Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:13 am
Shifting Sands

Ozzrick hadn’t been precisely comfortable with allowing Tacrith to remain alone in unfamiliar territory to begin with, but nor had he been adamant enough about his own feelings to push them over Tacrith’s own clear desire. The man was an adult, and if he had wished to venture out entirely on his own now that they had reached shore, it would hardly have been Ozzrick’s place to do or say anything about it. This being even less of a drastic choice, he let it be.

Still, he made a point to head out early, rising when he woke, making quick work of dressing himself, and then heading out into town. There was likely, he told himself as he maneuvered the early morning streets, no need to be concerned. The young doctor had lived alone most of his life from the sound of things and it was almost presumptuous to think he couldn’t do so now.

Except, a persistent portion of Oz’s brain insisted, the circumstances were different here.

Tacrith was not on Yael. Oba, while beautiful in its own harsh ways, was not a kind place, nor was it filled entirely with kind and accepting people. Thus, however reasonable, Ozzrick’s boots kept up a brisk pace as he moved, and his attention was already on alert as he moved for the tavern he had left his islander charge at.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:38 pm
Tacrith had spent the night trying to sleep at the inn he had essentially demanded to stay at, and failed. Everything was too strange to get comfortable enough to sleep more than a few minutes at a time. A strange bed, in a strange room, in a strange town, on a very strange continent. He could hear the late-night stragglers wandering around outside and inside the inn. A couple in a nearby room were arguing loudly. The bed was lumpy. The floors creaked. The water tasted funny. The air was far too dry and smelled weird. He didn't have any proper sleeping clothes. The soap in the wash basin made his skin dry. The sheets were itchy. And worst of all, it felt strange to be lying down somewhere that was sitting still rather than moving and rocking under him. Too much time on that blasted ship with that crazy crew and that confusing Ozzrick.

Giving up on sleep, Tac dressed and sat up on the bed with one of his pocket books he carried around. With a lantern lit, it was actually almost somewhat peaceful. With the rays of the sun starting to light the room though, he closed the book and prepared to leave the room. He wasn't sure when that Oz was planning to return for him, but did he really need that lay-about to walk him around the town? The medical clinic and the library were his focus. He didn't need a guide for two simple places. He could find the buildings, and then surely the professionals within those buildings would be able to guide him as needed. Oz wouldn't have done any good as a guide in such more educated circles.

..Though, Oz really wasn't that bad... Comparatively... Tolerable, at least. Stepping out of the room, Tac took a deep breath. He could walk around without Oz. He would be fine. No need to tolerate annoyances.

"Are you certain there will be enough wine tonight?”
"Stop your fretting. We always have more than the guests can drink. That is our thing."

Tac's gaze flicked over to a group walking away from him. Well, he had no interest in parties, but perhaps the finely dressed folks could give him a direction to start out.

"Excuse me," he called out, walking quickly after them. Well, walking on solid ground felt good at least. "Could one of you tell me where the local medical clinic is? Or perhaps the library, if that is closer?"

"What?" one heavyset man asked, peering at Tac curiously. "The ship left a while ago. Why’re you still here?"

A woman leaned closer and pointed with excitement. "Look! He's one with the glowing eyes! Let me bring him home for the party tonight! He would make it the talk of the town if we had him to show off! Let's see that brat Missia when she sees I got one before her!"

Tac's brow cocked with annoyance. "I have no interest in a party. Just the clinic or the library, if you would." Honestly, was that such a difficult concept?

The woman pouted. "Oh, you'll love it! My home is so much nicer than this dump my husband insists on visiting. You can eat all you want!" She gave him a quick look up and down, even reaching out to feel his arm. "Doesn't seem like you eat much as it is though.. Let’s get some meat on your bones."

Letting out a snort, Tac yanked his arm free. "I have no need for a party. I will ask someone else."

Another in the group jumped in now, giving Tac a sharp grin. "That's no way to talk to a lady, Yeali. She's making you a generous offer. It's only polite to accept."

What was with these people? "It's also only polite for you to respect my wishes," Tac retorted. "Now, do you know the way or do you not?"

The heavier man waved his hand, now ignoring Tac’s words. "Boen, go watch the stairs. Shouldn't be too hard to sneak this guy out of here, but having someone walk into the middle of it would be quite an inconvenience."

Sneak this guy out..? Sneak.. him?! Tac's gut tightened, and magic sparked at his fingertips. Standing in the hallway by himself, his options were limited.

The Only Black Uke

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas