[PRP] you are my starshine [ sahrawith + cynosuth&humans

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:43 pm
At first, R'ose thought it was just his dragonet being curious. She loved new things, loved taking new things, and so when she mentioned she'd seen a star in the Weyr he didn't take her too seriously. It was more impressive, in his opinion, that his Sawi knew what a star was, or he just assumed she saw something amazingly shiny and compared it to a star. Whatever it was he just prayed she didn't want to take it and somehow bring it back to the barracks; the last thing he needed was to apologize again for her pilfering ways. When nothing turned up despite her continued insistence that she'd seen the star multiple times, he passed it off and generally let her keep babbling. There was no harm in baby talk and baby dreams, until Sahrawith had the sense to actually point out the so-called star on one of their walks in the Weyrbowl.

"Sahrawith, that is very much a dragon." A large, green dragon to boot, one from the more recent clutch to happen on High Reaches' sands. He'd stood for that one and clearly not Impressed, but it'd been nearly a turn ago and he wasn't going to dwell on the past. If he recalled, her name was....Cynabath? Cynosuth? Whatever. "She's not a star."

The minty green dragonet snorted and shook her head, her eyes whirling a pale lavender as she looked towards the dragon in question. You don't see her light? There was clearly no light, but Sahrawith pressed on. She shines really brightly, it's how I knew she was a star. Before R'ose could think to interject, she was moving. I want to go talk to her. I am going to go talk to her. The jr. weyrling found his hands reaching for empty space as Sahrawith quickly trotted away, her speed completely betraying how tiny her body was.

Carefully, but not overly cautiously, Sahrawith made her way to the side of the larger green and her rider.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:52 pm

"Cynosuth, I need you to hold very still," Dr'stan said, as he worked to remove the stitches that he'd sewn just after Threadfall. The Green dragon held as still as she knew how, waiting patiently for her rider to remove the stitches in her wingsail. It would probably heal better without them, at this point. My Dr'stan, there is a dragonet nearby, she quietly told him, staring down at the baby who had just arrived.

Hello, Cynosuth said gently, peering down at little Sahrawith. I am glad to meet you, Sahrawith. In person, at least. For who did not know of the little babies that had been brought to High Reaches on dragon wing?

houllow

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:01 pm
Sahrawith's eyes drew wide as she pulled to a stop, sitting herself down in front of the rider and dragon pair like the obedient child she was not. You....know my name? Who I am? She sounded and looked incredulous, almost daring herself to demand to know how or why. Had Sahrawith somehow developed a reputation inside the Weyr without her knowing so? Hers had not said anything of the sort, even when he did take and return all her treasures to others, but maybe that was his way of being kind to her.

Her rider, for his part, was somewhat keeping back. It wasn't as though he had a poor relationship with Dr'stan, far from it as they had none to speak of if he could recall, but rather he wanted Sahrawith to experience this on her terms without his added pressure. She was the one who wanted to see the Star after all.

I know who you are too. You're Cynosuth. You're a star.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:06 pm

"All right," Dr'stan said, recognizing that Cynosuth was going to move no matter what he wished. He paused in his work, stepping back. The stitches would have to come out when the Green had finished properly meeting the dragonet before her.

Cynosuth leaned down so that her nose lightly touched Sahrawith's. Yes, I know your name. Did you know that all dragons know one another's names? she asked, watching the baby with blue-green eyes. She was quite happy to have such good company, and had not even realized that it was possible. My brothers and sisters call me a star. I think we each have a little name for each other. Do you have a name like that, too? she asked the sweet Green baby.

houllow

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:22 pm
As the larger green moved down to softly touch noses with her, Sahrawith all but exploded with delight. Her eyes, already a soft lavender of love and delight, whirled deeper with the action. The star was talking to her, the star knew who she was! Granted it was true, all dragons did know one another's name, but still! I...mine calls me his Sawi. You can call me that, if you want! It didn't sound nearly as lovely as being called a star, but it was her special name to share with others as she pleased. It makes me happy that your brothers and sisters know you're a star too. When I first saw you, you were so bright. It was so beautiful.

There was love in adoration in her eyes as Sahrawith continued to look up at Cynosuth.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:34 pm

Sawi, Cynosuth said, testing out the name. Yes, that seemed to suit little Sahrawith very well. Your R'ose seems to be a very good match for you, to pick such an excellent name, the Green told her small companion, hunkering down so that she could better speak to the baby. How kind of you to think so. Everyone is beautiful in their own special way, Sawi. As are you. As were each and every one of her brothers and sisters - along with every dragon in the Weyr!

houllow

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:16 pm
But...you're really pretty. I don't think I've seen anyone like you before. Sahrawith tilted her head to the side as she tried to process what Cynosuth was saying. She understood for the most part, accepting that this green was older than her and therefore knew way more, but maybe she was having an issue getting what she was saying across.

There was the point that she didn't even know what she wanted to say to start with, as she hadn't actually planned a proper conversation happening. It had intended to be a meet and greet and run away in a panic, not Cynosuth settling down to be on her level. It was actually overwhelming how happy she felt, and panicked, and it started to leak from her emotions in waves that had her eyes shifting from purple to a faint yellow.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:26 pm

The little Green's hearts were flattered by what the baby was saying, and she wanted to make her feel better. Poor darling! Thank you. That is very kind of you to say, Cynosuth told her, and then touched her nose gently to Sahrawith's again. What is wrong, Sawi? she asked, noticing how the baby's eyes were edging into yellow. How sad! What could she do to make all right?

houllow

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:02 pm
It felt so wonderful to hear the Star call her Sawi, and Sahrawith tried to bite back the creeping yellow. This was a wonderful thing, a truly happy thing, and she didn't need to cause problems by making Cynosuth think anything else. You're so amazing and it's so wonderful that you're talking to me. I've liked you for a very long time and to be able to talk to you makes me so happy it hurts. Considering she was barely a month old and had hardly been out and about there was room for doubt on her feelings, but the sincerity in her words held true.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:46 am

Hearing those sweet words melted Cynosuth's hearts. Dear little Sawi, anyone should be pleased to talk to someone like you, the Green told her new companion. How long, indeed, could Sahrawith have liked her? Only since her arrival at High Reaches. But the sentiment was adorable, all the same. Perhaps Cynosuth was not taking it quite as seriously as little Sawi meant. One day, you shall have hatchlings to meet, and I hope that they will be as kind to you as you have been to me.

houllow

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:40 pm
Maybe Cynosuth wasn't understanding what Sahrawith was trying to say? The little green had her doubts but quickly smashed them down, not wanting to even believe that the older, smarter, far more wonderful green was incapable of understanding anything. Mine says he loves the sound of my voice, that it's like listening to someone speak for the first time, every time. Warm thoughts flooded her hearts as she spoke of R'ose. And yes maybe one day I will, but!!! But you're so much better than me! You're so wonderful and bright, and I'm just....small.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Staring down at the sweetest little Green to have ever been hatched, Cynosuth gave a fond churr. You are very kind to say so. But little Sawi, you are a beautiful Green, the Star told her little friend. Little Mint! Gently, Cynosuth curled around the little Green, extending a wing over her. What do you like, little Sawi? she asked genially, peering down into that sweet little face.

houllow

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:47 pm
You. A lot. Sahrawith's response was blunt and did not skip a beat, and for a flicker of a moment her eyes whirled with loving purple. Of course she was young and could perhaps be mistaking admiration for affection, but that was a risk she was more than willing to take.

She also doubted that Cynosuth would accept such an answer, she continued. I also like....shiny things, and the way that Mine crinkles his nose when he smiles.

Mr Cheri

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff