was full of delight, for once good news had greeted her with the most amazing gift: A new daughter and the prospect of future cubs. The day honestly wouldn't be able to get much better, yet she found herself lost within her son's smile - whisked away in the way he beamed at his bride. All she had ever wanted was to see her children succeed, to find happiness in life while they could, so this was a treasure indeed. A memory she would have with her for the rest of her days.

As the younger female came in for a nuzzle Mjrn closed her eyes and whispered softly into Chau's ear.

"Welcome home." Life would not always be kind nor would it be easy, but just for today she could say that it was perfect.

"We should be letting you two go. I am sure you both have a lot to do still. Please, don't be strangers." Her green eyes narrowed as she stood up and nuzzled them both once more, it was hard letting them go, yet she understood she had to. It was apart of being a mother.

Ta also stood up and smirked at "Don't be a stranger"; She wanted badly to see them both again, so she would hold them to it. The bright female stepped to the side, standing side by side with her mother as she bowed her head and smiled.

"Good luck." The family didn't have the best track record when it came to good fourtune, so Ta hoped that this marriage would go off without any issues. It was nice seeing her brother happy and it was even better meeting Chau, she would make for a good friend... a good sister, Ta knew it already.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:09 pm
Azzan watched his to-be-bride as she embraced his mother, saw the way the older female's eyes lit up with joy over the prospect of the once rogue bringing new cubs to Tahka's line. He never considered himself an overly emotional lion but here, watching his love and his family, he felt a sense of relief and pride swell through him.

Their family, as his sister already knew, had never quite gotten everything just right. They were creatures of bad luck and misfortune and it seemed almost too unlikely that he had found Chau. Perhaps it was simply a gift of the ancestors - who was he to question their will, after all?

"You aren't wrong," he said softly, leaning in to nuzzle first his mother and then his sister's cheek; they had a lot to do, family to speak with, arrangements to make.

"But we will be back - and we'll see you at the wedding, I promise."

With a charming, loving smile, he dipped his head to the ladies and took a few steps before turning to look at Chau, waiting for her.

Pandorus Sphinx

Z o m b i k ii

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:10 pm
Felyn

Pandorus Sphinx

For a breath Chau felt suspended in time, lost in her thoughts as the family said their goodbyes. The black lioness had not known what to expect from today, but it had most certainly not been this; a near perfect scene of stability and affection between kin. For a moment she let herself wonder - how different her mate would be if he had been able to follow them? If their blood had never parted ways? If he had not spent so many years in solitude.

The thought washed over her like a wave of anxiety, causing a pain so sharp in her chest that it was almost visible on her face. So many years, more mornings that she had seen her entire life. Silver eyes closed as she banished the guilt from her mind, cutting off the thread of thought as it pulled on her heartstrings.

The rogue bowed her head slightly as she watched the two women turn tail and go their separate ways, all too aware that Azzan had already started to drift away from her. Maybe they would see his father next? The male that everyone seemed to hold such concerns about. Though, still aglow from basking in the radiance of his mother, Chau found it near impossible to fear the father.

The Shield finally turned to follow him; taking a place by his side. She intended to become his permanent shadow; and the rusty male would never take another step alone if she could help it.

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games