Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:02 pm
User Image

At first, Boudica had not been terribly impressed by mortals. She'd been downright disdainful of them, in fact. But as she matured the Haven had become increasingly stale, the company of fellow immortals more and more unfulfilling. Mortals were weak, and they were pitiful, but they strove for their goals with a passion that belied their short lives. They struggled and they fought and they tried. They were...entertaining. And this collection of them, this pride of warriors, was particularly interesting with its predilection towards wild savagery. Perhaps she would slip among them in disguise, judge their worth to her, and maybe, just maybe, find a place from which to amuse herself.

For now, she wandered (well, more like she strolled) the border lands as though she owned the place, barely giving a care to disguise her wings. It wouldn't be very fun if someone refused to challenge her because of her divinity, after all. She'd have to hold back enough as it was.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A familiar white god had also come to roam the lands of the stormborn. He had found himself draw to the harsh land of violence and conflict, darkness and brutality, and of course...pleasure (oh yes, he had greatly enjoyed the company of several ladies of the pride).

At the moment, Tanaka found himself near the borders, not bothering in any way, shape, or form to disguise his wings or what he was. He had never cared if mortals saw what he was, he was neither concerned with fear or stupid bravery. Well, really he just could not be bothered to hide his wings.

A pause in his steps, eyes narrowed. There was something familiar, or perhaps someone. Hmmm.... His gaze settle on a dark form, one that looked distinctly familiar. Sometimes he forgot just how much she had grown from that feisty little cub pouncing on his tail.

"Boudica."

How they had not crossed paths before this point was a mystery.

Excited Apathy

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:55 am
Crimson eyes narrowed slightly as they flicked to the side, seeking out the source of that familiar voice. Given what she had heard of the pride, it was not surprising that he would likewise be drawn to this place. It was known to be a place of conflict and conquest, after all, drawing warriors of all moralities. At the sight of the massive winged figure, a smirk settled onto her face.

"I suppose I should be surprised, but I'm not. How long have you been here?"

Amon Larethian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:42 pm
"I could say the same of you."

Tanaka had not expected to find his daughter here, but if he though of it he should not have been surprised. She was after all, a warrior, far more so than any of her siblings. She always had been the most....feisty of his children.

"You may find some cubs here that look like me. And you? I certainly hope you are putting those who think themselves warriors in their place."

The lion smirked, rather satisfied with himself and the vicious little fuzzballs he had already sired within the pride, and those who may still have been to come.

Excited Apathy

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:58 pm
An irritated look and a quick lash of the tail answered the non-answer Boudica received. She ignored the non-question in retaliation...she was not in a giving mood when evaded. At least his next words gave some clue, so she smirked as well. "These 'reavers' get swollen egos when they leave the borders. Some of them learn their error. I hope none of yours make that mistake to start with...I won't have some mortal sibling thinking they're my equal, let alone my superior."

She would take special care to knock any of those down a peg.

Amon Larethian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:18 pm
HIs eyes narrowed, gazed fixed on his daughter. She always had been the most....vicious of her siblings, and perhaps also the most foolhardy. She was strong, there was no denying that, of all his children she was the one he was most proud of, and the one he had been most tested by.

"Immortal blood does not mean strength, your brothers should have taught you that."

Soft, fluffy annoyingly soft creatures, always more concerned with how they looked instead of focusing on what truly matter. Oh no, daddy, my paws are dirty, she threw mud at me, boo-hoo. They had far too much of their mother in them.

But strong and fierce though his daughter was, he was far from intimidated by her. He would be most displeased if she harmed his mortal cubs, and don't think he didn't know what an instigator she was! At least wait until they were grown, then she could fight them all she wanted.

Excited Apathy

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:33 pm
Boudica stared at him for several long moments, then snorted. "My brothers might be weak and soft, but even so they will endure long after these children are dust. What do these mortals have that is equal to that?"

A pause. Why that look, from him? Did he think...that she would harm these half-bloods? She was insulted at the very thought. Her lip curled in disgust, showing a few gleaming fangs. "Wipe that look off your face. I do not strike those that cannot fight back. A Reaver foolishly challenging me is one thing, a cub is quite another." A lash of her tail punctuated her words.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:03 pm
Tanaka shrugged, clearly she did not understand. True, gods lived longer, but that was not what made them fierce. If anything it sometimes made them softer, lazy, less inclined to action. Those with shorter lives lived each day with more life than many gods only dreamed off.

"The flame that burns quickly often burns brightest."

He did not need to explain himself to his daughter. What he chose to do and why was his concern, not hers. He answered to no one, especially not his own daughter. If he wished to create half-mortal offspring, he would do so and he would continue to do so.

Eyeroll, omg, don't be so dramatic.

"I know you, Boudica, you are an instigator."

Excited Apathy

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:47 pm
Boudica barked a laugh and then her gaze hardened to chips of ruby, her tail beginning to lash back and forth. She was becoming well and truly irritated now, and she saw no reason to hide it. "An instigator I am, but I do not harm cubs. Stop acting as if I'm some threat to your brats before they're grown. If you truly think that, you do not know me nearly as well as you think." Her voice rumbled with a low growl, clear warning that continuing down that path would not be wise.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:14 pm
Tanaka laughed, darkly, almost mocking. Did she truly think she was threatening him? How cute, she could posture and growl all she wanted, if she thought to intimidate him, her father, it was not working.

"You always did have a flare for the dramatic. Are you really so insecure that you see a threat when there is none? Really, you are stronger than that."

If he could have rolled his eyes any harder, his eyes might have fallen out. Were all of his children so dramatic? They must have gotten it from their mother. The temper however, well perhaps she had gotten that from him.

"The only one who mentioned harming cubs was you."

He had said no such thing, any implications she saw were on her.

Excited Apathy

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:38 pm
She snorted derision again. "I instigate fights, if you didn't remember. And you did mention I'm an instigator. Why would I want to do that with a cub? Testing them when they're grown would be far more interesting." A smirk, yes, drawing foolhardy adults into battle was much more fun. Cubs were, for the most part, beneath her notice.

She ignored the part about being threatened. Even if she might be vaguely concerned that she might have to share her favored status with some mortal half-bloods, she wasn't about to admit it.

"I will not have contact with them before they are grown, unless they somehow seek me out."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:09 pm
"There is more to instigate that fighting, but i suppose I should expect nothing less from you."

She was after all, very near to instigating a fight with him. Well, he wasn't taking the bait. He had better things to do with his time than listen to the dramatic tantrums of his children.

"Do as you will, Boudica. I will see you around."

The god turned, walking away from his daughter. There was no reasoning with Boudica at that moment, nor did he care to try. She would do what she would regardless of what he said. If only she knew she had no reason to feel threatened, she would always be his favorite, even when she was acting like a brat.

Excited Apathy

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas