Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Accepted Quests
[ q ] Gansey Gallagher // lt aventurine

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:49 am
Name: Gansey Gallagher

Nickname: n/a

Birthday: November 24, 1997

Sign: Sagitarius

Gemstone: Ruby

Blood Type: AB-

Fav. Food: Mint leaves, pizza

Hated Food: Chocolate

School: N/A - Gansey attends a private university.

Hobbies:

Hunting: A pastime he's indulged in since he was a grade schooler, Gansey goes on routine hunting trips with his family. While his family prefers rifle hunting, occasionally they participate in bow hunting seasons. It's more for sport than anything else and he's participated in a variety of competitions with moderate success.

Schmoozing: It's something that comes with the territory of being a child of old money. Gansey spends much of this time schmoozing with the people he and his family consider important. Drinks, parties, fancy dinners-- you name it. If it can be used as a tool to cozy up with someone, Gansey's done it and will do it again.

Virtues:

Worldly: Gansey's spent his whole life surrounded by socialites and the sophisticated, so he knows how to hold himself in the right manner designated by the company he finds himself in. A child of privilege he's had no shortage of experiences that he can use to reference when making decisions or offering advice, wanted or not.

No One's Witty Like Me: A man of sharp wit, Gansey can keep up with the best of them. Someone who's always excelled in areas of intelligence, he's capable of thinking up well functioning plans and events without too much effort. Gansey's not above flaunting his 'smarts' when the situation calls for it.

Flaws:

No One's Great As Gansey: As someone used to being the center of attention, Gansey thinks that the world is his stage and he's the lead actor. As far as he's concerned his opinion is always the right one and he has no issues interjecting into any conversation with his two cents because, clearly, Gansey knows best.

Jealous: As someone who is not used to being denied the things that he wants, Gansey is easily jealous of people that have the things that he wants.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

Eyes: Hazel

Hair: Brown

Face: Will provide a pinterest board for the artist

Clothes: Will provide a pinterest board for the artist.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:57 am
Negaverse Alias: Lieutenant Aventurine

Challenge: This is where the line ends // You're in my sights // Prepare to be hunted.

Uniform: will discuss with artist!

Weapon
Lieutenant Weapon: A shoelace.

Captain Weapon: Crossbow & Arrows
Range: 20ft
Accuracy: can reliably hit still targets and civilian-moving targets--may struggle to hit powered speeds (up to player discretion if it hits as intended)
Arrows: 10 at captain
Reload Speed: 5 sec uninterrupted, rough average of 10 secs per reload
Strength of a Successful Hit: comparable to lt melee punch/the strength of a captain with a melee piercing weapon

General Weapon: Fancier Crossbow & arrows
Range: 30ft
Accuracy: can reliably hit still targets and civilian-moving targets--may struggle to hit powered speeds (up to player discretion if it hits as intended)
Arrows: 15 at general, may resummon them at a 5-10 second delay for retrieval
Strength of a Successful Hit: comparable to lt melee punch/the strength of a captain with a melee piercing weapon
Magic: arrows to have a localized numbing/sluggish effect on the area hit for up to 15 seconds (per player’s discretion)

General Caveats:

• All bolts are single fire, single ammunition, and require a reload after each attempted attack
  • Blunted bolts at captain, piercing bolts at general
  • Requires two hands to properly fire and handle recoil--a loose grip could cause a misfire, or even self injury
  • May occasionally jam and need to be unsummoned/resummoned (an opportunity for people OOCly to escape without needing rescue)
  • Difficult to feint with, making bolts dodgeable as long as the enemy is aware he is firing
  • In closer range, approx within 15 ft, the reload mechanism is noisy at captain, quieter at general but not silent.

Nuxaz

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:27 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:42 am
Nuxaz

Hey, Nux!

The civilian part of this profile looks great, but before I can stamp anything I have some questions about the powered side!

Crossbows are incredibly lethal and could effectively act like guns in this environment. I had a vague understanding of this but wanted to look into a few more statistics before leaving a crit so I understand that I am still technically new to general specs of a crossbow so if your research has yielded different information, please let me know! Right now the information I have is that modern day crossbows commonly shoot over 350 feet per second and some can reach over 400 feet per second. This is mentioned to be faster than compound bows and is instead compared to a rifle in terms of consistency and accuracy. Because of Gansey's history with hunting with both rifles and bows, I feel like this is an already incredibly lethal weapon that would require no learning curve for him.

There are a lot of technical things that appear in discussions of crossbows, like bolt/arrow speed and style, so it is hard to generalize an idea of what this weapon can do. I don’t want to automatically deny it just because websites are saying it is more lethal than a compound bow and can pack the same power as a gun (depending on style and manufacture) but I do know that I need more information before I can determine if this weapon is too close to a gun to be used in gameplay.

Because of the lethality of it, and because he has been shooting since he was a gradeschooler, I think giving this weapon any magical effects is going to make it dangerously overpowered; it seems like it would be very easy for him to aim and would be fast enough (and possibly silently enough) that he could fire a long distance kill shot without being close enough to really even give warning of his presence. These weapons can take down large animals like boars, deers, and bears even at a distance, and have high enough penetration capacity to pass completely through humans (though you could argue that this might be more possible for a bolt than an arrow). However, the tips of an arrows are also important in this approval since some arrows could easily be designed to cut and tear more on the way out than they did the way in, thus creating further damage to consider.

If you intend to use a more medieval design that would be more difficult to aim/heavy enough to give issue/arrows that did not travel as far or have as much penetration capacity, we could talk about possible handicaps to make this weapon workable in our game environment while still respecting the Nega rules for weapons, so please let me know what you had in mind so we can work towards approval!  

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:40 pm
Gansey's family hunts with compound bows with sights/scopes and he has no prior knowledge of crossbows. When picking the crossbow as a weapon, I assumed due to the nature of magical weapons and no pre-existing standards that no scopes would used and that adds to a large part of the ability to be accurate with any sort of bow, especially over long distances. I also intended it to be smaller in nature with a shorter firing range.

Originally my inspiration for it was largely after the weapon usage in the game series of Resident Evil, but upon looking at things once again I realized I intended it to be more like the Bow Gun that Claire uses that has the potential to be dangerous in closer combat situations over long distance. The game play mechanics state 3 arrow bursts, but my intent was one per loading.

I'm a little confused as to why arrow head specifications are being required when arrows have been approved without requiring specifications for arrow. Example 1 and Example 2. The first example does have specified arrow heads for general, but I'm not sure what constitutes as 'standard arrows/arrowhead'.

Ideally the bow gun is/was the weapon I intended to aim for, it is not a gun but referred to as such because of the trigger based release mechanism.

kyuseisha no hikari

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:46 pm
Nuxaz

Because there are so many types of crossbows, I needed to clarify which type you wanted to play with. Scopes are extremely common in crossbows so without the clarification or understanding if you were intending to include one, I have to cover all basics. I apologize if it seems nitpicky, but I expressed from the beginning that I am very worried about this weapon being too close to a gun and I am trying to find ways that we can give you something as close to the weapon you have in mind while still following the guidelines in place for the shop.

While the bow gun is a video game tool, and while it is mentioned that it is weaker than the shotgun weapon it is comparable to, it can also decapitate or split enemies in two; all Negaverse weapons are lethal, but I am still wary to approve this without a more exact understanding of just how powerful it is.

Arrow head specifications were specifically brought up because I wanted to understand what this weapon was and how you intended to use it. We typically assume that they are normal arrows when someone submits a ‘bow and arrow’ as their weapon, however my research with crossbows indicated that there were different types of ammunition, some more lethal than others. In this instance, it’s not the arrows that are an issue, it’s the weapon firing them, and it is part of the overall information I will need to collect before the staff can decide if this is an appropriate weapon.

I think the quickest solution to make this an approvable weapon is to say that it has the same firing strength as a bow and arrow but is in the form of a crossbow; while there would be some variations in weapon use (for example, the strength of a bow depends on the strength of the person shooting it; a crossbow has mechanisms in it designed to do all the work and can be consistently fired with the same strength) they would be close enough that a crossbow could be reasonably considered. I would still suggest no magic for the time being (or, if he was going to have any, maybe a five second numbness at general stage). I would suggest, for super stage, making it a ‘weaker’ version of the final product—one with less firepower or range, or more difficulty to get a clean trajectory with, but still an effective weapon.

I think it would be stampable if the Captain stage is a crossbow that has the same general strength as a bow and arrow but has a smaller range/less firepower/less accuracy, and then if at General stage it is a crossbow that has the strength of a bow (the accuracy/speed/strength/distance) and could have a magic that allows up to five seconds of numbing at the affected sight.

Arrows could be manually loaded one by one, giving time for reloading and aiming before firing again, and they could be summoned back to him as he runs out of arrows to fire.

While this might not be exactly what you had in mind, I hope it is a decent solution that can work for you and the shop, but if you would like to continue discussion or want to try other things, please let me know!  

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:49 pm
In the description of the bow gun it states "The Bowgun is unable to decapitate or split enemies in two, but can kill a zombie in one shot at close range as long as all three bolts hit. Any less will only wound the zombie." which was largely, upon reviewing the initial weapons to clear up my intents was another reason why the bow gun was more of my intent than the traditional crossbow.

In contrast, only one arrow could be fired from this weapon at any given time, which will be specified, to lessen the potential damage it could do should it make contact.

I don't understand why magic is unacceptable in either stage unless it's incredibly weakened or non-existent when there are weapons with magic that are arguably more likely to hit and be used, especially in closer combat oriented things that have more 'dangerous' magic such as petrifying body parts or effected areas (re: Jet) or Ashanite's severe poisoning effect vs sluggish movements. Anatase's magic is "When the claws come in contact with and cut flesh, the effected area experiences a harsh, cold numbing sensation that feels bone deep. Lasts 15 seconds. " which has the potential for more rapid-fire injury points than a bow that has to be reloaded for every arrow (which, having a manual reload of one arrow per time is my intent that would be specified once the discussion was done).

Upon looking at hers vs his I agree that that the length of time is too long as is and general certainly shouldn't exceed 15 seconds and the amount of potential hits should be limited, say 3 at general, 1 at captain.

Bow strength tend to vary more on the type of bow rather than individual user; the more standard compound bow needs you to just get to a certain point and then the bow holds the weight itself which is typically why it's used as the standard hunting bow vs a recurve that requires you to be able to pull at least a 100lb bow to be used for hunting and is more individual skill level and strength based.

If we're going by your definition of the strength of a bow as: the strength of a bow depends on the strength of the person shooting it for gauging the strength of the crossbow/bowgun/whatever we're calling it how do I define it in this context?

kyuseisha no hikari

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:41 am
Also upon doing more research for examples, a crossbow has already been approved for play in the existing Captian Stibnite without requiring specifications as to how powerful her full sized cross bow is for general.

"General: Full size Crossbow
- Only able to shoot one arrow at a time. Made to be used more as a sniper weapon and then a heavy object she can smack people with once the fight gets closer. There is a period of time between loading arrows that she is exposed."

Understandably it needs to be specified how many arrows can be fired at a time as well as a reload time, I get that 100% but if captain is specified as blunt tipped arrows, would that offset the size?

Edit: The above character also has a background in hunting including bows and upon finding the quest thread that didn't seem to be an issue while the weapon discussion appeared to be resolved out of thread.

A second edit: thought i would include more of what i was thinking visually of:

one two three

Nuxaz

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:24 am
I apologize for misreading the link you sent! However, I still need more information that is incredibly important for me to be able to stamp this weapon if you do not like the suggestion I proposed. It would be really helpful to me if you could provide me with very specific information for the weapon you are requesting instead of comparing a weapon I still don’t have specs for to profiles that have been stamped.

I am sorry if this seems like I am making this difficult but I am still uncomfortable stamping anything that I know can kill a bear at long distance and is even more lethal up close. If you do not want to use my suggestion to give this the same specs as a hand drawn bow and arrow, that is okay! But I will need to know range, accuracy, reload time, number of arrows (does he have a limited number of them per battle or how many can he use before he has to summon them back to him), and strength, as defined by how much damage an arrow could do at close range compared to its furthest range. Having this outlined clearly will also help us set a precedent for how to proceed with stamping other crossbows/bow guns and make sure that we are able to have a solid reference point for what is acceptable.

We can discuss magic after this information is covered but the reason your magic was not approved as it was written is because the description of your weapon hasn’t yet given me context for any limitations and I could only use my knowledge that a crossbow is comparable to a gun in terms of speed and damage. While we are still working to come to an understanding of the weapon you want to use, I think it is neat to expect little or no magic. This may change as we cover the abilities of the bow gun but I suspect no magic at Captain stage and reduced magic for General stage. There is some extra information about weapon lethality and magical boosts in these posts :

Here and Here (and a little extra in the post about Captain weapons above the last post). I have been considering these in regards to the initial proposal and will be keeping those in mind when we are working on magic approval! But for right now, until I have more information about the weapon limitations or specs, I have to consider it too powerful to warrant extra magical effects beyond the few seconds I mentioned at General stage.

For clarification on Stibnite, specifications on her weapon were discussed over an instant messaging platform to ensure that the weapon fit within guidelines. Sirene and I have also discussed drawbacks of her weapons and how she intends to play with this weapon once she reaches General stage. I have a full record of the conversation and why this weapon was approved; Sirene was very forthcoming with information and willing to modify her weapon to ensure it was not unfairly similar to a gun at any point in time. If you can work with me to provide the same information and reassurances she did, I will be able to stamp your profile too. But, for me to do that, you need to give me more information. I cannot blindly stamp a weapon without understanding what it can do.

I hope I have a clearer understanding of the exact weapon you want after your response so we can move towards approval!

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:15 pm
I don't dislike comparing it to a standard bow and arrow, I'm simply unsure of how to properly define it based on the description you provided.

Am I not supposed to gauge what is and isn't acceptable based on what has been stamped and approved?

As I haven't been given a rough idea of might be acceptable for the specifications you're requesting, here are some rough mock ups that I hope fit your specification requests.

Still, here are some rough mock ups that I hope fit your specification requests.

Range: 20 ft at captain, 30ft at general, max
Arrows: 10 at captain, 15 at general, may resummon them at general with a 5-10 second delay for retrieval

general caveats:

All bolts are single fire, single ammunition, and require a reload after each attempted attack

Blunted bolts at captain, piercing bolts at general

Requires two hands to properly fire and handle recoil--a loose grip could cause a misfire, or even self injury

May occasionally jam and need to be unsummoned/resummoned (an opportunity for people OOCly to escape without needing rescue)

Difficult to feint with, making bolts dodgeable as long as the enemy is aware he is firing

In closer range, approx within 15 ft, the reload mechanism is noisy at captain, quieter at general but not silent.

Please disregard all notes about magic as there will be no magic attached to the weapon.

kyuseisha no hikari

Nuxaz

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:30 pm
I didn’t want to outline a rough idea of what might be acceptable without first hearing what you had in mind; I genuinely wanted to understand your weapon as you had imagined it and then work with you on any adjustments it may need to be approved. My request not to compare to other stamped profiles was limited to me needing to understand your weapon before I could fairly compare it to others as you were.

That being said, that post does an excellent job outlining the weapon and I have enough information that my concerns for approval are completely absolved.

I appreciate the effort you’ve taken to help me understand what you are requesting and I can completely approve the weapon. If you can plug in that information in the powered post, I will be able to drop a stamp! Additionally, I know you there will be no magic, but with the specifications you have outlined I just wanted to be clear that I could still stamp the profile if you wanted the arrows to have a localized numbing/sluggish effect on the area hit for up to fifteen seconds at General stage. (If you wanted, you could also include a note that at player discretion the sensation might last for longer, or spread through more of their body). This is completely up to you, though!

Thank you so much for the clarification and let me know when you update the powered post with that information so I can stamp!

[[I also had to edit my post because i had copied part of the same line but took out the quote to you so you didn't get a second notification because I missed that extra line while posting!]]  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:23 pm
Kyuseisha no Hikari

Weapon section has been updated per discussion.  

Nuxaz

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:27 pm
Nuxaz

Perfect, thanks!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Accepted Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games