Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Sadness Out to Sea (Iafri/F'ell+Dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:00 pm
A bright, sunny summer rest day, and Iafri wanted nothing more than to stay curled up in bed and have nothing to do with anything but the 'rest' part. She was really not in the mood for such a warm summer day, sand in her toes and bright sunlight in her eyes. The whole beach environment, to be honest, had never really grown on her, even two turns in. The sound of the water was nice, she would give it that, but she just wasn't a beach sort of person. She'd grown up wandering the northeastern regions of the Northern Continent, and even after Impressing had never gone much of anywhere outside of learning and practicing coordinates. Ruatha had been strange and exotic to her, and she'd only just started to get used to it when they'd transferred.

Western was...something else entirely, and would have been overwhelming even without taking into account being in a wing, having duties and obligations, fighting Thread. It was all a lot to adapt to, and Iafri really hadn't. She pretended that she had, and she functioned well enough and got by, but all the while nursed a persistent, lingering unease. People were just terribly frightening, and there were a lot of them in the Weyr, and most of the time she had no choice but to interact.

So on rest days? That was the last thing she wanted. Girofleth, however, disagreed that hiding was the best course of action. The easiest, yes, but not the best! Hers needed to get out, and make more friends, and make an honest effort to adjust. So the tiny green had guilted her rider out of her hut, and nosed the small, barefoot girl gently down the beach. It is a lovely day, she encouraged, And not too hot yet. It is the perfect time for a walk!

houllow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:49 pm
Sunshine and no Thread in the sky meant for happiness for a certain brown dragon. With his massive body painted nearly snout to tail-tip he walked along the shoreline, taking care to prevent the surf from touching any of the work that his rider had so lovingly placed upon him. He loved the decorations, he loved the feeling of water against his claws!! Today was such a wonderful day, and Teth made sure to constantly let F'ell know with every step they took along the beach.

I love you today. The brown leaned down and nuzzled his rider, who was zoning in and out as he debated a nap. Wing drills had the man exhausted, if only for dealing with people who didn't particularly seem to like him, and the warmth of the day was tempting him into a coma. You're so good to me, painting me!!! This is the best I've ever looked!! F'ell received a dragon kiss, and the teen laughed softly before trying to push the massive head away.

You love me every day, Teth, and you always look good. As if I'd do a bad paint job. Teth huffed and kissed F'ell again, this time putting too much force in it and actually knocking his rider down into the surf. F'ell wasn't hurt despite now being wet, and the dragon's eyes whirled yellow with apology.

Before he could say sorry though he jerked his head up, turning to look towards a pair fairly close by. Oh, oh!!! Someone's here, Mine!! I want to show them my painting! Can I go and say hello and show them my painting? F'ell started to reply but was talked over rather quickly. I am going to go!! I will tell them hi from you too!! Again, before the rider could say anything, his dragon was running off and bugling his greeting towards the new pair.

Hello! Hello!!!! Girofleth, hello!!!! He only knew the dragon's name, not her rider, and so he greeted her happily. And to yours too, hi!!! Hello!!!! I'm Teth, and look at my paintings!!! Mine drew on me!!

Meepfur

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:23 pm
It was, of course, impossible to miss that there was a giant brown not far off, but Iafri's gaze had slid away in the same moment it fell on him, regardless of the niggling curiosity that arose because he was painted - no, no, she was going to mind her own business, and walk along over here with her tiny green, with whom she would surely escape notice. So when the brown suddenly charged their way, bugling and exclaiming very enthusiastic greetings at them, Iafri was startled, to say the least. She let out a squeak and scuttled to the other side of her own dragon to peep out at the much, much larger fellow, eyes wide. She wasn't afraid of coming into any harm, no, that would be silly, but he was very sudden and very loud, and all the unexpected movement and noise was quite a lot for her.

Gentle amusement came off Girofleth in waves, her calm acceptance of the 'intrusion' standing in stark contrast to her rider, whom she nosed reassuringly...and nudged out a little at the same time. Hello, Teth. Your paintings look quite fetching on you, Yours is very talented indeed.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:32 pm
Teth beamed brightly down at the smaller dragon, his eyes all but glowing in his head as the color expressed his delight. Not only had he been greeted in return, but she had liked his paintings!! That meant she liked F'ell!!! Naturally it didn't and only a fool would rush to such conclusions, but Teth was hardly a thinker and therefore simply went on the best path open to him without so much as looking back. Thank you!!!! Mine had made a promise with me if we did good during Threadfall that he'd paint me and!!! I did very good!!!

Honestly F'ell would have likely painted his dragon entirely without having it to be a promise, but the young man had found long ago that using that particular phrase made his dragon work harder, or at least listen to instructions. The only issue that would come of it would be if he actually forgot, though Teth often prevented that from happening.

Is she yours??? Hello to you Girofleth's!!! Do you like my drawings too??? Mine can paint them on yours if you want!!! Teth seemed to gasp as if he just realized something, and he swung his head to look back in the distance. A small figure was approaching - F'ell, of course - and the gasp was repeated. He doesn't have his paints though. That's really sad, but I am happy!!! I can see you right now.

Meepfur
sorry this tag is really, really late on an older RP! if you'd like to drop or continue, please let me know!!

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:19 am
I am very happy for you. Promises kept are most important, and it is good that the results of yours are so pleasing to you, especially if it helps you to fly to the best of your abilities. The large, boisterous brown's enthusiasm was met with patience and gentleness. He was simple, but that did not make him any less a good or worthy dragon.

Iafri shrank back from the eagerness of the mental voice, much more used to Girofleth's gentle tones. Though the green tried to nudge her forward, the young woman clung stubbornly to her dragon, one hand wrapped around a delicate headknob. "H...Hello, Teth. Your drawings are v-very nice."

I do not think I am well-suited to being a canvas as you, dear Teth, though we do thank you for the offer.

houllow
I am happy to continue it!

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces