[prp] that's the rub (raelin/saith & r'ose/sahrawith) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:23 pm
A little lower...To the left...There! Saith sighed with delight as Hers began to rub a particular spot behind her forelimb that had been hard to reach. She looked forward to these rubdowns each day, though she tried not to let them go too long. They had a schedule to keep sharp to, after all, and she still had plenty of dragons to meet and make notes about.

Raelin, who was more than a little tired after the day's ongoings, tried not to move in a daze as she oiled her dragon. It was adorable at first that Saith had helped her make detailed lists and schedules regarding everthing, but they also served as a reminder of just how much was expected of them. And while she was more than happy to rise to the challenge, she was only mortal; her body wasn't quite used to exerting itself so much after its first sevenday.

I could try to fit us a nap somewhere, Saith suggested politely, though she wasn't entirely sure that was a good idea. Sleep should be done at night, and if she shuffled this and that, it might mess with this other thing, and...

"Don't worry about it," Raelin told her, booping her snout. Saith seemed entirely confused by the motion and blinked. "Now turn around so I can get your other side."

houllow
look at my start, my start ain't amaaaazin'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:57 pm
"With as much oil as I've been dealing with, my hands shouldn't be chapped. Why are my hands chapped, Sawi?" R'ose held his hand out towards his dragon, and the small green turned to look at the outstretched palm. Sahrawith tilted her head to the side, unsure of exactly what he wanted her to respond with. When nothing but confusion came the teen gave a laugh and fondly rubbed one of her headknobs with said hand, erasing the tense moment.

What are we doing today? The radish again? Sahrawith sounded oddly optimistic about seeking out their 'mutual' friend, though R'ose had half thoughts she expected to get something from the meeting. The idea and feelings weren't exactly hidden by the dragonet, and he inwardly smirked at her complete lack of tact.

R'ose shook his head at her question and motioned over towards where one of her clutchmates was being taken care of. A snort of unhappiness (over not being spoiled) quickly happened, though it was just as swiftly replaced with feelings of delight. "Recognize her? Want to go say hello?" The dragonet nodded and darted over, leaving her lifemate behind. R'ose knew this probably was something they needed to work on.

Saith! Saith, you're here! If her memory served, which Sahrawith knew it did, she was not there when Saith hatched. The dragonet had come out long after everyone was gone, and so the older green had not gotten to greet the youngest of their shared clutch in a proper manner. Is this one yours? Mine is coming. Hello Saith! Her talking was rapidfire, full of excitement at running into one of her siblings outside of lessons. If she'd paid more attention she would have known she'd seen then many times, had been there at introductions, but like her bonded she was simply...not. Paying attention, that is.

medigel
see this tag? this ain't a good tag

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 pm
The happy half-awake state Saith slipped into when being rubbed down quickly evaporated when they heard someone calling her name. Her calm exterior was briefly broken by a short honk of surprise as she straightened up and shook her wings out, accidentally buffeting Hers in doing so. "Saith, watch--"

Sahrawith! the dragon cried, eyes whirling blue and green as she rushed to meet her sister. Well, not so much rushed as she did walk quickly (mindful that it would be rude to wipe the oil across the other's body, family or not). Saith met her rapid excitement with ease, recovering quickly from her surprise as it melted into joy. She is! Raelinmine has been tending to her duties with a good heart. Is yours? Are you well?

She was already checking Sahrawith for any signs of distress--her rider would get his own judgement soon enough.

houllow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:59 pm
Mine is wonderful! We met a Radish! The older, but smaller, green fluffed up and spread her wings, the joy she was feeling positively radiating from her tiny body. He gave me something nice, and then Mine took care in oiling me. He says he's glad I'm small. Small and beautiful, he always adds. Sahrawith had no problem babbling on, her happiness at being with her siblings just bolstering her love of chatter. Yours looks nice, as you said, but. is she really treating you well? Are you doing okay? The carrying on about herself stopped as the green nosed at her youngest sister, allowing a wash of love and devotion to sweep over. Despite her flighty nature and her want to talk, go, and see - Sahrawith would never pass over a conversation with one of her siblings. R'ose had told her that she was the oldest, by human standards and hatching order - whatever that meant - and so she had something of a responsibility to look after those came after.

Speaking of after, R'ose was finally approaching the pair. He'd let his dragon run ahead, knowing well he could see where she was going and that she was not ever out of his sight, and he paused at the sight of the small green. This one had hatched longer after those who'd Impressed had gone back to the Weyrs, and he thought highly of her for it. Making others wait was a good thing, because it just went to prove that you valued yourself well enough to expect others to think the same. Clearly, this dragon had gambled correctly.

"Well hello there, to the both of you." R'ose nodded towards Saith, and then towards the poor girl who'd clearly been interrupted while working. "Nice to see you again, Raelin. Been doing okay?" He saw her nearly every day in class, but sometimes it was nice to ask outside of that too. He knew she had to be just as exhausted as he was, if not more, though just as likely to fake it until she made it. Or maybe that was just him. "And how are you, Saith? Sorry if Sahrawith interrupted something, she just really wanted to see you."

The green gave a small bugle of acknowledgement before moving to circle around R'ose's legs. Saith! This one is mine! He is Renosemine, R'osemine! She was too happy, entirely too happy, and that was also something they need to work on. Mine, show her what Radish gave us! I want her to see. Sahrawith was broadcasting her voice, allowing in for Saith and hers to hear. This was a lucky stroke or an act of carelessness, but it didn't matter. Hurry, please!

"....I didn't bring it with me, Sawi." At her lifemate's reply, the pale mint dragon looked as though all life was drawn from her body.

medigel
i really suck at this, i'm sorry

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:08 pm
A radish? Humans and their odd names...Why couldn't they be as sensible as a dragon's? Still, she couldn't help but smile as her sister continued, the joy of meeting too infectious for her to care once Sahrawith initiated contact. You are most beautiful, oldest, Saith assured her, eyeing her wing patterns in particular. Mine also said she was glad I was small. Mostly due to the fact that oiling doesn't take long, she added with a wry snort. And that if I ever cause her trouble, she can carry me away as if I were a fire lizard. I might grow as large as a blue to spite her!

Raelin looked up as R'ose approached, still trying to wipe the oil off her hands with a cloth. She had never been good at keeping up with names and faces, even with Saith now there to make mental lists, though she did recognize him at least from classes; it was hard not to, given how much time was spent there now. "Ready for a bath myself," she answered with a wry smile, quickly pinging Saith for help with his name. "It's no trouble, R'ose. Honestly, we want any excuse to really meet with her siblings, since we didn't get a chance to before."

As Sahrawith darted about her rider's legs, both Raelin and Saith cooed through their bond. How cute! She was such a delicate little thing, it was easy to see how they were sisters. Though both also thought it was funny that the oldest was as gleeful as a child while the youngest much calmer.

"He can show us later," Raelin tried to soothe as she stood up and began to fold her cloth. "We have plenty of time to catch up." You know, schedule not withstanding. Or Thread.

Let's take a walk, Saith suggested to the two of them, waddling to her sister's side and twining her tail with hers. You can tell us all about it.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:53 pm
Sahrawith practically glowed with delight at the compliment from the youngest of her siblings, and her eyes rushed a beautiful purple that suited the green of her hide so well. It almost always took R'ose's breath away to see her moods, to feel her emotions so clear as if they were his own in mind and soul. If it always nearly floored him when he considered himself pretty level-headed, he wondered what it was like for the others. If this was something he'd be feeling every day for the rest of his life, he was certain it'd be nice. He was also thankful for Raelin's timely comment about the pair being able to meet again later, which helped with his assurances to his on-the-verge-of-pouting dragonet.

A walk sounds wonderful, but are you doing being oiled for now? You're small, for certain, but..... There was an unspoken "already bigger than me" at the end of Sahrawith's sentence. But if you want to go I want to go. R'osemine, we're going for a walk. There was no request, just a statement, and the paler green allowed her tail to intertwine with Saith's. They looked quite the pair, as the whole Weyr would no doubt come to understand their grace and beauty.

Or at least grace for Saith. There was no doubt of beauty between the two.

"Looks like we'll be taking you away from whatever you had planned, at least for a while." R'ose's tone was jovial. "I'm not going to say sorry though, since it looks like your Saith is the one who initiated it."

medigel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:08 pm
Now's a perfect time, Saith assured her, now joined at the hip. Needy? Her? No. Mine was going to bruise me if she kept at it. Such brutish hands.

"Such delicate hide!" Raelin mocked in a falsetto that made them both chuckle.

The younger green bumped against her sister gently. Quick, lead the way, Sawi, before her brute hands catch me again! She had no doubt Sahrawith had made several laps about the weyr and knew the best nooks and crannies to hide or sun.

Raelin couldn't help it: she stuck her tongue out at the dragons' backs as they left. She had never felt so childish before--no, that was a lie. It was more that she felt comfortable being childish instead of serious all the time now that Saith was there to balance her out, to meet her snark with equal measure. It almost wasn't fair.

"I didn't have anything planned," she told R'ose. "Beyond staying off my feet if I could, and keeping Saith in check. Already failed at both, so." She shrugged a little. "You?"

houllow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:39 pm
"If you want to stay off your feet, how about we find a place we can sit and they can run around? Sahrawith likes walks well enough, but she prefers to run when she can." The teen could imagine what it would be like once his dragonet learned how to fly and was properly allowed. It was likely that the green would never have her feet on solid ground again, instead her head and body soaring through the clouds. It was an idea and a sensation he somewhat shared and so there was no way R'ose would ever think to dampen that enthusiasm.

For her part, Sahrawith looked absolutely mortified to hear that her clutchsibling had bruises. Turning to look over at Raelin, her eyes whirled a faint red in a warning that temporarily surprised R'ose. His green usually was mellow, much as he was, so to see an expression like this so soon in their bond was....interesting. Tell me again, always, if she hurts you. I will not allow it, ever. Even if it had been a shared joke of affection between her sister and her lifemate, it was not acceptable. Saith was the youngest and was her responsibility as the oldest to protect as she could. The red in her eyes faded as they managed to walk away from the pair of humans, and she sent her attentions back to being positive. There's a lovely spot almost outside, where the sun hits nicely. Mine likes to go there and sleep sometimes, if you'd like to see it.

R'ose hadn't been there to sleep in a long time, but whatever, they were going to explore. She was tail-in-tail with her sister and determined to enjoy it. The spot in question would involve a little bit of climbing, something that always ended with R'ose carrying his lifemate on his back, and the little green had somewhat failed to consider or recall that.

medigel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:28 pm
Saith bumped snouts and made a soothing croon, hiding her moment of surprise in one fluid motion. I promise, sistermine, you would be first to know. Perhaps that was a bad joke? She wasn't sure what a good joke was, actually; she had just taken it in stride that her dry remarks sometimes made Raelin laugh and vice versa.

This is why she avoided jokes, period.

Show me this secret spot! I'm afraid I don't have anything to give in return just yet, but I won't tell a soul if you'd like. And Saith was nothing without her word.

"Sure." Raelin inspected her nails for cleanliness with a strangely stern look of concentration, unaware that she might have appeared bored or uncaring while doing so. "If I'm being honest, I'm still a little...antsy about letting them go too far away just yet."

She wouldn't say needy, not aloud. Needy was for children and broken-hearted idiots, not new junior weyrlings who had a job to think about.

"Plus, Saith keeps lists," she added. "All these names and terms are going to leak out of my head without her."

houllow

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:07 pm
You'll owe me nothing. Sahrawith's happy mood was back and in full force, the snout bump and crooning from Saith more or less enough to placate her. I am just really happy to see you, I missed not being there when you hatched. She had loved watching all of her other siblings burst from their shells and had been so devastated to miss seeing Saith. She was certain the hatching was amazing, for she knew the youngest green was one who accepted nothing less than perfection in her life.

"Don't worry, I'm in the same boat." R'ose laughed a little at Raelin's statement, though it wasn't the malicious sort he'd have had in the past. "I'm just better at faking it, I guess, since Sahrawith really loves to explore and go out. She wants me nearby still but not enough that I'm on her tail." He watched as the mint green stopped, as though to look back and make sure the lifemates were still nearby. "And lists? Really?" He wondered what that had to do with anything, but whatever. It wasn't his place to poke and prod the bonds of others - not yet anyway.

medigel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:12 am
She grimaced ever so slightly at the mention of the hatching. Yes, ah...I'm doing my very best to make up for it! Saith added quickly, trying to move past her blunder before the embarrassment brought her down. I wish we could see the others at Western, though. Father mentioned he wanted to teach us how to talk to them sometime, and Mother too, but... That clearly wasn't the same as being there. A year was just so long.

"Yes, lists. Wingleaders, wingseconds, their dragons, this clutch's batch." Raelin listed each one a finger now that she was done inspecting her nails. "I didn't pay too much attention before. On top of that, historical figures and such." She sighed, then made a motion as if to push that topic away. "Where's this spot she mentioned? We should probably find our way there before they think we're tailing them. On the way, you can tell me your life story, tragic past and all."

This was sarcastic, but Raelin didn't know how to ask for things without being sarcastic in general.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:12 pm
Sahrawith made a sound in her mind, the mental equivalent of 'pfft' at her sister's comments over her hatching. Any hesitation Saith may have been feeling was touched with affection and pride, feelings that the older green had in spades for her clutchsib. From what Mine has said, your hatching was magnificent. You were the star and everyone was eagerly waiting for you. I don't see how it could be any better than that. There was no doubt in her words as she gave their connected tails a small twirl meant to mimic the squeeze of a hand. As for what Papa said, maybe we should go and find him and make him keep his promise? Promises should never be made it one doesn't intend to follow through. I certainly won't become like that.

"....I don't know." R'ose sort of shrugged his shoulders at Raelin's request of where they were going. "I'd been told we were going on a walk and that was it. I thought Saith told you, since you said she's all about lists and information." It wasn't meant to be a jab but it really came out like one, and R'ose sighed as he prodded his dragonet for an answer. Clearly she was going to be the one in the lead, since there was no way she'd just happily follow someone else's suggestion. Where are you taking her?

The sunny spot to the north. Where there is that little crevice. To her credit, Sahrawith sent a very accurate mental picture and R'ose felt impressed for several moments before shutting down the idea. Why not?

It's our personal spot, not anyone else's. Now find a different place or stop the walk entirely. His tone left no room for argument, though R'ose made sure to send some affection behind it. He was not yelling at her, per se, but rather just being firm. Sahrawith grunted and abruptly moved to change directions, her stance clearly reflecting her irritation as she attempted to drag poor Saith along. For his part, R'ose looked back to Raelin. "Sorry about that. Looks like we're going to be heading to a small sunlit patch. Not too far from here, doesn't require much walking."

Sorry Saith, looks as though we have to go elsewhere.

medigel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:53 am
She appreciated Sahrawith's take on it, but Saith remembered the envious looks tossed towards Raelin, the empty table where her siblings had been hours before, the...tumble. It could have been a lot worse, but also definitely a lot better. Still, she returned the tail twirl with a wiggle of her own and kept the negative thoughts private.

He'll keep it, she told her sister with a sagely nod. He must be busy getting used to the weyr, that's all. But maybe a little nudge is due...

"S'fine." Raelin waved it away before gesturing for R'ose to lead. "How's life with a baby dragon going for you?"

Saith felt the change in mood and blinked, but she decided not to ask about it just yet and changed her pace to keep up. That's okay! was all the green said, as a means of assurance that it didn't matter where they went, as long as they got to hang out.

houllow

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:57 pm
Perhaps we should nudge him together, after we're done spending our time together. I want to be with you right now more than with Papa. The older green moved in the direction R'ose had suggested, towards an area where the flowers of spring and summer were finally coming into bloom. The winter had been harsh, or so R'ose had said (Sahrawith didn't know what winter was) and so the buds and blossoms were a very welcome sight. Maybe the buds would improve the mood of both dragonets and their riders? Do you like flowers?

As for R'ose, he shrugged at the question. "It's weird to have someone constantly in my mind, and her mood swings coupled with mine are enough to send anyone to drink." Even though the words sounded negative, R'ose was talking with a very happy and affectionate tone. "I'm exhausted, I'm being forced to learn new things every day, I have vivid nightmares sometimes....and to be honest? It's the happiest I've ever been in my life. I was holding my breath until I impressed Sahrawith." The dragonet turned again to look back at R'ose, and was given a wink for her troubles. Sahrawith returned the movement, an awkward motion for a non-human, but it was cute none the less and made his heart squeeze more. "I'd probably be doing better if our personalities weren't so similar though."

It had come to R'ose's attention over the past few days that Sahrawith was....just like him, in the best kind of worse ways. She was his enabler, just as he was hers, and if he wasn't careful both of them would end up in a trouble they couldn't escape. "How about you? Are you doing okay?" R'ose knew very little about Raelin, as even though they were candidates together he couldn't honestly say their social circles ever crossed.

medigel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:56 am
Saith made a small face as she considered the question. A lot of flowers were in bloom now thanks to the spring and impending summer, but while they were pretty...

I think I'm allergic to one of them. Or all of them, she said. Raelinmine put some together to let me smell, and my nose and eyes wouldn't stop itching all afternoon. They're pretty from afar, though. And they smell nice. You know, before the mucus set in.

"It's the pollen, not the flowers," Raelin interjected. "It's pretty common in the spring especially, but it'll go away soon."

Saith, having no means of determining what spring actually meant beyond "when we were hatched," made a noncommittal snort.

Raelin raised a brow at the mention of vivid nightmares and said, "Guess it was good she came before you went blue in the face, then. That would've been the real nightmare, carting your corpse off the sands."

(Apparently neither rider nor dragon were good at jokes.)

It was definitely clear from the way she held herself, though, that it wasn't surprising to think of the redhead as a bit isolated, a little island of her own in the social sea. Her mannerisms, while polite enough, had been blunt thus far. It was only by Saith's gentle please don't, for instance, that she didn't barrel on questioning R'ose about his nightmares immediately, in her unconscious need to know hard data about people. The little green, barely out of her egg, understood the nuances of conversation better than she did--now that was funny.

"I'm fine." It was the textbook answer she gave anyone who asked; as far as Raelin was concerned, no-one actually cared for an answer other than that. "Tired, like you, but that's weyrling life for you. But I mean, that's probably why she Impressed," she went on. "Saith and I are on the same wavelength, but we have our differences. I'm sure the same goes for you two. The point is to learn that balance together."

houllow

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces