Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:49 pm
THE PREGNANT. IT'S IN THE AIR. gonk

2 of the 3 other girls I presently live with revealed they're either for sure pregnant, or very likely so today. They're both college students, both in a lot of money troubles, and one doesn't have any support system at all. One's 20 years old, the other is only 19. I'm having secondhand anxiety FOR them, holy cow.

It's surreal for me that we're getting toward that age where it's normal and expected to have kids. I'm still basically a kid myself. I'm 7 months away from starting my "big people" career, I have my own car, I have a small amount of savings set aside, and I have a tremendous support system... but I still can't even imagine what I'd do if I tested positive at this point in my life. That's gotta be 1000x harder with the challenges these two face. confused My mind has just been spiraling ever since I heard, that's the very last news I expected to wake up to.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:24 pm
There's a lot of financial support out there for people who have children. I couldn't imagine getting pregnant while still in college, because it's still not enough support to properly raise children, or give them comparable childhood.

I have cousin that had a kid at 16 and another at 18. And just recently another cousin whose 21 gave birth to a kid on her birthday. I think some people figure it out and some people become parents who really shouldn't.

I'm in a place now where a child would be disruptive, but manageable. Schools out of the way and I have a career.

Birth Control, Birth Control for Everyone.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

tulin13

Friendly Wolf

11,400 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:46 am
A lot of the people I didn't talk to very much at school have had quite a few kids each. It annoys me, because children are very expensive, and if you can't afford it...

cool4
Birth Control, Birth Control for Everyone.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:49 pm
Hysterectomies are awesome. cool

But I also froze eggs for later, so... whee  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items