Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Hello Everyone! New Player Here

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

musicalEmpathist

Ruthless Prophet

10,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:15 am
Hey guys! I'm musicalEmpathist, and I'm kinda new here. I was looking though some of the other threads and wasn't quite sure where to start... I noticed someone else posted a similar concern in an older thread, but I wasn't sure if it would be the best idea to just comment there or make my own, so here we are.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure how D&D in this sort of format would work, though I'm very open to learn; and I also wasn't sure how recruitment/applications for games works. If anyone would be willing to show me the ropes that would be greatly appreciated!

As for my experience, I only know 5E (as I've really only recently gotten into D&D) but I do have a lot of resources for and knowledge of that edition, including a few of the expansion books. I've been interested in DM'ing for a while now but wasn't sure how to start, but if I become more comfortable in this format I'd love the chance to run a game with anyone here (it would most likely be in 5E).  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:36 pm
Welcome. Well, I'll start off with Play by Post is a slow effort. This means that you have more time to think on plans of action, but it also means that if someone disappears or such, it can condemn a game.

Anyways, people post up games every now and then, or ask about interest in them. Depending on the game, it's normally polite to post up all the rules as well as a good summary of the setting and such. Look at the Earth's Upheaval recruitment thread Rain had posted for a good idea on that.

As for playing in em, that's talk it over with the GM. Normally there will be an IC thread, and OOC thread, and any other threads they want, like a Dice Rolling thread. Anywho, just look for games and ask if you can join if there is a spot.

I do hope things go well for you here.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

musicalEmpathist

Ruthless Prophet

10,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:55 am
Raganui Minamoto
Welcome. Well, I'll start off with Play by Post is a slow effort. This means that you have more time to think on plans of action, but it also means that if someone disappears or such, it can condemn a game.

Anyways, people post up games every now and then, or ask about interest in them. Depending on the game, it's normally polite to post up all the rules as well as a good summary of the setting and such. Look at the Earth's Upheaval recruitment thread Rain had posted for a good idea on that.

As for playing in em, that's talk it over with the GM. Normally there will be an IC thread, and OOC thread, and any other threads they want, like a Dice Rolling thread. Anywho, just look for games and ask if you can join if there is a spot.

I do hope things go well for you here.

Gotchya, I'll go ahead and take a look and see if I can find any open games. Thanks for the help!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:49 am
Welcome to the guild!

We've had a number of new guild members as of late, so if a new game was started it'd be booked up pretty fast.

I've usually been more active in the guild in years past, but since the new year, I've had very little free time. sweatdrop It's gone from me being here about 5-6 days a week to 1-2. If it weren't for that, I'd try to start something for the new players myself :3

I hope you, and everyone else new who might be reading this, find what you're looking for!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas