Wardite stayed in the alleyway for a long moment, breathing slowly through his nose as he let the thrill of the hunt wash over him. Where Leucite prefered to stalk his prey from above, Wardite found it better to stay level with them. He didn’t have the advantage of teleportation - and jumping down off the top of a roof - while dramatic - was a good way to get shot out of the sky by the overly jumpy.

His prey was very jumpy.

But that happened when you killed their entrouage in front of them and let them run off into the night. Still - had to have a little bit of fun, and that meant being able to taste the fear.

He was so focused on his task, he did not notice any of the other signatures around him, for better or worse.
---

The hustle and bustle of the evening had drawn Laverna out this way. She had heard men screaming. A strange sound and one that made the masked Dark Mirror VERY curious.

From the rooftops, it had not been hard to make decent timing and come across the pile of what almost looked like ‘discarded’ bodies. “Interesting.” She mumbled, dropping to the ground and doing a quick pulse check. Oh they were very much dead. “And yet not a wound in site.”

That was when she picked up the aura coming from farther down and felt herself some. “Ah! Agent.” Laverna chuckled, deciding something had to be more interesting than nothing.

Back on the rooftops, Laverna moved past the source of the aura trying to spot what it was hunting. “Huh…” She mumbled before dropping down between the pair, not giving a s**t who say. “You know keep this up an he’s going to put some distance between you with that car he’s running for.”
---
She - for the figure was female in shape - dropped down from the roof and he cursed, both audibly and mentally. He didn’t jump at least, which was the only saving grace. He really needed to pay more attention when he went out on his own, else it could have been so much worse. Her aura felt weird though - so he was pretty sure she wasn’t one of theirs - but she definitely wasn’t white moon either.

He clicked his tongue. “If he gets away, he gets away, I find him again another day and we keep doing this dance for a bit until he gives in.” Ward said with a shrug. “Unless you want to cut him off at the pass and join in on the fun?” He asked with a raise of his brow. “Or you want to offer a bit of different fun in return for me giving up the chase?”

He lifted his brows a bit on this last part, he’d yet to meet any senshi or knight that bit on it - at least willingly. But it was easier to take them out at the knees when he had backup, and he didn’t have Piy with him tonight.
---
Listening to the offer caused a brow to raise. But not at all for the reason he might have hoped. “Interesting accent there. Irish?” Laverna asked with a c**k of her head.

“Apologies though but I'm not interested in being another Negaverse bed mate tally. Too many of those running around already. But I am curious how you dealt with the lugs back down the alley.”

Hands went behind her back as she leaned forward. “Compared to them...you are skinny.”
---
Ward laughed and shrugged his shoulders. “Eh, was worth a shot,” He said, not overly concerned about being shot down. No skin of his back after all. But always worth the shot regardless. As to her question though…

“Irish, yeah,” He nodded with another shrug. “And I handled them the same way I handle any other cattle, get in quick, grab their seeds and move on.” He shrugged. “They were slow as all hell anyway. Why, you fancy a go?”

His blood was up, and she was letting his target get away. If she wanted to throw down, he wasn’t afraid to square up.
---
“Not if it means you are going to feel me up like you did them.” Laverna chuckled, raising back to standing before she turned around from him. The agent gave a feeling of a ticking time bomb. One that she was enjoying poking.

“Fancy a little challenge?” Laverna finally asked, looking back over her shoulder. “Say...first one to grab the man falling over his own two feet wins. Winner gets to drain him.”
---
“Alright, I’m game,” he said with a grin. “I’d say ladies first, but I get the feeling you’re no lady.”

In truth he wouldn’t have either way - wager was a wager after all.

He didn’t wait for a go command either, instead he made for the nearest wall and vaulted up to the top of it with an easy leap, resuming his chase over rooftops. If she decided to mess with him - well, two would be able to play at that game.
---
The amusement on Laverna’s face didn’t show to others but her eyes were smiling. Like his move, she easily flipped herself back onto the rooftops before giving chase. This was where she was used to moving, not down below in the streets.

But she had one thing to take care of. The agent had gotten a head start after all…

As she came up beside him, one building over, Laverna glanced before spinning and kicking the top of an exhaust vent straight at him.

She didn’t miss a beat, flipping slightly to land back on her feet.
---
He saw the vent too late to dodge it, and it clipped him upside the temple with a dull CLANG. He staggered a few steps, cursing loudly as he made the next jump to the next roof, wiping blood off the side of his forehead as he grumbled. But the staggering had been enough, she’d definitely gotten a head start on him. Growling, he tried to sprint after her to pick up speed, but he found that he wasn’t able to close the gap - too far behind her as he saw their target making the b-line for his car.

He didn’t need to be good at math (he wasn’t unless it was money) to know that she was going to beat him there easily. Hissing in anger, he kept up after her though. After all - it wasn’t his energy he was after…

As long as he was alive when she was done, he could at least get his consolation prize.
---
Chuckling, Laverna took the lead with ease. As she came to the end, the dark mirror launched herself off the roof, flipping twice before sticking a landing between the man and his car. Her eyes were down so she missed the look of terror until she flipped her hooded face up. Ah! There was look she was waiting for.

No words were needed as she drew out a shard of glass and gave it a flick. With a whisp, something moved in the shadows. Then came the scream as her wrath began to feed.

It was not until the male fell limp to the ground that she flicked the glass and sent her wrath back to the depths of the mirror.

“So did you even try?” She called backwards.
--
There was no answer but the weight of Wardite’s body jumping down onto her back, arms attempting to wrap themselves around her neck in a sleeper choke. The heavy Irish accent of Wardite hissing in her ear.

“Try? Why try when you’ve taken him down for me? I can still get my prize provided he’s breathing, and if not, I can just take it from you instead…” He chuckled darkly. “A two for one deal, so to speak.”

His grip tightened around her as he was quick to smash his foot into the back of her heel to try and get her to drop into his choke hold further. “Come on, time to sleep…”
---
Laverna had been told that agents were not someone to mess with. She had just never believed it. How many had she met that either just wanted to flirt with her or talk? This one though…

The gasp barely escaped her mouth through that fabric. His food slid down her leg, pushing against her and causing her weight to shift. Had she been out of practice, she might...just might...have dropped. Years though of balance gave her the ability shift to one foot and stay upright. He could have the blood starseed.

But he wasn’t going to touch her own. Laverna knew she would have to act fast.

Turning her chin into the crook of his arm, she raised her shoulders and pushed down with her chin. It was a move she knew most people couldn’t escape. But she also knew that if she could see both of his hands, she would stay alive.

Damn mask or she would sink her teeth into him.
---
If Laverna could see Wardite’s face, she would see a mask of pure gleeful murder. His eyes were sparkling at the prospect of a second starseed, and the ones from senshi were amazing. He wondered - idly - what one from one of these strange not Negaverse senshi would be like. But instead of going down like a good little treat, she started to struggle, getting her chin into the crook of his arm causing him to hiss in frustration.

He tried to get a bit more height, to hang her up on his arms, but she still managed to keep on tip-toe, and with a frustrated grunt, he released his grip on her neck - since he didn’t want her dead - and kneed her in the back, to try and push her away and get some distance.

“Good job, you passed the test,” He grumbled with an almost playful light. “Most senshi go down like a bag of bricks.”
---
Stumbling forward, Laverna quickly turned on her heels and glared daggers back at the agent. “Test my a**.” She hissed out through her mask, stepping back once more. “You legit were going to try and kill me. Sorry you ******** monster but I’m not like other senshi.”

Now it was her turn to jump back, making sure that even with his own speed, he couldn’t reach her with ease. “I know my body and my abilities better than them. You on the other hand...you ******** need help.”

She didn’t wait for a response. She didn’t trust it.

Turning, Laverna made a run for it.
---
Wardite let her go with a shrug. Nothing she’d said hadn’t been said to him before, in more terse, and blunt ways than her own. He let her run, instead moving to harvest the starseed from the unconscious body before him.

All in all, an okay night.

Torvil