Nevada’s stage was set for the night and while there was no showings for the circus, she was excited to see that she had her own stage for a bit in Destiny city. Often the circus moved quickly through towns but a small branch settled here and she chose to settle as well.

And what a wonderful time it had been to settle. The winter nights of DC were chilly and crisp, and while she was much more a spring baby, she enjoyed the thrill and energy of holidays. They helped her channel into her act and dance, a boundless amount of excitement and wonder that made her show much more appealing to audiences.

Aerial silks were not a dying fad, but they were a more underappreciated circus act and often required more dangerous and crazy routines. Usually with talented partners or groups. She did not have partners or groups to perform with, so she sometimes settled for meeting with other talents.

Case in point, she had her eye on someone who she had seen passing through the circus work for various jobs. Solomon Knolls, as she discovered his name quite recently, was a interesting character. A stuntman with a thirst for the thrill and a cheerful demeanor that made it easy to talk to him. When she could. Luckily, she knew he was going to be around so she waited patiently until she saw him before making her way over to him.

“Excuse me Solomon?” She blinked innocently, “Do you mind helping me with something?”

-------------------

“You’re the only one who will go up there, can you just-”

Solomon held up a hand to interrupt the plea with an easygoing smile. “You don’t have to pull my leg, just give me the box and I’ll get up there just fine,” he insisted, taking the fairly small box in his arms before beginning the delightful task of navigating up a series of ladders and gangplanks up to perhaps the strangest storage area of any circus. It wasn’t that he was the only one who would head up there, but that most people who would were paid specifically to do so and Solomon……

Solomon just liked going up there.

He’d just come down from his little side trip when a brunette he knew in passing called out for him, turning his attention to the young woman with another of his smiles. “Of course, what can I do for you?” he asked, beckoning her closer.

-----------

Since he was already up and about around here, she laced delicate fingers together and smiled widely at him. As he beckoned her closer, she did move, almost invading his space easily.

“Hi, I don’t know if you remember me or my name, It’s Nevada-” She quickly added, “And I’m one of the Aerial silk performers. I’m actually having some trouble with one of my silks from the ceiling and I heard you like to go up high?” She gave a very mock frown, “I need help looping a third silk through my two but it takes someone else and I have no one who braves the heights.”

Green eyes and a smile beamed up at him though, “But I heard you like heights, can I enlist you for this silly little chore?” Besides, she bet that he could pull himself all the way up on those arms alone.

--------------------

“I know your name, but I appreciate you introducing yourself instead of making me sound like a creep for knowing it,” he admitted with a laugh. Would it have been creepy for a handsome man who semi-worked with you to know your name? Maybe. He was just covering his a**, really. “But you’ve heard right. I’m the man to send up for those tasks,” as he spoke, he looked up towards the ceiling, eyes darting about to seek out the loop that she was speaking about.

“So is the silk down here and I need to take it with me or is it up there and I just need to find it?”

----------------------

“Not creepy.” Ohhhhhhhhhh, warm little butterflies fluttered in her stomach because he knew her name which meant he knew her which meant he might be interested and Nevada thought he was super cute so any hints of interest were like….GO!

She moved over to the two already hanging loops, “You’ll climb this one.” She pointed to one directly across from her, “And I’ll do this one.” She pointed to hers and then pointed up, “I need it to loop through both of these loops since it’ll give me a easy swing when I perform.”

She hesitated, “How do you feel about racing to the top?” Why not make chores fun?

-------------------------

He looked up the loop, nodding slowly as Nevada explained the procedure. Just some climbing? Sounded easy enough. As she spoke, he untied his boots, pulling them off. “Don’t want to tear anything with these nasty beasties,” he explained as he stretched. She didn’t want him to go high, she wanted him to climb high, and that was a very different experience. Once he was certain he wouldn’t pull something, he gave the silk a testing tug, and then a nod.

Secure enough.

“A race, hmm?” he grinned at the suggestion, “and what does the winner get?”

---------

She hadn’t thought of prizes really, just had been thinking about to get him over for her to talk to more. Her fingers game up in a sort of L shape, cupping her chin as she thought about it. Then she brought her hand down and gently pat it in her other hands palm.

“If you beat me, I’ll listen to any request you got for an hour or so. And vice versa for me?” She smiled, “I’m off for the day really, was just getting some practice in with a new routine.” It was kind of like asking him on the date thing, except it also gave him a chance to ask if he beat her.

And she most definitely was aiming to win here.

“Is that fair?” She tugged at her own ribbon, “I’m down for anything you have suggestion wise handsome?”

------------

That was a very open-ended prize to be offered, and Solomon took a moment to fold his arms and pretend he was actually considering it. In truth, it was no contest. It was, after all, an offer to let him spend more time with a lovely stranger. “That will have to do, though don’t think I’ll go easy on you just because you’re very lovely,” he said with a sweeping mock-bow and a grin. Sounded like a date either way to him (though a very strange way to go about asking it).

“Count of three then?” he asked, tugging on the line of silk one more time and tilting his head at her.

--------------

Nevada was a strange kid, what could they say? A small grin spread on her face and she laughed. “I really like the flattery. Don’t think I’ll go easy on you because you’re handsome.” She liked how quickly he responded too, and knew that was a man that knew what he wanted. He didn’t seem like the type to mull over something, just do it and that was nice and exciting.

Especially since she could be that, or a hum hawer, and take her sweet time.

“1, 2-” She pulled on the silk, wrapping it around her hand. There was a sly smile sent his way. “3 Handsome” And she was off, pulling herself almost effortlessly.

-----------------

“I wouldn’t want you to.” he replied lightly before counting along with her. “1, 2, 3~”

His own ability to climb was nothing to sneeze at, though his bad knee did disagree with him a bit as he began to climb as well. Nevada had a bonus of climbing the silk more often, therefore it’s little nuances, namely in Solomon’s mind that it was a slightly slick fabric, came perhaps more easily to her. He simply compensated by making sure the fabric wrapped around his hand to give added support before he hoisted himself up any further.

Sliding back down would have been shameful and falling would have been disastrous, but Solomon wasn’t too worried about that.

Still, once the beam they were climbing to was within reach, he reached out to tap it; “Goal!” Now, where was she? He hadn’t exactly taken the opportunity to ogle, unfortunately.

-------------------

Nevada was swinging idly by when he reached the top, her green gaze lingering on his form on the way up.

“You got moving fast there cutie.” She smiled happily from her spot where she swung back and forth, looking up at him. She spun once and then climbed fully to the top where she touched the beam. “So, since you won….” She smiled and reached over, handing him the silk she carried up. “If you’ll tie that there.” She moved it closer to him, wrapping her hand around his silk and twirling around him.

He was no where near a partner level to make it seem majestic, but she did her best and rested her hands up on the loop, showing him how to tie it.

“Was it fun?”

------------------

“Well I did have decent motivation,” he replied as he balance his weight to take the silk from her and beginning to loop it around the loop of silk he had to work with as she maneuvered around him. His attention drifted briefly from the job he had at hand and down to watch her, humming with amusement. She certainly had a way with being up in the air, didn’t she?

He was jealous of times that were long past him now, though.

“It was. Perhaps not as fun as oh…” he leaned back on the silk, almost turning himself upside down as he held on by arms alone, “have you seen that little eatery around the corner? Has decent soup and sandwiches and it is cold enough to really appreciate the soup.”

----------

She continued to spin certainly around him, though she was careful to watch to make sure he didn’t fall. “We can go down now.” She slid down the silk in such a way that it looked like she was floating. As she did though a small faint blush played on her cheeks.

Asking her to food just like that. “I haven’t!” She actually offered, “I just came back from a extended tour of the us of a.” she untwirled from the ribbons, fixing her attire though she didn’t think it was food worthy. She looked at her floral leotard and tights before sneaking a bunch of her hair behind ear. “Soup sounds good.” She smiled up at him, “and a sandwich. It would do good to take a break.”

She looked down, “Oh but….” She paused, “Do you mind if I change? I can’t go about in the cold like this….” Although, she looked at him, she could probably snuggle all up to him. Gosh her crush was silly already.

----------------

“No? I stop by there fairly often. I mean, soup and sandwiches are basically the universal meal so they’re good all year round.” Not that it was his favorite thing in the world, but there was always something he could be content with. Less thinking.

He looked over at her when she mentioned needing to change, brows raising slightly. “I don’t know. I think that’s a good look, but I guess I don’t have a blanket or a nice coat to wrap you up in to keep you warm, so I can wait for you to get changed before we go.” Though it sounded less like he was ‘allowing’ it and more amused that she had asked at all.

Once the silk was properly settled, however, Solomon loosened his grip on the length he’d had climbed and began a rather fast slide back down to the ground, settling with an ‘oomph’ and a throb of pain and protest from his knee. Then, he looked up, ready to help her down if she was following suit.

-----------

She slid down as easily as water, but her foot tapped down with more gentleness then Solomon’s own. “Give me just a second there Handsome.” she looked at her chalked hands too, and then toddled off the stage. Her change was quick as she removed the skin tight clothes and replaced them with her looser….

Not date clothes. The old ratty sweatshirt and leggings that had seen better days and comfy ugg boots that she had for many years.

“Yeah I am kind of sorry about this!” She came back out, adjusting her bag with her materials and clothing and shoving her hands in the old sweatshirt.

“Um I would’ve been dressed better but you know….lazy clothes.” She looked at him sheepishly, “That doesn’t ruin sandwich and soups, does it?”

----------------

Solomon looked down at his own clothing at her inquiry - a t-shirt with a few too many holes around the seams, a pair of pants that had definitely seen better days, and his heavy boots. “If we have to look extra nice for food, I may have to change too and I’d be much slower. Have to go home for that. So I think next to me, nobody will judge.” he paused at the end of the sentence, mulling it in his mouth.

No, that didn’t sound right.

“You’d look fine even without me to compare to,” that was better. But with that, he offered her his arm and a smile. “Shall we?”

--------------

“Good choice and good point.” She snapped her fingers at him and smiled. He seemed so easy going, so her intial impression of him was really on point. He was nice and friendly and gosh darn cute and she was about it.

“I shouldn’t care about people judging anyways.” Right? She tried now to let that imagery of her show self disappear. She wasn’t always Nevada the Aerial silk performer.

She was also Nevada the girl, who just wanted to enjoy some time out in the world and have fun. Nineteen and young and ready to learn and grow. And also go on dates with really handsome men. Like Solomon.

“So on a scale of like 1 to How long have you been in destiny city?” She smiled over at him, “What made you settle for this kind of life?”

----------------

“Me? About two years now. A work injury put me down for over a year and while I’m still sometimes called to do what I do best, they do try to keep me on some what of a lower risk level…” he pulled a face that seemed to way exactly what he thought about ‘taking it easy’. “Hasn’t slowed me down much at all,” he added, in case that sort of comment would make Nevada nervous.

Still, with her arm linked in his, he was more than happy to lead the way as he spoke, pausing briefly to let his supervisor (who did seem to give an envious look that he was in such lovely company) know where he was heading before he continued out towards the sidewalk.

“So what got you started doing your Aerial Silk performances?” he inquired. “It doesn’t seem like something one just happens to fall into.”

------------------------

Her face did make something short of worry and panic that she had asked a question that could’ve potentially upset him, but since he didn’t seem that way and well...if his injury stopped him, she had yet to see it. She wondered if it was the will of his spirit of his body to just...not give up. She kept her arm linked with his, squeezing gently. “What doesn’t kill us-” She said with a soft smile.

As he did his rounds for saying goodbye, she also smiled at the supervisor before waving a sweet goodbye. Outside, with the crisp air hitting her, she made a small sound and scooted closer to Solomon to block the chill.

“You ever hear of the kids who run away to the circuses?” She looked up at him and then away, “I just happen to be an orphan who was skinny and pretty. You can make good money if you got talent. I was lucky cause my teacher adopted me and took me in and taught me everything I knew. She was a retired tightrope walker. I didn’t like the tight rope, it was boring.” She smiled, “I wanted something more...challenging. Thrilling. So I did aerial silks.” She puffed her chest. “And I’m pretty damn good now.”

-------------------

There was part of Solomon who thought that story sounded like the sort of thing that a mysterious lovely lady would say in a romance novel to sound mysterious and magical until the dark truth came in later and that their life was even more complicated than even that. It sounded fun.

“Usually only hear about that in movies, but it sounds like you’d need to have found something to run away from. Seems more like you ran to it, hmm?” he nudged her side with a smile, putting one hand over hers as she huddled up closer in the slight chill of the air. It wasn’t anything he couldn’t handle, at least, as she siphoned off his natural body heat. Destiny City was at least a little bit on the cool side compared to where he’d come from.

“Well, I’ll have to come see one of your performances, then. I can’t say my stuff is much to watch. I mean, I have my name in some credits, but nobody really notices the handsome man who drives fast cars and gets to participate in staged car chases.” he paused, “Though it’s really fun. I’m trying to keep my number of tickets down for this insurance term, though,” he added with a wink.

----

Nevada would’ve totally said it to sound like a mysterious woman from a romance novel but instead she settled for the truth. Sometimes it was less glamorous but she didn’t have to keep up the lies. She didn’t watch his face as much as she told the story of her time.

“I wish it was as exciting as something you’d find in the movies.” She sighed softly, even as she kept close to him. Solomon didn’t seem to mind her invasion of his space, which was a really big plus for her. She wouldn’t say she was clingy, but she could be annoying at times. His hand over hers was noted and welcomed, and earned a even softer smile. The small jolt of excitement spread from their fingertips through her body.

“I’d love that.” She looked over at him, her eyes widening. “You are a stuntman in movies.” She closed her eyes, “That is….” a small breath, “Exciting! I can only imagine the danger and thrill you face. It sucks you aren’t more appreciated or credited for your work. After all.” She frowned, “You keep the pushy haughty actors alive.” His wink made her all sorts of twitterpated. “Do you think I could come see that at some point?” She took a second, “And you’re better off causing trouble in Destiny City rather then keeping out of it.” She smiled at him, leaving it at that.

-------

“Oh, my name is in all of the credits. Just not my face,” he gestured with a hand at his face, then grinned. “Probably for the better - I’d probably find myself with all sorts of stalkers. Or maybe nobody would want to see any of the movies I was in,” he frowned - though it was comically overdramatic and clearly he wasn’t serious. “I guess Brad Pitt just has it over on me, even though he’s almost twice my age now…” he paused. “I mean, I think.”

Now he was wondering how old Brad Pitt was. It was likely he’d end up pulling his phone out over food to check for the sake of his sanity.

“You want to see my ride? I mean, I guess so. Maybe later I’ll drive you home if you have one for me to drive you to,” Solomon suggested, tapping one foot as he waited at a crossing light, eyes intently on both the lights and the signals. He thrummed thoughtfully, a deep throaty noise as he glanced both ways. Before much chance was given to ask - and any light was given a chance to change - Solomon scooped up Nevada and simply ran across the crosswalk, several cars laying on their horns in protest.

But he was laughing the entire way.

---------

“I’m going to start looking now, to see your name.” She winked at him. If his face though was in there well…”I think I’d have to fight so many fangirls just to meet you.” She sighed, “I’m honestly a terrible fighter.” She laughed at his comment though, “Brad Pitt isn’t my type, lucky for you!-” There was a pause, “I’m more of a George Clooney kind of girl. Sauve charm. Dashing silver fox…” She clasped her hand over her heart in mock twitterpation.

She quickly let her hand drop and blinked. “You have a whip, Handsome?” She smiled, “I’d love to see it. I have no inkling of engine information, but I am willing to learn.” She fluttered her eyelashes at him, “If it means I can see you again too.”

As they came to a stop, she was watching his antsy motions until she was scooped up, a small giggling yelp escaped and they were weaving through the crosswalk, her heart absolutely dropping and then speeding up again. “Solomon, SOLOMON, You dangerous man!” She couldn’t believe he had done that, as they came to the other side of the street, her arms clinging so tightly to his neck. “I swear to god, maybe a month of my life just dropped back there. You…” She shook her head, pulling back to look at him, in honestly no rush to be put down. “Living on all sorts of edge, aren’t you Handsome?”

----------

“And fantastic eyebrows,” Solomon noted as his own comment about George Clooney. Even if in some contexts those eyebrows would haunt his dreams. George Clooney should have never been cast as Batman and he’d remain firm on that opinion to anybody who wanted to fight him on it. Strangely, nobody ever had….

“Engine stuff is pretty boring - I mean, my ride does what I need it too and I know enough to boast it a bit in the right circles, but I’m not going to stop you at every Mustang to try and decode the VIN off of the windshield,” but he wasn’t saying he couldn’t do that. Simply that he suspected Nevada wouldn’t find it as enthralling as she was willing to pretend to be about it. Which was a cute notion, he’d admit. And not just because she was a cute girl still scooped up in his arms.

He looked down at her with a grin, continuing to walk while making no attempts to set her down again on her feet. Though it did earn him several looks from passerbys. It was simply of not large consequence if she walked or was carried at this moment. “Was that too much? I can’t promise I’ll tone it back, but I can at least warn you next time,” he suggested with a wink. “I practically am hanging off the side of the edge at this point.”

-----

A man who appreciates the finer things in life. Eyebrows. Her heart fluttered a bit, attraction firmly settling in her belly. She hadn’t known she could like someone so instantly as she had with Solomon. She would be sorely disappointed, she thought, if all they ended up being was friends. Something about that just made her want to appeal to him more. She hummed.

“Oh thank god.” She clutched her chest, “I was going to try, really try but I have not a single inkling of engine things, and if you stopped me at every car, I can only promise a true 50% of my brain power going to learning.” She tapped her head, “But I can enjoy rides in fancy cars, what can I say, I’m a sucker for shiny things and going fast.” curiously, she rested her hand on his face, as he continued walking down the street with her in his arms. She wasn’t bothered by passers by either, as well, there really wasn’t much that embarrassed the woman. Her living was being in front of people daily and performing.

She couldn’t say she was upset about being toted, she got to feel his body against hers. His arms were fantastically toned (though she knew that from when he climbed, but feeling it was better then seeing it) and his body was a bit more solid and firmer then her own. “No, I don’t think I need any warnings.” She smiled up at him, “It just got my body going.” She waited, debated on correcting that sentence but decided just to leave it open. “I think everyone needs some fun danger in their life.” It made them appreciate the fine things, Life was just too short to constantly follow the rules….wasn’t it? “I can’t say that I live on the edge, but I’ve teetered over once or twice.” She made another thoughtful hum sound, “I’d say if we got closer, you might being me straight over.”

---------------------

His brows lifted ever so slightly at her uncorrected sentence, but if there was something he thought about her choice of phrasing, Solomon left it to be. At least for now. “Well as long as my life on the edge doesn’t make you thrash with surprise, I guess I can leave you guessing,” he said with a wink. Solomon wasn’t the sort to be purposely mysterious, but being able to have to not worry so much on slowing his stride was nice.

It may have seemed improper for Solomon to keep carrying her even as they drew closer to the eaterie that had been their initial quest, but it didn’t stop him. Though he stood awkwardly at the pull-door of the establishment before leaning all of his weight onto one leg and using his other foot to jimmy the door open. The workers inside the store just watched Solomon with either guarded amusement, open amusement, or pure annoyance. If Solomon noticed, he didn’t say anything, instead standing with Nevada in his arms as he looked up at the menu.

“So what looks good to you? I’m probably just gonna get a half sandwich and some soup…” he admitted, “and it’s my treat so don’t worry about it.”

----------

“I love mysterious men.” Her eyelashes fluttered, “Please, keep me on my toes.” She had thought to offer being put down, especially as they came to the problem of the door. At first, she wiggled to sign that she would certainly get down now, and his arms were probably heavy with her weight, and she’d hate for him to remember that she was heavy on their first little date.

Solomon had other ideas, so as they entered the store, Nevada was absolutely beaming in delight and wonder at the man. Just simple amused and thrilled that he was...the way he was. To anybody in the store whose gaze lingered, she gave them small waves, giggles and winks. Haters gonna hate, but she was deeply amused.

A thoughtful hum escaped. “Your treat huh? Gosh handsome, I feel just like a princess.” She tapped her chin, looking at the menu before “The mediterranean mozzarella bean salad and a half sandwich sounds good to me! Want to trade bites? My salad for your soup?” She waggled eyebrows at him.

--------------------------------

“I think I could go for that,” if he was honest, beans weren’t really his thing on their own and he took a long time considering his options. “I think I’m going to get the cheesy potato and ham soup. That sounds real rib sticking,” and if he hadn’t been holding Nevada up, he would have thumped his ribs just to show that he clearly needed the meat on them.

He wasn’t half as impressive as the shirtless guys on TV after all.

Once he confirmed - and placed - their order, much to the odd looks of those behind the register, Solomon was more than content to pick out a booth, finally setting Nevada down in her seat before gently placing their number on the edge of the table. Ah, yes. That would count as his cardio for the day - running around with a pretty lady.

“How many people do you think I annoyed with that?” he asked with a grin, clearly not caring about the actual answer to it.

-----------

Since she was now free of the warm grasp (awww too bad, she already missed it), she slid comfortably into the part of the booth that wasn’t to far dipped in. Her hands coming over the table to rest on it and looking around. “If they’re annoyed, they’re haters and probably should get a handsome guy to carry them to a sandwich shop too.” She smiled brightly at him.

“Food.” She wasn’t like salivating, but she could smell the smells in the air and her stomach grumbled in response. Aerial silk required a lot of energy, so she just told herself that this was a good treat for the weekend shows. She could always go back to her minimal diet right? “I need to explore more of Destiny city. I need to get into some of the gyms or something too. I’ve heard there is pretty nice trails and rock climbing area’s too.”

She smiled at him, “Wanna go rock climbing with me some time?” Um asking for a second date? Totally.

-------------

“You don’t need more exercise if you’re already working hard at your silks, do you?” Solomon sounded genuinely curious. After all, there was no need to work out too much. After a certain point, it just became detrimental. Not that he had much room to talk about over working.

Still, his stomach did a similar song and dance as Nevada’s and he found himself looking longingly towards the prep area as well. Oh, it wouldn’t be too horrendously long. The poor staff wouldn’t come around to their little booth and find two skeletons rotted away after 10 minutes, right? “I can’t say I know much about the hiking trails, though. I mostly get in more trouble than I’m worth,” he grinned as he said this, as if somehow that was evidence of the statement enough. Yep. Solomon was absolute trouble.

Oh. Was she asking for a second date? He leaned onto the table thoughtfully at her question. “Will there be another race to the top?” he asked with a sly grin.

---------

“I like trouble, Handsome.” Nevada ran a hand through her hair and smiled at him, and mostly at his comment. “We’ll see, won’t we? I like to be on top after all.” Was there another meaning? She winked, just as food was set down in front of them and she breathed it in.

“It’s time Solomon.” She said dramatically, and with a serious face. “Let us partake in this fruit of gods.” She smiled and started to dig in, offering bites for him if he chose. Lunch date successful.

Now she just had to race him again for another one!

Demon_Pachabel
I posted the thing hue hue