Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:54 pm
FREE HUGS

There is a small booth set up on the beach, coupled with a hastily written sign and a young girl sitting beneath it, smiling from ear to ear. She is clearly the one offering, but who would take her up on it?

Why was she even offering?

Were those small jars of aloe for sunburn treatment?

Quote:
Soui wants to give everyone hugs after the latest hatching, as she has come to learn not everyone Impresses and therefore after-hatch depression is a thing.

You don't have to hug her, but talking helps too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:30 pm
Hugs were an absolutely essential part of Baihath's young life. Every day, his Alya hugged him in the morning, carried him in her arms, and gave him lots of cuddles before bed! Therefore, he knew that hugs were extremely important. Not that any of this mattered, because he couldn't read.... but he could sense the the warmth coming from the young girl sitting at the booth...

So, he didn't even hesitate. Baihath scampered underneath the booth, his feet sending up tiny clouds of sand as he did. In an instant, he had reared up on his hind legs, planting his foreclaws on her shins. Hey! Hey! What game is this? Can I play? You feel warm! A honey-sweet voice flitted through Soui's mind, feather-light and bubbly. He wasn't talking about her temperature, of course... just her general emotion!

He liked that! Warmth was always good when it came to people--it meant they were more likely to play! If Soui peeked under the booth, she'd see a tiny, if beautifully proportioned white baby with the brightest blue eyes!

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:11 pm
When she set up the booth the teen honestly didn't expect anyone to come out. There was a lot of focusing going on, what with Thread and trying to get the newest Weyrlings situated, so it was no surprise she was startled to feel something on her legs and hear a voice in her head. The bubbles were a new touch, and she glanced down into the bluest eyes she'd ever seen.

Instantly her heart jumped with excitement and recognition. "Oh, I know you! I remember you!" She'd been running after his egg when it'd hatched, and she was so happy to see a dragonet this close. "I'm here offering hugs, so not much of a game unless someone wants it to be. I mostly just wanted to make sure everyone was okay after the hatching." A lot of the candidates had to have been burned quite badly, as Soui'd learned shade hadn't been provided until a good while into everything. It would taste all kinds of impossible to think people walked away without being at least one or two shades of sea lobster. "You found yours at the hatching, right? Are you two doing okay?"

Hopefully all this talking wouldn't turn the baby away - Soui did want to play but she was also concerned.

Tsunake
yay thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:13 pm
You do?! Baihath squeaked with joy, his tail writhing and flailing. He'd never been remembered before! Mostly due to the fact that he was... still very young and meeting people for the first time, so this was a momentous occasion indeed! The hatchling wiggled hard for a moment, ready to leap into the young girl's lap--and ended up just bonking himself against her shins instead.

Yes! He chirped happily, clearly not at all phased by his inelegant failure. My Alya is so fun and great! You'd know if you met her!

Meanwhile, Alya was racing around the Weyr looking for her lost dragonet... Baihath thought that was the best of game, sneaking off when she wasn't looking and waiting until she found him! Kehehehe.

Do you know any fun games? I'm Baihath!

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:15 pm
It probably should have occurred to Soui that there was something strange about a dragonet not being with their bonded, but he was speaking clearly to her and didn't seem distressed and so she pushed the thoughts away. The dragonet was little and friendly and certainly healthy, as his thudding (mildly painfully) into her shins showed, and the teen tried hard to think of a game they could play. It was clear Baihath really wanted to play and Soui was certainly not going to deny a game. It was a hug, but it'd work the same.

"Of course I remember you - you were the first baby I got to see hatch up close! I'll never forget you, no matter what happens." The healer moved to get up from where she'd been sitting, rubbing the tenderness in her shins. "So your name is Baihath, and your rider.....who I don't see....is named Miss Alya?" It was hitting now that she probably needed to see a rider here. Probably. "As for games....do you like tag?"

He'd probably never heard of tag, or maybe he had and she was being rude in assuming. "Tag is what people call the game where you chase one another. It lets you run a lot, and it's fun!"

Tsunake
weeeeh

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:48 pm
Alya, Alya, Alya! Alya is mine! Baihath sang with delight, wiggling furiously. Ooooh! I was the first? That means that we have to be friends forever! The mention of tag made him tilt his head, but the explanation had his jaw dropping open in a draconian version of a smile. Ohhh, yes! Yes! I like tag! Should I chase you? Or should you chase me?!

He was all but vibrating with glee--and at that moment, Alya skidded to a halt on the beach, out of breath and looking torn between amusement and exasperated. "Baihath! There you are! What if you'd gotten hurt?! What if I'd died of loneliness?!

The dragonet laughed in both girl's heads, his eyes the brightest blue. But you didn't! Look, this is Soui! We are playing tag!

"Oh?" Alya turned, beaming brightly at the younger girl. "Hello! I remember you! You tried to save us from this little monster!" Her words were full of warmth, and Baihath gleefully rolled about in the sand--mirroring his actions as an egg. That had been so much fun!

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:04 pm
Soui gave a proper bow of respect to the rider as she appeared, halting her conversation with the little white. She was going to say that she'd love to be friends forever (if his rider allowed) and that she'd love to chase him (only because there was less risk of him getting hurt if she could watch him), but instead she swallowed it all to greet Alya properly. She was deeply pleased, and more than a little embarrassed, that the other girl remembered her weird attempt at saving them from nothing, and she did her best to press back the fluster that threatened her cheeks.

"I thought I was doing what was best, but I'm really glad it all worked out in the end and no one was hurt. Also, that you were able to meet your lifemate, so congratulations on that." Hopefully in a few Turns everyone would forget that blunder; Soui was proud of trying to help but not at her actions that had been completely unnecessary. "Baihath wanted...to play tag with me, but if you're here now we can perhaps play later? I don't want to keep you if you have something to do."

There was disappointment and hope in her voice that she couldn't mask despite trying.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:24 pm
Oh... Alya wasn't even expecting a bow, blinking owlishly. And then the girl looked so disappointed--she was so cute. "What? Oh, no! He's been fed and oiled, and while he'll need it again eventually, you can play!" She beamed again, glancing behind her before finding a nice place to sit in the sand. "Thank you! He loves just about everyone and everything, but sometimes people think he's a little too loud to play with!"

Oh! I can be quiet! Baihath hushed immediately.... for about five seconds, then playfully reared onto his hind legs to paw affectionately at Soui's clothes. See! I was so quiet! But we can all play tag!

"Ohhh, really?" Alya laughed, her eyes glimmering with mischief. "I don't know... Maybe you two should start without me, and then I'll join in!" Truth be told, she was still a little tired from running around the whole Weyr! But Baihath wasn't hurt, so all was well!

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:55 pm
Soui had to stop herself from jumping with joy at being told she could continue to play with Baihath, though for sure it radiated from her in her smile and in her mood. "You did really good at being quiet Baihath, you're amazing!" She really wanted to reach out and stroke him, just as she often did to Yudueth, but this dragonet did not belong to her and likely it would be so rude to do so. Maybe...maybe later she could ask if she could pet him? Maybe.

"Okay, you better get a head start Baihath, because I'm going to catch you! I may not look it, but I'm pretty fast!" The teen bent down and pulled her shoes off her feet, allowing her to get better traction on the sand. If she was going to be chasing an energetic dragonet she certainly needed all the help she could get. The sand was warm and inviting beneath her toes, and she flexed them a bit before sending a grin to the white baby. "Ready?"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:50 pm
Baihath, in the meantime, absolutely was leaping up and down with glee! Alya had drawn her knees up so she could rest her elbows on them, hands cupped under her face. They were so cute together, her baby boy and Soui! Yes, Alya was certain she'd make a wonderful rider one day. After all, a dragon had wanted her and she wasn't even sure why!

Because you are the most fun! Baihath laughed at her silliness, immediately sinking into a crouch when Soui spoke to him. Ready! He chirped at her, his eyes whirling a brilliant shade of blue. And...! Go! He scrabbled in the sand wildly as he took off, running and bounding as fast as... well, any extremely excited hatchling did!

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:59 pm
Oh no, he was going to be a lot faster than she thought despite him being so small. When Baihath took off running Soui moved after him, careful to keep her balance even as her feet threatened to slide out from underneath. Seeing as the small white reminded her a lot of a canine, she wondered if there were certain tactics she ought to use, like jumping in front of him or trying to herd him towards his rider in an effort to block off his path.

Of course she would be naive in thinking so, as Baihath wasn't a canine and was probably smarter than half the people she knew in her life. Still she had to try, and just running after him all willy-nilly wasn't going to land with her tagging him. So, plan in mind, she dashed to make him move towards Alya in hopes he'd pause before running a different direction.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:25 pm
Bounding about on the sands, the tiny hatchling was absolutely having the time of his short life! He was aware of Soui giving it all she had, and gleefully twisted to race away from her... and, yes, towards Alya! The girl was watching with quite a grin, gathering her feet under her in case she needed to leap out of the way. She wouldn't put it past Baihath to be so focused on the game that he'd accidentally barrel into her...

"Don't run into anyone!" She called just in case, only getting a wordless response of merriment from her dragon.

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:37 am
There wasn't really a chance on all of Pern for Soui to catch the little white, as she was coming to understand, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to try! Her breathing was coming in happy pants as she continued to try and chase him, diving at the little white before taking a nice face-plant into the sand. Thankfully it hadn't hurt and she was quickly back on her feet, trying again to get him.

"I'm going to catch yoooooou!!!" Soui was more determined than ever to lay even a single fingertip on the dragon and claim that she'd managed to best one in a game of tag.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:22 pm
Alya half-rose with a gasp when the healer apprentice went down, but she was up and back on her feet with an admirable determination! Privately, if that had been her, she knew she'd have been done with that game! Baihath had slowed a little at his rider's alarm, twisting about only to see Soui still charging after him. He dropped his jaws open in delight--and then managed to trip over his own claws, squawking with alarm as he went tumbling about in the sand gracelessly.

Now she was on her feet, running towards the pair. Soui was closer to Baihath than she was--and he still wasn't moving. His little sides heaved from his activity, then grew slower, and slower...

By the time Soui would reach him, it would be quite apparent that the tiny white dragon had fallen fast asleep.

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:27 pm
There was no denying that Soui was also in an absolute panic as she watched the little dragonet suddenly stop moving, and instantly her need to help kicked in just as strongly as her terror that she'd hurt the poor baby. His rider was right there as well, on her feet and rushing over, and the little healer immediately started thinking of ways to apologize. She hadn't meant to cause any harm!

"I'm so sorry I just - " He....wait. That was. ".. . . and he's asleep." The sound of surprise and relief in her voice could have easily moved a mountain. "I think I might have actually made him run out of energy." To be fair, Soui was exhausted too from running on the sands. Her legs were screaming just as loudly as her lungs, but still she'd managed to stay upright. It was no small feat to outlast a dragonet, not one with half as much energy as Baihath.

Tsunake

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces