User ImagePahana was lazing in the sun. He’d had a very productive first week in the bonelands. He’d seen basically the whole of the lands, met some lionesses and even had some fun with at least one lioness. Time seemed to tick along slowly for the pale lion and he was certainly pleased at his position in the pride. He was happy to just go with the flow. The lions in charge were pretty terrifying and he knew full well he wasn’t going to do any challenging. He was happy to just speak to the girls, follow them around if they asked for his company and basically just enjoy his time here while he had it.

While he dozed lightly his ears flickered and he listened for any approaching paws. His snooze would happily be interrupted if a lady so wished to interrupt him.

User Image
Kacela was just the lioness to interrupt him. While she had been born in the pride, of course, she was not in the least bit traditional. Her father had been of pale mane, still she wanted to size this male up before she decided he was suitable for her.

She not unlike her father was laid back, calm, collected, she was generally just a settled sort of lady. That didn’t mean she was going to pick up with the first male that wandered in to the pride though. Far from it she was determined to speak to each of the new, and exciting males before she decided upon one. She wanted children of her own. It was a part of the life of a lioness in the pride of course to bear cubs, but she wanted to find just the right fit for her first litter.

She had of course heard some rumours about the very pale male that had won his way in to the pride. She had heard that he was a real charmer. This amused her, knowing how her father had just been relaxed and though she had many siblings because of him, he had been loved by many.

The paw steps that came towards him were obviously female, he was very pleased about this. He did enjoy a conversation with the ladies of the place. Many of them were beautiful, creatures of the day, strong and powerful, capable huntresses, family members that had lived together since the day they were born and when they were old enough they searched for a powerful male to expand their pride to strengthen their families. That was why he was here. He had of course won his place in the pride and now he was here he was happy to oblige.

Opening his perfect blue eyes he moved in to a more vertical position, placing his legs under himself so that, though he still lounged he could look at the silver female that approached him and more importantly he could shoot her one of his perfectly practiced smiles. A charming grin that had won over many a lady. Or so he felt any way, he had certainly managed to make a few lady friends int he pride so far and all of them had agreed to let him follow them for a little. One of them had even agreed to let him woo her properly.

“Greetings lady.” He rumbled, raising his eyebrows questioningly his charming grin remaining plastered on his maw. His mane flowed over his gaze as he watched her come closer and he tossed his feathery bangs out of his eyes so he could admire the lady before him.

The light female chuckled quietly, he really was a charmer. She could see why rumours were going around about him. He certainly had a very charming look about him. His roguish grin certainly made him seem handsome, it was pretty obvious to her that the male thought he was the bees knees. Well she supposed she shouldn’t judge him too harshly, he had won his way in to the pride through battle after all. He had beaten out an established male to gain his place in the pride.

Still it was important to her to question him, to decide if he was in fact suitable for her or if he was just a pretty face and nothing else. “I heard you were the new guy.” She smiles gently tilting her head questioningly at the pale male. She laughs gently “My name is Kacela, there is no need for such formalities.” She licked her lips and wrapped her tail around her paws.

The blue eyed male gave a nod “Pleasure to meet you Kacela, I go by Pahana though you can call me what ever your heart desires.” He smiles a sideways grin, his words didn’t always work of course, they didn’t necessarily need to really, after all he was here for a reason and the females came to him if they wanted him. He did insist on speaking to the females as sweetly as he could though. They deserved to be told they were beautiful ladies.

“Do you need my assistance?” he queried, raising a curious brow at the female.

The lioness chuckled, well he knew how to get to the point of the matter. “I’d like to spend some time with you.” It was a simple enough request. She wasn’t offering herself to him and she most certainly wasn’t asking him fo this assistance with cubs, she needed to question him, grill him and see if he was the one for her or not.

“Of course my lovely I am happy to spend some time with you.” He smiles and stretches out his paws. “Do you want to make yourself comfortable?” He questioned gesturing to the empty space beside him.

The pale female smiled and gave a nod moving closer to the male she settled herself in to the shade where he had been lounging. “I have lots of questions for you.” She rumbled settling herself in to a comfortable position ready to give him the inquisition. Would he be the one she would choose? Only time would tell.

((W/c 1014))