Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[3.5] Discovering the Holy Kingdom Recruitment Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What version of DnD would YOU like to use for this game?
  3.5e/Pathfinder
  5e
View Results

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:21 pm
Hi. I'd like to offer some activity to this thread by running a DnD game. Now, I have enough experience to run a 5e game, but I still prefer 3.5e over it. That said, I'll let those interested vote for what they want (and if there's a tiebreaker, I'll make the decision). Since 3.5e and Pathfinder are so similar, those of you wanting to take options from Pathfinder and use it in our 3.5 game (if we do choose that) are free to do so.

The campaign world is one of my own creation. I expect those interested to make their own character sheets, and have access to every class and race available to the system we play on (3.5 will have more options, but 5e will be a bit more balanced overall). Mind you, I will help those who need help getting their character together. The main element I'm concerned about is backstory. If you want to play a character that is discovering the continent of Ferelein (which has nothing to do with Ferelden, thank you very much) for the first time, you're free to make up whatever you please. If you want to play as someone who has lived their entire lives in one of the territories of the Holy Kingdom, then tell me what it is you have in mind for your character and I can provide locations and events to tie things together. Players of elven races would need particular help with this, as Ferelein is host to its own subraces of elves, and they would remember things that happened before Ferelein was placed in the Material Plane.

If you would like to join the game, please post here so I can show Rain Yupa that I have players to host and intend to do so that I might get a subforum set up for us.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:21 pm
I would be potentially interested. Can you give us some more information about the setting and how the adventure will begin?  

Kowsauni
Crew

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:12 pm
The setting is Ferelein, a large continent that was placed in the middle of an ocean in the Material Plane when the demiplane it previously resided on was destroyed. Upon Ferelein lies the Holy Kingdom of Pariyl, the Monarchy that rules the majority of the land. There is nothing necessarily 'holy' about the Holy Kingdom currently - it's just a name that has passed down from the thousands of years since its inception. It rules over several territories, such as the Imrel, Crystal, and Miadar territories, which compose of a wide stretch of grassland known as the Domin Plains, that are populated by Bal Imrel and Sadrith Imrel, Crystal City, and the metropolis of Miadar respectively. It also rules over the Xeranoth Territory, home to the Kurem Desert upon which rests Revenga City, which the home of trade for the Holy Kingdom for those unwilling or unable to take up residence in Miadar.

Imrel is the poorer of the territories. Bal Imrel is a common home for laborers and lower merchants. Sadrith Imrel, however, is where those who fancy magic but can't afford training in Miadar's School of the Arcane reside. Magic item and spell trade are common there, but not sanctioned. While the Imrel territory does live under the kingdom's laws, Imrel is at the southern end of the continent, and thus it can be hard for lawmen to make the trek there, so it's easier for ne'er do wells to make a profit there. The truly rich in Pariyl take up residence in Crystal City, a somewhat elitist community that is beset by a wall made of Crystal, hence the name. The majority of the Kingdom's residents live in Miadar, which is also the primary hub for both arcane and divine spellcasters. The castle upon which the Holy Kingdom's monarchy resides is on an island that floats over the Durendem Territory, where the dwarves of Ferelein live and govern themselves, though the dwarves consider the multiracial kingdom of Pariyl an ally.

Territories not ruled by the Holy Kingdom include the Free Port of Galabad, a mountainous region where the Sky Elves reside, using airships that were built in the demiplane that Pariyl used to reside to live and do their business in because ******** living on mountains. Galabad considers itself neither an ally, nor an enemy to Pariyl, and refuses to stick its neck in other nations' businesses. There's also the Ravalice Territory, home to the Marsh Elves. Ravalice pretends to support the Holy Kingdom for now, but not forever.

The adventure starts a couple of decades after Ferelein is plopped into its section of ocean, giving other nations of the Material Plane the chance to discover its existence by whatever means available to them. There are no sea ports in Ferelein, so where the players end up will be determined by random and how they explore the land will be up to them. Mind you, players do have the option to create characters that are native to Pariyl, who can help the tourists on their way if they so please. Mind you, aside from the territories, there are two large stretches of wilderness (one of which is landlocked, the other is not), so the exploring players aren't guaranteed to land amidst civilization. I want to leave Ferelein open to the players for a while, but I do have plans for adventures and quests for the players once they find the right places and do the right things.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:48 pm
I am interested in both systems. On one hand(5e), I have three characters already built, just would have to work out the backstory bits. On the other(3.5e), I get to blow of the dust on a my old 3.5 books, awesome.

So, I will not vote, due to their not being a third option of "either, is good." smile

That said, 3.5 looks like the champion.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:42 am
Hmm, well I prefer 3.5 simply for the plethora of material there is out for it, but I could do a 5th ed game.

As it stands, and if I am allowed, I am thinking of playing one of my monster characters for this. There backstory would be about them fleeing to Ferelein to escape persecution from their home land for well...being a monster.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:12 am
As long as the monster race doesn't have a level adjustment, that's fine. 3.5 does seem to be winning out, but I only see two people interested right now, so let's give it a bit. I want to have at least one more player.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:34 pm
What kind of place did Ferelein come from? And what are the differences between the elf races?Trying to decide if I want to be a native/elf...

Kow : which cool beastie are you thinking about playing?  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:15 am
That's up in the air at the minute. I wasn't putting to much thought into it until I was sure if this was going to be a thing or not.

I was toying between using one of my existing monster characters such as using Lydia my drider or Enyo my harpy or possibly even Corsica as as Scorpionfolk.

Or, I might make a brand new character. I have a medusa character I haven't used in this guild yet and its been a very long time since I used my centaur, Cia. I also have a nixie named Aya that you guys have only seen as a minor npc in the Beast of a Thousand Knives ark.  

Kowsauni
Crew

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:59 pm
Forgive my absence, internet's been down until recently. I apologize in advance for the walls of text.

Pariyl's History
Ferelein wasn't originally a continent - the land it consists of was originally five smaller continents when its original demiplane, the Demiplane of Righteousness, was created. The era of the Demiplane of Righteousness's existence is where the 'Holy Kingdom' got its name. Demons led by a human known then as the Tyrant Queen Amaya and her succubus lieutenant Iusti destroyed the Demiplane of Righteousness. A half-celestial paladin rose to deityhood shortly before this happened and used her newfound power to create Demiplane of Ordeal, upon which she placed the five continents of Pariyl and formed them together, creating Ferelein. Two eras passed in the second Demiplane, separated in history by the arrival of a black dragon horde that corrputed the seas with their acid breath. Pariyl's inventors came up with technology to lift the land above the sea to prevent the land from rotting while Pariyl's adventurers hunted the dragons down. To lift Ferelien above the seas, however, they had to split the land back into the original five continents. Eventually, descendants of Amaya's army, calling themselves the Daughters of Iusti, destroyed the Demiplane of Ordeal. The deity that created the second Demiplane, now known as Serenity, took the five continents to the Material plane and put them back together again, reforming Ferelein. Mind you, naught but the oldest of elves would remember when Ferelein was separated to protect the land from rotting in the acidic ocean, and no mortal alive would remember the Demiplane of Righteousness at all due to the amount of time that has passed.

Subraces native to Pariyl
Very shortly after Ferelein was forged in the Material Plane, the high elves of the Ravalice territory angered a nature god and got their forests turned into swamps. The other elves of Pariyl left Ferelein to explore the 'new world', while the high elves remained, and spread themselves across Ferelein. The Marsh Elves are the high elves that remain in Ravalice. They rarely leave their territory, and have adapted to the swamps they now live in. The Sky Elves left the marches for the mountains of Galabad and were changed for it - they found themselves loving the sky more than the earth. There is a third kind of elf in Pariyl descent from high elves, but they're not as common as the Marsh or Sky Elves. Known as Star Elves, this subrace is often hunted by Marsh Elves for having originated from a cult of some kind of demon. Mind you, this is just a rumor, and it's not really known how Star Elves came to be. They're more often found in human settlements than anything else, and often try to pass themselves off as Sky Elves to avoid prosecution.

I've got pages written down for the statistical differences for the three races, and will post them in the subforum when we get one. I just need one other person to post before I message Rain Yupa about this.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:05 pm
I almost want to join, but I know I'm poor at keeping an eye on things here. Hell, only reason I do as well as I do for Unity and Desert Winds is that I talk with Rain and Plainsfox a lot and they do poke me if I have failed to check in. But that has nothing to do with the games, and more to do with just Gaia.

If I was to join, though, I'm deciding between a Kobold of some sort or a druid which I would then move into Master of Many Forms.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:42 am
Raganui Minamoto
I almost want to join, but I know I'm poor at keeping an eye on things here. Hell, only reason I do as well as I do for Unity and Desert Winds is that I talk with Rain and Plainsfox a lot and they do poke me if I have failed to check in. But that has nothing to do with the games, and more to do with just Gaia.

If I was to join, though, I'm deciding between a Kobold of some sort or a druid which I would then move into Master of Many Forms.
I can set up an out of character thread in the subforum and can PM you when I'm waiting on a post for you if you like. That said, that's three people, so I'll message Rain Yupa when I get home. I'd do it now, but I've got stuff to do IRL and there are many things I've got to set up once the subforum is ready for us.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:11 am
Sure. I'll definitely try to keep up.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:26 pm
Kowsauni
SCN_Grey_fox
Raganui Minamoto

Alright, message sent to the guild owner. Just waiting on his response, now.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:08 am
Kowsauni
SCN_Grey_fox
Raganui Minamoto

Subforum is up. I'll get some stuff put up tomorrow - native elf racial modifiers, a place to post character sheets, the out of character thread, etc. When at least three people have characters made and I know who's running native and who isn't, I'll get the game thread up. I'd do it now, but I should have already been in bed.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:37 am
How would you like us to roll out our characters? Asking in terms of settling ability scores (rolling bones, or would point buy work? If point buy is allowed how many?) And any materials forbidden?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff