Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Gudina was still around the Stormborn boarder because he had made a promise to a new friend that he would be there for her in her time of need. She was brave and strong of heart. She refused to run away from the curse the pride was under. So he would be staying around and avoiding the other members of her pride for now. Unless he was willing to fight them and suffer along with her till the curse was lifted. He hoped it would be soon, he didn't want her to suffer starving no matter how much she ate and thirsty no matter how much she drank.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:30 pm
User Image
Usiri'njozi padded through the...rather impressively harsh terrain, wondering what had made the nearby pride choose to settle in such an (at least to all appearances) inhospitable landscape. His massive paws stirred the dust with each step, although the god moved easily in spite of his bulk.

Coming to the top of a small rise, his already half-lidded eyes narrowed slightly in curiosity as he spotted a dark pelted lion. Wings tucked comfortably at his sides, he made his way closer, curiosity drowsing with his usual half-asleep expression.

((OOC note: his passive ability makes beings around him more likely to feel sleepy, drowsy, etc, to whatever degree you might prefer xD))
Midnightglow18

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:50 pm
Vashtya

Gudina wasn't sure why his friend chose to live here either, but she and her people were brave and determined to do so and he knew she needed him as her friend to help her get through this dark time. So he was going to stay right where he could be near her and support her the best way he could think how. Gudina let out a yawn and he turned towards the purple and yellow god with his large black wings. "Greetings." Gudina said on another yawn and then said: "I'm Gudina and you are?" He asked in a polite tone. He was raised to treat gods like anyone else. He didn't worship them but he wasn't planning to ever insult a god either.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:29 pm
Close enough now to speak without having to raise his voice, Usiri smiled. "Greetings," he returned, his voice a low rumble, with the barest inclination of his head.

"I am Usiri'njozi...although I prefer Usiri." He replied, his own tone languid and casual. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Gudina." Tilting his head ever-so-slightly, he studied the lion before him for a moment before speaking again. "Are you one of the stormborn, or simply passing through, like I am?"
He hardly even paid attention to the lion's yawning; it was a common reaction when he spent time around mortals.

Midnightglow18

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:24 am
Vashtya

Gudina yawned again and smiled "Nice to meet you Usiri, I'm here to support a new friend, so I'm not a member, right now all I can do is be here for her." He said on another yawn. "I take it you're the god of sleep or something? I didn't feel this sleepy till you arrived." Gudina chuckled. "Ela is a Stormborn and her people are facing a horrible trial it would seem." His tone was angry he didn't like that she was suffering. He hated the idea that cubs and females were suffering. There wasn't anything he could do for her except to be there for support. "So you are just passing through?" He asked shaking his head from his dark thoughts of anger towards whatever force cursed the Stormborn.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:58 am
Usiri smiled wider in response, then inclined his head slightly at the lion's question. "Sleep is my realm, yes." This was said with a very soft, almost inaudible rumble of a laugh.

As Gudina continued speaking, Usiri's expression sobered. "That sounds unpleasant " he observed. "Do you know what happened?" He asked after a moment, curious as to what exactly was going on here, and whether this had been something the pride had brought upon itself (since they were not known for being the most peaceful of prides), or if it was simply terrible luck.

"I think so, yes." He replied. "Something pulled me from my....longtime slumber, and so I am reaquainting myself with things as I go." He said this easily, choosing not to mention that he suspected that whatever was going on in these lands had been a large part of what had woken him up.

"You mentioned you were staying close to support a friend...have you been around here for very long?" He asked, wondering what, if anything, Gudina knew about what exactly was going on here.

Midnightglow18

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:28 pm
Vashtya

Gudina chuckled being a mortal he would likely fall asleep if he spent too much time chatting with the god of sleep, but hey life was full of risks. "They are starving no matter how much they eat or drink they suffer, I'm not sure if it's a curse or one of the gods causing the problem." He said angrily that Eal was suffering and he couldn't save her. He could figure out how to join her pride though and stand alongside her. Gudina didn't really care if it was their fault or not, he firmly believed the cubs were not a fault and they suffered just as much as the adults. Eal lamented the sound of their cries driving her mad. Which was what had Gudina staying right where he was so he could be there for her. "I'm not sure how long I have been here a few weeks I suppose?" He had lost track of time and sleep as he wandered the storm born border. "How long have you been awake now?" He asked and then yawned again. Rubbing his paw across his eyes.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:00 pm
Listening attentively, Usiri frowned. That certainly didn't sound like a natural occurrence. While he was not one who enjoyed the suffering of others, he made less of a distinction than some might, between cubs and adult mortals - immortals had offspring too, so it wasn't that he didn't understand the love a parent might have for them, or how they represented hopes for the future - but to him, all mortals lived such short lives - their lives full of intensity, but so heartbreakingly brief...

If he was surprised to hear Gudina had been lingering around here for that long, his facial expression didn't show it. "I have only been here for a few days," he said, eyeing the mortal thoughtfully. Either his presence was more potent than he remembered, or Gudina had not been sleeping enough, for him to be yawning so deeply, so quickly. He could scale the effect back, if he really concentrated on it....but if he was right, the lion before him needed the rest.

"Do you feel the same effects as she does? And are the effects stronger at certain times than they are at others?"

Midnightglow18

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:23 pm
Vashtya

Gudina shook his head and then said "No it seems to only be their borders, but I want to figure out how to join her pride so I can better be there for her, if I do make it, I will try to come back and give you that information. From what she said it seems the suffering is never ending for young and old."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:47 pm
Usiri inclined his head slightly. "I wish you good luck, then - and I'm not sure how long I will be around, but if we cross paths again, I would be curious to hear more about it."

He was still on the fence as to how much it concerned him - especially if, as he suspected, it was a situation that was being created deliberately. If he were brutally honest with himself, he just hoped that the situation resolved itself soon, one way or the other.

"I should probably let you go on your way, then," he went on, tilting his head ever-so-slightly. "Thank you, though, for sharing what information that you had with me."
If nothing else, he felt like he had heard enough to know there was little he could do here, and it had him wondering if he wanted to linger much longer, or move on to somewhere else.

Midnightglow18

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:03 pm
Vashtya

Gudina yawned and nodded "Yes you are right, if I speak with you any longer I'm going to pass out." He nodded his head politely to the god and headed off on his way. Once he was a ways from Usiri he did pass out on the border unable to keep his eyes open any longer.

(Part of next part of his story so no rescue needed XD )

(Fin)  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff