Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
{PRP}Overgrown Paths {Soui x Omurntas}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:27 pm
Omurntas walked down an overgrown path. His two blue firelizards peeping softly on his shoulders. He muttered under his breath. The place couldn't be that fardling complex. Yet here he was again, lost. It hadn't been that long since he'd come here.

He didn't remember having this much trouble back at the orchard, but then he admitted he had lived there a long time and pretty much grown up knowing the place. Omurn sighed as he pushed aside another low hanging branch. Someone should really trim back these walk ways, he thought.

He didn't consider himself a gardener, but perhaps he could look into starting an orchard here. It would be something he was familiar with while he waited to see if he ever impressed. Surely he masters would be proud if he could start one. The young man considered what trees would be good to cultivate here as he walked.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:49 pm
She was lost. Soui had never thought herself the type to get lost, but the fact of the matter was it was difficult to lose your way if you know every inch of your home. Such had been the case for thirteen turns inside the hall, but the Weyr and its surroundings were far too different.

Soui also thought she was the type to be able to climb a tree and not have issues, and yet here she was with that as well, clinging to the trunk of a way to tall to fall from thing. The idea of climbing up had been to help her find her way back, and now she was in a worse state than before.

And - the cherry on top - she'd dropped one of her shoes. It lay on the ground beneath the tree, and Soui was mourning the loss of her shoe more than the loss of being able to get down.

magnadearel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:34 pm
houllow

He stumbled. Omurn managed to catch himself before he went down to the ground, but his two blues fluttered up with angry squawks. The young man turned to see what had been in the path that had almost brought him down.

A shoe.

A young person's shoe judging by the size.

He stooped to pick it up and wondered who'd be leaving their shoe in the middle of such an overgrown path. A noise above him, and the irritated cries of his firelizards, made him look up. To find a young girl in the tree.

"What the shaft are you doing up there?!"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:56 pm
"I can't get down." Soui was careful to keep the fear and crying out of her voice as she answered the question with such an obvious answer. "Al..also, I got lost and couldn't see where I was going, so I thought that if I went to higher ground I'd be able to see where I was." That hadn't helped in the slightest since all she'd seen was more trees, and part of her wondered if this whole area would be chopped down now that Thread had returned. Thread did do numbers on natural life, didn't it?

"Also I dropped my shoe and- " Now she was making excuses, but at least Soui turned her head to look down and see who it was that was talking to her. She didn't recognize the voice in the slightest, and the view didn't change that opinion. She really needed to work on getting out more and meeting more of the residents of the Weyr, if not so she could avoid situations like this in the future. "Well, for now I'm just sitting here."

magnadearel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:41 pm
houllow

Omurn blinked a moment. He could hear the fear and tears in her voice. Her reasoning sort of made sense. Yes, he knew she'd dropped her shoe. Poor thing. He chuckled softly.

"Well why don't we get you down to start? From there I can help you get back to the main weyr." Omurn held up his hands for her to grab on to. "Don't worry I won't drop you."  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:03 am
There was no need to hesitate and no need to not trust in the man's words, and so Soui shifted slightly so she could reach for him. It would be a small drop into his arms from where she was at but nothing that could hurt either of them. "Okay. Here I come." A soft inhale and exhale was made before the teen let go, allowing herself to drop down carefully into the hands that waited to help her out.

Honestly glad at this point for being small and light, Soui shifted so she could be let down without difficultly and that she wouldn't have her bare foot on the ground. "Thank you so much. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't come along."

Soui likely could have called for Tsuyat and Yudueth to assist but, being lost, how would that have helped?

magnadearel
i know this tag is really, really old! if you would like to drop or continue this RP please let me know!

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:32 pm
houllow
Oooo continue yes please!

From the branches his two blues chirped encouragement at the girl. Omurn smiled as she made no fuss, simply trusting him to keep his word. He braced himself, but it was hardly needed for she was lighter than he'd thought. He swung her down safely to the ground.

"Right, there you go. Here's your shoe too." He proffered the lost footwear. "I am sure you would have figured something out. I bet you're more resourceful than you give yourself credit for." Omurn waited while she put her shoe back on.

"C'mon boys. Let's get the little lady back home in a jiffy." Apparition and Nightfall fluttered ahead of the pair, chattering as if they'd completed this rescue themselves.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:41 pm
"Ah." Soui took the shoe and slipped it back on her foot, surprised to see just how cold her toes had gotten without her noticing. It was something like a scene from one of those stories her mother would often tell at bed time, of a young woman being rescued and being given her shoes, but seeing as Soui lost her shoes a lot maybe it wasn't so far fetched. "Again, thank you."

She could keep saying thank you until the end of time but that wouldn't change anything. He was right to give her praise that she'd have thought of something eventually but Soui kept that thought to herself, if it managed to manifest at all. Instead she focused on the two blue flitters that spun around, her face lighting up brightly. "These two lovelies are yours? I love firelizards."

magnadearel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:01 pm
houllow

Omurn glanced at his temporary charge. "Don't think anything of it. I'm Omurntas. What's your name?" He nodded as the talk turned to his flits. "Aye. The one further ahead is Apparition and Nightfall is a couple wingbeats behind."

He headed confidently up the trail, taking a left turn that would lead them sooner to the main weyr. Not as straight forward as the orchards he was use to, but he enjoyed these covered over paths.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:28 pm
"They're so pretty. I'm not allowed to have a firelizard so I really like looking at other people's and getting to know their names." The little teen reached out a bit to see if one would like to come near her, maybe allow her to pet it, and all the while she kept smiling. "And my name's Soui! I'm from the Healer Hall."

It was so amazing to see how he walked through effortlessly, taking a path that Soui hadn't even known could work. If left alone by now she'd have been in another tree, probably stuck once more.

magnadearel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:04 pm
houllow

The two firelizards eyed the hand, but stayed well clear. "Sorry about them. They aren't the most social of beasts. Really? That's a shame. Maybe when you get older? Nice to meet you Soui. All the way from Healer Hall? Are you aiming for dragonhealer, or just healer with a dragon?"

Omurn mulled over his own options. Really he'd be growing an orchard, but if he Impressed then probably his focus would shift over to raising his dragon. There really wasn't a way he could marry the two. He sighed softly to himself. Would he really have to give his passion? Surely riding couldn't take up all his time? He'd find some way to make it work.

"What brought you all the way out here Soui?"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:39 pm
Soui smiled, having taken no offense at the antics of the firelizards. This was more than enough and, maybe like he said, she could get one in the future. Her parents weren't here to tell her no after all, and she doubted her uncle even cared enough to try and stop her. Tsuyat would certainly encourage it, for whatever that was worth to a stranger.

"Just a healer, no dragon involved either way. My family....." How was she supposed to phrase it without sounding downright awfu? "My family is more on the....traditional side of healing, I suppose you could say." As in they valued people far more than anything else despite the fact dragons were the ones saving Pern now. "I came here with that large group of Healers, but really was only allowed to stay properly after the latest clutch." She was referring to the one where the gold had gotten ill and it had been very touch and go; there had also been a lot of mauling and a death.

"As for why I'm out here.....I wanted to explore a little. Western is my home right now and I suppose I was feeling a bit adventurous. When I got lost I tried to see if I could tell where I was from being up higher, so I climbed a tree. That's where you found me." The thought suddenly occurred to her that she may have said that and was repeating herself, prompting a tiny bit of color to spread over her scarred cheeks. "I..I've never really seen trees or things like this before." Just the stone of the healer hall.

magnadearel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas