Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Deserted...
[DUEL] Ebbe/Majuto

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Krysin rolled 5 6-sided dice: 4, 3, 2, 5, 4 Total: 18 (5-30)

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:34 pm
There were very few things in life that Majuto could have anticipated more than dueling with the Monarch's Claw. His heart was pounding in his chest, and he was sure that he was going to pass out from excitement. Was this what love felt like? He was going to duel the strongest warrior, chosen by the Queen to be her Claw. There could be no greater honor for a young lion like Majuto.

He did not expect to win, but he did expect to learn something from the seasoned warrior. All Majuto could hope was that he gave the older lion a challenge, and did not disappoint him. While Majuto had become quite skilled, he was still a young lion that had much to learn. He was experiencing a sort of restlessness after settling back into the Outlands, too use to roaming and always doing something.

Majuto wanted this fight more than anything, and it was likely that Ebbe could easily read him. The eagerness, the anticipation, the desire to make a good impression. His own brother probably would never understand the extent of Majuto's desire to become a great warrior.

"Thank you, Monarch's Claw, for accepting my request to duel you." He was surprised that he did not stumble over the words and that his voice did not quiver with excitement. The young male stood before Ebbe, posture too-rigid. Was he a little nervous? Certainly. But a good fight would shake that off of him quickly.

KasaiLoki

KasaiLoki rolled 5 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 4, 3, 4 Total: 16 (5-30)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:15 pm
The Monarch's Claw was on the shorter side, but that shouldn't let anyone fool them. Ebbe had more than enough battle scars to show his worth for the pride, and knowledge of the military art to prove that he deserved the title of the Monarch's Claw. Even whilst in the rogue lands, the striped male found himself in more than enough scuffles, the last leaving the small shoulder scar that had finally started to heal.

"I have to say, Majuto, I was rather surprised to see you request a duel from me. It is not every day I see a challenge." He was a busy lion after all, overseeing everything duel wise, and aiding the Queen. This small time off was the bees knees for the lion.

"I have seen how you were as a child. Let's see if that spirit still lasts in your adulthood." The lion extended a claw, sweeping his blonde mane from his eyes in the slicked back fashion.

"Now. Show me what you got." Always let them make the first move.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:38 pm
"I hope I am not imposing too much on your time, but the only way to get stronger is by fighting against the strongest." It was high praise for a lion he idolized. He had heard stories of Ebbe, and in his youth the lion had proved to be an imposing and influential figure. As a cub, he had those silly wistful dreams that Ebbe was his father and that he would grow up to be just as strong as him. Those childhood fancies had been whisked away by time. Now, Ebbe was a goal he hoped to reach one day.

In the future, perhaps he would even be stronger than the scarred male in front of him.

Majuto had grown well despite his constant travels through the rogue lands. The most worrisome attribute was Majuto's thick mane. It was far larger than normal, and hung back down over his shoulders, and lower yet to his stomach, covering quite a bit of skin that would have normally been exposed. It would not be unfair to guess that most of Majuto's weight was carried in that mane alone. It made him slower, but it was a difficult defense to break through.

He was not accustomed to making the first move, but he did it anyways as if following an order from his superior. After all, Ebbe was the Monarch's Claw, and he was just a Scar. The large male slowly closed the gap, watching Ebbe keenly. As he began to draw closer his speed increased into a short charge. Majuto sent himself crashing towards Ebbe, determined to see who's strength would make the other lose ground first.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:01 pm
Krysin

"While I am intrigued by your words, I must say in a duel such terms are not needed." Ebbe scolded. He disliked when challenges took a while to start. He understood why the lion would say such things. Ebbe had worked hard to get where he was, and it started pretty much how Majuto's Scar career did.

While Ebbe did not think bad of his own skills, having not seen this particular male fight did make him wonder just how well the younger blood would do. He wasn't as young as he use to be, but that did not mean anything. What was the old saying? Age before beauty?

When Majuto began to move, the striped male dug his claws into the dirt, anticipating the attack. He liked to wait until the opposition was close, stepping out at the last minute to get a surprised whirl attack when the other would not expect it. This time he would change his tactic. "You need to refine yourself a bit more," he stated as the lion got closer. "Square up as you increase your speed." He braced himself as the other barreled into him. He had muscle to withhold himself, but he could feel Majuto's strength was definitely comparable to his. This might not be good.

He pushed back on the male, a claw lifting to swipe at the males shoulder. His neck would be a hard place to get with that thick mane.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:32 pm
The notes Ebbe made about his attack were etched deeply into his mind. It may have not been clear to anyone witnessing the duel, but Majuto had heard and acknowledged them. Anything Ebbe said to him would be taken in and appreciated. There was no finer lion to learn from than Ebbe, even if the Monarch's Claw did not quite agree with Majuto's method for learning.

He should have answered Ebbe, but the force of their bodies pushing against one another took all of his attention then. Majuto should have expected Ebbe's strength, but it could not be understated how strong his opponent was. The dusky colored lion was used to being able to throw his weight around and win that way. He was large and strong, and just reaching the prime of his life. In another few years, he could be a truly menacing opponent.

He just needed.... practice.

Majuto growled with pain as claws raked over his shoulder. It was a superficial wound, but that did not mean it was painless. While most may have backed down to try a different form of attack, Majuto stood his ground. His best chance was staying close and locked with Ebbe, where he didn't have to waste energy in foot play and just try to overpower his opponent. With a roar, a paw came crashing down towards Ebbe's face. To his credit, Majuto did not try to hold back. Instead, he came at Ebbe with everything he had.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:50 pm
Krysin

Ebbe smirked as he felt the connection of his paw against the flesh. He did not let the success in the attack hinder his thoughts however, knowing from previous battles such thoughts could lead to a downfall real quickly. While some would be surprised at the incoming paw, the striped male was not.

Although the male loved to be adorned with battle scars, the one thing he disliked the most was wounds to the face. They were particularly sensitive when it came to the healing process. His head shied away, feeling the sharp talon like claws scrape over an already healed scar.

Nothing major to reopen the old battle wound.

"Come on Majuto" he tested. "Catch me by surprise," he did not retaliate just yet, using this moment to observe the dark lion's fighting skills. He was definitely a warrior.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:04 pm
It was true that he probably needed an element of surprise to best Ebbe. The tales of the lion's strength were by no way idle flattery. Majuto had never thought they were, but it was clearer now to see just why he was the Monarch's Claw. Ebbe's ancestors surely were beaming down proudly upon him from the stars. The lion would have a legacy of his own, so that one day his descendants would look up into the sky and ask him for his wisdom.

Majuto could only dream to make it so well with his own life.

Causing an old wound to reopen was only a minor victory against such a worthy opponent. But, he'd go for whatever weak spot he could reach. He fought with an Outlander's mentality, though he had yet to really think outside of that. He relied on his strength and his ability to read his opponents weaknesses. When he faced an opponent that had few it made things more difficult.

Majuto backed away from the clash, chest heaving as he thought of a way to defeat the lion. Slowly the dusk colored male began to circle Ebbe, trying to gauge the lion's reaction time or bait out an attack from the older male. If he was on his feet and moving, he had a better chance of avoiding an assault. "I am sure you have seen nearly everything in a fight," Majuto told him with a dark laugh.

Then a paw reached out, testing his opponent again by reaching out for one of his back legs. At least he had settled down from a foolhardy frontal assault.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:21 pm
Krysin

Ebbe's watched the darker male back up. He could see the cogs in his head turning, thinking of a different tactic. Although he did not have one at hand, Ebbe knew it would come with time. It wasn't as if a lion was born with ability to fight, without having to work for it.

Majuto had potential, Ebbe could definitely see that. He snorted at the male's comment, refusing to retort the word obviously though it was clearly evident on his face.

His eyes narrowed as he watched the lion begin to move, circling him as if he were a vulture to prey. Ebbe took the opportunity to lash out, missing the lion that scooted from underneath his feet. Unfortunately, this left him open for an attack, and Majuto's paws hit its target. The Monarch's Claw did not react, he tried not to let others see the effect they could have on him. Instead he huffed, swinging himself to stand face to face to Majuto. Intimidation was one of the lion's strong point.

"I concede. This duel is over. You have impressed me, Majuto.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:25 pm
Majuto found himself nose to nose with Ebbe, and if the lion had wanted to attack in that moment Majuto was convinced he'd be unable to defend himself. Surprise flickered across his face when Ebbe announced he had conceded victory to him. There was still plenty of fight left within both of them, so Majuto could only wonder if his last hit had actually hurt the lion enough to make him back down.

Despite being the victor of the fight, it was Majuto who took a step back to place some distance between himself and Ebbe. The thick-maned lion respectfully bowed his head to his opponent, because while Majuto had won the duel, Ebbe was still the Monarch's Claw. It had been an honor to even duel the lion and feel Ebbe's strength for himself.

"Thank you, Monarch's Claw," he told the lion with a breathy voice. The duel had taken some out of the male, especially considering how much weight he had to move around in his mane alone. "It was an honor to fight against you."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:33 pm
Krysin

Ebbe nodded briefly. "You have shown much potential, Majuto. I hope you do not disappointment me in your training. In no time I say you would make a fine Claw. And who knows, perhaps in time would be a great replacement for the Monarch's Claw." He let the smirk rest on his maw.

He turned away from the male, his orange eyes scanning the area, curious if there were any onlookers. A few felines here and there, that was fine. "Keep working. I expect to see your improvements in the upcoming weeks." He'd love to see Majuto battle a Claw next, as he didn't think some of the Scars would prove much of a challenge for him.

The lion walked up, the small rivets of blood already beginning to dry up. Maybe a small scar would form on his back hock. Time would tell.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces