Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:02 am
IC Summary |

The storms have stopped and it is now officially safe to frolic about out side the caverns. This is a time to be happy and enjoy the silver beaches with out being drenched once again.

This rp takes place during the evening and it would seem that the storms left a peace offering after so much rain. A glow, faint at first, is coming from the water and seems to be activated every time a wave touches shore. If a lion was to dip their paw in the water and wave it around they'd find they can cause a glowing effect.

What has happened that would be beyond the lions understanding is that the storm swept up a good deal of glowing mini jelly fish and plankton. This will be looked at as a blessing from the gods with little understanding of the science behind it. This will be believed to be a good Omen and the rest of the evening will be spent playing and celebrating.

OC Summary |

♦ This is a fun mini ORP

♦ No prize just RP.

♦ Regardless if people post in this ORP or not it will move forward. I'll be posting replies every few days until story is completed.

♦ Any Rank may join in.

♦ Characters I'll be using will be
    Meztli
    Tirion'Manu
    Arsene
    Jigen
    Bheka
    Fanya

RP Response |

Tirion'Manu had not spent as much time in the caverns since the rains had lifted and the sun now mostly graced their sky. The gray lion was happy for a chance to stretch his legs as much as possible so for the entire day and most of the evening he'd' been out and sprawled upon different areas of the beach. There had been something odd about the color of the water though as the skies got darker.

Glowing?

Mzetli also found her self out and about more often now that the rains had lifted. She'd been picking up seashells here and there with Bheka, a newer member, when she noticed the waters slowly change color. At first, she'd been sure her eyes were playing a trick on her but after Bheka opened his maw about it she was pretty sure.

"The waters.. Do they look weird to you?" Bheka tilted his head and pawed at the lapping waves.

"Oh thank god I'm not the only one..." Mzetli took a sigh of relief. "I really thought my vision had been effected from how long we were cooped up in those caverns.."

The two continued to chit chat about just that. Being cooped up in the caverns which was something Bheka had no point of reference for since he was a joiner after the storms.

A little down the beach there were two other new comers who had noticed the change in the water. Jigen and Arsene were emerging from one of the caverns many exits when they saw the blue glowing lapping waves. The two looked at each other and back at the water.

"...Huh.." Arsene tilted his head curiously. Jigen remained pretty quiet but he was clearly watching the waves as they lapped up on to the silver shores.

"Well I'll be. Even the waters are celebrating the fact we made it to the pride in once piece." There was a goofy grin on Arsenes maw and a snicker.

"Here I thought you might be pondering something smart only to have you cough up some self indulgent zebra scat." Jigen frowned. The two brothers continued their stroll down the silver beach allowing the waters to gently lap up on their paws as they strolled along.

Soon, the two brothers found them selves in the presence of Mzetli and Bheka and shortly there after Tirion'Manu was attracted to the gathering crowd. All five lions murmured about what exactly might be going on with the waves. It was Mzetli who finally spoke her opinion the loudest.

"This is definitely a blessing from the gods," She couldn't help but have a minor squeal at the ending of her conclusion.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kamau had spent a great deal of time patrolling rain or shine, he had a job to do and a pride to protect. He took his job very seriously. He was happy when the rain stopped and others were able to come out of the caverns to enjoy being outside and comfortable. Looking out at the glowing ocean was beautiful and he wished he had someone to share the moment with. He would just have to hope that this was a good omen and love would find him someday soon.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The sisters sat by the shore, their own light gaze watching the waves lap the shore. One pair of eyes widened, while the others narrowed as the faint glow that seemed to illuminate with each crash to shore.

"Look!" The younger sister squealed, dipping her paw in the water, a current of bioluminescence swirling in the current. "How neat is these! Lehlwa, do you know what they are?"

The lighter of the females shook her head. "I can't say that I have seen it before." She was more of an analytical lioness compared to her sister. Her light eyes focused on the gathering group. "Perhaps they know?"

Msimu nodded. "Let's go ask?"

"Or just listen in." She was also the more antisocial of the siblings as well. She preferred to stick to her work, instead of mingling.

"Don't be such a grump. C'mon!" Msimu had already started walking before her sister could counter. With a sigh, the light gray and white female followed quietly behind.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:19 pm
The crowd was growing around the spectacle of the glowing waves so the group opened up to welcome the new comers to get a closer look and to possibly socialize. Part of the group approached the lone Chavelier Kamau while the other part opened up to the two sisters.

Midnightglow18

User Image
Tirion'Manu had seen Kamau around the pride but hadn't properly interacted with the white lion before. He was the first to approach the pale lion with a friendly grin that some how seemed a little forgein on his maw.

"Hey," He began, "You're a Chevalier right?"

User Image
Meztli was standing beside Tirion'Manu but she was much less welcoming. It wasn't that she was a rude sort but her mind was else where trying to figure out exactly why the waves would glow in the way they were tonight. It was quite curious and she was doing her best to understand this phenomenon.

She had just excitedly exclaimed that this was a blessing from the gods and she was going to stand by that statement but she was trying to understand if there might be a deeper meaning than just the surface level. Her seer visions weren't giving her any clear answers let alone activating. Her visions were not something that worked at will after all.

"It's .. so confusing as to why we'd receive this now." She admitted.

"You JUST squealed about this being a blessing from the gods. We pretty much are in agreement on that." Tirion'Manu reminded her.

"Yeah.. . I suppose you're right we shouldn't question this too much."

KasaiLoki

User Image
It was actually Jigen who was first to intercept the two sisters and that wasn't fully by plan. He came face to face with Msimu and found him self at a loss of words. He had thought that Arsene was right beside him but right now, as he stood before the sisters, his brother was no where to be seen.

"..." Jigen was stiff.

User ImageUser Image

The reason for Arsenes delay was because Bheka had dropped a good deal of his shells when the three had started off towards the sisters and he had busily been trying to help the young shard to pick up his shells. Yes, there were two beautiful lionesses over which way and Arsene knew that Jigen wasn't the greatest with females but it was more important to help Bheka right now as far as the white blue male was concerned.

"Uh.. thanks," Bheka was quick to shove his shells in a make shift bag that hung around his neck. The materials weren't the best which was probably why the shells had fallen in the first place.

"It's great to be of help." Arsene assured Bheka but now that the shells were secured he was quick to leave Bheka behind in favor of joining Jigen. It was cruel to leave him alone with two females by him self.

"What Jigen means is hello. Are the two of you enjoying the glowing waves??" He flashed them both a confident yet goofy grin.

Jigen grumbled something about gods knew what but it was clearly aimed at his brother.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was fascinating to behold, that was for sure.

Renshu had started to hear the hubbub as he trailed his way to the shoreline after a long day indoors, but of all the things he'd been expecting, this wasn't it. With a wide-eyed blink, the lion stared at the glowing mass that had once been rolling waves and harsh winds.

"Ooooh, it's so pretty!"

By his feet, his orange and black companion was almost glowing as much as the sea itself in her excitement. Despite everyone saying that it was safe to go outside again, Ren had chosen to stay inside all day, driving poor Mangguo mad. No amount of cajoling from her would move him from his work. It was hunger that had finally done it, and she had never been so happy to hear his stomach growl.

She was pretty sure that he was planning on finding a meal and then heading back, but the second they'd stepped outside, the muttering had grown loud and after some pleading from her, he had relented and walked closer.

And oh, she was so glad he had. Whipping around to face him, Mangguo was practically wiggling in place, "Let's get closer! I want to play in it!"

Which of course earned her a concerned look. "We don't know if it's safe yet, Mangguo." But... he had to admit that he was curious to see it up close. He sighed and after a considering glance back at the glowing water, he started walking forward.

"We'll take a closer look, but I don't want you playing in it, okay?" Whether she heeded his words when they got there would remain to be seen. At least there were other people there, he thought wryly. If something went wrong, he wouldn't have to handle it alone.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:35 am
Alpaca Chobi
Kamau looked at the other lion he had seen Tirion'Manu in passing but he had not had a lot of time to chat and speak with the other lions of the pride. Which was something he needed to work on but it wasn't his strong suit. "Yes, and what job do you do?" His tone was firm and steady. He said what he needed to say and didn't like to say too much. He never felt it was necessary.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The rains had done well to hold captive a number of lions, that was the case with the youngster that would normally have run rampant through the pride. Mabaya wasn't without her learning or adventures as the caverns provided both. Her tutor provided guidance when she needed some and even on an off day she was kept distracted.

Visits still happened, at the visitors own risk, but more often than not they simply came in with sopping manes and a story or two about just how bad it had gotten. Then she was explained that storms were apart of their lives, this was just how it was. So when the storms ceased and she was given a nod of encouragement she burst forth from the caves entrance and did so every day that the sun shone in their favor. It was apparent that over the course of the storms she had grown into her own a little bit, still a lanky teen, and yet just a touch more elegant.

It would come as no surprise, to those that had come to know her, that she was present for those first few moments as the pride discovered a beautifully glowing shore. Wide blue eyes soaked in the scene with her mouth partially agape. The waves of the waters moved in a calm, soothing fashion that would have lulled her into a peaceful sleep had they not contained the glow she saw now. "How beautiful." It was almost as though she didn't see the lions gathered around her, witnessing the same event.

"Look at the way the glow seems to move with the water.." Her words were softly spoken, barely audible, but perhaps enough for the company next to her - not that she had noticed. "It's so rythmic." She continued to mutter to herself as she dared to raise a paw and show interest in dipping it into the water, would it be to pushy? Would the gods bring down rain upon her parade from just wanting a chance at touching this vision of beauty? Thoughts rolled through her mind as she slipped into a moment of internal turmoil and looked a might silly frozen in a pose that suggested she was caught in a terrible act.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:53 pm
Alpaca Chobi

The two sisters were intercepted. While one smiled widely, the other she stared at the other.

"Oh. You're one of the new guys!" Msimu stated with a grin. "Hi!" When she was answered by silence, her wide smile only shortened slightly. "Oh, we won't bite."

As the other approached, the brown lioness grinned. "Well then, hello Jigen, and hello yourself.....?" She left the introduction open for him to give his own name. "I am Msimu'wa-mvua, but most just call me Msimu. And this is my sister, L---"

"Lehlwa." The grayer female finally greeted. She did not need her sister to introduce others. "It is definitely an interesting sight to see. We must've made the Gods happy for them to bless these shores with this glow."

"I just like how they are so bright!" Msimu grinned, splashing down the water to activate more of the bioluminescent glow.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:54 pm
MangoMeow

User Image

Meztli turned her attention over from Tirion'Manu and Kamau in favor of two new comers that had come to see the water. The jackal companion seemed eager to play in the water which amused Meztli quite a bit. She offered the two a smile as she approached.

"Hello.. Renshu?" She'd seen the fellow scribe in passing but wasn't sure the two had a chance to have a conversation. His name had been given in passing as she tried to know all her fellow scribe names. She was only partly sure this was his name and admittedly she wasn't familiar with his jackal companion. "I'm so sorry but I over heard you and your companion. I'm not sure if its safe to play in but if it is indeed a blessing I doubt that it would be lethal. "

There was no proof of these claims bu Meztli felt it was safe. That may not have cut it to the standards of others.

Midnightglow18

User Image
Meztli had wandered off before the two had fully completed their conversation much to Tirion's annoyance but it didn't matter.

"I am a scribe. My name's Tirion'Manu. You probably know my sister Niite'Manu. Our surname gives our siblinghood away a little," He pointed out. "You know its a relief that the rains stopped. I seriously thought I was going to go mad for a bit. Hells, I even tried one of my sisters training outside and that wasn't my cup of tea. I am much happier a scribe that is for sure," He grinned at that. "But I have a good deal of respect for those who do have the chops to be a chevalier. . . "

Ctrl F Greenie

User Image
Bheka's shells were now safely collected and fully in his pouch. Counting them was a thing of utmost importance which is why he was looking down with in the pouch as he walked along the beach and did not notice the female admiring the ocean as he bumped in to her.

Shells went flying yet again and Bheka found him self face to face with a female he'd not seen there before. Now the fighting urge to shyly not say anything and collect his shells was emerging but he fought that instinct as it was rude.

"S-s-s-s-sorry.." He managed his face red from embarrassment. "These shells.. they don't seem to want to stay.. uh... umm.." This was the second time this evening his shells had been lost. His brain was racing now on to what to do next.
KasaiLoki

User ImageUser Image

Jigen kept quiet as Arsene took the forefront of the conversation. It wasn't fully that Jigen was shy but he wasn't always the most comfortable around females he didn't know too well.

"Oh. I forgot to give my name hahahaa... Arsene at your service. Scribe and my brother Jigen over there is a Chevalier." Arsene was more than happy to carry on a conversation especially with two lovely ladies. The two brothers were almost opposites in their behavior but some how still got along just fine in their own way.

Arsene followed Msimu's lead and knelt down beside the water, "What a wonder..." He mused slapping his own paw against the waters surface watching it glow. "It's a shame we can't take this glowing water with us... its almost more beautiful than any gem I've seen in the caverns..." His mind was racing right now at the sight. Stealing this would be impossible but it was something he didn't want to let go. He may have been a little over zealous with his splashing to manipulate it to glow.

"Strange." Jigen tilted his head taking a step beside the grayer female. He was stoic but not unpleasant in his demeanor. "Why would the gods show their favor in this way?" This was what the more serious brother wanted to know. His female shyness seemed to slip away in favor of his curiosity of the sight in the waters.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:26 am
Alpaca Chobi

Kamau wasn't really sure what had happened with the female who had been there, he must not have been paying attention to her. He turned back to Tirion. "It is nice to meet you Tirion'Manu. I'm not sure perhaps I have met her in passing during training.." He shrugged his shoulders and then said "Chevalier duty doesn't stop just because it's raining, but to see the sea like this is a nice change. " He looked out at the glowing sea wondering at its beauty like a sign from the gods. "There is nothing wrong with being a scribe the pride needs every position, of course, I wouldn't try to do your job." Kamau shivered he knew nothing of the job of a scribe. "So what do you think of this glowing sea?"  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:54 am
Blue eyes opened in absolute shock as some other lions, without fear of angering the gods, dipped their paws in and gave the water a toss - they were safe? Her paw, still hovering over the water, hesitated and she had to inhale deeply before dipping her paw slowly into the water upon exhaling. She stayed firmly planted where she was, steady and calm as the water had been prior to being disturbed, but it wasn't meant to be.

"Oof!"

Dramatics started up fairly quickly. An oaf had thrown his body weight at her causing a ripple effect - literally - as her paws were needed for 'far more important things' like standing. Disturbing the waters had been on the lowest of her lists and when she finally had herself altogether and standing quite proudly her narrowed blue eyes found the culprit. When they settled upon the form of a rather nervous looking adolescent she hadn't met before her features softened and it would have become apparent that had she intended to yell.. she wasn't going to anymore. "In your satchel?" She offered to finish his statement and found herself glimpsing the ground surrounding them. Sure enough there was as scattering of various shells - all quite lovely, though some needed a good polishing. They reminded her of her love for gems, and their meaning.

"Why have you got so many shells?" Without waiting for an invitation to help she began to grab a couple of shells and made sure to handle the with the utmost of care. To collect so many must have meant they were important to him. "They are really pretty." She offered the compliment as she grabbed a couple more - leaving her paws full. She sat back on her hind legs and balanced the shells she had collected, offering them to his bag.

Alpaca Chobi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:57 am
Ren looked up as his name was called, an ear pulled back in a nervous habit that seemed to crop up whenever someone spoke to him. He was fairly certain he remembered this lioness walking around, though unfortunately, he wasn't sure he'd ever caught her name. He should probably work on that, especially when it came to his fellow scribes.

Clearing his throat, he shrugged and glanced back at the water, "That's... probably true, but," and this next part was directed at his jackal friend, who had made a move to charge into the water before Renshu placed a paw on her back to stop her, "it's better to be safe than sorry."

He paused, thinking, "We could... test it a bit first." The male glanced over at Meztli, "Do you want to come with us, uhm..." He bit at his lip, "Sorry, uh... what was your name?"

Test the water, huh? It was just water! She didn't think there'd be anything wrong with it. That said, she moved her head back and forth as the two lions spoke, impatiently tapping her back foot on the ground to try and ignore the itch to run forward again. She wanted to see what it looked like under the water! It was probably like a bunch of stars floating around you, which sounded awesome.

When Ren offered that the other come along, Mangguo frowned, shaking his paw off of her back. "She knows who you are, but you don't? Wow, Ren." She sent him a sly look, "Way to drop the ball."

Alpaca Chobi

MangoMeow

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:24 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Msimu smiled as Lehlwa blinked at Arsene's antic. The brown female, was the one that continued to speak however, letting her more antisocial sister remain silent. "Oh, we are both Shines! Although, I am sure Lehlwa would rather the rank of Crystal Healer. Maybe one day she will get it, right Leh?" Msimu grinned.

The paler of the sisters rolled her eyes. "Just tell the entire pride my desires there, Msimu." Lehlwa said quietly, the bitter tone showing.

Ignoring her sister, Msimu thought. "If we can find something to carry it, you could just have it on a shelf or something. As a reminder?" But what to carry it? and would it still glow after time had passed?

Lehlwa watched as Jigen stepped closer to her, observing the water. "Perhaps we were all well behaved during the times when we could not allow anyone into the lands, this is how they reward us?" The female shrugged at the idea, really unsure of anything else. "Unless someone did some grand deed we don't know of yet."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Dior joined in a little late to the festivities but she was pleased to be here none the less. SO many interesting things had washed upon their shores she wondered what some of it was but didn't bother with it too much. It was likely things they couldn't eat so she didn't want to dwell on it more than necessary.

Looking around for some familiar faces she smiled as she passed through the crowd.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:38 pm
Midnightglow18

User Image

"Ah yeah I suppose from that perspective that makes sense. Do what you know." He nodded in agreement with the paler lion.

"Hm. What do I think of the waters is a great question. I suppose I feel it could be a blessing from the gods but what would a mortal know to declare that indefinitely ?" He observed the waters this time really paying attention to the glow. As the waves washed ashore it seemed to cause the glow. Tirion wasn't sure he could make sense of the whole event.

"I guess... Maybe we should stick our paws in it. To see what happens," There was a playful grin that seemed to not fit to his more adult features.

Ctrl F Greenie

User Image

Bheka was not completely sure what it was he expected from the elaborate marked girl after he had very much interrupted her by literally running in to her. He blinked at her in a haze of confusion as she started to pick up the shells that had scattered about. He was quick to follow her lead and pick up each shell as gently as he was able feeling they must be fragile now with a second slip up.

The gray male was so focused on his task that he almost didn't hear her question. It took a moment for him to process her words as embarrassment still clouded his mind.

"I wanted to make some jewelry." The answer came to him after a few awkward moments of picking up shells, "I wanted to make them even more beautiful and maybe share them with others." He kept on picking up the the scattered shells. It was possible in his picking up frenzy he picked up a few stray shells. This wasn't actually a problem as more shells meant more craft materials.

"S-sorry again. Uh.. I'm.. uh.. I feel like I must have interrupted something you were doing. . . " He looked down at his paws.

MangoMeow

User Image

Meztli couldn't help but chuckle at the hard time the other scribes jackal was giving him. A small inner child side of her wanted to let the jackal go on but Meztli was a lady so she wasn't going to allow the teasing go on too long.

"My names Meztli. We haven't talked much so I don't believe we ever had the chance to formly exchange names." She chuckled again quite a mused.

"I can go first if you want. If I die than its a curse and we'll know. But I don't think the gods would curse us after such a harsh storm," She grinned and padded towards the waters. Very gracefully she stuck her front paw and allowed the blue shine to swirl around her paw. It didn't seem much else was going on beside that.

In all honesty there was a nice roll of relief that nothing happened. Meztli grinned back at the two.

"Seems safe to me. Seeing is believing after all."

KasaiLoki

User ImageUser Image

"Crystal healer huh?" Arsene looked the paler sister up and down seemingly thoughtful like he was coming up with something. It may have just been the glint in his eye that made the male come off that way. "I can see it for sure... Is that why the two of you traveled here?"

"Oh now there is an idea." Arsene was amused by the suggestion, "Well I wouldn't mind searching these coasts for something to capture some glow water in. I wonder if it will continue to glow if we take some with us?"

"Don't be stupid Arsene." Jigen grumbled, "I woudln't touch something like that. Its unnatural." Little did the lions realize was that this was actually nature taking its course.

"I don't know how gods work but maybe... thats a good working theory. Or maybe this is a gods way of marking their territory... " Arsene seemed perplexed.

"Well what ever it is.. its unnatural and I wouldn't touch it." Jigen advised once again.  
[IC] Deserted...

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff