[PRP] sunshine (on a cloudy day) [ f'ell&teth + stormy Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:38 am
There were reports of Thread falling over around High Reaches, with dragons flaming against less than stellar conditions. F'ell had gotten a firelizard not too long ago from a friend, the usual missive they shared before each one flew, and he debated sending a reply back so soon. There was a chance Fall was still happening and he had no desire to try and get out a letter if his friend wasn't even on the ground to read it. Plus he had other things to do, like...not writing a letter, or letting Teth run around in the sunshine. The massive brown was in a particularly cheerful mood, as was he default, and so the pair made their way to a wide stretch of beach with no particular goal in mind.

It's sunny, it's warm!!! It's sunny and warm!!!! Teth bugled his happiness as he darted about the sands, kicking up massive piles as he circled and jumped in his own sort of game. F'ell sidestepped as best he could, not particularly wanting sand on the sketchbook he carried or worse, in his hair. Sand was evil and got everywhere and although Teth liked the feel of it on his hide, F'ell would rather have chewed glass than deal with it in his bed. Mine, it's so nice! I love today! The rider gave an affectionate nudge and sent the dragon on his way to explore, fairly certain he would not lose sight of such a massive beast.

The brown slowly plodded his way down the beach, nosing at rocks and at creatures that happened to be sunning themselves. Everything was touched and inspected, with claw and with snout, and all the while Teth sent waves of delight back to his rider. Today was such a good day, he hoped it only got better.

medigel
if this is not okay at all, like you're super busy, no need to reply! just let me know!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:21 pm
Threadfall was coming. But not yet.

That was the important part. Stormy, barefoot and indulgent, wanted to take her walk before she and the other Candidates were taken back into the kitchens to help. And it was a good day on top of that, which made it all the more important to enjoy. Sketchbook in hand (she had learned it was best to keep that close), she began to meander the beach, stretching her sore legs as she did so.

Well, moreso her feet, oddly enough. The sand felt great between her toes as she made her way along, flexing them every once in a while with a small wince. Moving about was good; standing still, not so much. There were several others enjoying the weather while they could as well, including some riders who were either antsy about the Threadfall reports from contacts at High Reaches. She paused as she scanned them, ever curious to catch the fetching hides and patterns on dragons.

There was a brown there who looked like he had an artistic rain cloud, even. Hoping she didn't stand out too much just standing there, Stormy began to make a rough sketch of what she could make out from that distance. One never knew when she could incorporate these patterns into her needlwork...

houllow

medigel

Anxious Spirit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:53 pm
Oh no, he spotted someone. There was someone on the beach, someone holding the same type of thing he often say His holding. Teth's eyes whirled a very merry blue as he tried to sneak closer, which was an impossible thing to do considering she was looking at him to begin with. Or so he hoped she was looking at him, because he was looking at her!

Hello! Hi!!!! Today is so nice, isn't it? Without any consideration to how a person might feel to suddenly have a voice in their head that was't their own, Teth gave a friendly greeting and a wave of affection. He continued his not-so-sneaky approach despite whatever shock he might have given the poor girl, all the while chatting away and sending massive waves of warmth and affection.

medigel

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:35 am
It was terribly hard to ignore him inching closer, and Stormy couldn't help but smile a little as the dragon drew closer. She tried to indulge him by peering more at her sketchbook, but it was impossible to keep it up once he started talking to her. There was a small start when he did so--words were one thing, but feelings were certainly another--but Stormy tried to smooth it over when she looked back up. Unfortunately, she still looked awkward.

"Right now, yes," she agreed, self-consciously closing the notebook. "It might not be later."

houllow

medigel

Anxious Spirit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:15 pm
Teth might not have been the brightest dragon in terms of intelligence, but F'ell had always told him that he was fairly decent at reading a mood. When he wanted to. When someone pointed out. Sensing maybe this person wasn't happy based on how she closed her sketchbook (he knew what that was!!), the brown instantly dropped down so he was somewhat crouched, somewhat resting on his belly. Maybe his size had made her upset? She was still talking to him but she seemed.......well!!! He was still happy to see her!!

Instead of sending feelings this time he exhaled warm puffs of breathe, rustling the girl's hair and clothing. Do you like the nice weather? I like the sunshine because it's warm and everyone is outside. It means I can see people!! I can see you!!! Despite his attempts to keep neutral and calm, the happiness was positively oozing out of the dragon. His chattiness was second to none, and his eyes kept swirling in merry colors.
Were he the type to wag his tail like some common canine, he would have been. Were you drawing did I bother you??? Mine likes to draw and paint too, can I see what you drew?

medigel

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:29 pm
It was a lot in so short a time, Stormy just blinked at first. She smiled until her mind caught up, and then she cracked her notebook back open, turning it to the most recent page before showing it to the brown: just a sketchy version of his cloudy markings, next to some stripes, flames, and spots on small dragon figures that applied to the senior weyrlings. Those seemed pretty popular given how much she tried to redo them.

"I'm not very good," she told him. "But I like doodling. Is Yours nearby?"

houllow

medigel

Anxious Spirit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:05 pm
Not good? You are very good, these are really great. There was no false flattery in Teth's voice, no remote hint that he was just saying what he felt she wanted to hear. Pride radiated from the dragon as he bent down to nose the young woman's sketchbook, a puff of his breath rustling the pages. Is this me? It's me yes??? I'm so happy you wanted to draw me!! He should have stopped there, but the brown moved so he could puff the poor girl's hair with his breath too, the pride and happiness still pouring off him like water from a bucket.

If ever there was a dragon who felt nothing but happiness and could not read the atmosphere around him, it would be Teth. Still, he moved on. Mine? You want to meet him? He's over there. He moved and swung his head in the direction of a young man standing on the beach. The figure was holding a sketchbook of his own, and from the distance the pair stood it was easy to make out that he was possibly....drawing. Or just staring off into the distance, which was also not out of character for him.

The brown bugled, which prompted the young man to turn. He wants to know what I want. What do you want?

medigel

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:36 pm
Stormy stood still as a statue as the dragon nosed about, only moving to allow him more room and to smile a little bit more. The brown reminded her of an overly excited flit, and it was adorable. And a little overwhelming.

She passed a look towards the figure he pointed out and immediately began to backpedal when she saw he looked busy. "I don't want to bother him," she told the dragon. "I was just curious. Does he draw, too?"

houllow

medigel

Anxious Spirit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:27 pm
Okay. Teth sent a small wave of calm over Stormy, his head tilting to the side as he apparently conveyed a message back to his rider. He draws a lot!!! It's how I knew the words for drawing, Mine taught me! The brown sounded so proud, so very proud, and he puffed up with delight while speaking of his rider. He likes to paint on me sometimes!!! I don't have any paint today because Mine oiled me earlier.

Teth sounded genuinely sad despite clearly enjoying being oiled every day. He was huge and had a lot of hide to cover, so any slips in caring for him could and would result in itchy patches and tears. And!!! And you're never a bother!!! Mine needs friends too, he likes when I'm happy!!! I want you to meet him but if you!! If you don't want to I won't force you.

The rider, for his part, was still looking over at the pair, though it was hard to tell just what expression he wore from the distance away he was. Any motions he was doing had stopped, so Teth had interrupted him, but from the happiness that still leaked from his dragon it was likely the young man didn't care. Or Teth didn't care, which was more plausible.

medigel

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:40 am
Her eyes lit up at the idea: painting on dragons. That sounded delightful!

"If you don't think he'd mind," she told the brown, emboldened a little by their commonality in art. If nothing else, she didn't want to disappoint such an enthusiastic dragon by saying no. Facing said rider, she gave a small, shy curl of her fingers in what could have passed for a wave.

houllow

medigel

Anxious Spirit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:51 pm
Teth released a small bugle of delight at the woman's positive note about his rider, and he quickly swung his head back in F'ell's direction. Whatever conversation between them happened was surprisingly muted, not broadcast like everything else Teth often did, and the brown moved to look back at the candidate. He will be over in a moment, but he doesn't want to talk to you. He says I can do all the talking!!! Teth puffed up as though he were proud of himself at the honor of being F'ell's voice, and not that his rider may or may not have said something really rude. F'ellmine doesn't like to talk at all though but he likes to paint and I think he would like your drawings!!! If you want to share with him because I think they look nice and so he'll think they look nice too.

Perhaps it was for the best that a dragon didn't really need to breathe while they spoke or else Teth would have long since suffocated. He continued to stand near the young woman as he glanced now and then towards his rider, who was indeed moving now like he was coming closer. The sheer happiness that radiated from the brown at the sight of his coming over was enough to induce cavities in the teeth of anything nearby.

OH oh OH DID I forget!! To ask your name I'm sorry I'm sorry! Teth sent a small hiccup of worry, likely coming from the fact that F'ell had asked the question just then and he wasn't able to properly answer. My name is Teth, and mine is F'ell. You are our friend now, okay.

medigel

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:00 pm
Oh...Maybe it wasn't a good idea to bother him after all? But far be it from Stormy to try and stop this four-legged bundle of sunshine who was now calling her friend. Faranth knew she couldn't afford to get rusty at being social, even if it meant going through a third party.

"Hi, Teth and F'ell," she said. "Call me Stormy. Um." She hesitated before lifting the notebook of sketches and motioning to it at the rider. Unless Teth had sent those images already? Oh boy. Uh. "I was just trying to sketch him. He's lovely."

houllow

medigel

Anxious Spirit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:10 pm
Stormy!!! That name sounds so lovely!! Like....like the weather? Did your parents name you after weather?? That's so amazing!! Teth had to stop himself from jumping around the young woman in excitement, partly because F'ell was telling him to step and also partly because he may have accidentally stepped on her. He was massive after all and any slight mistake would end up...badly. I...named myself!!! But Stormy is so amazing!! I love it!!! There was no denying that Teth loved the name Stormy. Really.

Thankfully his tense motions were subsided the moment F'ell approached, and the dingy-looking rider leaned against his dragon to look at the young woman. Dark hair covered his eyes, he looked downright disheveled, but Teth seemed absolutely delighted to have F'ell there. The brown bent his neck down to nuzzle against him, his massive head nearly knocking the teen over. This is my F'ell!!! F'ellmine, her name is Stormy!!! Like the weather, isn't that so amazing??? The dragon was talking to his rider but he kept Stormy in the loop, his happy voice and feels dropping all around like a fresh rain. She draws!! She drew me!!! Stormy will you please show mine?? I know he would like it!!

F'ell raised an eyebrow, but it was hard to tell from the way his hair was and the fact that Teth was all but laying his head against the man. The only way he showed interest was he extended a hand out from beneath his dragon, and two fingers wiggled as if to say 'hand it here'. No please, sadly.

medigel

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:03 pm
She did as bid, and the sketches of Teth and the senior weyrling dragons was his. There were also notes about what material to use, where she might get appropriate thread colors, and so on. While he looked, Stormy nursed her injured toes as subtly as one could, burrowing her bare foot into the sand where the coolness and pressure helped alleviate it temporarily. If the brown buffeted her about anymore, she'd right well fall over.

"I named myself, too," she told Teth, her small smile mysterious.

houllow

medigel

Anxious Spirit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:41 am
Teth seemed downright shocked by Stormy's admission, and his eyes whirled a super happy green as he listened to her. You named yourself?!?!?! That's so amazing you picked such a pretty name I love it!!! The brown moved to jump again but F'ell stopped him, the rider apparently having noticed how the young woman before the pair was moving her feet. Oh no I'm sorry I'm jumping too much but!!! I'm so EXCITED that you are with mine and!!!! Again he tried to move, and again F'ell must have stopped him.

It was a never ending dance between the two, a hyperactive super-loving dragon and his.....rider. A rider who was looking over the work in the book, showing no signs of if he was impressed or not impressed or anything in between. Being covered by the brown didn't make reading his expressions any easier but after several page flips the sketchbook was handed back out towards Stormy. There was silence for a few seconds before Teth broke it.

Mine wants to know if you'd like to see his drawings!!!! He thinks yours are impressive, by the way!!! What are the thread colors for???? Are you going to make me some clothes??? I can't wear clothes!

medigel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces