Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Deserted...
[DUEL] Caia/Majuto round 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
KasaiLoki rolled 5 6-sided dice: 1, 5, 3, 3, 2 Total: 14 (5-30)

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:55 pm
Caia had been in a rigorous training since the day after her first duel. Each and every time she had been brought up to another battle, she found herself failing. Unfortunately, that was always at the paws of the Monarch's Claw, the male Caia learned was the adviser of the Queen. She did not know if she should feel special for having dueled the striped male twice, or if she should feel fear for having dueled him twice, and having loss.

Well. He didn't kill you. That should be good. Caia thought to herself. The voices she heard on the wind had returned just the day prior, only to leave at early morning. The dark female realized this would probably be how it was from now on.

Her golden eyes scanned the area, spotting the familiar form. Her body ached from the training, yet here she was, ready for the next duel. "Come to see if I have improved any?" Caia asked with a small grin.

Krysin

Krysin rolled 5 6-sided dice: 5, 4, 4, 4, 6 Total: 23 (5-30)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:56 pm
"I'll indulge you," Majuto purred with a wicked little smile. Honestly, he thought the lioness was pushing herself a little too hard. He had heard of her duels with Ebbe and her subsequent losses. If she couldn't defeat Majuto how had she ever thought she could win against the Monarch's Claw? Looking at the pretty dark lioness, he had to wonder if she had just finished training herself. That was never the best way to go into a duel. A little warm up was fine, but he suspected she had been pushing herself hard to force herself to get better.

Some things just took time. One could not develop a battle sense over night, the same as how muscles didn't suddenly grow over the course of a couple of days.

He tilted his head at her, and then lifted a paw to ward her from starting the duel so quickly. "But, I have terms. If I win this one you need to give yourself a little bit more rest. If you're not at your best, you can never except to get better." He supposed the lioness knew how to take care of herself, and he was probably worrying needlessly over her.

But, he could read her body language fairly well, and he was sure he wasn't that far off the mark by saying she was tired.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:15 pm
Krysin

Indulge? Is that what they called it?

Caia gave the male a look. Perhaps it was her tiredness finally seeping through, she did not look particularly happy to be in the current state. Her ears flickered towards the male at the terms.

"I don't think that is an option." She stated. Sure she had a few duels, but each time it was suppose to show her improvement, to show she belonged in the pride. Her continuous training, and dueling would be proof that she indeed wanted to be here, which could not have been said just a few weeks ago.

"Fine. I will agree to your terms." She wished the wind spirits were still here. At least they could prove some sort of support system for her. Being so far from her birth pride, Caia found herself utterly alone. Maybe she should mingle with some of the other pride members. If she lost this duel on purpose...she could use that excuse.

Now that the introductions of the duel were over, it was time to get started. Caia eyed the male, looking for a weak spot. She sped towards the darker lion, her eyes shifting left and right towards before they landed on a back hock. Last time she headed for the front half the male's body, perhaps she could be at an advantage on the hind end?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:12 pm
"It is - we all know that while your training may be rigorous, if you break down in the middle of it you're no good to anyone." Majuto had undergone a different sort of training in the rogue lands, but it had sufficed. He didn't quite know what it was like to experience the training that Caia was going through, but he had helped oversee it. It wasn't easy, but it was doable if one managed to rest whenever possible.

The dusky male perked up when she agreed to his terms, "Awesome!" His grin was easy to see upon his face. All he had to do was win and make her honor her agreement, which was another lesson in itself for an Outlander. Breaking promises or oaths was unforgivable. Of course, a silly little agreement like this wouldn't twist his tail over not being followed through, but keeping one's word was a valuable trait.

As before, he let Caia come at him. It was her opportunity to show what she had learned over the course of her training. He was pleased to see her thinking more about her course of action, and her attack was swift. But, as she watched him, he watched her, trying to read her body's actions to hint at where it was she'd decide to attack.

It helped him avoid a more serious injury. Majuto tried to twist out of the way of Caia's assault, but her claws still managed to scrape against his hind quarter. Suddenly, Majuto roared, a loud and deep sound just to try and knock her off her game. Intimidation was a powerful tool, and he wanted to test and see what her nerves were like. If nothing else, with her so close it was easier to try and counter her. He reached out, trying to snag one of her front legs to trip her up.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:24 pm
Krysin

Caia could not help but be taken aback from the grin so easily placed on the lion's maw. She shook her head with a small roll of her eye. When she commenced running forward, the dark lioness felt her claws scraping against flesh. She learned so far to not let the small hits get her too excited. It could lead to downfall.
But, the hit did seem to take a bit more energy out of the seer. Her ears flattened at the roar, her body physically sinking away from the male. Intimidation indeed, at its finest.

The lioness took a step towards Majuto, returning the roar. She should have been paying attention to the lion's action, for she missed him swiping at her front paw. Caia stumbled, refusing to hit the ground just yet. With a raised lip, she put everything she had in one more move. The lioness jumped at the male, intended on clinging to the male with her claws until her energy was spent.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:03 pm
How impressive it was that she roared back at him, and for a moment he could appreciate the sound of it. That was her right, her will not to back down. So, he embraced that challenge, letting it shake his bones and excite him to his core. Even if she didn't realize it, she was the perfect example of an Outlander. She had a fierce will to fight and wasn't afraid to take on a challenge. Her tenacity would get her into a decent place within the pride.

But, just because she was doing well now didn't mean she deserved to have things taken easy on her. The best lions worked hard for their victories, and so Majuto would not hand her one so easily.

Majuto was not nearly in the same position as Caia where she was tired out. He had come into the fight well-rested - he had stamina to last, but her effort was worthy of praise. She attacked him with everything he had, and the best he could do with her was try to shake off a lioness that did not want to go. Her claws punctured into his skin, but that was not enough to deter him.

"Well, aren't you being feisty today!" he laughed. In the thick of it all, he laughed.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:50 pm
Krysin

The dark lioness held on as she felt the male shake beneath her. Her grip loosened, especially when he laughed.

The laughter through her off guard so much she felt herself slipping, and with a final shake under her, landed on her hind-end. "Omph."

Caia held up her paws. "You win. You win." She sagged a bit. Four duels. Four losses. She learned a bit more from every battle, just not the art of winning. Not yet. One day she would. "Though, if any of the Claws ask why I am not training as hard, I am totally throwing you under their paws, just so you know." The dark lioness grinned, emitting a soft sigh. She felt a small tingle in the back of her head, the normal feeling she felt when the wind 'spirits' were nearby. She heard no voices though. Her head tilted as she seemed to gaze at Majuto, but not really focusing on him. Normally when she got this feeling, she would be pushed in the direction by the soft breeze. Now, it was just...weird.

As soon as it came, the sensation ended. Golden eyes refocused back of Majuto. That was...weird.

"How long do you suggest I rest for?"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:15 pm
Majuto wondered what it was about lions trying to cling to him in battle - it had never worked out for anyone, and yet they still tried. Thankfully he managed to shake Caia off, and that last bit seemed enough to convince the lioness that she had lost the duel. It was the outcome he had suspected from the start, though he wondered if she too expected it. He didn't think her ego was so inflated that she thought she could have won in her current condition.

She was trying to get better, and that was admirable even if her actions were foolhardy. "I guess I'll just have to duel them too, then." Majuto answered smugly. He didn't think it would be too much of an issue to let the lioness catch up on some rest, but with his current winning streak when it came to duels he was sure that he could face any who challenged him and his decision.

"Not so long that you'll be considered neglecting your duties. Give yourself a couple of hours and just go curl up somewhere and snooze." He didn't think anyone would miss her during that time frame, not when everyone was so distracted by getting back into the swing of things.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:46 pm
Krysin

Caia shook her head at Majuto's remarks. "Sure, you do that." She withheld a snort.

"Don't overdo yourself either. Or you'll be in the same boat as me, eh?" She commented, stretching. "Maybe you can give me some pointers next time."

The tired lioness then nodded, turning away from the male. "See you around. For when we duel next, I plan to win. Remember that." She flashed the gray lion a small smirk, before she walked away from the other. She was going to take advantage of a quiet rest.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:51 pm
"I'll have you know that I know my body's limits!" he teased. Majuto had come out the victor after all, so he considered his right to give the lioness a little bit of a hard time. There had been days when he had pushed himself too far or picked a fight with someone he wasn't capable of beating. In the future, he'd likely make foolish mistakes again too. He was a young lion, and he was still learning. All he could pride himself on now was that he hadn't made a mistake this time.

"See you, Caia! I expect to see some improvement the next time we duel - If you win I'll have a heart attack." He didn't think she was so advanced in her training that she'd win against him any time soon. So, with a smug smirk on his face he turned around and headed off in the other direction.  

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces