Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:43 am
This storm had been building slowly for about a sevenday now, and V' for one was ready for it to break. Lithustoth had been more temperamental than ever, her temper by turns rumbling away under the surface and flashing up hot and bright when somebody stepped over an invisible line. Sometimes V' wanted to grab her by the headknobs and shake her, other times she found herself dragged along with her green's moodswings and struggling to keep them under control because shaff if she was going to be 'that proddy greenrider'.

It came to a head one afternoon as Lithustoth glided over the feeding pens, eyes gleaming red as she picked out her prey. Just as she spotted the beast she fancied for herself however, just as she prepared to dive, a blue plunged past her close enough to buffet her a little with the wind of his speed. Lithustoth screeched her fury and dived after him, all snarls and claws and orange eyes.

//Mine! That one is mine!// she bellowed, her voice crackling and echoing through the Weyr. She was smaller, faster than the blue and soon overtook him to kill the beast with a single blow. Radiating triumph she mantled over her kill and bellowed once more. //All of this is mine, all of it, all of you are mine.//

V', who had been standing waiting beside the pens, stared into her dragons eyes and swallowed hard; trails of violet glittered and swirled amongst the orange and began to overwhelm it. It was time then, time to see if them holding off the firestone had been worth anything in the end or if the north was going to have to take more drastic action in order to survive. //Blood it,// she said forcefully as Lithustoth plunged her fangs into the throat of her kill. //Only blood, no flesh, it's time to fly!//

Lithustoth drained the beast dry, bellowed again and raised her bloodied maw to the sky. //Yes, it is time! Chase me if you dare, show me who amongst you is worthy!// With a feeling of crackling laughter and surging energy the wide-winged green launched herself into the air and began her race toward the clouds.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:17 pm
The small white came hurtling down from the sky at breakneck speed. The heardbeast never saw its death coming, as the dragon dived like a bullet to his prey. Bones shattered upon impact as another's voice rang through the Weyr. Instinctively, Varith sank his claws into his prey as his head whipped around to the furious green. Her call sent a thrill through him, wings trembling and itching to move. A wordless, ecstatic roar bubbled up in answer to her call. Suddenly, the meal beneath his feet was the last thought on his mind. // I will! //

A'nox hurriedly locked his door behind him. Heart pounding as his dragon's passions threatened to overwhelm. Catch her! Joy and daring flooded his mind, a wordless reply, as Varith shot into the air. Nimble wings climbed the currents like a ladder, each beat sending the small, lithe body hurtling higher and faster. Impassioned joy reverberated from the white in a soundless call, wings carving through the currents in a furious bid to catch the green.

tricksterthought

Beloved Aggressor

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:24 am
//My time to shine!//

D'lana looked up abruptly from the sweep report she had been reading and hastened out of her office into Liarth's cavern, and then on to his ledge. Standing on the edge she peered down on the scene playing out upon the feeding grounds, her heart suddenly racing. This was it, the first of the Masalth's green daughters was rising and soon they would know whether or not their gambit had paid off. If it had not... if it had not then she and W'dol were going to have a great deal to discuss.

//Yeah, but in the meantime I have a flight to win.//

The cocky voice of her dragon, gleaming like a roguish grin in her mind, made D'lana roll her eyes. "Right, of course you do," she said dryly because of course Liarth would want to chase instead of sitting out so that she could keep a clear head. Muttering vaguely under her breath about show-off bronzes D'lana retreated inside her weyr and closed the door.

//Hello beautiful!// Liarth called aloud, sharing his words with the rising green and with his rivals too. //I'll show you more than just that, guaranteed!//  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:29 pm

Nimbuth was sent reeling as Lithustoth's bellow hit him like a wall. The blue was sent tumbling through the air, only to land as a sprawled mess on the ground. V'koth stifled a grin. Better watch it. Another hit like that, and you might just dent your ego. Nimbuth's tail lashed as the dragon collected himself, Ha-ha. Very funny. His bruised ego was battered once more as Lithustoth yelled at him. The blue cowered like a hatchling, wings pulled up as if he were one more word away from hiding in them.

Dragon and rider froze mid-thought as the green sent a cry echoing through the weyr. Nimbuth sat, face puzzling in shocked confusion as he watched the green take flight. WHAT ARE YOU DOING V'koth's voice rang half panicked, FLY, YOU DOLT. The realization finally dawned on Nimbuth as he watched Varith and Liarth take flight.

Purples and blues swirled and bubbled in the blue's eyes as his wings unfurled--every muscle tensing before launching into the air at breakneck speed. //Like you stand a chance.// His wings pounded, and sliced through the air, relying on speed to close the distance between him and his rivals, just as he relied on Liarth being to large to keep up. A victorious cry flared, a flirt to its tone, //This lovely lady needs someone who can really fly.//

tricksterthought

Beloved Aggressor

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:24 am
Lithustoth gave a deep rumbling croon and twisted in the air to look backward as her suitors gave chase. //Not a bad start Varith but can you keep it up?// she asked the white dragon, her crackling thoughts at once goading and beckoning.

Liarth's flirtations were just about what she had expected from a bronze. //All I can see right now is your ego, sparkles, so you'll have to do better than that,// she said with the feeling of a sharp laugh as she powered onward and upward, steering closer to the ledges that ran up the inner face of the caldera to challenge the bigger male.

//Ah yes, and a male who can really fly - fly right into my way,// she continued, now speaking of and to Nimbuth but as ever letting all the males hear her words. //Can you match me move for move, or are you just going to crash again?//  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:39 am
Now that our PC boys have taken to the stage it's time for the rest of the Weyr to take swing. After all the Weyr is watching, so there's no way that Lithustoth would be able to take to the sky with only three suitors. All players are able to make a total of three NPC's to throw into the pack, Lithustoth is taking male suitors of any colour. At the end of the flight, three of these NPC's will be chosen to be made into customs, so make your lads shine and they just might become real boys.

Happy Flying!

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:09 am
NPC Brown Digayth of Wingrider Gila
Size: 39 Feet
Positives: Discreet, Persistent, Gregarious
Negatives: Vindictive, Disloyal, Cunning

My dear, Gila, I must away. Lithustoth rises.
Thought you were too good for greens?

A deep chuckle rumbled through the pair's connection. Opportunity knows no colour, my dear. The bronzes will be too slow for her, but a brown? I will persuade her. A new time is coming and I will assert my kind at the top of the heap.
Well, best get a move on then.
Patience, love. She will tire and I must have the adequate stamina to outlast and outpace those that remain,
Digayth purred as he slipped from his ledge. The brown winged his way after the green and her suitors. He didn't rush to push to the front of the pack. Remaining a comfortable distance behind the main throng.
Reaching out, his mind brushed smoothly against the crackling energy of Lithustoth's. I am here to match you, whether you desire speed or strength I will provide. With that the brown mentally slipped away. He found the sparking of the green's mind unpleasant to be in contact with.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:11 pm
NPC Blue Lerenth of Wingrider F'ked
Size:
Positives: Appreciative, Rustic, Considerate
Negatives: Devious, Sanctimonious, Timid

The tantalizing cry called to him. He could appreciate a good green flight, and this one was extra special. Lerenth slipped from his weyr ledge and glided down. I will prove to you I am worth your choice. He said quietly to the green. It was best to give this first all important flight utmost due attention, and provide her with as best selection as possible. Which was himself.

From the corner of his eye he glanced down his nose at the bronzes who had elected to join. They weren't all that now were they without their fancy selective golds. Lerenth felt they didn't deserve to be here since mainly blues and the occasional brown usually chased the infertile greens. (Selective memory making him forget if bronzes had chased greens before.)

But now that the tables were turned, and how the mighty had fallen! Lerenth wanted to gloat. A few well placed barbs during the flight couldn't hurt. He turned his attention back to the beautiful green. His green, but he wanted her to decide that.  

magnadearel

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:32 pm
NPC: Bronze Arkoth of rider A'ard
Size: 55 Feet approx.
VPositive: Brave, Considerate, Quick-Thinking
Neghatives: Proud, Impulsive, Competative

"A'ard mine," The smooth, warm voice odf the large bronze snakes through the weyr to his rider as the dragon moved from the sunny spot he'd occupied for some time, enjoying the light and relative peace of his day. "The time is here. I can hear the call of a female, and be she gold or be she green, I must answer."

The bronze paid no mind as his rider looked up from his napping place, one eye opening slowly to study the bronze slowly, almost analytically. This meant the herds were picked at, and much as he hated it, well. It was time for his bronze to go, and the teen hugged his dragon fondly. He was so close to twenty turns, but he understood. He had to let his male go alone, and with a lick and a snort, Arkoth was off, taking to the skies as he studied the competition. Blues, browns, others.. Well, fine. Let them try to outfly him -- him, with his lovely bronze scales that resembled earth reptiles -- he was going to try to outlast them all, and as the male began climbing with some grace, his eyes swirled in excitement. A flight! A lovely flight, and how nice it would be!~  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:18 am
Ohhh, a sparky one hu? Lirath bugled delight; he liked females with a bit of bite, it was boring when they were too simpering and eager to please. //Sparkles is it? A pet name already? You're flattering me Lithustoth! What should I call you, while we're about it?// More males were joining in the chase now but Lirarth was still confident that he'd win the day, he had the right balance of power and agility and he had the green's attention! Sure it sounded like she wanted to bite him right now but that would change as the flight progressed and her need to choose the strongest grew.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:39 am
NPC: Blue Suuyeth of Ai
Size: Small
Positive: Playful, Sweet, Merry
Negatives: Manipulative, Reckless, Petty

Ai brushed her grey and thinning hair in the mirror as she freshened up. Her dragon, Suuyeth -- as much her son as her bonded, sometimes -- was restless and, as the bugling of dragons rang out in the sky, she could see why. A green was flying... no, not just any green, but one of the hopes of dragonkind, riders, and all of Pern.

She normally didn't stop her blue from flying, but it was far too important to make sure that a big, fertile male caught her. A Bronze or at least a Brown. she began,

her dragon's laughter -- his joy at flying, the wind under his wings, his nimble -- still so nimble -- body as it wiggled in the sky told her that it was too late to stop him.

he greeted the gorgeous green and her suiters alike -- all very handsome, too. Chasing was probably the best thing ever for Suuyeth -- much better than Thread, which, though it required the same sort of speed and acrobatics, hurt a whole lot more and was much less fun.

he giggled to Lisuthoth as he nimbly slipped into the throng.

Ai sent with a sigh.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:38 pm
Ahh, more suitors! Lithustith crowed her delight and twisted in the air for once unburdened by concern for the future, her only ambition greater height and a strong mate.

//Strength and speed Digayth?// she laughed to the large brown. //Haven't got a brain to boast of then? How about a spine?// The green's electric thoughts sparked up brightly as she said this and as she spoke she lunged towards the larger dragon with her talons flashing, but just short of him she pulled up and away and turned to chase the clouds once more.

//And what was that Lerenth?// she called, louder than ever in response to the blue's soft tones. //Speak up, or don't you want me to hear you over all the others who desire me?// Somewhere in the back of her mind she knew this enthusiasm was about more than just her but she didn't care about that right now, they were chasing and she was rising and what more could matter in the world?

As another bronze caught her gaze Lithustoth snorted in amusement. //And you're even quieter than Lerenth, Arkoth. Haven't you got anything to say for yourself at all?// she demanded teasingly.

Equally worthy of teasing was their illustrious Weyrleader; she treated him to a laugh and a quick sparking jab from her thoughts. //You can call me Sir if you like, Sparkles.//

Ahh and Suuyeth too? Lithustoth reached out to his mind, beckoning and challenging him to match her pace. //A secret? Make it quick pretty blue, or I'll leave you behind!// she laughed as she shot up above the tallest peak of the Weyr and on toward the scattering of clouds above.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:20 pm
NPC: Bronze Arkoth of A'ard

The bronze replied to the jubilant green with an amused rumbling deep in his chest, emulating the hearty laughter of his rider quite well.

Perhaps not all need be loud to succeed my dear. Arkoth drawled in amusement, letting himself climb gracefully into the air after as he pursued, eyes locked. Some of us simply know we're the best.

Was he proud of his glittering bronze scales? Oh, yes, quite, but the male didn't mind following the female for now. Instead, he was eying the other males, particularly the other bronze dragon present before he rolled in midair like an aircraft's aelerion roll, riding air currents. It let light glitter off him, and if he dared think, it showed just how handsome he actually was. After all, the male was more than happy to continue the chase as long as the female dared go, and the might bronze bugled his pride. And wasn'tthis such fun? The thrill of a chase, and the end would be sweeter for it. After all, it was a flight  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:59 am
NPC Brown Digayth of Wingrider Gila
Size: 39 Feet
Positives: Discreet, Persistent, Gregarious
Negatives: Vindictive, Disloyal, Cunning

Had Lithustoth not taunted him before, Digayth would have likely attempted a dodge. However, he suspected that the green wad trying to taunt him. The brown stared at the green as she advanced, she would pull away surely. Hopefully. Digayth felt a stab of fear that was only for Gila to feel just before Lithustoth pulled away. For a moment he was afraid that he had miscalculated and that Lithustoth had intended to strike him. Despite that he put on a voice of confidence as he responded, powering forward now that the flight seemed to be in full swing.

Spine enough for you, or do you wish to test me again? Let Lithustoth tire herself out flying near to him. The more she focused on and challenged him the closer she would stay. Then when she tired he would be in the perfect location to be her first choice. Perhaps a mental test if you want to test my mind? Although I am sure you have mind enough for the both of us. Digayth wasn't one for flattery, but Gila was convinced females liked that. So he would try his best.  

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
TawnyAngel rolled 7 8-sided dice: 6, 5, 3, 6, 8, 2, 6 Total: 36 (7-56)

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:14 am
Rolling winner!

1. Varith
Size bonus: 3
Pleasing the lady: 0
Roll: 6
Score: 10

2. Liarth
Size bonus: 1