Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
want some help with car build & M item design

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:40 am
first let me say that. if you like any thing hear fell free to use/change it to work in your games.
now on to my carictor problem i am playing a wizard LV5. but do to my hp/bad standing locations/ a small hp die mix up for 3 lvls/ plus my group forgetting i do not now all the rules and my group size. i only have 28 health and have already passed out 9 times. plus again due to my group size and also a friend in the group asking the rest during combat after i ran for cover "did the wizard just run away?"
the hole party has labeled him a cowered. anther example of him bringing my irl selfs fear into this is in our lest fight we literally went strait from fighting 3 gel cubes to fighting a oni and a rakshasa. after our 2 round with the rakshasa our monk managed to creat a lul in the combat and start negotiations. during witch my mage saw our barb my irl friend swin at the oni who had bean orderd to stand down by the rakshasa. and now no one menchened how the rakshasa & oni looked in regards to health. and my wizard after fliping a coin irl to decide irl what he would do casts invisable on himself and slips out side to start casting inverted Magic circle in the door. i will list my spells after this but ya we had done reserch on the rakshasa and knew i had/ could not effect it with any thing directly and due to ech round being 6 seconds and a minet being 60 seconds i having finished the math befor the coin flip knew i was out of combat for 10 rounds 60 divided by 6 is 10. out of car tell every one "i am going be out of the room for 1 minet" my hole party looks at me angrly and the gm stats in a sly manner ether forgetting my preves fire bolt to the onis cheast or purpusly trying to make she i dont get xp. i am almost positive he is trying to bully me into a diftent class.this was not the first time he has made my car do somthing i dident want my car to. "ok so no xp for cloud". then in 2 or 3 rounds the rakshasa and oni are downed and i get yelled at by the barb and our rouge. at wich time i out or car explain to them my guys reasoning and how i came up with my actions. and thy say out of car "well then you should of told us" at wich time i figured screw it thy dont even understand that if i voiced my plan the oni and rakshasa would have immediately targeted me to stop it or that it was a good fall back plan, i give up. now my wizard is on good terms with our monk and we have had "plotting meetings" where my guy vents a little and offers up some explanations to his spells he can cast to help our monk plan/scheme he is our plan guy and because every plan our other party members make my guy as we say "drops like a sack of potatoes" my wiz has voiced his support and prefrinc to following the monks plans over the others ops went off topic there a bit but as you can tell from my rant i have bean labled by most of my party as "the cowardly wizard" but mind you for 2 lvs i had used die that wher lower than i should of for my hp increes then no one helped/alowed me to fix that stat and my irl "friend" has repeatedly tryed to make my guy look cowerdly by meta-gaming my irl personalty onto my car just because he is not standing round in the open fighting. now i am thinking of retiring my wizard be for witch i would have him get a set of sending stones to give one to the monk. and start a new car but first i wana try to salvage this car and was thinking of trying to multi-class out to do so. continued next post

barbarian: my IRL friend and our second heavy hitter.
monk: planer after the rouge gave up trying to because all her plans ended bad and most of my 9 pass-outs where a result./my chars "boss" and the second heavy hitter in our group.
ranger: suppose to be our tracker but dose not and just has bad ideas.
rouge: banker/flirts to get discounts
druid: healer/gimpy legged conscience of the group
wizard: cook i have a gourmet cookbook that the DM letd me get advantage with & the one every one but the monk picks on  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:41 am
multi-class ideas
1. wizard / engineer
2. wizard / fighter
3. wizard / monk
4. wizard / rouge
5. wizard / ranger
now i want to use one that is not used a lot but is still good. my carictor reads like this.

background: peasent
race: human
alignment: C/N
stats:str12, dex15, con14, int19, wis13, chr9
ac:13 dosent matter got mage armor & sheild combo making it 20!
langcommon, Elven
proficiencies: herbalism kit, athletics, investigation,animal handling, insight
Arcane Tradition: Divination
and the spell books groups ranger gave me one he got off a wizard that wasent going to need any more.so im using as a backup
M = main book
B = backup

cantrips
Dancing Lights: M
Fire Bolt: M & B
Light: B
Mage Hand: B
Minor Illusion: M
Prestidigitation: B

lv 1
Chromatic Orb: M
Comprehend Languages: M
Detect Magic: M & B
Disguise Self: M
Identify: M
Illusory Script: M
Longstrider: M
Mage Armor: M & B
Magic Missile: B
Ray of Sickness: M
Shield: M & B
snar: M

lv 2
Acid Arrow: M
Arcane Lock: M
Darkness: M
Earthbind: M
Enlarge/Reduce: M
Invisibility: M
Misty Step: B
Shadow Blade: M
Suggestion: M & B

lv 3
Counterspell: M & b
Clairvoyance: M
Dispel magic: M
Fire ball:M & B
Fly: B
Glyph of Warding: M
Magic Circle: M
Nondetection: M
Thunder step: M

lv 4
Greater Invisibility: B
Ice storm: B

lv 5
Cone of Cold: B

again sorry for the word wall  

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:50 am
some things i came up with ether off the top of my head or based on something. so give me your ideas.

reskin/redesign of the "Wand of Enemy Detection"
Quote:
Enemy radar Max Run time: 7 minutes
Max Range : 60 feet
Description : a stop watch design but slightly larger. the face is black with a light blue grid. each square represents a 5 foot cube. pressing the button activates the radar. pressing the button again turns it back off. the larger the threat the larger the blip. the center square is where the user is. radar scans start from the center and displays only threats that would wishes the user bodily harm.

something i wiped up
Quote:
partial shape sifters amulet of "insert size" "insert humanoid type"

description:
a small amulet in the shape of a silver circle with gold swirled into it. on the surface of the circle if a depiction of a humanoid entity standing on one of 3 symbols a arrow down or up and a simple line
(a shape shifters amulet of small tiefling would show a tiefling standing on a arrow down.)when the amulet is worn depictions facing towards the towards body the effects activate.

effects:
1. welder takes on the form (form only not the ability. you will look and feel to the like the entity but you gain no other attributes such as in the case of a tefling you will not gain the smell/dark vision or lack of a shadow.) of the entity depicted on the amulet.

2. all stats & skills remain the same (so if you put on a troll amulet you do not gain or lose any stats or skills. only the shape of a troll.)

3. attunement

effect restrictions mostly for allowing the crafting of this item:
1. the amulet can not create a entity larger its natural height or weight. so a 20 foot tall tiefling it out of the question.

2. using better quality ingredients such as a more pure gold/silver or a string made from a magical creature may make it confer stat ups but only to the welders original stats and will be applied to them only during the time "transformed"

spell idea
Quote:
golden transmutation / make coin
reg1 plat coin (not consumed)
lvl 2 spell
effect change items into 1/3 ther cost. using a lvl 5 spell slot ups this to 1/2. a lvl 9 spell slot makes it 2/3. and cast time of 1 hour.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:44 pm
I am not going to tell you what to do, I don't play 5e, just give you suggestions to keep your character alive. On a side note, the first rule of Role-playing(rping)... is to have fun. If your not, then something is wrong.

Now everything I say can be thrown out the window, if the DM is a asshat and is only interested in killing his players. There is a broad brightly colored line between giving the characters hell and giving the players hell. The first can be fun, and enjoyable, the second breaks the first rule of rping.

I am guessing that you are playing 5th edition(5e), and there are 2(?) other people in your party. A Barbarian, and A Ranger... And there is no one who can act as the Healer in the party. in which case, I suggest to see about ether creating, or buying, healing potions; or talking the group into a wand of cure wounds, when you are in town.

That said, I also suggest you reading up on the rules. They are Chapters 7-9 in the Players Handbook, and being you are a spellcaster also read Chapter 10 as it covers your spells.

Lastly, taking cover is a very intelligent tactic. How many cowboys movies do you see a wounded hero stand in front of a mini-gun and laugh? NONE! He is going to dive for cover, reload his gun, and wait for them to stop firing. In 5e, taking cover can grant you a nice bonus to your AC, or makes it impossible for the enemy to target you. Good on you, for taking cover when you are wounded.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:38 pm
thanks SCN_ Grey_fox i do most of the time its just after 6 out 10 of the combat encounters my car gets yelled at or belittled for his actions making me feel like i am playing wrong.
we are playing 5e, in a medeum magik seting but we are curently in a country whear being/owning magik is punishable by death we where not told this until after we had made our characters and for our party make up we have Monk friends sisters boyfriend, Ranger, Rouge my friends sis, druid/warlock, barbarian my IRL fiend, wizard me. me and the druid do not buy potions we buy potion ingredients and make potions.

also i do try to take cover most of the time its just i try to be polite and not interrupt the others when they are talking but meany times that means i do not get to rp what my char dose. a good example of this is when my group went cave diving at a mine. inside we ran into a dwarf corned by 4 or 5 wight. we got him out and our barb and monk start rping setting up blockades and then with out talking to the rest of the group the barb runs in and draws then out to the mouth of the mine where the blockades are and the rouge the ranger druid and my wizard are all out in the open there and i roll low on initiative this was before i even had a PHB and realized that my hit die i was using was wrong. and 3 of the wight loos arrows at me 1 misses and after the second arrow hits me i am down. but i get told "and that is why you take cover." by the gm and then he after words all i could think is WTF how am i suppose to take cover when my turn is at the end of the round and there are 4 out of 5 guys going before me especially when you have them attack the one guy in a field instead of one of the oh idk the 2 guys right at the mouth of the mine? that was when i started to think the DM had it out for me because he had voiced how he wizards are his fav class to play & previously i had made two of three bad calls and ignored him telling me i should get this spell. pulse he keeps telling me "if you wan to change classes i will let you." so putting it all together i just think he dos not like how i am playing a wizard and is trying to bully me into a different class. of course my IRL friend dos not help with his "the wizard is a cowered"
but the worse thing is our ranger is an idiot. he keeps getting distracted with his phone or forgetting what his class can/not do even going so far as to suggest to our party when we are all lv2 to "go kill that green dragon at the other branch of the hall" he has had some good ideas like using our bag of holding to "scoop up as much of the gold in this room." witch netted the party a hefty 3000 gp and seting our rouge as the group banker my guy keeps/uses his owne cash still thow. but this was right after the dragon thing and we where in a nobles secret basement wile an alarm is going off.but ya i think ill ad onto one of the top posts what we all do for the group as well as our rolls in it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:07 pm
I would advise against multiclassing as arcane spellcasters get crazy powerful in the high levels and putting levels in other classes would just mean spending more time in the lower mage levels. So, I'd say just stick with it.

But if you're not having fun, then don't play with those people. Not your fault that your friends can't grasp the concept of tactics and strategy.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:02 am
Agreed with Leon.

Your team come up to a innocent goblins camp. The barbarian attacks the chief... How would combat look in your eyes?

If need be I can dm this encounter, as an actual play by post campaign. Thus you learn the rules, but not as a level 9 game...  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:07 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
its not the hole party just my d**k friend and ocationly the DM when we start playing a seshons the DM seems cool but if my guy makes mistakes or asks a question he dose not like he starts getting snippy. and its worse if he has had a bad week at work or forgets im new. i have looked over the rules in the phb and the magic item crafting rules in the DMG. but there are some times i forget something or just do not understand every thing and he i suppose thinks because i am not like our ranger and forgets every 10 to 30 minuet what my class can/not do i have a better understanding. example my party is staying in a guild run complex and my guy asks the wizard if he knows a way to send a letter. with i get told i would need to talk to the guild missives about. i then ask if the being a wizard know if there was a regular messenger heading south to the country where magic is NOT punishable by death. and the DM look at me angerly and repeats him self. so my legitimate attempt to find out if i would have to pay extra jut because it was a way out of the way trip is shot down. after all only reason i am being allowed to stay in the guild complex is 4 of my party are members of the guild. logically guild discounts and free serves-es would not extend to me.

but i was venting to my one bro and he suggested starting to pick small things my guy can do to annoy the others and voicing my carictors reasons for doing so like because or barb cant eat raw meet due to a bad con save roll on eating a mouse. slipping a small tuft of fur and raw meet into his supe. or serving the monk who has bean the only one to be mice to my wiz and refusing to serve the rest unless payed to do so and menchening "that thy haven't been kind enuf to earn right to demand my guy cook for them and that they "have 2 hands and there is a fire" but if it worsens i will start to worsen the way my guy treats them until he just lets loos fire balls on the party for being a** hats to him. or untill thy are nicer.

i even went an made a "target first" list with likely hood from 0 to 10 of being targeted barbs at 9/10 rogue is 6/10 druid is 5.5/10 because he has helped the barb ranger plus with out his the others cant heal ranger is 4/10 because he is literally never paying attention Fiddling with his phone and so on during the game so he is more likely to be useless in stopping my guy. and with the lowest 2/10 the monk a 2 because my guys c/n so no 0 given! and that's what i am try first.

as for multi-class i can go 3 lvls into a different class and still get 9th lvl spells so like 3 monk/17 wiz or so on. wile i would only get the 3 lvls of monk hp it would go a long ways to fix the 3 lvls of wrong wiz hp rolls i was not allowed to fix and might even put me slightly above whear i would be if i had never made that error.

so in summery my guy is currently going to start being a d**k back and yes my DM is making me play with a wizard with less hp that i should have. but what yall think about my items and stuff other than that?

insert word wall apology hear.  

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:27 pm
I'm going to be honest, I can't understand most of what you're saying. I don't know if English is your second language, you flunked it in school, or you're too young to have mastered spelling, but your posts are so riddled with typos that it's hard to understand what you're saying, or worse, what you're asking of us.

I'm not trying to be mean, though, so I'll just stick to what I said earlier. If you're not having fun, drop them and play with someone else. I did catch that bit about the DM making you play a wizard and that's not cool. The DM shouldn't decide what your character is, you should. The DM gets to play as everything but the heroes - literally millions of NPCs at his disposal, and all you get is your character, so who and what your character is should be nobody's decision but your own. But that's more him being a shitty DM than anything.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:40 pm
honestly my teacher from high school labeled me as a semi-phonic speller. but then again i did fail spelling a lot during school. also when i am writing these walls of text i jump around and add things that i think are relevant to the part i am currently trying to edit. like the last sentences that gets confusing for me after a bit. but English is my first language, i use to have a friend hear on Gaia that i would ask to make translations of my posts for me. but that was like 2-3 years ago. god i feel old now, and i have not bean on any sites/games that require typing recently. plus my keyboard has some keys missing to. but if you want joke about the 32 year old that can`t spell pleas do it behind my back. i have had way to meany grammar Nazis attack me for this and at this point if they cant read/under stand the basic jest of my text walls they can just stuff it and ignore me. but that is my stance on that. but because as you didn't poke fun at me for it your cool. now i will try to boil down what i want and i hope i can get it to make more sense.

just asking for
1. advice on ways to respond to my party
2. how balanced / well designed my ideas for items/spells are and how i could fix/tweak them to be more balanced.

just gona add text wall apology to sig at this point. xp  

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:46 pm
Sorry, I wasn't trying to make fun of you. Like I said, I wasn't trying to be mean, just saying it was hard for me to figure out what you were trying to say. But I guess I shouldn't have pointed it out at all. My bad.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:17 am
TerashiLeonGoken
its ok as i said your wording was explaining to me. some ppl just out wright say "learn to spell" or "your lying no 32 yer old with English as there first languish spells that badly". you have probably seen them round Gaia. i was addressing any of them not you sir, you seem to be very under standing and that makes me happy to see. as before you & me are cool. and sorry for the confusion on that Mr Leon.

in summary in case you do not want to read all the above txt.
1 sorry about the misunderstanding.

2 i should not have added my attempt to "cut the grammar Nazis off at the pass" to my reply to you.

3 i think i will keep adding these little simplified parts on my posts. they seem to make me easier to under stand xp  

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:00 am
The usual response to this sort of issues is...

Speak to them like an adult, if you cannot come to some sort of reconciliation then leave they aren't the only group out there.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:45 pm
Mongooseh
they aren't the only group out there.

while that is true. i only know of this one in my town. i only found these guys from a comic book store i go to. owner told me a guy was going to be starting a game and asked if because i was buying dice, i had any interest in playing/joining. i have wanted to learn/play for like 25 years now but did not know any groups and the only one i knew that played was my little bro. who refused to take me to meat his group/ friends that played. so unfortunately i might be stuck. that is why i am looking for advice on how to get the situation under control.  

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items