User Image
He had followed her quite happily. Of course he had realised from the get go that she was doing this ‘grand tour’ just to lead him around by his nose. She had no intention of asking for his services and from the moment he met her he knew she wouldn’t ask. Still a part of him had hoped. Pahana was happy to learn about the pride with her. Their ways, how his life would be how he couldn’t say no to any female. Like he would. He had also learned a lot about the land. It seemed that Rabia knew every inch of the place that they lived, at least at this time of the year and she seemed almost happy to show him every nook and cranny. For his part, he was actually okay with just following her about. It meant he got to show himself to all of the new females of the pride. Big or small, lithe or chubby, there were a lot of different females in the pride and he was darned if he wasn’t going to introduce himself to every last one of them.

If they knew he was here, he was fit and healthy and able to keep up with the tan warrior lioness, he could prove he was strong, in the prime of his life and ready to supply them with what ever they needed. It had been a good day and he could have kept going for much longer, he was used to travelling wide distances in the rogue lands after all. Taking in a whole pride in a single day was hardly an effort. If anything the little, fast paced exercise had made him excited.

He really couldn’t stop thinking about all of the beautiful ladies he’d seen. He really did hope they would come and visit him quickly. His mind was starting to wander when he heard a growl at his shoulder that brought him out of his reverie about the girls they had seen on their travels.

User Image
“I’m fairly sure you are not listening to a word I said.” She growled, she’d let him tag along with her, took time to show him the pride yet his mind was clearly wandering. In just a short time Rabia Bint Nesf had sussed out that the pale male was after one thing and one thing alone. Girls. His blue eyes followed every female they walked past and it had infuriated her. She supposed he was suited to the pride. Any female could request his attentions after all and he would undoubtedly be glad to oblige.

If he was a female she would have called him something most insulting, but his carefree attitude would probably make it easier for the shyer of the prides females to approach him. He was certainly devil may care in her eyes. It was no wonder that she wouldn’t let an Inselelo near her when they were like this. Desperate. Thats all she saw in him, a desperation that made him cling to the female dominated pride, holding on to a place that eventually he would of course be toppled from.

She supposed she understood, not having a real home, a place where he was safe forever would probably be a little unnerving for anyone. She felt little sympathy, only a brief moment of thought passed through her mind about it. It was none of her business, she had been born a female and the bonelands was her home. She would never leave, she had no need to.

“I’m listening.” The pale male replied simply. A glimmer in his blue eyes. He hadn’t really been paying all the attention he should have been. The tan female had grudgingly shown him around the pride and he had offered her nothing in return except for his name. “Do you want to take a break? Maybe we could get a drink and chill in the shade some where? If you’re tired that’s is.”

The young tan lioness turned on him and growled. How dare he think she was tired! What did he think she was? She was a seasoned fighter, young though she was in comparison to some of the other females in the pride she knew how to fight and she could walk all day if she needed to.”I feel no fatigue!” She growled picking up her pace a bit. She wasn’t going to be out stripped by a male like him. No Sir. she could easily out pace him, out last him in any situation. She was really letting this male get under her skin and she really didn’t like it. “Perhaps it is time we parted ways. I think I have shown you quite enough for one day, don’t you?” She glared at the male. She really didn’t like him one bit. Part of her wanted to beat the snot out of him but that silly grin all over his maw and his lazy, laid back air pulled her to a halt. He hadn’t meant anything by his words. She knew that. He really did ruffle her feathers though!

The pale male wrinkled his brow and tilted his head. Well, she was certainly easy to offend. “I know you can go all day.” He chuckled “we have been, I just thought perhaps I could treat you to some standing still conversation. If you wish to leave me here on my own though. I’m sure I can find a nice shady spot until nightfall.”
The lioness groaned and sighed a long, exasperated sigh. She wanted to just up and abandon this idiot, yet, here she stayed. “Fine, Fine, I’ll at least take you to water and shade. After that though, you’re on your own. Really i don’t even know why you’re still following me, you’ve seen the whole pride now. Can’t you go and harass someone else?” She huffed turning her tail in a completely different direction and starting to trot towards the best source of water.

The pale male smiled winningly and followed after her “But you’re the best guide.” He chuckled once again speeding up to catch up to the grumpy tan lioness. He thought maybe he was winning her over.

((W/C 1036))