[PRP] getting to know you [ soui + shehara Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:46 pm
So maybe she was a little late. Just a little. Or maybe she was two candlemarks late, and Pem had yelled at her so much her ears were still ringing and people were glancing at her over their shoulders. It wasn't like Soui had intended to be late, surely her uncle knew and understood that, but sometimes there were things she just couldn't help. Like being three candlemarks late, instead of just the two.

Part of her wondered if it had been worth coming to help in the infirmary at all, and if she'd just stayed in the sleeping quarters she could have feigned an illness and been excused.The thought of lying and being irresponsible made her hate herself, if just a tiny bit, and she was glad that she'd been adult enough to arrive and take her punishment. That didn't make anything easier though, and so she sat rolling and unrolling bandages, checking to see if any of the needed replaced or were soiled beyond use. Not a glamorous job, but it was indeed vital. And time consuming. And boring.

The apprentice healer yawned loudly and rubbed one of her eyes with the back of her hand before going back to work.

faesinger
i hope this works! if you need me to change anything please let me know

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:53 am
Anyone else might call it a bad fall. To Shahera it had been a good one as embarrassing as falling out of the tree was. Nothing was broken and there were no major gashes. Blood did stain her pants, sleeves, and shirt because she had scrapped up the almost entire left side of her body. She was thankful the face had been spared though. She wasn’t vain too much but scars on the face were not great when trying to persuade lords and ladies to tell you things. They so often cared so very much about looks.

After she entered the Healerhall, Shahera approached someone from behind that was rolling bandages. That was all she needed, plus some help cleaning out the dirt. “Hey,” she said hoping to not startle the girl. “I sort of scrapped myself a little. Could I have a few of those?”

houllow

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:19 pm
Soui had been absorbed in her thoughts when a sudden voice from behind startled her, prompting her to drop the roll she'd been inspecting. "Uweh!" The sound she made was hardly graceful, and she felt the red spread over her cheeks as she bent to gather the spilled cloth. "Jus...just a moment, please. I'll be right with you." Scrambling, Soui managed to get everything together before she turned to face the individual.

A smile crossed her face as her inner healer mode kicked in, and she motioned for the stranger to have a seat on the stool she'd been using. "You said you got scraped up? Do you require anything for pain?" A quick assessment was needed, and once the girl got seated Soui decided she would circle around her before starting basic first aid.

She...she was allowed, after all, and so it was her duty to help with the minor things so the older and more experienced healers could perform other tasks. Pausing in her thoughts to get her hair from her face, Soui unwrapped a thin strip of leather from about her wrist and used it to tie her hair back, ending the motion with a smile once more.

faesinger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:17 am
As the girl turned to facer her, the only outward indication that Shahera was surprised by the girl’s appearance was a quick blink. Shahera had seen many things in her short lifetime and knew how to school her face quickly. That didn’t mean she wasn’t insanely curious about what had caused the scars.

“Hmmm…I might be a little scratched…” It wasn’t that she was trying to downplay what had the large swath of scrapped up skin and the blood staining her clothing. It just wasn’t that much in Shahera’s mind. “Do you do the healer prattle as you work too? I always found that fascinating. It is the most riveting conversations…” She was being sarcastic even if the prattle often told her a lot about the healer.

“Oh!” Putting her hand dramatically to her forehead, Shahera exclaimed. “I am in absolute agony, It hurts so much. I must have the pain taken away.” She grinned at the girl to share the joke. Truthfully she didn’t like the things that the pain relievers did to her. If she could manage without them, she would.

houllow

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:06 pm
The sarcasm was completely and utterly wasted on Soui, in that she didn't take it as such. "It is pretty obvious that you're banged up, and if you're in that much pain I can talk to one of the senior healers here about getting you something for it to go. Or would you prefer something now, if you can't handle it?" There was no malice in her own words, no indication that she wanted to return the comments. Her concern was genuine and it showed as she reached out and took the young woman's arm.

"As for my prattle, it's easier for me to say things out loud so you know what's going to happen. I think it would be pretty scary if someone just started in on me with something and I had no idea what was going on." The scrapes didn't look too deep, thankfully, but there were small bits of detritus in the wounds. Consistent with...a fall against something? "Talking also helps you know that things aren't that serious, since most people don't talk when they don't want to worry someone."

There was a pause, and a glance about. "Do you mind removing your shirt, or at least lifting it up? I want to see if the scrapes on your side have anything in them that might need rinsed out."

faesinger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:24 am
Well that was not the expected reaction. Shahera studied the small girl as she took off her shirt. The small scabs that had been forming tore as she did so. Was the girl ignoring the sarcasm or simply oblivious? Shahera was used to healers that told her to stop with the theatrics and get to business.

“Need nothing for the pain. It actually doesn’t hurt all that much.” She carefully did not shrug. “How long have you been a healer apprentice? You are new to Western. At least I haven’t seen you around.” And Shahera had met a lot of the healers over her time there. She wasn’t accident prone, per se, she just liked to push her limits far and wide. “Better prattle than some I have heard. There was this one healer that went out about his grandkids. This was while setting my arm after a break mind you. I think he was trying to distract me but it didn’t really work.”

houllow

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:14 pm
Soui nodded in agreement to the woman's saying of her pain, as a closer look at the scrapes did make her think that they indeed seem shallow. At most they'd sting when exposed to air, and probably more when cloth or water touched them, but nothing too serious. A little salve here and there, keeping it moist, and it'd heal just fine. Maybe Soui should have said that out loud, but she kept in it for now as she answered the largest question.

"I....I've been an official apprentice for a little over half a turn, but my family are all healers so I've been raised in the Hall all of my life." Soui wasn't sure if she was supposed to be answering personal questions while working on someone, but it would be rude to ignore and say it was irrelevant. She knew that at thirteen, it was sort of late to say she'd just begun her training - but it made sense in her mind. The 'official' and 'apprentice' had just been slapped on only recently, but since the teen could remember she'd been assisting and working alongside her family, so perhaps she had more experience than a simple job title could say.

Would it be considered bragging though if she went on to say that? That even if she was just titled, Soui had experience and so this person didn't need to worry? There was a mental shake of the head no, she needed to focus. "I'm sorry to hear that his talking wasn't really helping, but you'll be happy to know that you're just mildly scraped up. I don't see any signs of excessive bruising, though you'll likely be sore for a few days and certainly tender around where you landed." The young teen stopped in her assessment as she wondered who she needed to ask for a salve. "Putting a salve on your scrapes should help keep them moist, allowing for better healing and a prevention of scarring, so I'll look into getting a small amount for you. I can also get you some bandages, if you'd feel more comfortable with them wrapped." She paused again. "It probably would be better, since a bandage would prevent the salve from having your clothes stick to you."

Soui was doing her best to limit her prattle, as the young woman before her said she didn't seem to care for it, but instead of being nice it probably made her look either offended or indifferent. Neither were what she was hoping for, really.

faesinger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:48 pm
“Congratulations on becoming an apprentice!” Shahera said sincerely. “It can be hard to pick a path. Thankfully you can still change it if you find you hate taking care of rider brats.” She laughed and then hissed a little as it pulled at her side. “Yeah, I think i just need help making sure it is clean.” She gestured towards her side.

A small green head made it’s way inside the hall followed by the front half of a dragon half grown. Mine? You said it wouldn’t take long. It has taken long. Do we have to be done playing now? Therianth looked about and started knocking things over.

“Shards.” Shahera was up and moving instantly. She knew that her dragon was not going to stop trying to come in and make a mess until Therianth could see Shahera. Dragon’s could be so needy at times. To Soui she called as she moved, “do you think we could do this outside? Sorry, but she is feeling clingy it seems.”

Where is your shirt? Aren’t you supposed to have a shirt? Shahera was greeted as she was spotted. Therianth had to choose that time to remember the etiquette lessons on proper human clothing, didn’t she?

houllow

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:56 pm
"Outsi -" Soui turned in time to see a dragon - likely still a young one based on its size - barrel into the infirmary. The reaction from the woman she'd been helping lead her to believe that this individual was a rider, and so the teen mentally chastised herself for her tone. She would need to speak far more politely from now on, but then again she needed to respect the personality and wishes of her patient. The casual speech had worked fine thus far, and had even earned her an honest congratulations, so maybe it was best if she kept it that way. "We can go outside, but - " She paused and looked at all the damage of a few things scattered about. Nothing too serious or broken and honestly, it'd give her something to do once this person departed.

Still. With a clearing of her throat, Soui turned her eyes to the lovely green dragon. "I do understand your worry for your rider, and your want to be near her, but please understand me when I ask you politely to leave. We'll be joining you outside - but it's not so you can get your way. It's just too dangerous for you to be in here where you could get hurt too." The young teen was so oddly confident and comfortable in talking to dragons, even when she knew nothing about them and should have held some level of fearful respect. She risked the wrath of a dragon, to say nothing of the rider of said dragon, but her tone held nothing but professional caution. "I'd rather neither of you have to be kept here longer than you already are, so if you'll step outside for a moment your rider can get her shirt and I can patch her up with you nearby."

That was the end of her statement, and Soui turned to pick up a few knocked down things. She'd need the bandages for sure, and some salve, but what else? Her mind ran down the list of items as she casually collected random bottles from the floor.

faesinger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:41 pm
“I really am sorry.” Shahera told the girl. “The healer is right. This is not a place for dragons.” This was said with a glare at the offending dragon. Shahera ran back and grabbed her shirt, quickly dressing, and started pushing Therianth out the door. “I told you you were getting larger you goof. You can’t fit where you used to. Now you have made a mess and more work for the Healers. Out with you.”

Therianth reluctantly moved back outside. I just wanted to check if you were okay.

“You could have asked you know. Now…” Shahera paused as she realized she had no idea what the young girl’s name was. “…this young lady has to clean up your mess. You better do something nice for her in return.”

Would she like to play?!

Sitting down on bench outside Shahera began arranging her shirt so that it was covering what needed covering and not covering the scraps so they could be cleaned. “You could ask her. BUT only when she is done. Don’t drown her in questions either.”

houllow

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:16 pm
Soui gave a friendly wave to try and set the rider's mind at ease before ushering them both outside. Things certainly weren't as bad as they appeared and she didn't want anyone stressing over spilled salve that was easily replaced. The brunt of it could be cleaned up once she got back in, and so Soui gathered what she needed and told the main healer on duty what she was doing. It was easier to explain than risk coming back in and getting in trouble for leaving something behind.

With a deep breath she stepped outside, a smile on her face and the needed items in her arms. "Let's get you patched up and on your way. I don't want to keep you from your dragon, Miss....?" She was fishing for a name, but for both the rider and dragon in this case. It was important to know both, as she'd be speaking to both. "And in your case, your rider will be with you soon. She's not hurt that badly, but we still need to make sure nothing happens."

faesinger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:21 pm
Shahera started a little as it was obvious that the healer didn’t know her name either. “Oh! Where are my manners? Asking you to patch me up and all without even letting you know who I am.” She smiled to let the healer know there was no harm meant in what she was saying. “I am Shahera of Green Therianth. … Still getting used to that last part.”

Therianth, for her part, was all but quivering in excitement at the possibility of a new playmate. Can I say hi? It had taken Shahera and a few others a while to get it through to Therianth that people outside of dragon riders were not used to dragons suddenly talking in their heads. I want to tell her that I know she will do good work and that she should come play with us!

Wait until she is done and I will ask her if she would like to talk to you. As I said at the very beginning of all this, it won’t take long.

houllow

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:43 pm
"Ahaha, I should have introduced myself at the start, if I'm honest. You can call me Soui, and it's super wonderful to meet the two of you. Could deal with a better situation though, but I suppose most people don't meet healers unless they're injured." Soui figured she was luckier than most since she'd managed to meet so many people outside of the infirmary. Part of that was probably due to her nature of exploring and wanting to see the Weyr, not to mention her desire to flat out learn.

She set what she had down and looked to Shahera again, smiling. "I'll...actually need you to lift your shirt up again, though I don't think you need to take it off out here. Your scrapes didn't go that high so there's no need for full nudity."

faesinger

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:49 pm
With a smile, Shahera lifted her shirt. “I wish we had met under different circumstances. It is terrible to only meet someone when they have to patch you up.” Therianth whined a little next to them and thumped her tail. “Therianth also wishes that she had met you under different circumstances.”

She shrugged with one shoulder and winced a little. “Well, there is no changing the past. But I will have to drag you off somewhere to meet you properly at some point.” Shahera could practically feel the happiness at that idea rolling off Therianth.

houllow

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:50 pm
"It's okay." Soui's attention was less on the words being spoken and more on applying the salve and a few bandages. Her movements were clean and precise, no waste in anything, and no sooner than Shahera had her shirt up than Soui had bandages starting around it. A task like this was so simple she could almost do it in her sleep, a fact that would make her uncle and parents proud. Probably. Hopefully. "I've only applied a light layer of salve, as it's pretty hot out and you sweating would completely defeat the purpose of having anything on your skin - even with bandages."

A soft pat indicated she was done with the wrapping, the ends tucked so neatly and securely she felt as though the young rider could jump around and not have to worry about them slipping. "There, that should be secure enough. Please try moving your arms up and down as well as twisting your torso. If anything feels too tight or pinches, please let me know." Soui softly leaned back and glanced over at the dragon, giving her an affectionate and friendly wink before turning her attention over to the rider once more.

faesinger

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces