Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Today was the day the student surpassed the master.

At just before sunrise the yellow female woke up and set off with one thing on her mind: Get a kill and bring it for breakfast. Nafasi wanted to show him that she'd heard everything he'd been telling her over the past week or so.

It didn't take her long to find her target, a heard of zebra not too far from their sleeping quarters. She'd already scoped them out yesterday and found out that there's an older, injured zebra that runs in the back with the slower babies. She wasn't going after foals today, oh no. That zebra that was injured was going down.

It took her two hours of stalking to get in the right position, and then she attacked.

Needless to say, she was now trying to drag a dead zebra to the den. It was so much larger than her, and it was heavy, but she was slowly moving it. A tug here, a tug there, and she had to constantly bark at vultures who tried to pick at her kill. So far no cats had come to investigate, or hyenas, so Nafasi thinks she's in the clear.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:52 am
Peppermint Coffee

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Sezulwini was still sleeping he had spent a great deal of time teaching her to survive in the rogue lands. She was an adept student and he had enjoyed his time with her, but there time was coming to an end and soon he would send her back to her people. He woke stretching his body to work out waking up into the dim cave life.

He saw that she was gone he hurried to find out why. Had she returned to her pack without telling him? He caught her scent and found her dragging a very large kill. He grinned pride shining in his eyes.

"I see you have graduated from my lessons, you are ready to return to your home." His words felt bittersweet. He didn't think he was made for a pack, but she was and she needed to return to her people. So they would have to enjoy the time they had together and then she would move on with her life.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:05 pm
His words were bittersweet. The self satisfaction Nafasi felt deflated like a popped balloon and she watched the male with her ears back a little. She knew he was right, that she should return, but she liked learning with him. He could offer her so many more experiences out here. What was it like in the winter? What was it like with intense heat?

"It's just breakfast," she said, trying to sound dismissive about it. "It's not... that impressive..."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:01 pm
Peppermint Coffee

Sezulwini smiled he wouldn't push this being a big deal that wasn't his way, he had said what he needed to say and they would have breakfast and do whatever else she wanted then he would send her home back to her people. Sezulwini didn't believe himself fit for a pack, so he didn't intend to follow her. He went to her to eat breakfast with her. If this was the end of their time together he didn't want it to be weird. He wanted this to be a happy time, Nafasi once could not even walk quietly enough to take down a tiny gazelle and now she was taking down zebra by herself. He wasn't sure what else to say and though he tried to not let the tension shown in his stance he knew he would still miss his student when she left him.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:26 am
He'd said nothing and her ears sort of drooped. Maybe he was already tired of her? Nafasi was kind of a baby about things. She really didn't like to get bloody, didn't like to get muddy. She couldn't sleep on anything that wasn't soft. The yellow female seemed so helpless. It would drive anyone away wouldn't it? Sitting down, she sulked a little and let out a hard sigh.

"Why aren't you saying anything? You tired of me? Ready for me to go back or something?"

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:36 am
Peppermint Coffee

It would have most likely been easier on him to lie to her and tell her that he was tired of her and wanted her to go back to her way of life, but he couldn't do that to her. He didn't have to heart to lie to her. "No I am not tired of you, but I will miss you when you go home, but that is where you belong with your family and I am not meant for the pack life, so now you have learned to survive you no longer need me to teach you." He said softly. He would not beg her to stay with him or allow her to cast away the life she was meant to have for the likes of him. He was a rogue that was the path he had been given and she was a pack member with a family who would miss her if she never returned.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:42 am
"You can come back with me!" Her eyes lit up at that. Nafasi looked at Sezulwini long and hard and nodded. "You can. We're always looking for new members.. You could... come teach the younger pups when they finally happen! You can help teach them how to hunt like you taught me."

At least she believed he could. Joining would be no issue, but she could probably set him up with his own rank as "Hunting Teacher" or something like that.

It would mean she'd have to actually talk to her mother but sometimes mom could be alright.

"Please..?"

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:48 am
Peppermint Coffee

Sezulwini was tempted to grant her wish, to return with her to her pack, but he was not made for that life so he shook his head, he had no words because any words he let out might lead to him losing his will to stay free and wander the land as he wished. It was hard to hear her begging him to go along back to her pack. He had thought this would be a gentle parting he did not think she would invite a rogue like him back to join her pack.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:54 am
Nafasi's face fell when he refused with just a shake of his head. Not even a word to her.

"Well," she said, trying to save face. She got to her paws and shrugged. "Enjoy you're breakfast then..."

Honestly it felt like he was trying to drive her away right now. It might not be the case, but that's what she was feeling since he was talking to her. Her blue eyes turned toward the direction she knew her pack to be, he'd taught her that much as well and then looked back one last time.

"...Until our paths cross again, I suppose."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:05 am
Peppermint Coffee

Sezulwini could say nothing anything he might say would shatter his resolve to let her go. This was how it had to be, he wouldn't ask her to stay with him and he could not bring himself to go with her. If she wanted to think of him as a heartless retch to make the parting easier perhaps that was for the best.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items