[PRP] duty calls [ a'ye + v'kenti

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:59 pm
With his wing down a rider, A'ye decided to step up for the time being. There was still time for mourning, still time for thinking of how they'd honor their late and fallen friends, but for now the greenrider was going to make sure there was nothing to disrupt the flow of Burning Aces. Oyath had agreed that staying busy would help ease the sting of loss that came from Cheza, and so when A'ye took over extra duties she didn't complain.

Not that she could, considering she was injured and could barely move on her own. Her throat looked awful, as did much of her face and chest, and the road to recovery would be long. A'ye was much better in terms of injuries with only a few scrapes and burns that would fade with time. He was lucky to be unblemished, Oyath had snorted, and A'ye wondered if there was an unseen force that protected his face.

Today he was delivering some paperwork to the different Wingleaders, a task he normally didn't do but was glad to try a hand it. It was new and gave him a chance to talk with others he'd otherwise never have reason to talk to; usually he'd be nervous over the reason but in this case it was a little thrilling. With several scrolls in hand, he found himself near V'kenti, a bronzerider he knew from their Candidate days - as well as his dragon being the one who provided the latest clutch on High Reaches sands. Knocking against the wall to get the man's attention, A'ye waited to be acknowledged before moving in.

Nilah44

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:00 pm
The desk that was V'kenti's normal post was covered in papers, or what he would call organized chaos. Each topic had a stack with different parts of each one catty-cornered. If asked for any particular document he would be able to find it instantly, even if it would take someone else an hour or so. He was writing his report over the last threadfall when he heard knocking at his door. Without looking up, "Mhmm, come in." He continued writing a few sentences quickly which made the writing barely legible.

Once he was finished, he looked up to see a somewhat familiar face: A'ye. They'd served as candidates together until V'kenti impressed Takarath. The other was now a green rider of Burning Aces wing, if he remembered correctly. He studied the man for a moment. "A'ye. I'm sorry for your wing's loss." He said politely but with meaning. He seemed to be holding something though, which made him think it was more than a social call. "Can I help you with something?" He cocked his head slightly, looking over his childhood friend.

houllow
owo

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:10 pm
"Hello V'kenti." There was a level of calmness A'ye had with this particular bronzerider that he didn't have with many others, though it could easily be attributed towards their longstanding friendship. It'd certainly waned a bit over the turns with dragons and life coming quickly, but at his core A'ye liked to believe they maintained something a little more than basic acquaintance. "Thank you, for your thoughts. Cheza was....a good friend." Saying her name still stung, and the greenrider hadn't found the strength just yet to go seek out his wingmate's weyrmate. A touch of coward colored him yellow. "Oyath still mourns the loss of her younger sister Zurath, but I think we'll make it through."

They really would make it through. "Her loss is why I'm here, actually. I've picked up some extra work and a few tasks happened to be delivering duty rosters to the other wings." A'ye hadn't bothered looking, as he knew whatever written wasn't for him. Likely the papers contained plans for the next Fall, or when and where the Burning Aces wing would be holding their drills. It also might contain a request for a transfer to replace the lost greenrider, or a whole host of other things. He stepped in and stopped in front of the desk, holding out several thick rolls for V'kenti to take.

Nilah44

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:52 pm
The bronze rider smiled sadly. Unfortunately, it was their way, something they had to get used to or else there'd be no coming back from between. A thought that sent a small chill down his spine. "It's never easy, no matter how many times you experience it. The sad truth is we have to keep on, if for nothing else but their sake." Meaning the deceased. V'kenti gave him a small, sad smile. It must be difficult for the dragons as well, It is, sometimes, but we know what we must do.

As A'ye handed him a few various scrolls, he set them aside on top of a few piles where the balance of things wouldn't be upset. Checking their contents was something he'd do at a later time as it'd be rude to do so in front of A'ye. "Mhmm. You and Oyath were also injured in this fall, weren't you?" He eyed the rider. "Is Oyath doing well?"

houllow

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:23 pm
A'ye had to control the surprise that covered his face - he wasn't aware that many people outside of his wing would know of the injuries that he and his dragon had suffered. They weren't as major as most, and it warmed him a little to know someone cared to ask. "She took some Thread to the throat and got torn up a bit, but the healers are saying she should be fine. We were lucky enough to get treatment right away and that the injuries happened right near the end of Fall."

His dragon still had wraps about her neck and would have them for a few more sevendays, probably. The wounds had not been life threatening, thankfully, but she certainly wasn't in any shape to really be running around or flying high. An open wound in the cold of Between was seriously asking for trouble, which is why A'ye kept himself busy with desk duty and passing along notes that could be done on foot.

"As for me, nothing major. A little bit of burning on the face from some ash, but it's healed without a mark. I think something out there must be looking out for my face." It was a casual joke, a callback perhaps to their childhood in which a lot of A'ye's problems had come from his looks. "How'd you fare? Are you and yours doing well? I admit I don't know much about the casualties from the other wings, and I know as a bronze Takarath has to fly full shift."

Nilah44

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:26 pm
"Mmm. That's what I'd heard. I'm glad to know she'll make a recovery. I tend to look at any report I can concerning threadfall. I saw a greenrider from Burning Aces wing and investigated." V'kenti was glad to know that Oyath would be okay and glad that they had some time between threadfalls still so that the green could recover. If she'd gotten treatment quickly he was sure she'd be fine. He had a feeling A'ye wouldn't be out and about if she wasn't going to make a quick recovery, well, as quick as one could expect with such injuries.

The wingleader looked over A'ye as he explained the extent of his injuries. "Someone or something must be watching over you Mr. Beauty." A rare tease from him now a days. V'kenti thought on his question for a few moments before answering. "Tornado wing did fairly well, we flew low altitude twice so it was a little easier on my riders." V'kenti always thinking about his wing first as he always thought of them as 'his'. "Takarath and I are well. We took a few threadscores this go around, the wind was rather erratic and, well, you can't predict them all. And don't worry, I don't expect you to know about my wing's injuries. If I must admit, its simply a fun past time for me." For both him and Lestenna really. The two really were work-a-holics: working for 'fun'.

houllow

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:50 pm
A'ye was going to make a remark about reading up on injuries not being a fun past time, but instead he just laughed it off and kept on the joke about his face. "I'll have you know being called Mr. Beauty since candidacy has done me no favors, unless you know of anyone looking for someone like me. I could always use the extra work." There was a pause and a few ticks later A'ye's first turned bright red. "Pr-proper work!! Like, legal and above the table and - " He was stammering quite badly, prompting him to pull his hands up to cover his face. Of course his arms were full of scrolls that needed delivered elsewhere and thus he smacked himself soundly with a few of them. "... . . . .don't laugh."

It was okay for V'kenti to laugh, really. Old friends were allowed to laugh at how completely ridiculous he was, how a lot of his habits from childhood had not vanished at all despite his age. The scrolls were lowered down and A'ye cleared his throat, trying to move ahead from the red marks that he knew would be spreading from the sudden impact.

Nilah44

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:45 pm
The nickname might not have done him any favors but it was definitely true, at least of the two V'kenti thought so. It was A'ye next words and reaction to correct any misunderstandings that made the normally even mannered man chuckle and smile. He raised his eyes at him wondering what else the work needed to be above. Shaking his head slightly, he ran a hand through his hair as A'ye hid himself behind scrolls.

"Just wait, my friend, I'm sure it'll do you some favors later in life." He couldn't help the few more laughs that escaped his mouth when he looked back. "If you have the time, you can pull up a chair and I'll have some Klah brought." He eyed the scrolls held in the other's hands. "Or if there's no other 'proper' work you have to do..." Only one eyebrow raised this time. There were few people that V'kenti felt he could be at ease with, and perhaps it was something A'ye brought out of the normally serious wingleader.

houllow

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:55 am
"...............you know, sometimes I remember that you're not so insufferable." A'ye was down to stay forever once klah was mentioned, and the greenrider moved to take a seat. He normally wouldn't have been so casual with any rider, let alone a bronzerider, but there was just something about how long he'd known V'kenti and the turns of banter they'd shared as kids and as candidates. Plus, if he could be more honest, he rather liked the man and his dragon on a professional level. Takarath was a good sort, even Oyath could somewhat agree to that.

He....probably did need to learn to watch his tone a bit, should he decide to become too relaxed and careless. A'ye wasn't usually the type to have to worry about such things, as he was always the quiet one in a group or the listener in a two-person conversation. He was certain that once he was settled in with a mug of klah in his hands he'd go back to being quiet, though perhaps he could offer to help in any way. He was somewhat decent at organizing, and he did like to read, but....this wasn't his wing and this wasn't his place to really bother. "I appreciate the offer."

Nilah44

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:18 pm
"Only sometimes, and don't forget it." V'kenti laughed a little more before most of the humor left his face. He was glad to see that A'ye sat down to join him for just a little bit. The bronzerider resisted looking towards his work that still needed to be done. He'd only have to stay up a few candle marks later to compensate which wouldn't be that bad. How often did he really take to see what things outside his wing were. Well...with things not thread or Weyr related. V'kenti made a mental note to try and do so more often. Perhaps he could get Nim to help him. She knew and understood .

The man stood and walked to the door. Luckily, there was a drudge just a few weyrs down that he flagged down and asked politely if the young woman would bring up some klah and cups. He returned back to his desk and sat down and studied his friend for a few moments. "A'ye..." The wingleader paused, uncertain of where his question had been going. Seemingly making up his mind quick, he grabbed a stack of papers and shuffled through them. "What make you of the senior weyrlings? They should be graduating soon." Which meant being put into wings. He wondered if his friend had any information on any of them.

houllow

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:51 pm
A'ye was more excited for klah than anything else if he wanted to be honest, and while he was thinking of how nice it would be to drink, V'kenti's question caught him entirely off-guard. Instantly his face paled as though he'd been put on the spot, and he tried to brush it back like no big deal. This wasn't an official inquiry, this wasn't a bronze-rider asking the opinion of some lowly green-rider in an effort to see if he felt threatened or anything.

He wanted to, he needed to, take this as a conversation between friends that could be weighed a little heavier than most. That was how it needed to be seen and how he was going to try and play it. Still, his face remained white and he was certain his eyes held small traces of fear. He didn't like being asked anything, especially not about his opinion on others.

"HonESTly." His voice cracked, and A'ye winced. This is why people looked down on him, he was pathetic and useless when people asked the most basic things. Maybe he should just excuse himself and leave, apologizing later for skipping out on klah. A rumble in his mind, Oyath's support, told him to keep going, and so he cleared his throat and tried again. "Honestly, from what I've seen of them there's clearly room for improvement among a few. Their first Threadfall wasn't quite to the standards most would hope for, but they all flew well this last run."

Was it even his right to be saying this? These dragons were the children of V'kenti's after all, and so he felt like he was just badmouthing family of friends. "I have no real comment on the Gold and her rider - it's not exactly a circle I associate with. Nor could I ever say the bronze or browns give me a time of day. I'm not exactly welcome in those ranks." The bitterness slipped in and he bit it back.

"As for the Weyrlings themselves, the people, they've matured quite well. I forsee quite a bit of drama once the greens start to rise, but other than that they might do well? I'm not a Weyrlingmaster, nor a Candidatemaster. I'm just one of the mark-a-dozen male greenriders here."

Nilah44

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff