[PRP] returning the favor [ a'ye + s'del

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:00 pm
There was nothing more sweet, or bittersweet, or bitter, than that first cup of klah after being released from the infirmary. Discharged with a bill of (decent enough) health, A'ye found himself happily downing his third or fourth mug of his absolute favorite drink in all of Pern. He'd been more or less denied it while recovering, something about the caffeine not being good for his body while he mended, and now that he was under the watchful eye of healers he was going to drink himself silly. After the fourth or fifth mug he came more to his senses, and by the seventh or eighth he began to think that maybe he needed to go and properly thank the healers one more time.

Perhaps while he was there he could offer to help out? Roll bandages, maybe talk to the ill as someone had done for him before? The memory of babbling to others while sick brought a hint of pink to his already flushed (with warmth) cheeks, and the greenrider felt the need to make up for it. Oyath snorted against the idea, warning he was going to make a bigger fool of himself (or get sick again), but A'ye ignored her warnings and headed up.

The healers were surprised to see him, and before he could even say anything they ushered him towards a bed with a figure resting atop it. Confused, he was about to ask what the deal was when he recognized who resided within. ".....S'del?"

Masterharper

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:22 pm
houllow
So I'm trying to catch up with tags... << I broke my self-restraint.

The man could feel Kindeth clinging worriedly to their link; could feel the dragon try to ease the pain in his chest, his throat, the aching of his joints, and the pounding in his head. Things had been rough for the bronze rider since he'd taken a turn for the worst, and for some time it had been a bit touch and go. The flu that wracked High Reaches had been swift and ugly and fatal in many cases -- while S'del did not remember some of his time in the infirmary, Kindeth's fears and worries told him all he needed to know.

Thankfully, the healers claimed he was on the mend. They weren't willing to let him return to his weyr, and he was still checked on regularly, but as the days wore on he found himself spending most of that time awake, and less in a fever-induced haze. While his temperature was still high, and breathing was still uncomfortable, the man drifted in between sleep, rest, and misery in fits and starts on and off. Honestly, if he'd had his way, he would have happily kept himself dosed with fellis until he was more on the mend -- when he was awake, he was too weak to leave bed, but not weak enough to not be bored. Talking to Kindeth was comforting, but part of the bronze rider felt restless. Unlike some in the Infirmary, the man had had no real visitors. He was, he knew, still a bit of an outsider -- a stranger, who might have rode a bronze dragon, but who was relatively unknown.

His wingmates were either too ill or too busy to spend any time, and he had no family. Those he had brought back from Telgar were either dragon riders in their own right, had other jobs to do, had left the Weyr.... and those he had not found, were at this point, presumed dead. His family was gone, and though he had more marks than he knew what to do with, and stability where none had been before -- being so sick only reminded him of everything that had truly been lost.

Surely, S'del knew, he had to have been on the mend. His thoughts were more coherent, and left him with far too much time to think. Thankfully, for a few moments at least, the young rider was due a respite. The voice that cut through his thoughts, and allowed his eyes to flutter open, was both familiar and foreign. He blinked blearily, only to stare at the individual who was now standing beside his bed.

What a sight.

The dark haired, pale skinned man was a surprise -- but a welcome sight -- to S'del. He almost didn't recognize him as Oyath's until Kindeth made the connection. Ah, but if Pern had some idea of angels, he might well have thought he was staring at one. Unfortunately, S'del could only force a weak smile. "A'ye," his voice croaked, but it couldn't be helped. His throat was raw from coughing, and unused from time spent in the infirmary. Though his head objected, and his bones ached, and he physically felt terrible with a bit of a fever....another part of him felt euphoric. "...H-hello." He tried to sit up, so he might look or more less more presentable, but all he managed to do was fail back into his pillow. Nope. Wasn't gonna happen quite yet. "Are you... better?" He half-rasped, letting his brows knit. "You look so good."

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:08 pm
Somewhere, deep inside his heart, A'ye felt the faintest of flutters as S'del said his name. Perhaps it was because he was excited to be recognized - a tall feat considering how absolutely disgusting he must have looked while sitting in the bed. Now he was washed and dressed, his face red only from the warmth of his klah drinks and not from fever or embarrassment. When S'del tried to sit up to greet him more but simply fell back, A'ye felt himself lunge forward to make sure the man didn't hurt himself. He stopped when the bronzerider merely hit the pillows, though his brow was knit with concern and a faint 'ah!' of worry had escaped his lips.

"I'm doing good, but you....you look...." How was he going to word this. Honesty? Were they at a level in their brief I-met-you-once friendship to have a laughing level of honesty? Nothing ventured nothing gained anyway, so why not take a risk? It wasn't like the man could get up and do anything to him. "You look like....a mess. Let me see if I can get a moist towel so you can wipe your face, at least make yourself somewhat presentable for a guest."

A'ye gave a soft pat to the rider's shoulder before turning to go and find a healer. He was fairly glad he managed to keep himself calm, because as soon as he turned his face away he basically burst into flames. One of the healers he approached asked if he was feeling ill, though when he denied it and simply asked for a cool cloth he got a raised eyebrow and a chuckle.

Obviously the healer knew something he didn't and it made him uneasy. With the cloth in hand he returned to S'del's side, having only taken a mere moment or two to get things together. "I'm back. Would you like to try and sit up again? Would you like me to get you some water while you clean up a bit?"

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:54 pm
S’del didn’t mind A’ye’s honesty. He was certain he looked absolutely awful, though part of him wondered why he even cared. It took too much energy to care, and right now, he had about the strength of a infant. “Sorry,” he spoke, brows knitting a bit in concern even as A’ye tutted and went to get him a cloth. He hadn’t thought he’d have a guest, and making oneself presentable was a feat when one couldn’t even sit up properly. All he could do was wait for the man to return, and hope he wasn’t too offended by his lack of skills or manners.

“Thanks,” he reached up weakly to take the cloth, though even doing that much was difficult. He listened to A’ye, and ever eager to please, this time tried sitting up again, but a bit slower. He wound up managing, though it was more of a sliding further up the pillow pile. Still, it was a start, and he was determined to leave A’ye with a somwhat-good impression. He certainly didn’t want the green rider to think he was weak.

Kindeth fussed a bit, assuring him that he wasn’t, that he was simply sick.

“Glad to...see you... healthy,” he spoke slowly trying to avoid falling into a fit of coughs. He reached up to rub the cloth along his forehead, trying hard not to flinch. It felt far too cold against his fevered state, but A’ye had brought it for him, and he didn’t want to seem ungrateful. Even if he felt like a step away from death. “I’m… I’m good with you here. The company’s nice.” And that was the truth.
”houllow”

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:02 pm
"Here, let me." There was a certain flavor of boldness in A'ye's actions as he moved and softly placed his hand over S'del's. A gentle squeeze had him take the cloth, and carefully he moved to dab a bit at S'del's forehead. Maybe all of this action for caring so effortless for another person came from his Turns helping his mother as a fosterer in the creche; it had been barely just a tick since he'd arrived and panicked and already he was smothering. If and when the dots finally did connect at his forward behavior there would be no doubt how rapidly the green rider would dismiss himself from the infirmary, if not from all of High Reaches period for the next sevenday or so. "Let me know if this is painful. I know sudden cold can sting, but our body temperatures together should warm it a little."

The cloth was placed against A'ye's own neck to check the temperature, and he held it there when it felt a bit cold. He knew he was being somewhat rude to try and force S'del to do it all on his own when the man had been nothing but kind to him, and so, well. The dots were starting to connect, slowly, but the bronze rider in front of him was unwell and had been so kind to A'ye. It was only natural to return the favor and....uweh.

When the cloth seemed warm enough he moved and went to reach to wipe S'del's face and neck again, only to stop as even more dots clicked in to place. His companion may have been the one to be sick but it was A'ye's face that was so red he looked as though he were on fire. "Aa....ahh...um...." His eyes instantly grew watery as the embarrassment started to kick in. How could he have been so forward like this? Not only was he being rude to a bronze rider, but this was also someone who was sick and someone he barely knew. They might as well just stake him out for Thread at this point.

And so A'ye completely froze, his hand still holding the cloth and his mouth open a little. He trembled slightly, all the while ignoring the soft laughter inside his head from a green dragon who knew this was going to happen.

Uta
MERRI CRMBO

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces